polycentric

Donor
Mar 26, 2019
The year is 2029.

Braindrop has had every one of his organs replaced following complicated emergency surgery. He has just recovered from his weekly period of severe flu. Mackenzie has been missing for 8 months after getting lost on her way to the shops without her laptop and any method of logging into Patreon.

MindDrop#136 has just been released promising 6000 renders within the next week. Immediately after posting, Braindrop's graphics card bursts into flames, a swat team assaults in through his front door with an arrest warrant having mistaken him for a drug lord, while simulataneously a flock of magpies has flown in through an open window and stolen all his harddrives.

Braindrop looks at the carnage around him.

"They're never going to believe this... I just need one more week. One more week..."
It's funny because it's true...

Also, it's oddly comforting to return to a thread after a year and find that nothing has changed, kinda like hooking up with your crazy ex - you know you're getting lied to but you but you want to see how creative the lies can get.

Carry on everyone, see you in 2024.

StantheMan69

Aug 10, 2017
I don't expect a release anytime soon. The only really reason to be here is to wait for his next series of excuses. Also fun to see how long people are going to keep throwing money at him. At this point I would be surprised to find out that some of BD patreon are just throwing money at him. To do nothing so to keep people upset.

At some point before he finish the game. I fully expect to hear one of his excuses be. "I am working to upload my a copy of my brain to my computer, so it can work 24/7 on this game... but the techknowledgy isn't ready quite yet. Update coming soon..." Even if that was possible I bet we would get excuses and delays.

I'm waiting for some bored developer to just make a "fan fiction" version of this game to get everyone to shut up. And then they will actually finish it before the next release on the official one comes out. And it will include all the things that the original version didn't including incest.
A fan fiction parody would be awesome. Imagine the Cult of Bailey marching, without a Duckface to be seen.

... Maybe that isn't such a bad idea.
Right someone just take his work and slap FAN version on it and finish it for him.

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2017
I think this latest excuse really got people upset ...
Not upset enough.
1675279486253.png

Besides losing like ~3% of his Patrons per month (this shows them going down from 3300 to 3000 since the beginning of November), this doesn't look like people are leaving in great numbers. And every excuse is met with a surge of new patrons for some reason.

derpmcderp

May 30, 2020
Not upset enough.
View attachment 2357595

Besides losing like ~3% of his Patrons per month (this shows them going down from 3300 to 3000 since the beginning of November), this doesn't look like people are leaving in great numbers. And every excuse is met with a surge of new patrons for some reason.
IMO, he is benefiting from the work he's already done giving the illusion of forward momentum. If you are someone who never saw this game before, or are checking it out for the very first time, you're going on a superpowered honeymoon phase of what we all went through enjoying this game in its time. And with as much content as is there up to this point, in comparison to new games that have like an hour of content or less, it seems like even if he's not going super fast, "it's probably fine, right?" As long as new people continually discover the game, he doesn't really have a problem he actually has to address, because he'll just continually get the benefit of the doubt from the new people coming in. It took me a year to get fed up with him - and I expect new people will be similar.

That being said, on a long enough timeline, I think he's going to start having real problems. Negative sentiment takes time to build like positive momentum does, but once you have enough of it, he's going to have a ton of problems and they're going to pick up in speed as they go. If he pisses off enough people, they will start doing things like mass chargebacks and reporting and he's gonna have a much, much worse time. One motivated asshole is harder to deal with than 1000 fans, especially if it's now more like 100 fans because 900 of them gave up. But I honestly don't think we'll see that for months. He'll probably keep cruising like this for I'm guessing most of this year at the least.

We'll all know when it turns, though. If he ever actually starts to lose what he has in a significant way, the manipulation will get next level as desperation increases, AND it will have massively diminishing returns because he's been coasting on excuses for years now. And I think these two things will feed into each other in a major way. Given what he has lied about up to this point, I assume no lies are off the table - it will be his wife dying, or his child being incurably sick, or something that has to stand out enough from the previous lies he's told to shock people into not quitting on him.

Hopefully none of this happens and he just un-heads his ass, but if I thought that was gonna happen, I'd still be a patron.

jonnyd901

Aug 24, 2020
Not upset enough.
View attachment 2357595

It's taken a big hit this time it was around the 3k mark now its down to 2.7k maybe he'll realise but i doubt it

JustPeekin

Mar 21, 2020
Wonder what this excuse will be.

