derpmcderp

May 30, 2020
Man it's crazy that Mackenzie (like BD) is usually really wordy, but when forced to FINALLY answer about this actual current update.. it's just a short, one word answer lol.

Then they also said "they do plan on keeping a small reserve of renders just in case of any issues."... I don't even want to put too much thought into that statement lmao.
You'd think a PR person who isn't a sock puppet for the creator would come to the conclusion that the biggest issue right now is the lack of released renders, not the ones "held in reserve."

aaachris

Oct 26, 2019
Did you read any of the last 300 posts?
hard to read without appropriate tags on the thread, a good abandoned, milking scam tag might help, closed thread is even better
pirates need ethics as well, giving this type of dev a platform to keep the pretense game is still being developed like other games which are not abandoned is even a bigger scam.

polycentric

Donor
Mar 26, 2019
hard to read without appropriate tags on the thread, a good abandoned, milking scam tag might help, closed thread is even better
pirates need ethics as well, giving this type of dev a platform to keep the pretense game is still being developed like other games which are not abandoned is even a bigger scam.
No, all you have to do is scroll back for about 60-90 seconds. There's a ton of information about the current status that someone can find by skimming for literally just one minute.

Last edited:
May 15, 2022
Betting that if MacKenzie/Braindrop does actually release the update (magic 8-ball says don't count on it) it won't be until March. That way he/she can get that months income. Who actually believes that he paused payments?

derpmcderp

May 30, 2020
Your logic is perfectly backwards, removing the thread removes the one place where people who have been ripped off can express it. If you're having trouble reading this thread without the help of tags, I dunno what to tell you. When I first came to this thread, I didn't start at page 1. I came to the newest page to see if I was the only one who was upset. Pleasantly, I was not.

FreshRevenge

Oct 17, 2019
Anyone else notice that Braindrop is such a drama queen?

His last post says,"This is my last post of the year". It's only February and he isn't going to post in 10 months? Like I haven't heard that before. I mean he acts like a child sometimes. Didn't he say he was a kid. I mean wasn't he like 24 when he started this thing? Oh I get it, 2+4 is 6 years old not 24. It explains everything.

He writes a book that simply is the last few hundred excuses garbled in one big excuse to why he can't release anything. It does amaze me how a kid can get married and have a kid and still pretend to act a Mackenzie, oh I mean an adult.

Jun 21, 2019
It's sad that such an entertaining game has that kind of developer. I guess I should read the comments before downloading it gives a lot of Monster Girl Island vibes..

Reactions: VOYEUR

OEJ

'Dirth ma, harellan. Ma banal enasalin. Mar solas'
Donor
Dec 9, 2017
Anyone else notice that Braindrop is such a drama queen?

His last post says,"This is my last post of the year". It's only February and he isn't going to post in 10 months? Like I haven't heard that before. I mean he acts like a child sometimes. Didn't he say he was a kid. I mean wasn't he like 24 when he started this thing? Oh I get it, 2+4 is 6 years old not 24. It explains everything.

He writes a book that simply is the last few hundred excuses garbled in one big excuse to why he can't release anything. It does amaze me how a kid can get married and have a kid and still pretend to act a Mackenzie, oh I mean an adult.
he said the same thing when hiring "mackenzie" that only she (aka BD) would be posting on patreon. and after 2 moths he started posting as himself :whistle:

karumi56

Oct 7, 2019
Betting that if MacKenzie/Braindrop does actually release the update (magic 8-ball says don't count on it) it won't be until March. That way he/she can get that months income. Who actually believes that he paused payments?
I think the "mental breathing room" release delay makes the most sense as a way to stretch the patrons along for another month (or more). I can't think of any other explanation for a supposed PR person to delay a much delayed release that is causing more drama the longer it is delayed.

Can anyone think of a valid reason for "Mackenzie" to not release the update if it is actually complete and ready?

Trojaner

Donor
Apr 4, 2018
Can anyone think of a valid reason for "Mackenzie" to not release the update if it is actually complete and ready?
1: There is no Update
2: Fakekenzie (aka BD) need to redo all because all is fucked up

Choose ya Gift ... Aslong nothing is released no Trust for them.

artofwar

Mar 17, 2020
They are compassionate, sympathetic and too close to BD and don't want to hurt them by immediately turning around and releasing something when they aren't ready for it. They would also need to lack any and all integrity as to the reason they were hired in the first place.

