Shouki

Jul 30, 2020
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Thanks for posting it.

I am baffled by this utter BS.
As others already pointed at this problem, but making a vote, and then going against the vast majority without even a "sorry, sht happened", just "oops" is weird. If it was done by others I would say irresponsible, but we all know the things that happened with him...

What I am most curious about is this part - "I mentioned in the first release that I didn't want to end the update on a weird vibe with halftime and everything, I think I went a little too negative with some things and I'm going to spend some of the next few days tweaking that." - so he tweaked too much, and he needs the delay to tweak them again? What the actual Fck? I mean, sht happens and mistakes can be made, but to make mistakes, then make more when trying to correct it, when basically that's all he had to do, according to him, so more delays? When initially this was what he had to redo for like a year? (At least what I remember is him saying he had to redo the basketball game a few times, back end of summer, early fall? Something like that. If I am wrong, please do correct me.)

Sep 16, 2021
Real world rules are in effect. People are using their right to spend their money how they see fit and others are complaining about it. Can't get more real world than that.

I really enjoyed the last update and am looking forward to more no matter when it drops. My life doesn't depend on it having a timely release
You forgot to add the “hugs and bounces” emojis

otronegro

Jan 24, 2020
All he had to say about the poll fiasco was a oopsie :KEK:. I lied to you guys again, Oopsie!

He also make it sound like Mackenzie is the lead dev or something since he can't put out a update that had only some tweaks to go through after 6 days because she was away, when she does nothing at all but please the discord simps with a couple posts/week. Whoever pays for this shit deserves it.

If you really think he didnt put out because of irl commitments you are clueless. He expects people to buy all that bullshit that anyone with half a brain can see through. Disgusting.

I bet he's scrambling right now trying to put black boxes together to release something soon.

miyu-

Oct 28, 2020
He needs to start adressing things right. This update isn't delayed for just 6 days, it's delayed for more than a year. If memory serves me right, the first beta for the "exhbition game update" was released on November/2021.

And why Mackenzie just steps away on a moment that is supposed to be important for the game development? This guy seems to be one of the most permissive bosses in the world.

EroPulse

Apr 18, 2020
Convenient that "Mackenzie" is away dealing with "RL issues" during the time she said she would release the update if BD didn't since he's releasing it in 3 chunks, which is what everyone else didn't want.

I'll give slight props for actually pausing pledges.

I don't understand how things could get tweaked endlessly and aren't finished. This stuff was supposed to be done month ago. Does this mean that Mack never actually had the update? Because she would have released an update that BD would have needed 3 weeks to work on...

Also, OEJ what game were you talking about? I'd be happy to take a look at it.

Wolfen5

Mar 4, 2019
"I'm a one man show at the moment. Mackenzie has been away dealing with some events in her personal life so things haven't gone exactly how I hoped they would."

Bruh, this is like watching a tag team wrestling match of excuses.

BD comes out strong, pleading fans to believe he is doing his best. Throwing a powerful excuse of feelz to the side of the head. He then follows this with a family trauma excuse to the solar plexus, giving him precious time to recover and think of a way out.

Then feeling the pressure and having run out of steam(ideas), BD runs to the corner to tag in Mac. Mac comes in real confident and sets up the opponent with promises of being the one to deliver the crushing DDT blow (update)ensuring a victory, but having underestimated the opposition, reels in confusion and is forced to tag BD back in for excuses of their own (more family stuff).
Now BD comes in a little discombobulated but puts up a real fight with yet more delays and assurances. They are exhausted. They are drained. They are strategizing. The ref is scratching his head wondering what the hell he is doing there.

S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Did this update add the retconed story, or just continue the story? Because as nice as the continued content was, and I did really like it, it was pretty short for so long a wait to get it

bluetack_man

Nov 25, 2016
If he actually does release another 1600 render and 30 animation update, then fair play to him. That will mean this month he has released 2900 render 50 animation update.

Problem is that he has said the bulk of this update was made in the last '2k update promise', which was nearly 2 years ago.

Updates shouldn't be about counting renders, it should be about the game. So I am going to hold my judgement until after I've played the basketball game and whatever follows, to make a final judgement about how I feel about this game.

But that said, I fully think this dev deserves no support financially at all. He has repeatedly mislead his subscribers, deleted and banned people for comments asking where the game was, and I think its pretty obvious at this point that Mackenzie clearly is not real as no sane person would, for the fourth time, not be able to do their job of posting on Patreon remotely.

May 27, 2017
A man's only as good as his word, and BD has missed every release date that he himself set. Sure, life has a way of fucking up your plans; so a few delays are acceptable, but missing almost every single deadline, updates not being the size they were said to be even after long delays. Not even mentioning the declining quality of the VN and all the censoring on Patreon. Where and when does it end? It won't ever end, until people stop enabling this kind of consistently shady behaviour. Stop giving him money, and stop defending his lack of integrity and dedication. Give him a reason to actually earn the insane amount of money he's currently getting for- broken promises, unkept words, emotional manipulation and missed deadlines.

7f731x.jpg

At the early stages, this used to be one of the best VNs out there. Sad to see the sorry state the game is in, and the insane state the developer is in. The number of hateful/negative comments may seem excessive, but they're not wholly unwarranted. Some of us actually were supporters and "we all" cared for the story and the characters at one point. As time went on, the development cycle kept worsening and the behind-the-scenes drama kept piling one, both supporters and fans grew tired of his charade. And all the love and support turned sour into disappointment and hate. The opposite of love isn't hate, it's apathy. So even though we may hate the current state the VN is in, we did care at one point and still care to some extent.

Sep 16, 2019
At this point, I will ignore certain things:
  • Not keeping his promises, again.
  • Despite the poll he conducted, continuing to update things as he pleases or desperately needs to. (even before a big release, the lack of planning continues)
  • Not meeting the deadlines he set and the "PR person" suddenly becoming unavailable again.
So, if we completely ignore these issues... Just sitting on the bench during these big "updates", that's absurd. Since so much buildup has been made and so much drama has been created, we should at least play in the game. Maybe when the team is struggling, we should insist and enter the game and turn it around to return home with a "dizzying" victory.

If we get an ESPN broadcasting experience but shitter with one camera and whining inner voice host, after spending two big "updates" and three years of development, then just change the context dude. make the mc one of the cheer squad, he is popular enough.

Reactions: notBatman747
3.70 star(s) 642 Votes