moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
Facts were compiled weeks ago by some bored user who scanned the thread looking for 'patron-only posts' posted since 2019 and leaked here that contained promises and/or excuses from Dev. It's a fun read if you are not emotionally (or financially) involved in this story, and it's not even updated with the most recent ones. Most of those posts are now gone from BD's official channels, by the way, meaning that his past record of unfulfilled promises is no longer there anymore for new patrons to see: if not for this thread, newcomers would never know how many times this basketball match has been announced as something imminent, then 'tweaked', then postponed, rinse and repeat. When I'm pondering whether I should support a dev whose work I like, I definitely take a look at the available info in his official channels to see how reliable and consistent he is, how he communicates with his patrons, how often updates are actually released and how he tackles the issues that inevitably arise when you're developing a solo project for that long. But BD is deleting that key info under the pretense of it 'not being accurate or relevant anymore' so that patrons can only find his latest excuse and the currently planned date of release. This is a fact; in my opinion, this is also dishonest and unfair to your potential backers, and I would never support a dev doing that -if I somehow manage to know he's doing that, of course. That's not how you should manage your main source of income if you don't want to look like a scammer.

There was I time I said in this very same thread that I didn't really like the game (after the original day 5 or so I realized it had turned into something I just didn't like), but I did love the way BD was doing it, so I kept translating it into Spanish (and not a garbage MTL, mind you; it was a proper hand-made translation). He was talkative, he seemed committed, and he paused pledges whenever he failed to deliver an update. Between 2020 and 2021, pledges were paused for more months than not. Some people were already bashing him for not delivering, but I still defended him because, even though his words and promises felt mostly empty without an actual update, his actions seemed honest: after all, he was rejecting a large sum of money he could have easily cashed in. For that reason, after the failed 2k render update from last year, I was still willing to accept his excuses as I could really see how you can make so many renders, then start second-guessing yourself, then start tweaking them, then end up having way fewer usable renders than your initial batch. And, even if his words were a lie, there was no harm done because he wasn't charging his patrons. I even defended his decision of kicking out patrons who were too harsh in their criticism: paying money doesn't give you the right to be an ass, even if you feel you're right on your claims. There's always a better and more polite way to go about it, and devs shouldn't really stand that kind of toxic behavior.

And that was when he started to charge again, month after month, without delivering what he kept promising. That's when even mods choose to switch sides and started to mock him too instead of duly defending this once honest-looking dev.

At that point, as I couldn't really tell whether he was still genuine or just leading us on (and no one can tell, actually, because no one here lives in his head), I made a silent exit and moved on, although I'd still take a look every once in a while to see how things were going (spoiler: not good). But no matter what I actually think about his excuses, no matter what I think of this Mackenzie and her role, there's still a chance all that he says is true, and I wouldn't like to be the umpteenth guy talking shit about him if that's the case. There's nothing I'd get from doing that, I can get my daily dose of social acceptance anywhere else and by doing something more productive than bashing a dev I'd never support. But I can totally understand other people using this thread as their own cruel playground. It's only human, sadly. There's not really anyone here to hurt anymore, but some uninformed users. If you just discovered this game and were hoping for a healthy place to talk about it, I'm sorry for you, but there's just too much shit happening in the last couple of years to prevent the thread from derailing. It was this happy place, once. Now it just can't be that place ever again. BD and his choices have way too much to do with that, and that's also a fact. You can't just expect that a few dozen people out of thousands of players won't be talking shit about you: it happens when you actually deliver, so for sure it's gonna happen when you don't. It might not be nice to look at, but it's just the way it is.

Lastly, for the guy asking if the duckfaces are a kind of trolling from BD, could someone please tell me if the game still closes if you name Jamie 'Duckface' right at the start? He's been trolling his players since their very first feedback. It was funny back then, now it looks like a terrible move, yet he keeps doubling down on it. I guess it's just the way he is.

johnnyM

Mar 2, 2018
credit to cytree for this pretty comprehensive 5000ft view timeline of what the end users of WVM had to endure for quite some time now. Yes, it's a tongue-in-cheek type of list, but nonetheless, it's fairly accurate.

https://f95zone.to/threads/wvm-s2-ch-1-ep-4-braindrop.35910/post-9943160

The key takeaway is that the users have been promised many different releases, different amounts of renders, different release dates (that have been missed), etc. In that time, I believe that there were exactly 2 releases (~300, and ~400 renders), and 1 DITLO Harper (~160 renders).