Hello everyone. Mackenzie here, the goal of this post is to inform you guys on what's been going on this past week.

Reactions: PacoTaco

OEJ

'Dirth ma, harellan. Ma banal enasalin. Mar solas'
Donor
Dec 9, 2017
1675332731256.png
Hello everyone.

Mackenzie here, the goal of this post is to inform you guys on what's been going on this past week as well as give some more information about the update.

First thing I'd like to share is that shortly after finishing the first floor, Braindrop completely remade the exterior of the home. This was already being worked on during the last post and only took around an additional day after the post to complete.
The upstairs is blacked out as it will also be remodeled but only the first floor and exterior are necessary for this update so work on them has been put on hold.
(The basement will also be remodeled)

The scene that had to be remade to include the new home was rather large and Braindrop has been spending all of his time loading the scenes and reposing them to fit the new space as quickly as he can. He's gone as far as to set alarms for every 90 minutes when he sleeps to get it accomplished as quickly as possible.
The main bottleneck is load times as each scene can take upwards of 30 minutes to load.

Braindrop has informed me that he's around 75-80% complete as of today and he envisions finishing the rest in the coming days and we'll be uploading as soon as that is complete.

One thing we'd also like to include that was meant to be a bit of a surprise is the length of the update.

We've noticed that everyone seems to have a different idea of exactly how many renders this update is meant to be. We've seen everything from 200 to 1500.
We both thought we had publically shared that it would be over 1000 but,

This update will be slightly north of 2000 renders.
There will be a bit before the exhibition game, the game, and then a bit after.
(We intended this to be a moment that we undersold and overdelivered but then everything happened and we're having to crawl it back)
Nonetheless, this is a large update and it will be out very soon.

If you're curious about what the rest of February will look like.
We will have a post shortly after the update explaining our plan in detail but the idea for February is for Braindrop to finish modeling the house, to properly decorate the patreon, for us to catch up on the side content, and for us to release updated character sheets.

Updates will start back up at the beginning of March and we're going to hit it hard.

That's all of the information I have to share currently.
Thank you guys.

Additionally, here are some of the adjustments Braindrop made to the interior after the post.

FreshRevenge

Oct 17, 2019
View attachment 2359215
Hello everyone.

Mackenzie here, the goal of this post is to inform you guys on what's been going on this past week as well as give some more information about the update.

First thing I'd like to share is that shortly after finishing the first floor, Braindrop completely remade the exterior of the home. This was already being worked on during the last post and only took around an additional day after the post to complete.
The upstairs is blacked out as it will also be remodeled but only the first floor and exterior are necessary for this update so work on them has been put on hold.

The scene that had to be remade to include the new home was rather large and Braindrop has been spending all of his time loading the scenes and reposing them to fit the new space as quickly as he can. He's gone as far as to set alarms for every 90 minutes when he sleeps to get it accomplished as quickly as possible.
The main bottleneck is load times as each scene can take upwards of 30 minutes to load.

Braindrop has informed me that he's around 75-80% complete as of today and he envisions finishing the rest in the coming days and we'll be uploading as soon as that is complete.

One thing we'd also like to include that was meant to be a bit of a surprise is the length of the update.

We've noticed that everyone seems to have a different idea of exactly how many renders this update is meant to be. We've seen everything from 200 to 1500.

(We intended this to be a moment that we undersold and overdelivered but then everything happened and we're having to crawl it back)

We will have a post shortly after the update explaining our plan in detail but the idea for February is for Braindrop to finish modeling the house, to properly decorate the patreon, for us to catch up on the side content, and for us to release updated character sheets.

Updates will start back up at the beginning of March and we're going to hit it hard.

Thank you guys.

Additionally, here are some of the adjustments Braindrop made to the interior after the post.

So, it basically reads, nothing is going to release in February. But in March they are going to hit the releases hard. LOL

WaerM

Dec 3, 2017
View attachment 2359215
Hello everyone.

Thank you guys.

Thank you so much for sharing this with us OEJ

3.70 star(s) 640 Votes