Oct 22, 2017
By your list, he has posted actual playable content 3 times in 23 months. That means he's averaging 0.13 playable content releases per month. Which means his patrons are overpaying every month by about 99.86% (YMMV on this).
I really appreciate you breaking this down further!, but I feel this section makes it all look worse than it is (which is saying something, as it is bad af).

If you pay 100% of your pledge per month and get 0.13 updates, based on the assumption the pledge is paid on a update/month base, this would mean you over-paid 87%, as you got content for 13% of your money?

BD didn't officially aim for monthly releases most of the time that is covered here though, but more like every 2-3? months I think (though the schedule wasn't even defined in between). And other games being updated every 4-5(6) months isn't that uncommon anymore.
So while he might have released 0.13 playable content updates per month, this is like ~0.33 updates per scheduled update. And 0.65 updates in other games reasonable schedules.

This doesn't make any of it really better, but it means if a Patron didn't expect monthly updates (which they shouldn't have), their over-paying isn't as crass as you show it. That is if they even pay for content only.

Some games I support, I support based on a 'money-per-content' assumption, calculating what an update is worth for me and dividing it through the months of the devs' schedule (and I over-pay even those compared to what I am willing to pay on say Steam for a game), others because I want to support the dev(s) so they can do their thing. Those I sometimes over-pay compared to other games in a way I refuse to think about it on any game/content related scale.

derpmcderp

May 30, 2020
I really appreciate you breaking this down further!, but I feel this section makes it all look worse than it is (which is saying something, as it is bad af).

If you pay 100% of your pledge per month and get 0.13 updates, based on the assumption the pledge is paid on a update/month base, this would mean you over-paid 87%, as you got content for 13% of your money?

BD didn't officially aim for monthly releases most of the time that is covered here though, but more like every 2-3? months I think (though the schedule wasn't even defined in between). And other games being updated every 4-5(6) months isn't that uncommon anymore.
So while he might have released 0.13 playable content updates per month, this is like ~0.33 updates per scheduled update. And 0.65 updates in other games reasonable schedules.

This doesn't make any of it really better, but it means if a Patron didn't expect monthly updates (which they shouldn't have), their over-paying isn't as crass as you show it. That is if they even pay for content only.

Some games I support, I support based on a 'money-per-content' assumption, calculating what an update is worth for me and dividing it through the months of the devs' schedule (and I over-pay even those compared to what I am willing to pay on say Steam for a game), others because I want to support the dev(s) so they can do their thing. Those I sometimes over-pay compared to other games in a way I refuse to think about it on any game/content related scale.
This is why I say your mileage may vary depending on what you believe you are owed. In my opinion, someone who does this as a full time job, making significantly more per month than most people on this website if not all of them, owes a regular output stream to his audience. And I'm not an unfeeling robot, I am not saying you MUST do it every month without fail - shit happens. But for me, he crossed a line.

Just look at that rate. He should want that to be as close to 1.00 as possible. When he went from hobby to fulltime, he should have just started knocking this out of the park. He certainly talked it up like he had to content to do just that. He used to feel bad about not hitting goals, but now that he's gotten away with it so much he doesn't even apologize for it anymore. He's not sorry - if he were he wouldn't have curated his garden to only contain new patrons and old copium addicts. A reasonable person in his position would say to himself, the number of angry people is well beyond what could normally be written off as haters. Especially because so many of them practically apologize themselves in one form or another explaining that they didn't want to give up on him.

If BD put out a 50 render release once a month, which is almost nothing, he wouldn't be in this position. If he had done six releases over the last 23 months instead of three, he wouldn't be in this position. The thing the metrics don't capture, is how much energy he spends on his Mind Drops. He has a seemingly unlimited budget for complaining about all the problems he has, and he budgets so close to zero energy for the thing that created his fanbase that if he's not a liar outright, he's a self-sabotager. Either way, I think people should face reality here and realize what they are enabling with their wallet. The more money you give him, the more of this behavior you can expect to receive.

