OmegaLord

Jul 30, 2022
I'm wondering if anyone could help clear up my misunderstanding...
BD has/is delayed/ing the game for the remake renders of the house, yet is releasing 2K worth of renders at the schools basketball game?
Unless he is releasing the remake which I thought was suppose to be after whatever messed up day it currently is why should the house renders affect the update?

I'm not sure if I've got lost in the BS or BD has.
Also some food for thought when he says 2K renders are they New new renders or re-rendered counted?

preglovr12

Salt is a Way of Life
May 1, 2018
(We intended this to be a moment that we undersold and overdelivered but then everything happened and we're having to crawl it back)
This train of thought is horrifying when you get right down to it, and extremely damning. The fact that "they" then failed at it might be one of the funniest things I've ever seen. BD isn't a giant tech corporation whose technology actually performs way better than they thought it would, leading to a genuine underselling and overdelivering. Being one guy making a game, you have full knowledge of what you're rendering, writing and coding, thus any "underselling" is just bullshit.

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
...The moral of the story, there is so many times you can fool someone of a release date that people are not going to care anymore.
If only this would happen. This thread went from fun things like best li tournaments to toxic posts from trolls making personal attacks (with mod's blessings since they restored most of them). If only you all would get to the point of not caring and this thread could be about the vn again.

preglovr12

Salt is a Way of Life
May 1, 2018
If only this would happen. This thread went from fun things like best li tournaments to toxic posts from trolls making personal attacks (with mod's blessings since they restored most of them). If only you all would get to the point of not caring and this thread could be about the vn again.
I haven't seen anything that I'd consider a personal attack, maybe some "call outs" that are a bit harsh but since the excuses keep coming and the updates don't, I have a hard time removing them when the evidence is clearly on their side. As far as this thread "being about the VN again," this is what happens when no new content comes out, people talk about the lack of content.

FreshRevenge

Oct 17, 2019
Criticizing a person and a developer are too separate things. Apparently, some people don't know how to separate the two.

Criticizing BD for his continuous excuses or promises is what most people are criticizing.
I explain in the off topic forum but let me explain here.

If you were a boss and had employees and one of your employees was coming in late, missing deadlines, or not showing up. The boss will take this into consideration. The boss will have a few choices. The boss fires the employee or reprimand the employee for their poor performance or suspend the employee until they get their act together.

If Braindrop did release an actual update instead of delaying it into oblivion people would talk about the game. But nope what do you want to talk about. Most of the content that could be talked about has been out for months and years so yeah.

Also if people just keep reporting because they see a post they don't like because people are saying pretty much the truth than why is this thread still open if only people that agree with one side of the argument are allowed to post?

datguy0115

Feb 21, 2021
I dont know if I understand this post correctly, especially the part with the upcoming 2k render release..

Lets do some quick math here:
If he re-rendered 75-80% in 7 days (its been 7 days since they announced the newest delay), it shouldnt take him longer than another 1,75-2,33 days to finish the rest of it.

Does that mean, that it could be out on Saturday/Sunday, or are they pushing it back to the beginning of March where they gonna "hit it hard"?

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
Criticizing a person and a developer are too separate things. Apparently, some people don't know how to separate the two.

Criticizing BD for his continuous excuses or promises is what most people are criticizing.
I explain in the off topic forum but let me explain here.

If you were a boss and had employees and one of your employees was coming in late, missing deadlines, or not showing up. The boss will take this into consideration. The boss will have a few choices. The boss fires the employee or reprimand the employee for their poor performance or suspend the employee until they get their act together.

If Braindrop did release an actual update instead of delaying it into oblivion people would talk about the game. But nope what do you want to talk about. Most of the content that could be talked about has been out for months and years so yeah.

Also if people just keep reporting because they see a post they don't like because people are saying pretty much the truth than why is this thread still open if only people that agree with one side of the argument are allowed to post?
It's not a job. People can choose to donate or not. Comparing it to a 9 to 5 is laughable. The rules of employment do not apply.

OEJ

'Dirth ma, harellan. Ma banal enasalin. Mar solas'
Donor
Dec 9, 2017
ok that enough., you can talk about the dev and the game and regarding the updates (or lack there of) but lets not go into complete off-topic about jobs and how its done in the real world. please bring this back to on topic

FreshRevenge

Oct 17, 2019
It's not a job. People can choose to donate or not. Comparing it to a 9 to 5 is laughable. The rules of employment do not apply.
Obviously, you failed to connect the dots. BD is a developer. People criticizing his developmental skills is what is under scrutiny. I don't know BD in real life and would never attack him. Yet I can evaluate his developmental skills or lack of. When a developer makes promises again and again and fails to deliver on such promises. What do you expect people not to say?

You want to hear people praising BD for his lack of updates or his long stretch of excuses? Good job BD for promising to deliver 2000 renders that never happen. You are the best developer out there for delaying the update over and over again. No one like you BD keep doing what you are doing. Is that what you want people to talk about?

PhazeUFO

Sep 28, 2021
Have you been to a persons pool and they had pool lounge chairs that close to the pool.
Yes, I have seen pools like that. I assume they expected people to get out of the chair from the sides.
To be fair to them, it is almost impossible for the thread to be about the game itself when it hasn't had much new added to it in many months. It's not like it's a franchise like Star Trek that has years of content to discuss, once you play the game for an hour or so, you already said all there was to say, so you only can talk about the dev and his failure to deliver. The only alternative is to just lock the thread until the game is updated, which would then cause others to be unaware of what it going on with the dev.

mitymity

Apr 29, 2021
I think the key detail here is that alarms every 90 minutes thing, which means no deep sleep, weak immune system and well you know how it goes from there, it's not out first rodeo :lepew:

Let's see if the 2000+ render update drops in the next (26) days :unsure:

Krynh

Engaged Member
Jan 20, 2020
Typical braindrop excuses really. He says the update was almost done and then he went to upgrade the mansion instead. What that says to me is that he didn't actually have anything so he needed something to tell people about and went with upgrading the mansion.

3.70 star(s) 639 Votes