YepperCause

Dec 23, 2017
He'd definitely already fallen off from his consistent update schedule and he'd been off it for months by the time DITLO: Harper came out. He put out basically the entire game between 2019 and the end of 2020 and since then we've gotten two updates and one DITLO. But until DITLO came out, this forum was still almost unanimously supportive of BD. Actually kind of impressive how many people he pissed off and how fast with that release.

Reactions: jjmayne

jish55

Nov 23, 2017
I feel the real dev problems not related to rl stuff (because I do believe the stuff that happened in 2020 and the start of 2021 were legit) was when BD announced he was working on a remake of the first 10 days, which I had been voicing my concerns early on. I feel that that alone started to take away a lot of his mojo where because he was splitting his time between the remake and new updates, he started to fall behind and freak out. This is when he most likely started making the posts where he started making excuses to try and make it seem like bad things kept happening, which did get a lot of people's sympathy until he released DITLO instead of the mega updated he'd promised a good 6 months prior.

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
It wasn't sunshine and daisies before DITLO. There had already been 2 years of the excuse cycle by then. DITLO just made a lot of the remainder of people open their eyes a bit and realize the game's development was indeed a shit show. I put it "delicately" because there is even now a die-hard group of BD followers who just face palm anything they perceive as negative.
DITLO was the confirmation for everyone that still believed Braindrop that the 2k render update that was supposedly ready didnt exist. You dont make a whole stand alone episode before fleshing out the 2k render update you supposedly have

FreshRevenge

Oct 17, 2019
DITLO was the confirmation for everyone that still believed Braindrop that the 2k render update that was supposedly ready didnt exist. You dont make a whole stand alone episode before fleshing out the 2k render update you supposedly have
Ditlo was a bit of a failure. Also it being censored didn't help. But it looked like he quickly rendered about 167 renders really quickly to shut his supporters up and to have an excuse to charge them for that month.

From what I gathered from his Braindrops, he was supposed to release an update on the 19th of November. November 19th comes around and he says he needs another week. The 25th comes around and now we are in limbo once again. Not sure when there will be another update. He doesn't update on his patreon but people find out he has been in the hospital.

Okay so let me get this straight, he is able to login in Discord and post but he isn't able to get onto Patreon? I can log into my Patreon account from my phone so??

The issue is this isn't his first excuse. They keep adding up. It happens too much especially when there is an update. He makes these promises while at the same time charging his supporters with an excuse that he has been working hard on this basketball game and it was causing his stress for the year thinking about it. Back in July I think is when I stopped coming on here. He wasn't talking about any basketball game that he was stressing over.

So I feel BD is a liar. I mean he could tell me that snow is white and I wouldn't believe him. It's sad really because he is the one has proven to be unreliable.

Do you know most people who get the flu don't go to the hospital. They just get some orange juice and make chicken soup and get a box of tissue paper. Also do you know how expensive it is to go to the hospital. I don't know what sort of insurance he has but a trip to the doctors office to be told that you have the flu isn't cheap. Also getting an appedix removal can cost around 1500 dollars. Hopital stay can rack up the medical bills. Again not sure what sort of insurance has but he still needs to pay a premium for health coverage etc. Unless he is under medicaid or whatever. But still he took a common sickness that happens this time a year and use it as an excuse. Add in the appendix removal and we have another delay of his so-called promised release.

The last big update was promised to be in April, he posted on his patreon it would be May. Then he went silent and people on his discord found out that his grandfather passed away. Whether it is true or not, it seems too convenient for any time he makes a promise that some national emergency occurs.

People need to read between the lines of his Braindrops and you will find a pattern. You will also see that the character of Mackenzie and Braindrop are in fact the same person.

So now we will get another wave of Braindrop banning people on his discord for calling him out on his BS. Also removing some of his patreons. Which in reality it is his fault. He just needs to be honest. Just tell people you got nothing and call it a day. I also love how he turns the backlash as a personal attack. Well, if you stopped lying and making promises or updates that you can't keep, maybe just maybe people wouldn't call you out on it.

At this point I don't care about his autobiography speeches or excuses. I just want to see results. Given the decline of this vn I just don't see this happening. I think he either walks away or gets other people to help work on the game. But knowing that he doesn't work well with others, it would be better just to move on to other games and developers who are more responsible.

artofwar

Mar 17, 2020
You know, thinking about it, I have never once seen a dev/vn that devolved to this level manage to pick their asses up and get back to a decent release cadence. I don't think I've seen one that's been completed, to be honest. I've seen a couple that got put way on the backburner then hastily 'completed' out of nowhere, but they didn't even approach this level of bullshittery.

To anyone that is *still* hanging on, believing that brainderp will come back swinging in full form: Keep waiting, I'm sure it's just around the corner. Make sure to keep that patreon subscribed too, you deserve it!

Steinchen

Mar 3, 2017
lol i am really buffed now how it can be that i wrote something here about braindrop banning some of his supporters for calling him out,including me that has been deleted twice for violating rule no 1 and trolling now.

and now look at the last 5 or 6 pages here and nobody seems to care?? WTF??? :unsure::unsure:

Last edited:
Reactions: ktunga and twiztid

el_rayan07

Feb 26, 2021
Ditlo was a bit of a failure. Also it being censored didn't help. But it looked like he quickly rendered about 167 renders really quickly to shut his supporters up and to have an excuse to charge them for that month.