Oct 22, 2017
This is why I say your mileage may vary depending on what you believe you are owed. In my opinion, someone who does this as a full time job, making significantly more per month than most people on this website if not all of them, owes a regular output stream to his audience. And I'm not an unfeeling robot, I am not saying you MUST do it every month without fail - shit happens. But for me, he crossed a line.

Just look at that rate. He should want that to be as close to 1.00 as possible. When he went from hobby to fulltime, he should have just started knocking this out of the park. He certainly talked it up like he had to content to do just that. He used to feel bad about not hitting goals, but now that he's gotten away with it so much he doesn't even apologize for it anymore. He's not sorry - if he were he wouldn't have curated his garden to only contain new patrons and old copium addicts. A reasonable person in his position would say to himself, the number of angry people is well beyond what could normally be written off as haters. Especially because so many of them practically apologize themselves in one form or another explaining that they didn't want to give up on him.

If BD put out a 50 render release once a month, which is almost nothing, he wouldn't be in this position. If he had done six releases over the last 23 months instead of three, he wouldn't be in this position. The thing the metrics don't capture, is how much energy he spends on his Mind Drops. He has a seemingly unlimited budget for complaining about all the problems he has, and he budgets so close to zero energy for the thing that created his fanbase that if he's not a liar outright, he's a self-sabotager. Either way, I think people should face reality here and realize what they are enabling with their wallet. The more money you give him, the more of this behavior you can expect to receive.
I'm completely with you on this.

I just don't see any 'your mileage may vary depending on what you believe you are owed'. It might be more posts back than I checked? I double-checked but still didn't see it, sorry if I'm just blind ...

It also makes a difference if you say someone over-pays 99% or 87% or ~50%.
Just wanted to point that out.

We both agree the situation is bad, we expect(ed) more from BD and it should have been easy for him to avoid it all.

derpmcderp

May 30, 2020
I'm completely with you on this.

I just don't see any 'your mileage may vary depending on what you believe you are owed'. It might be more posts back than I checked? I double-checked but still didn't see it, sorry if I'm just blind ...

It also makes a difference if you say someone over-pays 99% or 87% or ~50%.
Just wanted to point that out.

We both agree the situation is bad, we expect(ed) more from BD and it should have been easy for him to avoid it all.
I edited my post to add it later because I realized I forgot to say it when I originally wrote it, that may be why.

Reactions: GingerbreadMan
Oct 22, 2017
I edited my post to add it later because I realized I forgot to say it when I originally wrote it, that may be why.
I'm assuming you mean this part: ' (YMMV on this) ' ?

I would never have expected it to mean that - googled it right now while writing this and got the confirmation this is an actual abbreviation?

I apologize because I could have checked that one earlier - it's just nothing I expected to have that much meaning for this and just assumed it was some affirmation/slang/whatever for what was already there that I didn't get. I actually had thought about it before shortly but just discarded it as 'no idea what that is supposed to mean - will surely be nothing of importance' ...

derpmcderp

May 30, 2020
I'm assuming you mean this part: ' (YMMV on this) ' ?

I would never have expected it to mean that - googled it right now while writing this and got the confirmation this is an actual abbreviation?

I apologize because I could have checked that one earlier - it's just nothing I expected to have that much meaning for this and just assumed it was some affirmation/slang/whatever for what was already there that I didn't get. I actually had thought about it before shortly but just discarded it as 'no idea what that is supposed to mean - will surely be nothing of importance' ...
Yeah that's always how I have heard it used - to basically indicate that how you feel/what your experience is/etc. will be affected by your individual situation/values/whatever. Is this old people internet speak now, have I finally turned into an internet boomer?

Aardvaark77

May 23, 2021

I agree that money wise he hasn't put out any more or less content than other creators. That wasn't the part I was poking fun at. It was the absurd number of excuses and delays that when looked at as a whole becomes a farce.

