jish55

Nov 23, 2017
Now all the snowflakes who came out of the woodworks to support this stupid excuse of an update and giving it a glowing praise are gonna scurry back into their holes??

the 1200 render update was dog shit.

you meet two girls exchange 2 to 5 dialogues with them and kiss them and add to your harem. so BD being a "contrarian" again i see.

all the while one of my dev friend who make one of the best story based games on site is criticized for putting an option scene where the LI asks MC to lick her off (that scene is necessary to show her personality, i wasn't just for some weird kink) and is barely scraping by for some support. and you ppl write "best update" "no one can beat this" on this shit excuse of an update.

i don't like milkers coz they ruin the trust of your avg supporter and then that potential supporter wont be supporting ANY dev coz thier trust has been abused even if they like the game.

you can like a game but stop giving false sense of superiority to someone who makes crap that was acceptable 4-5 years ago.

as i said before, i loved this game its WAS one of the good ones back in the day.
Before BD decided to:
add 1000 LIs
Fuckup the story
ruin the personality of all the LIs
lack of concentration on the LIs
and his Contrarian BS that ppl are sick and tierd of., there is only so many time one can her "bru-bru" or see the duck faces.

and the scene between Mac and MC in game is just BD doing mental manipulation like "we have to bend the rules" and some BS like that also same with Liz fighting and claiming "mental health" and you will fall for it everytime. Im 100% sure those 1200 were thrown together hastly just to appease the masses.

Not to mention the scene where MC is fucking Penelope and all the girls who see it undress and come on to him?? are you fucking kidding me??

for anyone who is gonna cry "dont support if you dont want to' or "you are pirates anyway". i supported this game for years even when i was washing dishes (was in college and working part time) and barley scraping by. Not to mention the emotional investment many ppl had even if they weren't supporting monetarily.

when we call for "stop the pledges" or "dont give him money" most of us dont give a shit how an adult is spending his/her money and you deserve to lose money if you are giving it to milkers, but your funding is enabling his bad habits. We wanna hold his feet to the fire so that he releases somethin. AKA its more beneficial for you simps than it is to us.

as for the update times, there are many devs who updates game after many months but ppl shit on BD coz he puts his entire life online and guilts ppl by claiming "mental health". many of us told him to keep his life offline but nope gotta air out the dirty laundry. on top of that giving deadline just to miss. banning ppl who question you, sorry sorry muting ppl who question you and letting your "law" and other high tier brainlets berate them and then ban them without hearing thier side. walls and walls of texts on how we are responsible for his mental health being fucked coz we made this game famous. and also deleting posts to make yourself look good.

P.S: BD i know you are watching this thread and we can understand by your shitting jokes in discord. just remember, sending your simps here will not do them any good., ppl will dunk on them and hurt thier precious feelings and you all will have a group therapy in your hugbox by hugging and bouncing :KEK: :KEK: :KEK:

P.P.S: btw, all this delay for 2 months now coz of some small "tweaks" and an unexpected addtion of a scene?? tell Mac(your alter ego) not to show her face again :BootyTime:
Yeah, I always had issues with too many LIs, where I felt after 10, it became WAY too much for this game and felt that BD was biting off far more than he could chew. Like I get wanting to have a game where there's every flavor of romance under the sun, but come on, you can easily erase 70% of the love interests in this game and not lose out on anything.

Amon617

May 23, 2022
Guys. I also made fan of BD but to see the game's page like this is really depressing.

Because of the things Im going to say you might think Im defending him but no. At this moment, for long time, I hate DB too.

But wouldn't it be better to talk about the game, the story or the characters? Lets talk about theories. Lets talk about interesting stuff if there is any.

Yes DB is milking. He deserves no respect. Ok. But its 2737 pages now and 1800 of it about the dev.

For pages its just people saying DB is full of excuses and other people liking those comments. Lets do something different. At least for a while. Like I said. I also took shit on him being a milker too. So maybe this will not look sincere. But c'mon.

datguy0115

Feb 21, 2021
And I'm very glad to hear that the response to the first chunk was very positive for the most part.
The biggest negative that I know of was people being upset with the black box censoring the MC's face. Which is understandable, that's something that I started doing with the basketball game, there's shots of the play happening and him sitting on the bench. Had to come up with a way to hide that, of course you start with the awkward blocking with people and a whole lot of other scuffed shit before you just say fuck it and put a box on that mug. That will continue for the rest of these chunks but I'll look into alternatives for the future.
Do you remember how he once said that it is a "passion project" and that the most important thing for him is to release a good update?.. You should actually, that was pretty much every excuse for a patreon delay post in the last 2 years.

