el_rayan07

Feb 26, 2021
How about instead of banning the people doubting him he instead proves them wrong? The people doubting him are also his supporters and it's kind of sad that he's spitting in their faces when their grievances are completely reasonable. What he's worried about is that the people who he's successfully brainwashed will get swayed by the people speaking the truth as he continues to not make any updates going forwards.

I guarantee you when he puts that post up a few days from now it'll end up saying that the new update won't be released until January or later. He probably will have decided there is something else he wants to "tweak" or "remake" before "releasing" the update.
january??, nah he'll say it will be out soon and by may 2023 he'll release a DILO or some similar shit

derpmcderp

May 30, 2020
just gonna ignore what's happening here and say
wow trans Shauna :love:
This is the saddest part about this game being on life support to me, it's absolutely the first game I played that had legitimate trans option(s) with an actual story route. I can honestly say before this game I don't recall anyone making a major character that way. The last time Shauna had some legitimate content was ages ago.

StantheMan69

Aug 10, 2017
I feel the real dev problems not related to rl stuff (because I do believe the stuff that happened in 2020 and the start of 2021 were legit) was when BD announced he was working on a remake of the first 10 days, which I had been voicing my concerns early on. I feel that that alone started to take away a lot of his mojo where because he was splitting his time between the remake and new updates, he started to fall behind and freak out. This is when he most likely started making the posts where he started making excuses to try and make it seem like bad things kept happening, which did get a lot of people's sympathy until he released DITLO instead of the mega updated he'd promised a good 6 months prior.
I don't think him splitting his time is the real issue. I think he doesn't have any idea for where to go with the story. That or he lost passion for making the game and instead of abandoning just costing along making excuses because he doesn't want to give up the money.

d_pedestrian

Engaged Member
Jul 18, 2020
I feel the real dev problems not related to rl stuff (because I do believe the stuff that happened in 2020 and the start of 2021 were legit) was when BD announced he was working on a remake of the first 10 days, which I had been voicing my concerns early on. I feel that that alone started to take away a lot of his mojo where because he was splitting his time between the remake and new updates, he started to fall behind and freak out. This is when he most likely started making the posts where he started making excuses to try and make it seem like bad things kept happening, which did get a lot of people's sympathy until he released DITLO instead of the mega updated he'd promised a good 6 months prior.
Remaking a game is never a good idea. You would be wasting your time as well as of those who played your game.

If dev think they know much more about Daz they should make a second season with improved graphics to tell them apart.

Also, who don't have problems in their life? Still we wake up everyday and do our thing. He just let those personal problems affect his professional life a lot which isn't professional.

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
As someone around from the beginning I would say that the first sign of issues began when people started to comment on the cis-Shauna backstory being weak in comparison to the trans one. In my mind this wasn't an issue as I assumed the trans story was the canon path in BD's head and the cis story was a concession and so I would said exactly that; cis players get a worse experience but it's either that or delete the game and play something else

There was the fallout from the purge of 2019 when Patreon was forced to get strict on the anti-incest train in order to keep their payment processors, without which they wouldn't be a viable business. No matter what BD claims now, it is obvious that the original intention was for Azel, Willow and, possibly, Wendy to be lewdable characters before this. The teases still present in the first few days are more than enough evidence of this and still, to this day, cause new players to ask when Azel will be lewdable, requiring a repost of the Azel loop meme

The big issue was the introduction of Talismah as the third client. The initial presentation by Rachel gave the impression that the clients would only appear in the game for as long as they needed to in order to get pregnant then disappear once they were (which is a clever way to add sex scenes early on before MC's fellow students would be ready to join his harem). Tali's introduction broke that entirely, she's Rachel's pseudo daughter who her 'mum' is pimping out to a virtual stranger in order to get her knocked up when she's barely been outside in a decade or more :eek: BD had the good sense to re-write her introduction but that also meant fucking over the patrons who'd voted for her to be a client with immediate lewd scenes

To me, the announcement of a complete replacement of the first 10 days was just another problem

ogr blanc

May 15, 2019
quick question, in the dozens of games that got a "re-write" how many actually worked? i can only think of 2: [Love&Sex 2nd base] and [Lust and Power] and the latter is going through another re-write again.

