Fragmandk

Game Developer
Jul 3, 2017
If you want to ever see content from the dev at this point, you need the people who are mad at him. Throwing roses at BD is how you got to his current release speed, and backlash is why you got an update at all.

At this point, if you don't get that the people that are 'mad' aren't actually mad, they're just having fun at his expense as BD continues to make poor decisions, then I don't know what to tell you. Adding duckfaces and black boxes to everything is not indicative of anger. The people who were mad gave up on that ages ago when they canceled their subs. Now they're just here for the lulz. I'm sorry you aren't having fun with it, but life is too short to worry about things you don't like and can't control.
At least now we can have 6 month more of fun he is not gonna release anything more for at least 6 month. Here we go having more fun in the thread :D

cat-cats-kitten-kitty-pic-picture-funny-lolcat-cute-fun-lovely-photo-images-i-love-this-thread...jpg

Grimstar

May 15, 2020
**SPOILERS**

Just played the update and can confidently say I don't know what just happened. It felt like we saw a lot, but at the same time 90% of it was meaningless and dragged/overstayed its welcome (Eg. The court scene), not to mention the interuptions during the lewd scenes was such a mood killer that it makes me wonder how BD thought it was a good idea.

The second thing I've noticed since a couple of updates ago and especially in this one was that Jamie seems to be the only one the mc gives his secret sauce to (especially if Shauna is involved). I get they're trying to get her pregnant and all that (stupid in its own way) but its already starting to feel repetative and its clear who BD favourites the most out of the two.

After playing several VNs on this site I feel like Skye shouldn't have been trans. Its obvious that BD sees her character as a girl and treats her as one. The whole getting pissed at Jax (get to him later) for calling her his gf felt really weak and forced. Like he needed to create some fake drama so that Skye could see MC for the white knight he truly is. This is all without even mentioning the reason Skye identifies as a guy is because she grew up around her dad and brothers (I think, don't really remember her background). Not to get political or anything but wouldn't this make more sense if she was just a tomboy?

I also don't believe that guys (especially athletes) wouldn't be looking at her in the changing room when shes got her top off and exposing herself (I know they're probably all gay/married/dickless but c'mon) and not having certain thoughts/reactions.

Now Jax... Honestly, I can't take this guy seriously. Its like what a hipster would imagine a bully would look like. Anyone whose ever gotten into a fight before can tell that this guy just ain't it. He practically reeks fakeness. But considering how fragile BD is as a person I can understand how he'd feel that someone like this could be threatening.

As for the more technical aspects of the update, I think someone said it before but it would have been in BD's best interest if he kept it all first person, those black boxes didn't do him any favors. Also its 2023, sex scenes should have more than just one angle. Even new devs incorporate this better than BD. As a fan of Shauna I gotta say her scene was very disappointing.

On a lesser note, BD needs to quit with Shauna's whole "woe is me trans thing" we've been through it before, no need to keep rehashing it, it gets old quick. And the MC needs to have some realistic qualities about him, because right now this man is only a couple of steps away from being this world's version of Jesus. He's so perfect that it'd make Cell blush (Props to anyone who gets that reference).

All in all, the update was fine. If this was two years ago I would have even been excited. But unlike BD, I've grown, seen more that VNs have to offer and experienced better stories with greater forms of character development. Hopefully (unlikely) BD will grow by the next big (real) update.

HarveyD

Oct 15, 2017
The duality of man.
**SPOILERS**

Just played the update and can confidently say I don't know what just happened. It felt like we saw a lot, but at the same time 90% of it was meaningless and dragged/overstayed its welcome (Eg. The court scene), not to mention the interuptions during the lewd scenes was such a mood killer that it makes me wonder how BD thought it was a good idea.

The second thing I've noticed since a couple of updates ago and especially in this one was that Jamie seems to be the only one the mc gives his secret sauce to (especially if Shauna is involved). I get they're trying to get her pregnant and all that (stupid in its own way) but its already starting to feel repetative and its clear who BD favourites the most out of the two.

After playing several VNs on this site I feel like Skye shouldn't have been trans. Its obvious that BD sees her character as a girl and treats her as one. The whole getting pissed at Jax (get to him later) for calling her his gf felt really weak and forced. Like he needed to create some fake drama so that Skye could see MC for the white knight he truly is. This is all without even mentioning the reason Skye identifies as a guy is because she grew up around her dad and brothers (I think, don't really remember her background). Not to get political or anything but wouldn't this make more sense if she was just a tomboy?

I also don't believe that guys (especially athletes) wouldn't be looking at her in the changing room when shes got her top off and exposing herself (I know they're probably all gay/married/dickless but c'mon) and not having certain thoughts/reactions.

Now Jax... Honestly, I can't take this guy seriously. Its like what a hipster would imagine a bully would look like. Anyone whose ever gotten into a fight before can tell that this guy just ain't it. He practically reeks fakeness. But considering how fragile BD is as a person I can understand how he'd feel that someone like this could be threatening.

As for the more technical aspects of the update, I think someone said it before but it would have been in BD's best interest if he kept it all first person, those black boxes didn't do him any favors. Also its 2023, sex scenes should have more than just one angle. Even new devs incorporate this better than BD. As a fan of Shauna I gotta say her scene was very disappointing.

On a lesser note, BD needs to quit with Shauna's whole "woe is me trans thing" we've been through it before, no need to keep rehashing it, it gets old quick. And the MC needs to have some realistic qualities about him, because right now this man is only a couple of steps away from being this world's version of Jesus. He's so perfect that it'd make Cell blush (Props to anyone who gets that reference).

