Wen I Say

Mar 17, 2019
Were you separated from your sibling for years?
uh, that makes it worse honestly you haven't seen this person for years you're significantly older now and this is what you're doing? I understand you saying it every now and again to maybe really drive something home like someone saying their sibling's full government name or some shit but all the time? i-am-legend-will-smith.gif

Fun Shaundi

Jun 24, 2021
So umm can someone give me an honest answer besides ''cringy'' as to why some of you hate BruBru because honestly I find it to be super adorable...
I'll bite: It was kinda confusing how, after finding out they're related, her whole persona changed, and then she calls him that ALL THE TIME. That's where the annoying part comes.
My big bro calls me, his baby sister, with nicknames he used to call me when we were kids. But he does it occasionally and not all the time cause it would be incredibly annoying. Also, he doesn't suddenly change his persona to sound like his 5 year old self. The problem with her is not only calling him brubru cosntantly, but how even her expression changes and how she suddenly starts behaving like a 5 year old.
The drastic change in her personality was too much. This was a character that BD created that I really enjoyed, and I think she would have stayed more interesting if despite using the nickname, she still had part of her old personality back. It would have been adorable like you said if all I read when she talks is brubru! brubru! brrrrruuubruuuuu!!!! more often than any already insane person can handle.

goulet1995

Sep 30, 2021
I'll bite: It was kinda confusing how, after finding out they're related, her whole persona changed, and then she calls him that ALL THE TIME. That's where the annoying part comes.
My big bro calls me, his baby sister, with nicknames he used to call me when we were kids. But he does it occasionally and not all the time cause it would be incredibly annoying. Also, he doesn't suddenly change his persona to sound like his 5 year old self. The problem with her is not only calling him brubru cosntantly, but how even her expression changes and how she suddenly starts behaving like a 5 year old.
The drastic change in her personality was too much. This was a character that BD created that I really enjoyed, and I think she would have stayed more interesting if despite using the nickname, she still had part of her old personality back. It would have been adorable like you said if all I read when she talks is brubru! brubru! brrrrruuubruuuuu!!!! more often than any already insane person can handle.
im on the opposite end i disliked how she acted before and liked that finding her long lost brother brought a softer side out of her but i do think it could be dialed back because like you said the nicknames all the time is just a bit too much

TaintedLuck

Dec 7, 2017
Being an ex-supported of braindrain, it saddens me to see how low this VN has sunk. what began as an exciting piece of work oh his part, quickly escalated into what everybody identifies as a shitshow..

Hope the dev gets his head sorted out, and can release the quality of content we enjoyed early on...
As bad as things are its nowhere near as bad as sylphia island and glacerose. Can you believe its been remade 3 times and the newest one hasnt been updated in over 2 years.

Least BD has the decency to not take money from his patreons. Having been here from nearly the start it is sad to see such potential go to waste, still not the first project that ive seen thats failing for being too ambitious.

• Haha
Reactions: OEJ
Sep 16, 2021
As bad as things are its nowhere near as bad as sylphia island and glacerose. Can you believe its been remade 3 times and the newest one hasnt been updated in over 2 years.

Least BD has the decency to not take money from his patreons. Having been here from nearly the start it is sad to see such potential go to waste, still not the first project that ive seen thats failing for being too ambitious.
What do you mean BD has the decency to not take money from his patreons? That’s what he’s been doing for the past.. year, year and a half or so. Maybe even two years

Sorrowz

May 27, 2017
I dunno what's worse.

Braindrop just not releasing the update himself since it's clearly ready if Mackdrop has it or Braindrop giving the update to Mackdrop who doesn't know how to work a phone and is now expected to prepare a game release on their own.

Hope you guys still pledging paused yourselves cause if he's AFKing from Patreon for 10 months, what is stopping him from just forgetting to pause and blaming Mackdrop?

SerHawkes

Engaged Member
Oct 29, 2017
No kidding. Like the constant 'Bru Bru' killed my sanity while I read her line. Like if that was BDs way of flipping the bird at the incest folks and to make her cringe as fuck... It worked.

That said, if it was every now and than she said it, as a means of endearment, there would be nothing wrong with it. But every other or so line? Fucking god damn cringefest.

derpmcderp

May 30, 2020
There is no new update to this thread. It is everyone saying the same thing. Unless the dev cycle changes it is be
It's a 2600+ page thread that puts on several new pages every day. I'm sorry you aren't personally invested in the content. Maybe try another thread.

WaerM

Dec 3, 2017
Is it radiosilence on the Discord since "The Mac" got the update ?
Last update I saw on here was "Her" confirming "she" recieved the update....

WaerM

Dec 3, 2017
Let's just say what most People think anyway: There is no Update
Yeah but that wasn't what I wanted to know now was it ?
I wanted to know if they stopped communicating after the confirmation that Mc got the "update" from BD, and if the supporters just wait in Silence like good dogs...

• Angry
Reactions: Dumber0

Individual

Oct 4, 2022
Yeah but that wasn't what I wanted to know now was it ?
I wanted to know if they stopped communicating after the confirmation that Mc got the "update" from BD, and if the supporters just wait in Silence like good dogs...
It doesn't really matter if they went radio silent or not. The update is not going to come out any time soon. Maybe we'll see a small chunk of it towards the end of the year, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Even if Mackenzie did say something it'd just be another excuse or more useless information explaining why they're not going to release the update.

derpmcderp

May 30, 2020
It doesn't really matter if they went radio silent or not. The update is not going to come out any time soon. Maybe we'll see a small chunk of it towards the end of the year, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Even if Mackenzie did say something it'd just be another excuse or more useless information explaining why they're not going to release the update.
I assume "their" strategy around the end of the month is to make no waves, so that the next billing cycle will begin without people noticing. I should go back in that post of all the data and see how many times they made promises or set due dates a week out from the end of the month, and then quiet mode drifted into the next one with no content released. I bet this month isn't the only time it has happened.

jjmayne

Jan 22, 2022
Patreon has been paused until March 26, 2023 so sayeth the thingy at the top of his Patreon page. "Mac" also hasn't said anything on discord since 2 days ago when she said "Yes" regarding if she got the update or not.

Screenshot (17).png

Before that, it was mostly just a guy getting attacked by other discord users for rightfully asking questions wanting transparency from the PR person who was hired to answer questions and be transparent.

polycentric

Donor
Mar 26, 2019
Patreon has been paused until March 26, 2023 so sayeth the thingy at the top of his Patreon page. "Mac" also hasn't said anything on discord since 2 days ago when she said "Yes" regarding if she got the update or not.

View attachment 2427355

Before that, it was mostly just a guy getting attacked by other discord users for rightfully asking questions wanting transparency from the PR person who was hired to answer questions and be transparent.
The very definition of 'simping' :WeSmart:

Reactions: isotope and jjmayne

jjmayne

Jan 22, 2022
The very definition of 'simping' :WeSmart:
It's even worse when they say "if you don't like it, then just leave." Like man, that just creates an echo chamber devoid of any actual helpful criticism or questioning. Which then leads back into the same problems that he has with his Patreon where he deletes his posts announcing his delays on any random update. It silences negative reception and makes it seem like it's all flowers and sunshine.

Reactions: Kassan06969
3.70 star(s) 642 Votes