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
quick question, in the dozens of games that got a "re-write" how many actually worked? i can only think of 2: [Love&Sex 2nd base] and [Lust and Power] and the latter is going through another re-write again.
Every dev after players question the wisdom of a re-write based on past history said:
Ah but this re-write is different from those others because I am fully commited to this project
In my opinion, every indy dev, whether in the adult space or otherwise, should read some Douglas Adams ahead of time (I won't say why, people who know his work already know which part I'm referring to and those who haven't shouldn't have to suffer my inferior explanation when the original is available)

Reactions: Ilhares

derpmcderp

May 30, 2020
As someone around from the beginning I would say that the first sign of issues began when people started to comment on the cis-Shauna backstory being weak in comparison to the trans one. In my mind this wasn't an issue as I assumed the trans story was the canon path in BD's head and the cis story was a concession and so I would said exactly that; cis players get a worse experience but it's either that or delete the game and play something else
I agree with you, and even further, I don't think cis Shauna should have been an option at all. Given the story arc of her and Jamie, having the unrequited feelings best friend vs. the first real girlfriend didn't really go anywhere that justifies having the choice, IMO. Then again, I feel the same way about Eve in Summertime Saga so maybe it's just me. I feel like giving the option on some level invalidates both choices. We're literally making two different people who aren't different enough, and are collectively less than if only one of them had ever existed. Consider if they gave this option for literally any other established character, how weird it would be and how much unnecessary work it would create for the writer.

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
I agree with you, and even further, I don't think cis Shauna should have been an option at all.
I'm willing to openly disagree on this one. This was probably one of BD's better choices. Despite how "woke" or accepting some people want to be, not everyone agrees.

If I had a childhood pal decide he wanted to start dressing up and acting like a woman, that's fine. Weird, perhaps, but I am in favor of people largely doing what they can to be happy with life. I would not, however, be fucking him. Nor would I subject myself to the thought police and call him a woman.

BD sidesteps this problem by making it optional, which is good, as you don't really have the option of playing the game and not fucking them. He has made sure he can maintain a good wide crowd for support.

Which, when you look at the current situation, was probably for the best. He needs all the support he can get at this point.

Last edited:

SerHawkes

Engaged Member
Oct 29, 2017
I'm willing to openly disagree on this one. This was probably one of BD's better choices. Despite how "woke" or accepting some people want to be, not everyone agrees.

If I had a childhood pal decide he wanted to start dressing up and acting like a woman, that's fine. Weird, perhaps, but I am in favor of people largely doing what they can to be happy with life. I would not, however, be fucking him. Nor would I subject myself to the though police and call him a woman.

BD sifesteps this problem by making it optional, which is good, as you don't really have the option of playing the game and not fucking them. He has made sure he can maintain a good wide crowd for support.

Which, when you look at the current situation, was probably for the best. He needs all the support he can get at this point.
Agreed here. Having it atleast optional for our best friend to either be a woman or someone whos is somewhat transistioning was a good move and it wasn't forced upon us. Other than Skye being the true 'Trans' character of course.

derpmcderp

May 30, 2020

If I had a childhood pal decide he wanted to start dressing up and acting like a woman, that's fine. Weird, perhaps, but I am in favor of people largely doing what they can to be happy with life. I would not, however, be fucking him. Nor would I subject myself to the thought police and call him a woman.

BD sidesteps this problem by making it optional, which is good, as you don't really have the option of playing the game and not fucking them. He has made sure he can maintain a good wide crowd for support.

I get that. To me, the choice would be keeping it platonic or not, but different strokes (no pun intended).

ogr blanc

May 15, 2019
i have no problem with female shauna being an option, i just dont think there's the need for all this drama when it could just be that she also suffered bullying, a very easy way would be keep everything the same, but just make her a chubby girl as a kid instead.

YepperCause

Dec 23, 2017
I agree with you, and even further, I don't think cis Shauna should have been an option at all. Given the story arc of her and Jamie, having the unrequited feelings best friend vs. the first real girlfriend didn't really go anywhere that justifies having the choice, IMO. Then again, I feel the same way about Eve in Summertime Saga so maybe it's just me. I feel like giving the option on some level invalidates both choices. We're literally making two different people who aren't different enough, and are collectively less than if only one of them had ever existed. Consider if they gave this option for literally any other established character, how weird it would be and how much unnecessary work it would create for the writer.
I think cis Shauna was fine. But cis Penny's writing is just silly. She definitely should have been purely platonic if the player wasn't interested.

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
You are wrong.

The option of Shauna being female is the best decision BD made.

Many of us wouldnt be playing this game with a forced relationship with a trans, and the relationship between the MC and Shauna is key, and cannot be optional

Last edited:

derpmcderp

May 30, 2020
You are wrong.

The option of Shauna being female is the best decision BD made.

Many of us wouldnt be playing this game with a forced relationship with a trans, and the relationship between the MC and Shauna is key, and cannot be optional
Again, as I said perhaps not clearly enough, I think the choice should have been whether she was just a friend or not.

Reactions: oatrick

Hg0

Feb 11, 2018
I love this game but I can't stand this dev. I used to be a patreon supporter until he jacked up his tier prices for polls. I'd get the increase if there was an actual team pushing regular updates but it's one guy who constantly ghosts when an update is "a few days away".

3.70 star(s) 642 Votes