If you look at the first excuse I bothered to find he promised a 600+ render update in TWO days! Over the next two months of excuses that promise ballooned to a 1500+ render release at any moment. In fact, from his first excuse, it took him SEVEN months(with about 15-20 random excuses) and the release was 200+ renders. What happened to the 400 renders he had ready? What happened to the 1300 extra renders?

From there in December he promised a 1500+ render update by January 6th (among other 'bunch' releases in between). This promise eventually ballooned to a 2400+ render release at any moment. This time it took him 7 more months(and 20+ more random excuses) and he released a 300+ render 'beta'.

It has now been another 7 months and the last absolute no excuse promised release was three days ago.

I may be off by a bit but he has roughly released 500 renders in updates a full TWENTY ONE MONTHS after saying he had a 600+ render update ready to release in 2 days. No sense even bothering to wonder about where the imminent release of 2400+ renders went.

I don't care about workflow. As I said before it is the lies and absurd excuses that made me amused enough to put them into a list. If he came out tomorrow and said "look guys, I have been lying for the last two years. I have done the absolute bare minimum to maintain the free flow of money. I am sorry. I am going to work now and there will be a release when there is a release". I would at least respect that.

derpmcderp

May 30, 2020
I don't care about workflow. As I said before it is the lies and absurd excuses that made me amused enough to put them into a list. If he came out tomorrow and said "look guys, I have been lying for the last two years. I have done the absolute bare minimum to maintain the free flow of money. I am sorry. I am going to work now and there will be a release when there is a release". I would at least respect that.
The sad thing is I think a large amount of people, if not most that are tuned out now, would agree with this, myself included. If he spent all of this year actually putting out content, a lot of people would probably let the last two years be bygones. When you lay out the timeline as you have, the excuses are clearly a farce.

I've heard of "my dog ate my homework," but BD was the first to come up with "I locked myself in my friend's basement so I don't accidentally kill my family." Imagine if you worked with this guy in a normal 9-5 job.

• Haha
Reactions: OEJ and ktunga

karumi56

Oct 7, 2019
His newest post is again just gaslighting
It's rather brilliant. The "remodel" gives almost endless future excuses. Anything from "the couch was the wrong shade of blue" to "the layout didn't have adequate Feng Shui". Plus it allows endless "rework" with the addition of new DAZ assets.

The actual planned rework of the game would've fixed some actual related issues. In the first few game days, the MC and followers move several times into new and bigger houses. I've always chalked this up to Braindrop getting new DAZ assets and "relocating" the story to these.

Welcome to WMV, The Sims edition. :rolleyes:

neo1989

Aug 30, 2021
I've never posted on the WVM forum before, but I played this game for the first time last fall (what a time to get into it, amirite?!) Honestly I've just been coming back here since then to watch the circus. Part of me honestly hopes this game never gets finished. What could possibly be more entertaining than the cartoonishly contrived soap opera surrounding its (lack of) completion? People are actually contributing financially to this slow-motion trainwreck? Yikes!

I like the boobsy Taylor Swift character though.

jjmayne

Jan 22, 2022
Since he doesn’t really address criticisms on his patreon (you know, the main platform he profits from) you’d think maybe the discord would be the way to go, so let's check that out shall we?

This is what the discord always looks like; can’t complain about anything but then BD posts some random shit and ignores the criticisms lol. And they muted "the dissenter" in the discord as well.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

It's the same story every time there's a delay. Dude's washed.

Deleted member 1322027

Born of the void, powered by cringe.
Mar 24, 2019
Bad news everyone. Someone on Daz created . Expect MC+Harem to be moving again and then BD has to add custom touches on this new home. See you in 2 more years.
even worse news someone on daz created a expect delays upwards of 3 weeks while braindrop adds a new kitchen sink and kettle!

kcaldw

Feb 19, 2021
Sp when are we supposed to get another excuse as to why Brain Drop aka (McKenzie) can't release the update? I know that it's supposed to be sometime this week but when? He's beginning to have as many excuses as some of the politicians that run the country.

3.70 star(s) 639 Votes