Individual

Oct 4, 2022
Pull shit like this in other threads and it's post deleted and thread ban in 3.2.1 Which ironically is more likely to happen to me now than the hate fueled zealots posting their vitriol here.
The fact that the rules aren't being enforced as strictly here only goes to show how bad Braindrop is. There aren't a whole lot of developers who are as universally hated as Braindrop and rightfully so. There's developers who release updates more frequently with less financial incentive and also don't feel the need to delay ever single release a ridiculous number of times.

The entire community here (outside of the huggers and bouncers) is pretty much of the same mindset when it comes to Braindrop, so it would be kind of silly and pointless to try to silence 99% of the people posting here.

johnnyM

Mar 2, 2018
I'm gonna be honest I can't wait for the game I get the feeling we will get to play
I can see this playing out like that god-awful movie Rocky V. Skye gets injured (maybe seriously) by the "oh so evil" hipster Jax or whatever the hell his name is. Then our hero (who I still say is Chuck Norris behind the black box).... pulls a "you knocked him down, now why don't you try knocking me down".

Harper puts Moncree in, and he proceeds to score 100 points in the 4th quarter (played out in 5 cutscenes), and impregnate all the women in the stands (well the ones that Patreon allows anyways) during the team's only timeout. After the final buzzer our hero stands victorious, with confetti raining down. As Moncree is carried off the court by his harem (with a black box clearly over the MCs head)..... we cut to Cedey with a tear in her eye, "that's my brubru." ... Just for added effect we can also throw in a Michael Bay-esque explosion.

-end scene-

Last edited:

Wolfen5

Mar 4, 2019
I can see this playing out like that god-awful movie Rocky V. Skye gets injured (maybe seriously) by the "oh so evil" hipster Jax or whatever the hell his name is. Then our hero (who I still say is Chuck Norris behind the black box).... pulls a "you knocked him down, now why don't you try knocking me down".

Harper puts Moncree in, and he proceeds to score 100 points in the 4th quarter (played out in 5 cutscenes), and impregnate all the women in the stands (well the ones that Patreon allows anyways) during the team's only timeout. After the final buzzer our hero stands victorious, with confetti raining down. As Moncree is carried off the court by his harem (with a black box clearly over the MCs head)..... we cut to Cedey with a tear in her eye, "that's my brubru." ... Just for added effects we can have a Michael Bay explosion also.

-end scene-
Well, had they added an explosion at the end of Rocky V, it might have made it more palatable. :HideThePain:

Waynew91

Dec 13, 2017

Harper puts Moncree in, and he proceeds to score 100 points in the 4th quarter (played out in 5 cutscenes), and impregnate all the women in the stands (well the ones that Patreon allows anyways) during the team's only timeout. After the final buzzer our hero stands victorious, with confetti raining down. As Moncree is carried off the court by his harem (with a black box clearly over the MCs head)..... we cut to Cedey with a tear in her eye, "that's my brubru." ... Just for added effects we can also throw in a Michael Bay-esque explosion.

-end scene-
Let's hope we get the better Rocky 2 ending lol

Waynew91

Dec 13, 2017
Nah, I want the Rocky IV ending...

"If I can change, and you can change, everyone can change!"

Queue "Hearts on Fire"
If we do get the Rocky IV ending hopefully they will at least stay as our competitive rivals for the rest of the season

Wolfen5

Mar 4, 2019
Nah, I want the Rocky IV ending...

"If I can change, and you can change, everyone can change!"

Queue "Hearts on Fire"
Are you prophesizing? Because Rocky returns home and finds out he's broke, a little brain damaged begins tutoring a jerk.

