StantheMan69

Aug 10, 2017
Naaaaa, there is def not enough Drama in the Message. This sounds much too lame for someone as BD. :ROFLMAO:
You are right probably need to add something in there about a severe storm hit the place where he lives hard and a large branch fell on his house causing a big hole in the side of it. A hole in which his dog got out and got ran over and now his going through emotional trauma. Because of this he forgot to feed the goldfish his mother bought him before she died. Thus his goldfish died and now life lost all meaning.

Last edited:

Grimstar

May 15, 2020
Don't know if any of you remember the last update, but to me it felt like BD was self inserting himself into the MC a little to hard. I mean since when did the MC suddenly start to have crippling anxiety that stops him from having sexy time? Litterally came out of nowhere. No build up or explanation to explain it. Just poof and its there. And worse yet, it happened with Penny (a character who already has little screen time).

If BD was smart he would have used the opportunity to showcase how the MC's presence has affected Penny to the point that she is willing to push herself out of her comfort zone and change herself just to please him (exhibition). We could then have this lead to the MC making a moral choice of love/corruption (either way he would have had sexy time with Penny) where the corruption route utimately leads to the cult that we can already see forming in the end.

As for this basketball game, (With the MC not playing it should be like 24-40 renders top) I have no idea what's going through BDs head. The whole thing should honestly be less than five minutes. But for that to happen BD would have to be competent which I can't even make a joke about at this point.

All in all, BD is just like Gohan, nothing more than wasted potential. Even if he makes a comeback in the future, its far to late.

YepperCause

Dec 23, 2017
Until this update, I really thought that BD was not a scammer but was just burned out on the project and unwilling to admit, even to himself, he wanted to keep cashing checks for it but didn't want to deal with it anymore. I've had similar experiences, where I ended up stuck with projects I didn't care about and I found excuses to avoid working on them rather than admitting that I didn't care about them.

My basic theory was that BD got bored with the project, then did the DITLO: Harper release. He got absolutely blasted on here about it because of the bizarre censorship and how pointless it seemed compared to most updates to the main game. We know he's a contrarian (hence the doubling down on "bru-bru" and duckface) so he didn't want to admit that he'd made a mistake and just got upset that he was no longer being praised everywhere. That made him upset and robbed him of his drive to make the game, but he still wanted the cash, so he convinced himself it was just a temporary setback.

But I now just think he's knowingly lying to his audience because he realizes he can post a few times a month to Patreon and Discord and keep taking home ~$100k a year for years with no added effort. If he actually craps out a 400 render update every 6 months he can probably keep making that literally forever. There's just no way Mackenzie is a real person. If she were a real person, she wouldn't be making the exact, precise same mistakes in terms of strategy (committing to release dates then committing to not committing to release dates over and over again) that BD was making. She would actually have taken the control she claimed she had on day one and be able to make posts and even put out updates on time. She would have required that BD give her a working beta of the update before a release date was stated. Etc. As someone brought in on the theory that BD can't deal with communication around his game and needs to restore trust with the audience, there's no way she would have facilitated the exact same mistakes she said, on day one, she was there to correct in the future. She's absolutely fictional which means that BD is knowingly lying about everything to keep the gravy train rolling.

I know that's something many people here were convinced of when she was introduced (pretty weird there's a Mackenzie, same profile pic, in the game, for example). But it just seemed like such an incredible thing to lie about that I gave BD the benefit of the doubt. More fool me, I guess. If I'm right, then he probably will keep releasing mid-sized updates around twice a year to make sure the fans always have some illusion of progress and the game never gets flagged as abandoned.

Plaguerave

Sep 15, 2020
It happens, yes. However, in their scenario it was over the course of weeks, not just a day or two.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Have you ever went into maintenance mode on cable? or gigabit boxes?

There is a frequency modulator I am on gigabit through my cable company when in maintenance mode there are several frequencies listed that are being sent through the coaxial line.

I could go into this all day I installed internet for a living once upon a time in cali and I am a federally licensed radio operator it IS all frequency even the laser that provides fiber transmits AT a frequency why do you think the FCC is involved so heavily in the US and respective agencies in other countries.

That is completely off topic thgough.

I've seen Brain do this crap for a little over 2 years now either some of it be legit or not I am not to judge my bank dubbs patreon as a "fraud" site and they wont let me support certain people that I supported in the past so I have no real stool to stand on and bitch because I am not paying for the story.

Do I enjoy this story YES very much so I have been addicted to it more then a couple of others that I first found.
Do I want to see it progress and become what it has the potential to be?
Hell yes I do I would love to see this shoot past where it is and develop more.
Will I hold my breath while waiting?
Fuck No!

I haven't even downloaded the latest last time I played was before the harper update.
Why? Because I know I will blow through it in a few hours and be wanting more and I wont see it for 6 months to 2 more years.

Is it frustrating to see something I like go like this?
Yes very much so I did defend Brain in the past when it was a legitimate defense how ever that was then this is 2 1/2 years later practically and from everything I dip through and read I don't see a lot of space to even attempt to defend him.

Either way I'll check back in a few months and see where things stand I have much more taxing and important things in life to deal with between the non-profit I volunteer for and actual legitimate health issues.

Also I am not trying to be a dick so take things as you will.

Take care!

Reactions: CircaAD and OEJ

StantheMan69

Aug 10, 2017
Hmm. Not enough drama in that death. It would probably look more like this if Braindrop told what happened to his fish. Also, nothing is ever Braindrops fault so he would never forget to feed it.

