artofwar

Mar 17, 2020
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Is this an old post? I swear I've read that same thing a few times already. It's beginning to look like copypasta now.

Mackenzie will absolutely release the 2.5k render update tomorrow if BD doesn't, which she has had on her computer for 3 weeks, exactly as promised right? Right?? Lmfao. What a fucking joke this idiot is.
Well they did say they would, right? It would be unlike the macflop combo to fail to uphold their word.

michael1984

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
Well we are probally around 5 hours away from the first timed release for the highest patreon members

And it goes upwards from there so then probally 7 hours for the second highest patreon members and so on

If BD actually gonna keep his word and release it today that is :ROFLMAO:

• Hey there
Reactions: SerHawkes

SerHawkes

Engaged Member
Oct 29, 2017
Well we are probally around 5 hours away from the first timed release for the highest patreon members

And it goes upwards from there so then probally 7 hours for the second highest patreon members and so on

If BD actually gonna keep his word and release it today that is :ROFLMAO:
-1 hour from release-
BD: Hmmm... Not really feeling about releasing the update this time. People are starting to suspect my alter ego... Wonder what bullshit excuse I fabricate in 30mins...

karumi56

Oct 7, 2019
His posts leads me to believe he made up the whole marriage thing. Because giving Braindrop's bipolarism or split personality syndrome, it's hard to believe that a woman would marry him. Not that it doesn't happen but most women want a stable man.

His previous posts about not caring about money is an example. You don't live in daydream if you got a family and expect money to grow on trees. Or in this case Patreon.

But anywho, today is the big day if BD can keep his word on this update.
I've thought this for a while. If you go back and look at his posts about meeting the girl ("I should marry this girl!") and all that follow, it has the same excessive word vomit that also happens during his excuses for all the delays. It's a classic indicator of deception/untruthfulness. As you stated, the not caring about money is also a big red flag. I don't know of a young father that doesn't stress about money. Having a family isn't cheap, and it doesn't get easier.

The arrival/creation of "Mackenzie" follows this same pattern, born out of necessity to keep the "game" going.

I'm sure we're in for some new adventures this week. I'd love to be wrong, and see a steady stream of updates.

Oct 22, 2017
So much for 'He'll bleed out of Patrons eventually' ...
1678714882806.png

Seems the remaining ones are quite happy in there. This is the first month in forever that didn't have a real bottom at the start of the month, and the total number of Patrons is rising again as a result of that ...

Or - he helped himself to some much needed support.
1678715106704.png

Without this out-of-character rapid rise right before the new month, the decline would have been quite noticeable.

OEJ

'Dirth ma, harellan. Ma banal enasalin. Mar solas'
Donor
Dec 9, 2017
View attachment 2463792

Seems the remaining ones are quite happy in there. This is the first month in forever that didn't have a real bottom at the start of the month, and the total number of Patrons is rising again as a result of that ...

View attachment 2463812

Without this out-of-character rapid rise right before the new month, the decline would have been quite noticeable.
everytime he posts one sob story they will repledge. i wish more honest devs had that kind of supports rather than attracting trolls who will harass them for the dumbest reason :cry:

Shouki

Jul 30, 2020
View attachment 2463792

View attachment 2463812

Sadly, this shows me why he does this whole fiasco all the damn time.
One excuse here, another promise there, and he can make a pretty damn good living without doing anything really (besides thinking up excuses once every 1-2 months).

PopPop63

Jun 16, 2020
there is 0 chance in hell he's going to render 1000 images in 3 days or even if they are rendered, arrange them in order to add dialogue and animation where needed. You sir need to replace your spine since your clearing falling for everything.
no, he had delayed way too much and over promised too much. But just let the man be. IF what he said was correct he has it all ready EXCEPT that scene and it shouldn't take terribly long to get it done and inserted. If not, well so be it. But someone who has stated they have mental health issues getting m,mercilessly hounded by a lot of people who don't even support his work is bullshit. If you dont like how he is doing things stop supporting if you are and if not Delete his work and never download it again. PERIOD

PopPop63

Jun 16, 2020
I used to be a supporter of his on Patreon. Decided to put my money to better use by developing my own game. Sad to see he's still at this same old crap. He started off with a bang, new release every month for a while, I think he worked himself silly, hurt his health. I understand to a point. It's a crazy lot of work to do your own game. I am barely at the point of being a couple of weeks away from my teaser demo release, and I write for 2 other devs/games as well, and have a full time job. I get that it cam be stressful, but the one thing you can never do is lie to your supporters. don't promise if you can't deliver! It's always better to under promise and over deliver than vice versa.

I hope he gets everything straightened out and wish him the best of luck.
and this is a usefull and decent way to look at BD's situation.

polycentric

Donor
Mar 26, 2019
But just let the man be.
Why? I don't give a rat's ass about this game anymore but he's demonstratively perpetrating an active fraud and, I would argue, making like more difficult for many other content creators by contributing to an increase in the "us versus them" mentality that many players have against content creators. We're in a situation today were anyone that doesn't release updates every month, even when they never said they were going to, is a "bad dev" and a "milker", and BD is one of the largest contributors to that feeling.

BD is being enabled by a hopium-smoking simp cult core group of Patreon contributors and they're almost as much to blame as he is, because he made performance claims (promises) a number of times, didn't deliver a number of times and then made almost comically bad excuses which were accepted at face value by his contributors. And, instead of applying corrective action by defunding him, this core group has enabled this continuing fraud.

No, I don't think we're just going to just "let the man be" until he proves that he can be a "man" by honor his commitments and take the heat off of the developers that never signed up for this shit in the first place.

Feb 29, 2020
It would be interesting for him to change his nickname, BrainDelay, DelayDrop, BrainExcuse, ExcuseDrop, because the only thing he is constantly doing is delays and excuses. But when you have almost 3,000 sheep financing you without you working, you will obviously do as little as possible.

polycentric

Donor
Mar 26, 2019
everytime he posts one sob story they will repledge. i wish more honest devs had that kind of supports rather than attracting trolls who will harass them for the dumbest reason :cry:
You've posted some great stuff and this is probably the best post you ever made. There are so many developers out there that aren't getting the respect they deserve in part because of this very situation.

3.70 star(s) 642 Votes