OEJ

'Dirth ma, harellan. Ma banal enasalin. Mar solas'
Donor
Dec 9, 2017
Before I got banned almost all of them were positive with the same tired, "we support your shit". I called him out on the BS and he banned me.
thats fucked up

BaasB

Post Pro
Uploader
Donor
Respected User
Aug 5, 2018
Before I got banned almost all of them were positive with the same tired, "we support your shit". I called him out on the BS and he banned me.
Sorry man, at least your are free now, he did the same thing to me, i was patreon nr3

Oct 19, 2020
Lots of Pollyanna s are here. Still waiting update for tomorrow after fuck ton of sob stories. Pal it's not gonna happen don't wait it.

derpmcderp

May 30, 2020
It may seem ambitious to go from no releases to puking them out but in a weird way it's actually much easier to handle small consistent releases instead of these giant bitches.
If I wanted to "milk" then I would just put out anything and not care about the quality.
I said I wouldn't read it but I almost can't help myself. I finally understand the definition of schadenfreude. It's almost an art form how gutless he is. What a marvelous moral failure.

Reactions: jjmayne

taylorg88

May 22, 2021
I said I wouldn't read it but I almost can't help myself. I finally understand the definition of schadenfreude. It's almost an art form how gutless he is. What a marvelous moral failure.
One of my favorite things is him saying that he isn't built for the internet personality and just wants to make the game and no one knows about him or his life ... after posting an entire chapter about his life.

derpmcderp

May 30, 2020
One of my favorite things is him saying that he isn't built for the internet personality and just wants to make the game and no one knows about him or his life ... after posting an entire chapter about his life.
He also said he genuinely appreciates the haters that he lost that he's currently banning from the very same post. It's fascinating, it's nine hundred excuses followed by endless fake accountability sentence vomit. He's like a one man HR department with dementia.

Fragmandk

Game Developer
Jul 3, 2017
He also said he genuinely appreciates the haters that he lost that he's currently banning from the very same post. It's fascinating, it's nine hundred excuses followed by endless fake accountability sentence vomit. He's like a one man HR department with dementia.
Its like he said "If I wanted to "milk" then I would just put out anything and not care about the quality. " no that is not how milking work then they game would have progressed and it has not. All this remodeling feels like a cover for not having worked on the game for a long time.

derpmcderp

May 30, 2020
It's hard to pick a favorite part, because there's so much, but right now I think it might be the part where he implies that the problems he's suffering and the delays are our fault because we made him too successful too quickly. I completely agree, I regret contributing to your success as well and would take it back if I could. I'll gladly take back any of the money that's caused you this pain.

OEJ

'Dirth ma, harellan. Ma banal enasalin. Mar solas'
Donor
Dec 9, 2017
Its like he said "If I wanted to "milk" then I would just put out anything and not care about the quality. " no that is not how milking work then they game would have progressed and it has not. All this remodeling feels like a cover for not having worked on the game for a long time.
and thee "remodelling" is a pile of garbage. did you see them renders, you can make them in a day.

and for a seasoned dev like him who used to release many renders back in the day, it should be more than a day

BeingADikDik

Apr 17, 2021
If I were a game developer, I would manage expectations by delaying releases by one full update. For example, say v0.3 is the most recent publicly released version. Then, I'd be working on v0.5 with v0.4 already 100% complete. I only release v0.4 once I complete v0.5, etc. to stay ahead. In this way, you never have to scramble to push out an update to meet a release date - you can release almost at your leisure without pressure.

Virtually all engineered products with annual updates have a similar pipeline. This approach allows extended internal testing periods so that no BETA versions ever need to be made public.

The 'cost' is the upfront dev. time spent without compensation, since v0.2 needs to be complete before v0.1 is made public. However, for Patreon-supported games, this seems not to be a big deal as audiences and income are typically smaller at initial release.

Obviously too much to hope for, as this approach requires discipline and consistent productivity to work, which seems not to be on brand for Braindrop.

Adios amigos.

3.70 star(s) 639 Votes