mitymity

Apr 29, 2021
Braindrop
Yesterday at 9:24 PM

Nah we're not doing this.
I get the frustration but we're not taking it that far here.
If you don't believe me then leave. I do not want you here. I only want your money and always have as i don't want to work and neither does my wife and if i milk you long enough, my kid won't have to either.
(Banned the offenders so I look silly with that message)
:lepew:

Wen I Say

Mar 17, 2019
IMO the reason people on his discord and patreon keep supporting him is they have a hard time separating the way they feel for the game from the developer.
I recently replayed WVM and actually came to the conclusion that it's honestly not that good like real talk 6/10 maybe.... What made WVM so likable, in my opinion, was the setting and the promise it showed for expansion. The characters are bland and are as deep as paper and the plot is a work in progress at best. There's a lot of just air to where you the reader fill in your own assumptions which creates the "intrigue" in the VN. So if anything I think the rose-tinted glasses are what keep people around but that's my own opinion. When I read people talk about how this is the best VN they've played here I always ask them for their list of VNs and it's more often than not that this is their 1st which always makes me a little sad.. I won't list some BANGER ass VNs since I'll probably get this post deleted hell I'm probably infringing on something the moderator doesn't like. But if you're a vet your list is probably mine anyway and we know there's better out there by more reputable sources. Now that doesn't mean we/me/us don't want this to succeed but if you've been around the block here you know the terrain is littered with discarded great and some not-so-great dead VN's.

aaachris

Oct 26, 2019
I recently replayed WVM and actually came to the conclusion that it's honestly not that good like real talk 6/10 maybe.... What made WVM so likable, in my opinion, was the setting and the promise it showed for expansion. The characters are bland and are as deep as paper and the plot is a work in progress at best. There's a lot of just air to where you the reader fill in your own assumptions which creates the "intrigue" in the VN. So if anything I think the rose-tinted glasses are what keep people around but that's my own opinion. When I read people talk about how this is the best VN they've played here I always ask them for their list of VNs and it's more often than not that this is their 1st which always makes me a little sad.. I won't list some BANGER ass VNs since I'll probably get this post deleted hell I'm probably infringing on something the moderator doesn't like. But if you're a vet your list is probably mine anyway and we know there's better out there by more reputable sources. Now that doesn't mean we/me/us don't want this to succeed but if you've been around the block here you know the terrain is littered with discarded great and some not-so-great dead VN's.
what made it good was the update frequency and good models. There is many good games here but update every 2 to 4+ months kills the vibe.

jish55

Nov 23, 2017
BD is now just getting in his own way, there's no doubt about it, especially the last few posts where he essentially seems uncertain about releasing the update that, honestly, none of us really care about (yeah, the game is based on basketball, but let's face it, everyone who supports him or on here plays this game for the major harem fantasy, not to see games of basketball that could easily be done in stills or not even shown at all and most would be okay with it). Because of that, we're most likely gonna see a ton of "issues" coming from him as he keeps pushing the update away that he's already admitted he's nervous about releasing.

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
BD is now just getting in his own way, there's no doubt about it, especially the last few posts where he essentially seems uncertain about releasing the update that, honestly, none of us really care about (yeah, the game is based on basketball, but let's face it, everyone who supports him or on here plays this game for the major harem fantasy, not to see games of basketball that could easily be done in stills or not even shown at all and most would be okay with it). Because of that, we're most likely gonna see a ton of "issues" coming from him as he keeps pushing the update away that he's already admitted he's nervous about releasing.
I never understood this fixation on the exibition game, the basketball is just a background story for the character... no one really plays this game for the basketball....

Sep 16, 2021
Per BDs discord server:

Braindrop

If you don't believe me then leave. I do not want you here.

I’m the one that got banned lol.
That was after someone asked when the next update it, I answered, summarized, “if BD is back to his old shenanigans, then could be half year/full year. Who knows if he’s even in hospital, boy cries wolf constantly with different excuses each time, best case scenario we get 300 renders in March”

Individual

Oct 4, 2022
Per BDs discord server:

Braindrop

If you don't believe me then leave. I do not want you here.

Yeah, I was one of the people who got banned. Dude is upset that people are reasonably doubtful. He's done absolutely nothing to gain any trust and just thinks his word is good enough when he lies all the time.