Now he says "fuck it" and just adds black boxes over the face instead of going the elaborate route and playing with perspective, angles and objects to hide the face.
The fact that he sees this as the best solution for his game, rather than just giving the MC a face when covering is really that hard, shows me how much of that "passion project" attitude is left. He allegedly "tweaked" various renders of the basketball game for weeks because he wasn't happy with the "flow", but he can accept releasing something like that? This guy is full of shit.

Now we have another temporary solution in the game that the players have to put up with and will certainly be handled differently in the future, or even changed :Kappa:. Just as the immersion breaking differences between chapters 1 and 2 :Kappa::Kappa:.

Just think how many devs started for far less complete remakes of their games, which at the same time had far fewer players and supporters. This shows that it is a "passion project". I really don't understand what else he wants to mix up before you can no longer recognize what you're actually playing.

Last edited:

Wolfeszorn

Jul 24, 2021
Guys. I also made fan of BD but to see the game's page like this is really depressing.

Because of the things Im going to say you might think Im defending him but no. At this moment, for long time, I hate DB too.

But wouldn't it be better to talk about the game, the story or the characters? Lets talk about theories. Lets talk about interesting stuff if there is any.

Yes DB is milking. He deserves no respect. Ok. But its 2737 pages now and 1800 of it about the dev.

For pages its just people saying DB is full of excuses and other people liking those comments. Lets do something different. At least for a while. Like I said. I also took shit on him being a milker too. So maybe this will not look sincere. But c'mon.
Ok, let´s talk about the non existing story...

Done.

There is none.
It went to shit when he introduced a mob subplot, a ninja (?) and a political refugee aka the princess.
Your guess is as good as ours. Want some theories? Ok...

At the end of the upcoming game a wormhole opens and MC gets sucked into the Space Jam universe where he has to play against Aliens. And he will be able to impregnate lola bunny....

Oh. And Jamie and all the other duckface characters will join him aswell since they would fit perfectly in there

karumi56

Oct 7, 2019
Do you remember how he once said that it is a "passion project" and that the most important thing for him is to release a good update?.. You should actually, that was pretty much every excuse for a patreon delay post in the last 2 years.

Now he says "fuck it" and just adds black boxes over the face instead of going the elaborate route and playing with perspective, angles and objects to hide the face.
The fact that he sees this as the best solution for his game, rather than just giving the MC a face when covering is really that hard, shows me how much of that "passion project" attitude is left.

Now we have another temporary solution in the game that the players have to put up with and will certainly be handled differently in the future, or even changed :Kappa:. Just as the immersion breaking differences between chapters 1 and 2 :Kappa::Kappa:.

Just think how many devs started for far less complete remakes of their games, which at the same time had far fewer players and supporters. This shows that it is a "passion project". I really don't understand what else he wants to mix up before you can no longer recognize what you're actually playing.
I see two possible answers to the reason for the continual delays of releases:

1) He has thousands of renders sitting done, but keeps "tweaking things" endlessly, dumpstering work and redoing it.

2) He hasn't actually done much of anything for the last two years, and is hustling to quickly render and slap stuff together to post something, anything, even if it looks like crap (black boxes over faces), has crap writing (the Aubrey scene, Natalie going schizo, etc.) and doesn't even mesh with previous releases, which is now years ago.

With the most recent Braindrop and the further delays, I'd say #2 seems to be more likely.

Felidako

Apr 4, 2021
"Had to come up with a way to hide that, of course you start with the awkward blocking with people and a whole lot of other scuffed shit before you just say fuck it and put a box on that mug."
Why not just blur the face out and pixelate it a bit in Photoshop? Takes like a minute max and wont look too weird or out of place in the render. Why does he keep making it harder for himself than it needs to be man.

Fun Shaundi

Jun 24, 2021

With all the respect you deserve, I on the contrary think it's good that people keep talking about it. Why? Cause new players who go to BD's patreon cannot see how bad the game is doing cause he's banning people who speak up and removing all negative comments, so a newcomer looking for reviews will only see those posts praising him and think 'Well, I'll invest in this cause it looks so cool and everyone loves it!'
In here, BD doesn't have the power to censor people, so newcomers can see what's going on and be cautious with their money. You can believe me or not, but I hate with passion people who gets duped and give their money to lost causes not because they're stupid, but because they we're ignorant of the 'product's' quality.

