Lerd0

Conversation Conqueror
Donor
Jul 29, 2017

View attachment 2486169
i say this go offline and you guys are at eachothers throats :KEK:

anywho, dont go on quote posting spiral. and dont talk abt stuff thats NOT related to the thread.

come here discuss about the game and/or the dev, talk in general terms. but dont go on to attack each other for some other person who couldnt care less abt either side. reserve that stuff for WVM Off-topic there is an entire thread for that. keep this thread to pointing stuff out about the game or the dev so that new users can see and be aware of the stuff thats happening.

as i said before, support or oppose you are welcome to post here. but stop going into quote post spiral or being at eachothers throats.

P.S: no need to tell someone if they can post or not, everyone can but if they pull some stupid shit then mods will decide if they can or not. please dont bullyppl out of the thread.

P.S.S: lets get this thread a bit back into order than letting it go completely.

thnx :)
dumarea.png

• Haha
Reactions: Uthuriel

OEJ

'Dirth ma, harellan. Ma banal enasalin. Mar solas'
Donor
Dec 9, 2017
I don't really care about Jamie and I don't really care about getting her pregnant. Is there a way to avoid impregnating her? I might've fucked up somewhere.
dont think so.... since liz blabbed abt it you have to get her pregnant., maybe?
half the game is abt getting girls pregnant so :HideThePain:

Reactions: CircaAD

karumi56

Oct 7, 2019
I can see this playing out like that god-awful movie Rocky V. Skye gets injured (maybe seriously) by the "oh so evil" hipster Jax or whatever the hell his name is. Then our hero (who I still say is Chuck Norris behind the black box).... pulls a "you knocked him down, now why don't you try knocking me down".

Harper puts Moncree in, and he proceeds to score 100 points in the 4th quarter (played out in 5 cutscenes), and impregnate all the women in the stands (well the ones that Patreon allows anyways) during the team's only timeout. After the final buzzer our hero stands victorious, with confetti raining down. As Moncree is carried off the court by his harem (with a black box clearly over the MCs head)..... we cut to Cedey with a tear in her eye, "that's my brubru." ... Just for added effect we can also throw in a Michael Bay-esque explosion.

-end scene-
Replace the black boxes over the MC's head with a picture of Chuck Norris, boom 1000% improvement.
Perfect example that you posted:
https://f95zone.to/threads/wvm-s2-ch-1-ep-4-braindrop.35910/post-10319420

Last edited:

Halfwic

May 22, 2021
all the while one of my dev friend who make one of the best story based games on site is criticized for putting an option scene where the LI asks MC to lick her off (that scene is necessary to show her personality, i wasn't just for some weird kink) and is barely scraping by for some support. and you ppl write "best update" "no one can beat this" on this shit excuse of an update.
What game if you dont mind me asking? Love me a good story based game, def prefer over oonga boonga. Sorry if you already said so in a later comment. Currently at work laughing my ass off at this thread in between pallets, like I do every "release date". Wanted to ask you now just incase I forget.

Fun Shaundi

Jun 24, 2021
In case newcomers are interested, here's this info about the game. IT OBVIOUSLY CONTAINS SPOILERS, but it also explains what to expect!:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

View attachment 2486169
i say this go offline and you guys are at eachothers throats :KEK:

anywho, dont go on quote posting spiral. and dont talk abt stuff thats NOT related to the thread.

come here discuss about the game and/or the dev, talk in general terms. but dont go on to attack each other for some other person who couldnt care less abt either side. reserve that stuff for WVM Off-topic there is an entire thread for that. keep this thread to pointing stuff out about the game or the dev so that new users can see and be aware of the stuff thats happening.

as i said before, support or oppose you are welcome to post here. but stop going into quote post spiral or being at eachothers throats.

P.S: no need to tell someone if they can post or not, everyone can but if they pull some stupid shit then mods will decide if they can or not. please dont bullyppl out of the thread.

P.S.S: lets get this thread a bit back into order than letting it go completely.

thnx :)
Oh boy, seems like people are gonna take their popcorn over there now.

-------0-

Aug 1, 2021
All the things aside what we can really complain it's his word specially on the release dates, word that he doens't keep. The rest "Duck Faces" or "BlackHead's" it's just simple payback for what people say about him. When he started having problems he just needed to come forward not making excuses, or lying, don't know. If you have a problem just say it, yes people would be upset but he was straight.
Like my father always said to me: "Son when you say something and you do otherwise, you teach people that you can't be trusted , remember your word in the end it's what defines you."

Because everyone knows deep down the game isn't bad, is quite enjoyable to play. Maybe it has too many Li's instead of actual story, yes it's true.