I’m the one that got banned lol.
That was after someone asked when the next update it, I answered, summarized, “if BD is back to his old shenanigans, then could be half year/full year. Who knows if he’s even in hospital, boy cries wolf constantly with different excuses each time, best case scenario we get 300 renders in March”
Same. A completely reasonable response given his history. We were actually quite generous with our estimates. He's just worried people will start unsubscribing if they get told the truth instead of listen to his lies. Weird how he has been in the "hospital" all this time ignoring messages but now that people are calling him out he's here to silence them.

Individual

Oct 4, 2022
I never understood this fixation on the exibition game, the basketball is just a background story for the character... no one really plays this game for the basketball....
He's not fixated on anything; he just uses that as an excuse not to work. He's been claiming the be fixated on this all year. There are plenty of scenes where basketball is getting played in the game. You go against Skye, you play against Damian, you have a shootout against Kenji, and there are plenty of two on twos. He isn't incapable of depicting the game being played, he just needs an excuse to not release any future updates, so he created this imaginary wall that is the infamous "exhibition game" that is gatekeeping the rest of the game.

ktunga

Jul 10, 2022
It's sad that this game will never get finished. By far one of the best games on this site. Really wish Braindrop would hire more developers and stick around to help and quality check what they make, but I know that Braindrop is too greedy and lazy to do any of that. Add onto this that his Discord is full of people that just eat up every lie he tells them and worship him as a messiah.
i stated that when his granpa passed away and i got smashed by many of the trolls here and in the patron so for me was easy i stop the pledge and ia was a big one so more money for me but the true is that he cant work and he do this kind of job bcs his work ethics suckx ,imagine him working a normal 9 hrs job ....with all his excuses he will be out of job in seconds and even in a game dev company with all the lucj he will be out bcs he can comitee to be criticized so .....nothing new over here

karumi56

Oct 7, 2019
I recently replayed WVM and actually came to the conclusion that it's honestly not that good like real talk 6/10 maybe.... What made WVM so likable, in my opinion, was the setting and the promise it showed for expansion. The characters are bland and are as deep as paper and the plot is a work in progress at best...
This is a trap that a lot of of VNs here fall into when they allow patrons to create characters and end up with a bloated cast of paper thin caricatures. When you start naming your characters colors to match their appearance, you know the inspiration well has run dry.
This game really started to crater when BD got angry at criticism and doubled down on the stuff that people were hating (duck face, bru bru, etc.) It's in the earlier mind drops if you're curious to go back and read them.

My suggestion for BD is to instead of the DITLO stuff as a side project (which did not seem to receive a very positive reaction), maybe work on a different side project to recharge his mojo. Hopefully that will get his head back in the game and inspire him to continue WMV when he feels the inclination.

Wen I Say

Mar 17, 2019
My suggestion for BD is to instead of the DITLO stuff as a side project (which did not seem to receive a very positive reaction), maybe work on a different side project to recharge his mojo. Hopefully that will get his head back in the game and inspire him to continue WMV when he feels the inclination.
He hasn't felt the inclination in almost 2 years so I'm not holding out hope for that.

YepperCause

Dec 23, 2017
That logic is silly to me but if that's your criteria then you do you.
"People prefer shit every day to steak once a week"-'90s internet proverb.

DITLO stuff as a side project (which did not seem to receive a very positive reaction)
The DITLO: Harper reaction is when this forum turned against BD. Seriously, go back to the page on this thread before it was posted and almost all comments are positive. The page after, almost all comments are negative.

aaachris

Oct 26, 2019
"People prefer shit every day to steak once a week"-'90s internet proverb.
Enjoy the milking steak BD is going put out next june maybe.
With zero accountablity from devs side, longer developement time speaks more about deliberately delaying after they get big.

karumi56

Oct 7, 2019
I think the fixation on the exhibition game was by some supporters of the game (search in this thread for "exhibition game" and you'll see the reams of it). I think BD probably had an idea in his head on what he wanted to show for the first actual basketball game, and ended up not being able to do it. This lead to missed deadlines, more excuses, etc.

The previous example of this was the pool party scene, which basically led to a year of delays with BD "re-working it" and redoing the renders (supposedly). The end product was pretty terrible (purple water, nonsensical matching outfits, etc.)

The basketball backstory is already so silly, I'm not looking forward to whatever "dramatic event" that is likely planned to take place during the game. I'd much rather just some simple character development of the girls in the harem. :rolleyes:

3.70 star(s) 642 Votes