Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
BD got tooo fixated in making Basketball interesting (we all know he used it as an excuse to delay even more, though). If he's not that good he could have done what one of the VNs I follow and that is in my signature did: Just don't make it a minigame, make the basketball a still and not an animation, if it really bothers you that it's too easy, put a couple of choices there that determine whether or not you'll win the match, but focus on what is important, the 'story'.

Also, due to his bad history with delivering things on time, lying and setting deadlines and polls that he later ignores, reworking ANYTHING was a really bad idea. Again, the only dev I forgave for doing this is the same dev whose VN I have in my signature. He's a victim of his own perfectionism and he can't help himself, but at least he actually delivers on time, delivered a high quality remake and he has never blatantly lied and made empty promises.

Due to his terrible history BD should have completed the VN and then focus on 'reworking', but that's too much to ask.

No one asked BD to make the game of the century in regards to writing, great renders or even decently attractive models, all he had to do was working, keeping his mouth shut, delivering on time and actually hiring somebody who would monitor that he actually worked, but the fact that he couldn't do at least one of these things is frustrating, especially when many 'new players' ignore what's going on and they blindly throw money at him while he fails to do what he's being paid for.
yeah
but the whole sports thing at SG is bullshit (my opinion)
the game is not what was promised at the beginning (pointing to the dark path)
and since it seems everyone is going to realease their games on steam .. well they have to be rework a lot to be not to dark/kinky/oversexual etc ... a shame

OEJ

'Dirth ma, harellan. Ma banal enasalin. Mar solas'
Donor
Dec 9, 2017
I think most ppl would take a "and mc's team's ass was kicked in the exhibition match" slide, with renders following the slide where - MC doing Harper's job for her and motivating the team and get heckled by opposition fans and media while leaving the stadium.

No one actually gives a shit about "basketball renders" if the game is delayed to hell and back just to "perfect" it.

Also im waiting for Mackenzie to release the full update today since the promised 2500+ weren't released in an orderly fashion

KovskyAnker

May 29, 2022
I understand that and I'm not gonna pretend I'm immune to burnout. But I love doing this man. It's fun. It's crazy to think we live in a time that I can tell a story like this in this kind of way. I wake up every morning excited to add more to it. I spend all day thinking about what to add to it. I feel super accomplished whenever I see the file size going up.
This aged well.

derpmcderp

May 30, 2020
BD got tooo fixated in making Basketball interesting (we all know he used it as an excuse to delay even more, though). If he's not that good he could have done what one of the VNs I follow and that is in my signature did: Just don't make it a minigame, make the basketball a still and not an animation, if it really bothers you that it's too easy, put a couple of choices there that determine whether or not you'll win the match, but focus on what is important, the 'story'.
Exactly. Literally all the basketball up to this point has been stills and has anyone cared at all? I certainly didn't. We all know there is absolutely no shot that the result of the game will have any effect on the story, so why pretend it will?

Reactions: acondo

derpmcderp

May 30, 2020
I think most ppl would take a "and mc's team's ass was kicked in the exhibition match" slide, with renders following the slide where - MC doing Harper's job for her and motivating the team and get heckled by opposition fans and media while leaving the stadium.

No one actually gives a shit about "basketball renders" if the game is delayed to hell and back just to "perfect" it.

Also im waiting for Mackenzie to release the full update today since the promised 2500+ weren't released in an orderly fashion
"And so the lone basketball captain's road came to an end...for now."

• Haha
Reactions: YepperCause and OEJ
Jan 24, 2020
What a boring update.. expected soo much more after all this time. The game hasnt even started yet! My lord the patrons must be pissed right now :(
as budding future Dev, i have realised that this is not the way to go.. i completely skipped 20 percent of this to try and get to the game..

Crosaith.

Nov 18, 2017
Brah, WTFing abomination is that
Her chin used to be near his chest not his stomach
I don't know. I'm for character heights becoming more realistic.
The protags prob like 6'6 and the average height for women is 5'4 sooo... :LOL:

Edit - Orrr maybe BD saw the Wemby hype and decided this is the one!

Last edited:

Fun Shaundi

Jun 24, 2021
yeah
but the whole sports thing at SG is bullshit (my opinion)
the game is not what was promised at the beginning (pointing to the dark path)
and since it seems everyone is going to realease their games on steam .. well they have to be rework a lot to be not to dark/kinky/oversexual etc ... a shame
It is bullshit, cause basketball isn't the main focus, but it's something BD could have used as an example instead of being obsessed with it and using it as an excuse to delay everything. Fine, he promised a 'sports VN', but it's a huge mistake to focus on it while the story and the delayed updates are in shambles.

As for the dark path in the other VN, I was also into it, but at the beginning that VN was under a different dev. Doesn't surprise me it changed.

boobsrcool

Apr 1, 2022
It is bullshit, cause basketball isn't the main focus, but it's something BD could have used as an example instead of being obsessed with it and using it as an excuse to delay everything. Fine, he promised a 'sports VN', but it's a huge mistake to focus on it while the story and the delayed updates are in shambles.

As for the dark path in the other VN, I was also into it, but at the beginning that VN was under a different dev. Doesn't surprise me it changed.
which game had a different dev
is there a variable to change to changewhether trans content is on or off

3.70 star(s) 642 Votes