But all of that aside let's wait for the basketball match maybe things can change after that.

Rick_Sim

Dec 19, 2022
Alright, so this is how I feel about the game, from a person who played it all the way through all current content (as of today, 03/22/2023), to starting a new game. I have the latest version available, I installed the music and cheat mod, but am mostly using it for the music as the silent games drive me nuts! I will continue to do this as I play through it. I will then do a full review after I get to the end of what will be the current content when I reach it (may be past now, S2 Episode 4, by that time) Any plot points that I feel can be spoilers for a new player, I will obscure.

With this playthrough, I want to be really observant and note what I like and dislike, even being not that far in there are a few things on both sides. I will try and keep this lighthearted and not overly positive, nor critical. A pure observation and these are my opinions, but some are facts as well as there is really no other way to put it! I have also played much more AVN games since I first started playing this, so I have a lot more knowledge of what I like, and a lot more to compare to.

While most know this, BD is Braindrop, the developer of the game. MC is main character, IMO is in my opinion, AVN is adult visual novel. With that out of the way, let's start!

Current Progress and note: I chose the cheating path, because Shauna is one of my favorite girls and I think she is hot as hell!

Just finished the first scene with Jamie, where you finger her and eat her out, then she sucks you off.

Observations on playthrough #2 up to this point:

MC Ethan:
He cares about women and treats them right mostly, yet you can make him a cheater. But would you just limit yourself to Jamie?
I overall like the way he is. He pales in comparison to the MC in Leap Of Faith and some other games, but no glaring issues, either.

He is hung absurdly big, most MC are well endowed, but he is comically big! This creates a comical effect in some scenes intended to be hot!

Shauna: She is beautiful and sexy, and due to it not being my kink and being straight, IMO I hate the fact you can make her transgender! With that being said, I guess that is better for those who like that sort of thing, choice is always good and better! I really like her and how she is written, she is attractive and does not realize just how much, unsure of herself. The writing is good on her, so props to Braindrop for a good fleshing out of her character. I have played through the current content, but I started this game a long time ago, so I remembered vaguely about her in the beginning. One of my favorite AVN girls, there are hotter, there are better, but she is up there and has a fairly realistic personality.

Jamie: Ah, poor Jamie. Not only are her looks hugely overshadowed by Shauna IMO, it is the faces she constantly makes that detracts from her more than anything else. In side views of her face, like in the first oral scene after you cuddle, she looks very attractive and borderline hot. If she always looked like that, she would give Shauna decent competition even! But most of the time, she has this goofy head position, where she is looking up at you with a pouty face. This is exactly where she looks like a duck, and it could have been easily sorted out by Braindrop, with just a little effort. You are forced to keep her as your girlfriend, even if you cheat on her with the whole state!

There was always something that annoyed me about her, even though she is intended to be written as a bit insecure, aware that Ethan is apparently every girls' dream guy, and would actually be considered pretty cool and understanding. I think more than anything else, it is the fact Braindrop forced the issue with her while making her look a little ridiculous with the faces. Even if you outright hate her, get used to her because there is nothing you can do but try and avoid choices that get you intimate with her, if you greatly dislike her. BD does not do constructive criticism, complaints get you more of what you dislike.

That being said, on the second playthrough, I like her more than I used to. She can be attractive in certain scenes, and she is pretty cool. I guess I am usually too busy looking at Shauna to pay more attention to her?

If she was one of the hottest girls, did not make that goofy face 90% of the time, and more choice was given with her, she would be greatly improved. Braindrop, being contrarian, stuck you with her, and even made sure to make sure she makes a duck face any chance she gets for good measure!

Fun fact: If you rename her Duckface in the choice screen, the game will show her looking upset and Shauna crying, and it gets stuck, says, "Beep, boop" and clicking causes it to loop between two text boxes with beeps and boops, forcing you to create a new game! While I like the humor, I would have rather that effort be put towards making her look more attractive. She can be attractive, she just pales compared to Shauna IMO. This also shows acknowledgement by BD of her looks and how people feel about her!

Story: You are a famous high school basketball player who has women, houses, gifts, and money thrown at him just about all the time, yet at least Braindrop wrote him as down to earth and not a pretentious prick! This causes jealousy dynamics and is the center of the story. This is an AVN game about a basketball player, yet it barely contains actual basketball games, more of a "trust me, bro" dynamic. Allegedly, a full on game is coming in an update, but the deadline for that has been missed and who knows when it is coming? This may disappoint people who expected basketball in a game about a basketball player. I personally think he is having a hard time writing a basketball sequence, not sure how to proceed.