As for talking about the characters and theories...it's quite difficult to do such thing. When the game began this was plausible, but currently all the LIs have been stripped of their individuality and personality and they all behave like cringy brainwashed cult wives. What is it to discuss when they're all behaving the same? Hell, Jamie is my least favourite character and her sole appereance terrifies me, but I still liked that she showed more personality when the game started, same with (my poor beautiful) Shauna.

I know it can be hard to see so many people bashing on something you once loved with passion (I'm looking at you, Saints Row Reboot), but it isn't uncalled for.

Feb 29, 2020
Why not just blur the face out and pixelate it a bit in Photoshop? Takes like a minute max and wont look too weird or out of place in the render. Why does he keep making it harder for himself than it needs to be man.
Besides the black box on the protagonist's face, there's still that ridiculous censorship about Harper's nudity in that "minigame" he made. I wonder what goes through Braindrop's head to think these things are good ideas.

derpmcderp

May 30, 2020
Convenient that "Mackenzie" is away dealing with "RL issues" during the time she said she would release the update if BD didn't since he's releasing it in 3 chunks, which is what everyone else didn't want.

I'll give slight props for actually pausing pledges.
Another amazing coincidence from the BD "duo"

Also, I'm interested to see if the pledges are actually paused before giving him credit for it. Saying "they will be paused" is like saying "this content will be out on the 23rd."

derpmcderp

May 30, 2020

The fact that he sees this as the best solution for his game, rather than just giving the MC a face when covering is really that hard, shows me how much of that "passion project" attitude is left. He allegedly "tweaked" various renders of the basketball game for weeks because he wasn't happy with the "flow", but he can accept releasing something like that? This guy is full of shit.

This is a great point, I think you absolutely nailed it. This update is passionless. It's not just that I'm losing interest - BD is too, and you can feel it. Everything feels flat, from the storytelling to the visuals. The quality of this release would be acceptable if he worked on it for a month, but considering people have been waiting for 2+ years (and this is only a fraction of it), the fact that this is what got shit out is so indicative of how he feels about his "passion project." This is what he's been holding back for literally years. This game is the Duke Nukem Forever of adult VNs. So much handwringing and angst and 500 War and Peace-length blog posts, for this?

Jan 14, 2023
This is a great point, I think you absolutely nailed it. This update is passionless. It's not just that I'm losing interest - BD is too, and you can feel it. Everything feels flat, from the storytelling to the visuals. The quality of this release would be acceptable if he worked on it for a month, but considering people have been waiting for 2+ years (and this is only a fraction of it), the fact that this is what got shit out is so indicative of how he feels about his "passion project." This is what he's been holding back for literally years. This game is the Duke Nukem Forever of adult VNs. So much handwringing and angst and 500 War and Peace-length blog posts, for this?
The giveaway is that all the character models are merging into one huge meta-harem look. It's not uncanny valley, it's CTRL+C / Valley.

Basic (good) design: lock character models in on creation to what you want them to look like and use them from then on (only change this if you switch engines). Excellent design is making sure that each is easily distinguishable and unique. Why are models changing dimensions, weight distribution, height etc unless you're lazily (the technical term is "washing", you see it a LOT in old Disney animation movies) re-using assets that were never made for them?

Hint: unless he lost his HD, someone is dredging / using ctrl+c/v a little too much.

StantheMan69

Aug 10, 2017
How?
How is Mackenzie being "away" impacting anything on his ability to work on the game?

Even then assuming she is real, if she was helping him work, she would have a computer with her or something right, surely they fixed the logging into patreon/discord stuff by now, this makes no sense, especially when every post before this is BD on his knees promising he wants to change.
Because BD is Mac! Mac is BD! So you see when mac is out, BD is down for the count. He can't work with out his other personality with him to bounce ideas off of.