• Haha
Reactions: johnnyM

Bahamut Zero

Engaged Member
Apr 27, 2017
Hi guys just yesterday i find this game and i start to play it a bit. First of all thank you for the game.
Anyway... I'm already in conflict with my own morals and ethics :ROFLMAO:
At the star of couse i choice Shauna to be a girl (i am not interessed in transgender of dickgirl).
Also because she look to gorgeous to no have her in me harem :ROFLMAO:
So i start to play and as i say i start to have some moral and ethics conflict :eek:
I'm normally always the loyal type. But the game put almost all beautiful women in front of me. So I couldn't say no to any of them. The problem is Damien :( he seemed like an ok guy right away. One of those that in real life, I would hardly stab in the back. Never cheated on a friend till now. But now I'm in front of his girlfriend XD and now I don't know what to do. Whether to be a true friend... or hit on her. How do you all usually do in these kind of situations? I know it's just a game, yet my ethics tell me I shouldn't. And I wonder... if I'm a good friend, will I have other chances with her later? This is because I hope to find some dirty laundry on Damien. So in case i fell less bad to hit on his girlfriend :ROFLMAO:

Some advice is really welcome.

Thank you

• Haha
Reactions: bufa

derpmcderp

May 30, 2020
Hi guys just yesterday i find this game and i start to play it a bit. First of all thank you for the game.
At the star of couse i choice Shauna to be a girl (i am not interessed in transgender of dickgirl).
So i start to play and as i say i start to have some moral and ethics conflict :eek:
I'm normally always the loyal type. But the game put almost all beautiful women in front of me. So I couldn't say no to any of them. The problem is Damien :( he seemed like an ok guy right away. One of those that in real life, I would hardly stab in the back. Never cheated on a friend till now. But now I'm in front of his girlfriend XD and now I don't know what to do. Whether to be a true friend... or hit on her. How do you all usually do in these kind of situations? I know it's just a game, yet my ethics tell me I shouldn't. And I wonder... if I'm a good friend, will I have other chances with her later? This is because I hope to find some dirty laundry on Damien. So in case i fell less bad to hit on his girlfriend :ROFLMAO:

Thank you
Don't worry, you can't bang Jasmine even if you want to. You also can't cheat even if you want to - everyone just decides simultaneously that you should cheat as much as possible.

Hope that helps!

Reactions: Bahamut Zero

Wolfen5

Mar 4, 2019

Thank you
Have fun with all of them, there's no choice that matters for now. No negative outcome, no deep romance, OH and no basketball.

OEJ

'Dirth ma, harellan. Ma banal enasalin. Mar solas'
Donor
Dec 9, 2017

1679455221089.png
i say this go offline and you guys are at eachothers throats :KEK:

anywho, dont go on quote posting spiral. and dont talk abt stuff thats NOT related to the thread.

come here discuss about the game and/or the dev, talk in general terms. but dont go on to attack each other for some other person who couldnt care less abt either side. reserve that stuff for WVM Off-topic there is an entire thread for that. keep this thread to pointing stuff out about the game or the dev so that new users can see and be aware of the stuff thats happening.

as i said before, support or oppose you are welcome to post here. but stop going into quote post spiral or being at eachothers throats.

P.S: no need to tell someone if they can post or not, everyone can but if they pull some stupid shit then mods will decide if they can or not. please dont bullyppl out of the thread.

P.S.S: lets get this thread a bit back into order than letting it go completely.

thnx :)

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021

View attachment 2486169
i say this go offline and you guys are at eachothers throats :KEK:

anywho, dont go on quote posting spiral. and dont talk abt stuff thats NOT related to the thread.

come here discuss about the game and/or the dev, talk in general terms. but dont go on to attack each other for some other person who couldnt care less abt either side. reserve that stuff for WVM Off-topic there is an entire thread for that. keep this thread to pointing stuff out about the game or the dev so that new users can see and be aware of the stuff thats happening.

as i said before, support or oppose you are welcome to post here. but stop going into quote post spiral or being at eachothers throats.

P.S: no need to tell someone if they can post or not, everyone can but if they pull some stupid shit then mods will decide if they can or not. please dont bullyppl out of the thread.

P.S.S: lets get this thread a bit back into order than letting it go completely.

thnx :)
....please not that thread.... preg lurks there... :(

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: preglovr12 and OEJ
3.70 star(s) 642 Votes