From what I gathered from his Braindrops, he was supposed to release an update on the 19th of November. November 19th comes around and he says he needs another week. The 25th comes around and now we are in limbo once again. Not sure when there will be another update. He doesn't update on his patreon but people find out he has been in the hospital.

Okay so let me get this straight, he is able to login in Discord and post but he isn't able to get onto Patreon? I can log into my Patreon account from my phone so??

The issue is this isn't his first excuse. They keep adding up. It happens too much especially when there is an update. He makes these promises while at the same time charging his supporters with an excuse that he has been working hard on this basketball game and it was causing his stress for the year thinking about it. Back in July I think is when I stopped coming on here. He wasn't talking about any basketball game that he was stressing over.

So I feel BD is a liar. I mean he could tell me that snow is white and I wouldn't believe him. It's sad really because he is the one has proven to be unreliable.

Do you know most people who get the flu don't go to the hospital. They just get some orange juice and make chicken soup and get a box of tissue paper. Also do you know how expensive it is to go to the hospital. I don't know what sort of insurance he has but a trip to the doctors office to be told that you have the flu isn't cheap. Also getting an appedix removal can cost around 1500 dollars. Hopital stay can rack up the medical bills. Again not sure what sort of insurance has but he still needs to pay a premium for health coverage etc. Unless he is under medicaid or whatever. But still he took a common sickness that happens this time a year and use it as an excuse. Add in the appendix removal and we have another delay of his so-called promised release.

The last big update was promised to be in April, he posted on his patreon it would be May. Then he went silent and people on his discord found out that his grandfather passed away. Whether it is true or not, it seems too convenient for any time he makes a promise that some national emergency occurs.

People need to read between the lines of his Braindrops and you will find a pattern. You will also see that the character of Mackenzie and Braindrop are in fact the same person.

So now we will get another wave of Braindrop banning people on his discord for calling him out on his BS. Also removing some of his patreons. Which in reality it is his fault. He just needs to be honest. Just tell people you got nothing and call it a day. I also love how he turns the backlash as a personal attack. Well, if you stopped lying and making promises or updates that you can't keep, maybe just maybe people wouldn't call you out on it.

At this point I don't care about his autobiography speeches or excuses. I just want to see results. Given the decline of this vn I just don't see this happening. I think he either walks away or gets other people to help work on the game. But knowing that he doesn't work well with others, it would be better just to move on to other games and developers who are more responsible.
wow that a lot of text XD

Reactions: cpwhite444

mitymity

Apr 29, 2021
Time to unwatch the thread and come back in a few months, I guess.
Did that, you can go into a coma and when you wake up, it will be the same. Maybe BD will claim he was in coma next to you for 3 months, but the update is close to being ready :ROFLMAO:

Now there's an idea, getting 15k per month for being in a coma for 5 years...

Hi, Mackenzie here, i have some bad news, there's been an accident... :LOL:

el_rayan07

Feb 26, 2021
Did that, you can go into a coma and when you wake up, it will be the same. Maybe BD will claim he was in coma next to you for 3 months, but the update is close to being ready :ROFLMAO:

Now there's an idea, getting 15k per month for being in a coma for 5 years...

Hi, Mackenzie here, i have some bad news, there's been an accident... :LOL:
at this point i dont really care about the update im just here for the memes bro XDDDD

Individual

Oct 4, 2022
I understand that and I'm not gonna pretend I'm immune to burnout. But I love doing this man. It's fun. It's crazy to think we live in a time that I can tell a story like this in this kind of way. I wake up every morning excited to add more to it. I spend all day thinking about what to add to it. I feel super accomplished whenever I see the file size going up.
This aged poorly.

pecard255

Mar 28, 2020
The thing about being in his discord is that no matter how credible your grievances are, he's always got some "issue" going on. So there's never a "right time" to air them out, because homie is always "sick" or whatever.
It sounds like he wants you to feel sorry for him.

Sorrowz

May 27, 2017
Latest update from his Discord is that if you accuse him of lying/making up stuff, then him/mods are just going to ban you now. Even if you're a high tier supporter.

And this: "Also, sounds like I'll be heading home finally today. Gonna see what I can do over the next few days and I'll have a post up about when to expect things around then."

Then some poor soul in the Discord wrote that he can't wait till the New Year when BD and Mackenzie are both back and revitalized.

Kassan06969

Apr 14, 2022
Latest update from his Discord is that if you accuse him of lying/making up stuff, then him/mods are just going to ban you now. Even if you're a high tier supporter.

And this: "Also, sounds like I'll be heading home finally today. Gonna see what I can do over the next few days and I'll have a post up about when to expect things around then."

Then some poor soul in the Discord wrote that he can't wait till the New Year when BD and Mackenzie are both back and revitalized.
Then the supporters they ban from discord should drop patronage to 0.

Individual

Oct 4, 2022

How about instead of banning the people doubting him he instead proves them wrong? The people doubting him are also his supporters and it's kind of sad that he's spitting in their faces when their grievances are completely reasonable. What he's worried about is that the people who he's successfully brainwashed will get swayed by the people speaking the truth as he continues to not make any updates going forwards.

I guarantee you when he puts that post up a few days from now it'll end up saying that the new update won't be released until January or later. He probably will have decided there is something else he wants to "tweak" or "remake" before "releasing" the update.

3.70 star(s) 642 Votes