Rick_Sim

Dec 19, 2022
You have random defenders, but here is food for thought, sticking with fact (instead of opinion).
  • Braindrop, not the people in this forum, is the one promising things over and over and not delivering at all or on time. (losing trust in the fanbase)
  • When people complain about certain things (black boxes, duck faces), BD has a tendency to make sure he keeps what people dislike going, instead of making it constructive feedback to improve the product. (Seemingly intentional "payback trolling" for people complaining).
  • Negative posts are deleted and moderated strictly on his Patreon EDIT: Clarification. Not here! (wants to hide warranted complaints from people who can potentially pay him, a tactic often used by scam artists as an added "not good idea to do" type of thing!)
  • Updates are half-baked and often underwhelming (further losing the trust of the fanbase).
  • Then, himself or other defenders are blaming people in this forum for calling him out on it. (Lack of accountability).
What is being made up by "vested defenders":
  • People in this forum are causing BD to have "mental health issues". Worst cop-out I have witnessed on here, yet! There are plenty of other developers making these games who do what they say, even much smaller projects with people just starting out in making AVN games. BD could promise the world and still roll in all kinds of money, which is basically what he has been doing. Mental stress? That is being underappreciated in your 9-5 job and having bills pile up! That line was comical and carries no weight as it is just utterly ridiculous!
  • This is victim blaming, attacking the fans/customers instead of looking in the mirror. "Vested defenders" are basically implying it is us, the people who like, follow the game, and want high quality continued, causing him mental stress and causing him to miss deadlines and hurt his mental health. Again, far into the realm of ridiculousness and he is the one making these choices (overpromising, weird choices, excuses vs results, duck faces, black boxes, forgotten characters liked by the fans, etc.)
  • Nobody's in here acting like they can tell people what to do and say. Sorry, they cannot and we will continue to post what we feel, whether you like it or not. "Quit complaining" <--- Why, when it is valid? Are people going a little overboard, sure they are. But the message is still justified by the developer doing whatever he feels like and taking no accountability for it, which is even more overboard. Then said nobody's want to tell everyone how to behave and what to say. Without the complaints, this thread would be dead and likely the project, so it is still generating current interest.
So there you have it, life is cause and effect and all choices have consequences. If people were being mean and Braindrop was releasing stuff like a madman, yes we, the forum members, would be the problem. If he was doing as he said and we were being this way, we would be the problem.

As it stands, the developer is the problem. He is the one who is over-promising and under-delivering time and time again. He is the one who made the women have duck faces, he is the one who made the black boxes.

Then when the masses complain about it, instead of fixing his behavior or using the complains as constructive feedback, he continues to give the middle finger to all those who dare question him.

As the developer, it is your job to be clear in what you are doing, and yes delays do and can happen for lots of reasons. That does not mean you can do like BD and continuously do it! It should happen every once in a while and only a couple of times during the project, not every single release!

So quit trying to blame us, even defenders are acknowledging problems while they continue to blame this forum for the various issues!

I said it before, if you cannot do this to your boss at work, your girl or guy at home, or your friends, you should not do it to anyone, especially your fans/subscribers/lifeline!

Last edited:

BaasB

Post Pro
Uploader
Donor
Respected User
Aug 5, 2018
Looking for an artist, that is reasonable good with scene creations and Daz....

I want to create a (image) or a short spinoff VN of WVM.
I like to see the MC Bounded to a chair, after losing his BIG Basketball Game.....while the opposing team(BBC)bangs or about to bang his girlfriends.

:devilish::devilish::devilish:

TheJesterrrrrrrr

Jun 10, 2020
"I'm a one man show at the moment. Mackenzie has been away dealing with some events in her personal life so things haven't gone exactly how I hoped they would."

Bruh, this is like watching a tag team wrestling match of excuses.

BD comes out strong, pleading fans to believe he is doing his best. Throwing a powerful excuse of feelz to the side of the head. He then follows this with a family trauma excuse to the solar plexus, giving him precious time to recover and think of a way out.

Then feeling the pressure and having run out of steam(ideas), BD runs to the corner to tag in Mac. Mac comes in real confident and sets up the opponent with promises of being the one to deliver the crushing DDT blow (update)ensuring a victory, but having underestimated the opposition, reels in confusion and is forced to tag BD back in for excuses of their own (more family stuff).
Now BD comes in a little discombobulated but puts up a real fight with yet more delays and assurances. They are exhausted. They are drained. They are strategizing. The ref is scratching his head wondering what the hell he is doing there.
This is the best thing I've read on this thread Co workers looking at me weird laughing my ass off.

karumi56

Oct 7, 2019
What sticks out to me is the creepy annoying character (Aubrey) interrupting the 3-some of the MC and his two main squeezes, not once...not twice...but repeatedly. This is classic BD contrarianism popping up, saying hey you wanted this right? Well F^&@ you, I'm going to ruin the scene and interject some creepy serial killer looking chick in it.

This could have been a major point in the story, the two main love interests getting closer together (if you chose that). But instead, it's just a bizarre hook up scene with some random chick who decides to get naked and jump the MC. That and the two randos from the "opposing school" (whose sports team seems to change names because BD can't bother to look up what he wrote 2 years ago) who want to jump on the MC and get selfies...with his entourage.

It is so poorly written and thought out, it seems like it either must be purposely made to be crap (BD self destructing again), or just little effort because as others have pointed out, BD has zero passion left for this "passion project".

3.70 star(s) 642 Votes