If they're a real person (and I tend to believe they are, I honestly don't believe that BD can write someone that well, or write that well in the first place) then those two things must be bashing around their skull giving them a nice dose of cognitive dissonance.

edit: They would need to be gullible, too. They would have to have bought into BD's woe is me bullshit completely.

May 15, 2022
Contrary to what some in this thread believe. Losing patrons is not a motivating thing... at least not for me.
I know a lot want to believe I'm some evil guy trying to dupe all my supporters but the truth is that I'm not motivated by money. I paused a shit ton in the past and the only reason why I'm slower to do so now is because I have a wife and kid that I have to provide for and yes I am paid too much but I'm also spending a shit ton of time away from them to work on this and I don't control how much I make.
I try to be as transparent as possible and the truth is that this won't last forever. I have to get what what I can while I can.
But even so I've never marketed this game, never made deals with other devs to advertise me besides those that just asked if they could. I didn't put my game on steam mainly because it's being redone and I don't want to cash grab shit that's being changed. I've never asked for monetary support and I try to make it clear to all my patrons that they can leave at any time. They don't owe me anything.
Ffs I'm "active" on a pirate forum, that's pretty counter intuitive to the whole trying to dupe people part.
But anyway, people sticking around with me even after everything is the most motivating thing ever. It's cheesy as fuck but knowing others believe in me really helps get me through this.

It's up to me to hold up my side of things now.
First he says that he is not motivated by money. Then in the next paragraph its "this won't last forever I have to get what I can while I can". Well, at least he was being honest there. He is basically telling you that he is gonna suck as much money out of people as he can while it lasts since its not forever.

Since the mod that is simping for Braindrop isn't online this post will actually stay.

Fun Shaundi

Jun 24, 2021
First he says that he is not motivated by money. Then in the next paragraph its "this won't last forever I have to get what I can while I can". Well, at least he was being honest there. He is basically telling you that he is gonna suck as much money out of people as he can while it lasts since its not forever.

Since the mod that is simping for Braindrop isn't online this post will actually stay.
Where did he say that? And it irritates me how he still tries to convince people, like the scammers in 'Social Catfish' (watch it on youtube, shows you how gullible people fall for the most ridiculous lies and scams).
If he was working as hard as he claims he does, there would be evidence of that in the form of updates. Hell, OceanLab is making AND REWORKING 2 GAMES at the same time that have way better quality in renders and animations in comparison to BD's (hence more work and more time spent working) and he has never missed an update, and.if he has a delay he lets people know without ridiculous sob stories.
Hope newcomers are reading the posts.
DON'T GIVE MONEY TO THIS BLATANT SCAMMER.

FreshRevenge

Oct 17, 2019

Interesting he says he never asked for monetary compensation but opens up a Patreon account to gain monetary compensation. If he didn't really need money, he would have made the game without setting up pledges and all that.

Patreon is a business. It's not charity. People can hide behind the donation excuse but if you set up a Patreon account you're doing it to make money, just like every person on the planet that gets a job.

Also, I love how he said he never cared about money but is married and has a kid. Let me tell you something. If you are husband and father, you never say you don't care about money. You need to live in a fantasy world to believe that money doesn't matter. Ever father works to provide for his family. Well today some men don't.

I love when he said in nonchalant way. I don't really care about money but I kind of need it to buy my kid diapers and pay for the house I am living in. So yeah, I have to charge you for the month even though I haven't release anything for months. I have been working really hard behind the scenes, so I think that justifies turning on the switch for the month.

karumi56

Oct 7, 2019
If he was working as hard as he claims he does, there would be evidence of that in the form of updates. Hell, OceanLab is making AND REWORKING 2 GAMES at the same time that have way better quality in renders and animations in comparison to BD's (hence more work and more time spent working) and he has never missed an update, and.if he has a delay he lets people know without ridiculous sob stories.
Hope newcomers are reading the posts.
DON'T GIVE MONEY TO THIS BLATANT SCAMMER.
Oceanlab is an amazing dev, and I love their work. When people comment that they think WMV's art looks good, it's hard not to chuckle. There are some developers that are making amazing games that are years ahead of WMV's art quality (and way more interesting story, etc.). The best outcome I can see from this recycled WMV drama is maybe people will check out some of the other titles on this site. There are a number that are excellent and have outstanding devs that are worthy of support.

Last edited:
3.70 star(s) 642 Votes