Games either catch me in the beginning, or I quit them and try another if not captivated. I liked this game from the start, despite imperfections, so props to Braindrop for that! Shauna has a lot to do with that, did I mention I really like her? :ROFLMAO:

Braindrop (BD), the developer: It is no secret he pisses people off and often! While he has a great product (or we would not be here), constant empty promises are made for content. Then he leaves people completely in the dark when the time he gives comes and goes, yet nothing came that time! Questions about it on his Patreon are either given excuses (rarely) or outright deleted without response.

He is contrarian. You complain about Jamie, he forced her down your throat. You tell him she has a duck face, he ensures she maintains it or even exaggerates it further (good example, game forces you to restart if you name Jamie "Duckface"). You cannot do constructive criticism, because then he deletes your posts on Patreon, or maintains what people complain about instead of improving it.

I am not sure if he does it for the humor of it, but it comes off as he more does it to get revenge on players for daring to dislike what he does, as a middle finger response. It could be both, but it is certainly one or the other! The only person who can answer that is him, and he refuses to answer it, so you can only speculate what is going on.

I like some of his choices, question a lot of others, but overall I support him and do like his product. Sadly, his product could be much better if he maintained release schedules or at least let you know what was going on, and he could take constructive criticism and actually implement changes. Instead, the masses are trolled for everything they complain about. This may be beating a dead horse, but it is quite clear he has caused a lot of unrest with his choices and constant delays.

Music and sounds: No music and no sounds heard without the mod. F-

PROS:
  • Shauna. Written well, attractive, and mostly realistic, making her one of my favorite AVN girls.
  • Jamie is cool and even promotes you to do more of what you like later.
  • Lots of women to choose from.
  • Some characters written very well.
  • Pretty fun, the new characters keep it interesting.
  • The scenes are hot, animated, and plentiful.
  • Renders pale in comparison to some newer games, but were really good for their time and still have remained good.
  • Lots of content already and more to come.
CONS/Issues (based on playthrough to the end of the current content and starting new).
  • Jamie deserved better, could have definitely been improved on (with simple sliders and expression changes!)
  • Not much sound if any without the mod. Always takes away from the game.
  • Jamie is forced down your throat the entire game. More choice with her would have been nice, but she has her merits and is still part of your
  • Not much basketball in a game about a famous basketball player!
  • Braindrop is contrarian, you complain about it, he will be sure to keep it that way or even overuse it! Complaining about Jamie having a duck face, caused him to give you a hard time for naming her that if you choose to, while not choosing to fix her looks. He did it for humor or as a middle finger, maybe both!
  • Later game, a lot of characters are shoved in the background for new characters, you get no choice of this.
  • Some desirable women
    have no content and no way to get with them.
  • Braindrop make a lot of controversial choices, and they are there to stay whether you like it or not!
  • Constant delays and issues mentioned above.
That is it so far, from now on, I will only go by the content I am currently at.

Last edited:

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
My problem with this project:

1. things are being done that are absolutely unnecessary.

Stretching the old days over a longer period of time: I think it would have been better to leave the old periods as is and do better in future updates.

Censorships that are absolutely unnecessary. It's probably faster, but if things aren't supposed to be shown (yet), it's a more elegant and not uncommon way in movies and series to change the angle so that characters can see said thing but the audience can't (yet).

Subplots can be an asset to show an everyday life away from the MC, but such paths should only be taken if you have your project under control. Here, control obviously slipped away a while ago.

2. plot lines don't progress: the whole Bayley and Rainn situation, MC's deceased father who seems somehow intertwined in the deaths of Ryker's and Katie's parents, the whole situation with Jamie's mother.

3. a bloated cast. Characters like Tia add nothing to the value of the plot. Not nearly every character needs to be necessarily lewdable. I was about to give Willow as an example, but then it occurred to me that then, in the worst case scenario, half the characters end up as friends and the rest as sisters and cousins. Because reasons.

Adding on and on characters also has nothing to do with lateral thinking, but more with the petulant defiance of a child (or man-child).

F95 has some problems and also some more reliable developers were driven away by idiots here. And yes, even here there were quite a few bullshit comments, such as the eternal discussions, why there is no incest and so on and so forth. But in between there were also appropriate suggestions.

You can only compare it to a certain extent, but as a dungeon master in D&D I have been criticized for bad work more than once. However, I have then factually absorbed this and continue to work on my work. If you can't do that, you might not be suitable for creative work, as hard as it may sound.

What happens here has little to do with being a contrarian. At least from my perception, which does not have to be correct, it has more to do with being petulant. In my eyes, a contrarian would be someone who, unlike everyone else, doesn't use a program for a NSFW project but creates a SFW in the style of Lovecraft's cosmic horror. But hey, what do I know?

3.70 star(s) 642 Votes