View attachment 2418830
Yeah your right BD is flawless, so it must of been Mackenzie that forgot to feed his goldfish lol. Now his is looking for someone to replace her.

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
You are right probably need to add something in there about a sever storm hit the place where he lives hard and a large branch fell on his house causing a big hole in the side of it. A hole in which his dog got out and got ran over and now his going through emotional trauma. Because of this he forgot to feed the goldfish his mother bought him before she died. Thus his goldfish died and now life lost all meaning.
Maybe add playing SandStorm and SnowStorm.

kcaldw

Feb 19, 2021
Odds we get a repeat of last year of 600 renders and a new ditlo? Because it's already starting out that way.
You're setting the bar a little high with the 600 renders there. The ditlo probably but 600 renders is going to be more like 200. Just saying. And that's if he actually releases an update at this point.

StantheMan69

Aug 10, 2017
Odds we get a repeat of last year of 600 renders and a new ditlo? Because it's already starting out that way.
It will probably be one of those time when BD post that he was going to release 1500 render but he going to break it up into part of 150 render at a time. to give him time to make the changes and tweaks he wants to make. When in reality he only has 150 renders to give us, so he can bide for time to make another 150

Sorrowz

May 27, 2017
BD has handed the release responsibility to Mackenzie, who will pass it over to the newly hired Release Manager Antonio, who will take this opportunity to teach the intern Jose how to handle a release, so it's coming real soon, guys!

And don't you dare think they're all the same person, because they're not, okay?!?
Thank god Antonio and Jose are on the case now. I heard they got hired for Waifu Academy and Milfy City in the past and a release happened shortly after. Their work is incredible.

BeingADikDik

Apr 17, 2021
This game is on the same level as all those NFT scam project that lead into nothingness.
OMG, what an idea! WVM NFTs!

All these devs releasing wallpapers have missed a golden opportunity to create and sell NFTs from their game. Can you imagine what the simps would pay for their waifu NFTs?!

I am going to quit my day job on Monday and invest in the future of VN development. Fuck Patreon!

OEJ

'Dirth ma, harellan. Ma banal enasalin. Mar solas'
Donor
Dec 9, 2017
This game is on the same level as all those NFT scam project that lead into nothingness.
OMG, what an idea! WVM NFTs!

All these devs releasing wallpapers have missed a golden opportunity to create and sell NFTs from their game. Can you imagine what the simps would pay for their waifu NFTs?!

I am going to quit my day job on Monday and invest in the future of VN development. Fuck Patreon!
The huggers/bouncers in the discord would be soooo happy, and also the ppl enabling him on discord by defending milking by the same "mental health" excuse.

On second thought, maybe they had an auction regarding that in thier private channels :unsure::unsure::unsure:

Also., i personally dont give a shit if ppl wanna throw thier money at this. Infact its better that ppl dumb enough to support this should lose thier money. My problem with them is that their enabling is making him more lazy and withholding/not working on the game that has been paid to by former supporters and ppl who actual like this game.

Surprise surprise, throwing money at them doesnt mean you actually like the game. It something you are doing to make yourselves feel better by thinking how you "helped" him through him "mental illnesses" :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

karumi56

Oct 7, 2019
Also., i personally dont give a shit if ppl wanna throw thier money at this. Infact its better that ppl dumb enough to support this should lose thier money. My problem with them is that their enabling is making him more lazy and withholding/not working on the game that has been paid to by former supporters and ppl who actual like this game.
This is my issue in every instance of this type of behavior by a dev. There is always someone who proclaims "It's not your business if people want to keep giving money to the dev..." And the reality is just what you said. Their "enablement" of poor Dev behavior/accountability affects the rest of the game's audience/supporters.

OEJ

'Dirth ma, harellan. Ma banal enasalin. Mar solas'
Donor
Dec 9, 2017
Screenshot_20230226_121302_Discord.jpg Screenshot_20230226_121330_Discord.jpg Screenshot_20230226_121424_Discord.jpg

I not even gonna acknowledge the meatriders but lets talk to dear Mackenzie.

For someone who claims who doesn't know about various technicalities or rendering work and is only here to talk to the community (ehich you have done for over a year, while feigning ignorance) you suddenly know a lot about avg renders and how scenes work as if you are the one developing, is it maybe coz you broke character and posted this and tried to cover up :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: we have already established that it's you, so no point in going over it. Now lets get back to renders, so according to you this updat that you are withholding should be around 3000 renders??:ROFLMAO:

Last year you released some 1000 renders soooo.

Well anywho, its interesting that you dont talk about the current update and only discussing the think he will do from April :unsure:

Is this update gonna turn into that 2000+ renders that were promised last year and mysteriously disappeared:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

karumi56

Oct 7, 2019
It is pointless discussion here now, this kind of dev's game should not have presence in this site. How do you request to close this thread if enough people wants it?
Where should the game be discussed? On Patreon? On BD's discord? Anyone who says anything remotely unfavorable gets banned there. This is one place where people new to the game and thinking about supporting it can at least get some honest opinions on the game and its troubled development (to put it mildly).

As seen in some of the posts in this thread, a lot of new supporters are unaware of the development trouble the game is plagued with and were throwing money at it until they read things here. With Braindrop deleting older Patreon posts that mention the delays and excuses, this thread is probably the only actual record of all the shenanigans.

If the thread disturbs you that much, consider just unwatching it or use the "ignore thread" option.

3.70 star(s) 634 Votes