All in all, the update was fine. If this was two years ago I would have even been excited. But unlike BD, I've grown, seen more that VNs have to offer and experienced better stories with greater forms of character development. Hopefully (unlikely) BD will grow by the next big (real) update.
great update keep it up BD

StantheMan69

Aug 10, 2017
Read a lot of ppls opinions on the new update.
I am in the same boat as most here, Im critical of this games progress, and Ive voiced so here.

But...
Besides the 3rd person shift. This update is pretty much in line with the rest of the game, and I feel that most here are just on a bandwagon of hate of late. About 90% of the updates criticism, I cant even see as having any basis other than that.
TBH there are other actual problems worth talking about, instead of made up trashing of the update.
You should be better... Im not always, but something came out, and its not really that bad. Maybe not what you wanted, but... its someone else making it. You take what you get.
At this point it feels like youre complaining about a bad grade for a paper you copied.
I feel the update was alright. I had no real issue with it. The 3rd person and black box on the mc was ridiculous and I laughed every time I saw it. I feel BD should just stick to first person mod. At least if he is going to do 3rd person mode. Give the damn MC a face. I figure he put the black box thinking it would help people pretend to be the MC. To me it doesn't work, people can play a game and put themselves in the shoe of the MC even seeing a face that is not their own. Many RPG even ones with character creators. Dont have the players face and yet players put there self in the characters shoe and pretend that they are the MC.

datguy0115

Feb 21, 2021
Can someone update on the Discord and comment section? I know its most likely more praise but I kinda want to know anyway :ROFLMAO:

RoadWulf

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2018
If you're going to censor the head, then do it well. Don't just black box it. Strategic shots are possible.

Hell you showed his chin at one point. do back of the head shots at least if you want to hide his face.

StantheMan69

Aug 10, 2017
If you want to ever see content from the dev at this point, you need the people who are mad at him. Throwing roses at BD is how you got to his current release speed, and backlash is why you got an update at all.

At this point, if you don't get that the people that are 'mad' aren't actually mad, they're just having fun at his expense as BD continues to make poor decisions, then I don't know what to tell you. Adding duckfaces and black boxes to everything is not indicative of anger. The people who were mad gave up on that ages ago when they canceled their subs. Now they're just here for the lulz. I'm sorry you aren't having fun with it, but life is too short to worry about things you don't like and can't control.
Exactly at this point people expect a yearly update and most of the comment are exactly like stated people have fun at BD expense and to be honest this forum been a blast to read and interact with. I am sure there are still some people upset about the way BD keep posting he has 2500 render and going to release an update next week. Just to get a delay and an excuse.

asakura14

Mar 14, 2022
Is it just me or something's weird with the renditions? I remember the characters being different, and not everyone looking so similar to each other, I remember Mable being smoking hot, not so plain, as someone who plays since 2021, I can't go over how everything has changed

Damien81a

Aug 4, 2022
so mac is going to upload the whole thing today then ?
dident they say that less then a week ago that if the whole 2700 renders is not up by the 13th she i uploading it on the 14th ;)

and mac alredy had the whole thing by then good to go, but BD needed one more shot to get it oute for his sence of achivment or some BS...

• Haha
Reactions: bluetack_man

derpmcderp

May 30, 2020
On a lesser note, BD needs to quit with Shauna's whole "woe is me trans thing" we've been through it before, no need to keep rehashing it, it gets old quick.
The funny thing about that scene(s) is it reminded me that although years have passed in real life, in game it's literally been like less than a week at the most. BD is a victim now of his own procrastination, as the audience has basically lived through the plot of Inception and spent years with these characters that their MC counterpart has spent a month or two with at the most.

If I were BD at this point and I was trying to bring this all around, I would go one of two routes - either keep the story going as is but just totally stop focusing on 85% of the girls (clunky but would be fine in the long run), or do some kind of story reset. Have some major event that puts the MC on a new path, maybe his injuries from his fight turn out to be career ending and now all the attention on him fades and most of the girls vanish with his fame. This would definitely bring it down to reality and ironically would metaphorically fit with BD's total inability to make the basketball game happen. The game isn't really about basketball anyway but about interpersonal drama, and it would make the story far more interesting when you remove the fair weather fame chasers out of the mix.

That's part of what makes all the new love interests hard to take seriously - if this is supposed to be the real world, more than 0% of those girls are into him because he's famous and would drop him in a heartbeat once that stopped being true. The illusion of them all sincerely loving him after knowing him for 36 hours is a major contributing factor to all the girls feeling like they lack their own distinct personalities.

The other major contributing factor IMO is how their own drives and personal goals get swallowed by the MC's orbit. Girls do not go to college to be drafted into a sex cult of personality, where they figure out how they are going to build their entire lives around subservience to a man who is good at sports. What do any of these girls want for themselves after the MC shows romantic interest? The MC gives a literal kiss of death to their agency. The update makes this worse with a total stranger he hasn't even flirted with practically begging him to become part of her life a sentence or two after seeing him for the first time in person. When does the other shoe drop with this bizarre fantasy? Unless the MC is secretly a vampire, none of this makes sense.

Crowangel

Dec 12, 2021
i love the update but im in agreement the stupidity of the black box makes the whole update a joke.. give the mc a dam face instead of this retro VN crap.. if the readers dont like the mc choice.. so be it, it wouldnt be the first time but dont diminish the quality of your work with stuff like this..
Not to mention the better scenes can be when you have a physical mc presence in them with the LI.. the goldfish face kisses are done with and look crap.. if your spending SO much time getting the things like uniforms and the arena perfect but settle for a black box blackout head then its ridiculous

3.70 star(s) 642 Votes