Fun Shaundi

Jun 24, 2021
I've seen respected beloved creators in platforms like tapastic who abandoned once successful comics after: burnout, breakig up with creative partners, hating how the story was evolving, hating their oen art.
As soon as they felt that way, they let their followers know, and the HUGE majority supported them.
If it was a cause of burnout or not wanting to continue the story anymore, BD should have done so, most peoplr would have understoof if he was honest right away. The issue came with him venting his real life, delaying delayed content and like others said, provoking supporters with huge body proportions, Jamie and duckfaces.
The story started strong and theres a point when you notice the passion is gone. Either take a break and dont promise any comeback dates or just abandon it if thats what you wanna do. Don't do what you have been doing ib the last year.

Oct 22, 2017
I've seen respected beloved creators in platforms like tapastic who abandoned once successful comics after: burnout, breakig up with creative partners, hating how the story was evolving, hating their oen art.
As soon as they felt that way, they let their followers know, and the HUGE majority supported them.
If it was a cause of burnout or not wanting to continue the story anymore, BD should have done so, most peoplr would have understoof if he was honest right away. The issue came with him venting his real life, delaying delayed content and like others said, provoking supporters with huge body proportions, Jamie and duckfaces.
The story started strong and theres a point when you notice the passion is gone. Either take a break and dont promise any comeback dates or just abandon it if thats what you wanna do. Don't do what you have been doing ib the last year.
The big problem is - if we trust in the things BD told us early on, then he never had money, lived in a house that was close to collapse and didn't have any good job options waiting.
So when he started getting money from this in earnest, he was able to change all this.
It's easy to say 'Just tell people you can't continue and step back' - but for BD that would most likely have meant losing everything he gained in the process of making money.
I'm hugely disappointed in him, but it is understandable why he didn't just abandon having some money available.

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
Delay not unexpected, but the sleep subject is rather interesting. Probably more interesting than any plotline currently happening in game. I still can't get over the claim that dev was setting his alarm for every 90 minutes so he can work on game; though, that might explain some decisions like black box face. Now he is awake for 50 hours straight and counting (not that I actually believe it). Look up some of the effects of sleep deprivation over that duration (he would be well into stage 3 at this point).
As others stated, after 50+ hours awake, you would not be able to find and correct any software bugs. You would likely create more bugs than fix. Sure would be nice to have a paid assistant at a desperate time like this.

Wolfen5

Mar 4, 2019
The big problem is - if we trust in the things BD told us early on, then he never had money, lived in a house that was close to collapse and didn't have any good job options waiting.
So when he started getting money from this in earnest, he was able to change all this.
It's easy to say 'Just tell people you can't continue and step back' - but for BD that would most likely have meant losing everything he gained in the process of making money.
I'm hugely disappointed in him, but it is understandable why he didn't just abandon having some money available.
Add to this that making more and more income from doing what initially started as a passion project can invariably change some people. They get used to the upscaled lifestyle.
Then it becomes greed, sacrificing the project for the continued lifestyle. Become recalcitrant, adverse to criticism and downright trollish because they know they've changed but either don't see it and still believe they are the same, or no longer care.

May 15, 2022
It sounds like Braindrop has no clue on how to progress the story.

Other developers have done the harem type game and if they can't think of how to move the story forward they add more tits and ass. Pretty soon they have added 10 more girls with zero personality, the updates have been nothing but tits and ass, and the story has not moved at all. Eventually those developers abandon it or slap a completed tag on it so they can do another project.

It looks like this game is drifting towards the same outcome.

Reactions: Wolfen5

Wolfen5

Mar 4, 2019

Other developers have done the harem type game and if they can't think of how to move the story forward they add more tits and ass. Pretty soon they have added 10 more girls with zero personality, the updates have been nothing but tits and ass, and the story has not moved at all. Eventually those developers abandon it or slap a completed tag on it so they can do another project.

Sounds similar to a certain azure feline dev we know, huh? :ROFLMAO:

Feb 29, 2020

Your opinion is a fact, he has no idea what to do with the story and he didn't expect his "hobby" to be so successful, that's why he started making excuses for not releasing updates, that's why I don't believe in those "problems" he had in real life.

johnnyM

Mar 2, 2018
but this "software engineer" cant give him a simple advice that YOU DONT TEST BUG HRS BEFORE RELEASE. you do that shit atleast a couple of days before.

getting close to what?? thats not how bugs work in renpy (especially game breeaking ones) and you VN has the least amount of coding... hell it was i who told you that pressing "tab" will give indentation(you still cant do it properly :cautious:) to your code and will make it look good., not to mention how i changed you code till day 7 to look presentable. or did ya conveniently forget that? :KEK:

so you didnt learn anything in last 5 year about your source of income? you dont need to package shit in renpy, you can throw the new renders and code in your old build and it will still work.

let me give you some free advice, despite what you simps claim we know you watch this thread like a hawk. all of this is for you to improve your game:

1. Test everything atleast 2 days before release so that you have time for bugs.
2. Send it to your staff atleast a day before so that they can test it. (at least trust the ppl who ban anyone who questions you)
3. dont give out release dates like candy, despite you acknowledging that it was a mistake you still gave out this stuipid"52 Weeks 52 Updates" BS.
4. Use % system most devs are using and release amount of work you have done in that 3 to 5 days or a week so that ppl can see where you are and you dont come off as a "scammer" for writing walls of text with 'woe is me' attitude.

I have very strong feeling that you are rendering that shit in the last 5 to 7 days as i have already explained previously that even the last update that many ppl are harping on as the next best thing after sliced bread is pretty shit (lack of proper posing, fuck literally everything, and mental health/ following rules discussion with in game mac to make ppl feel bad)

Verdit: this is bull fucking shit coz i know your code in and out and its more simple than anything anyone has ever done in renpy.

BINGO. Thank you OEJ for this great reply.

I haven't opened up his code (honestly I didn't really want to), but all the while I was thinking, if you had an update 1 week ago, that worked, and now you have a delta change that doesn't work, how many lines of code do you really need to go through to figure it out? Did you not create a hard checkpoint so that you have a ground zero to debug from?

As you said though, this reeked of trying to get renders done up to the last minute. Hell, that's how last week's update played out also. Like a rushed project that honestly should have been a Beta or even Alpha release.

Reactions: OEJ and Wolfen5

Fun Shaundi

Jun 24, 2021

Eternum and After the Inferno are great examples of a Harem games with a story that has some sort of direction.
BD not only uses too many girls, but also too many elements:

- Prodigy Basketball star (main element)
- Harem (compatible with main element)
- Trying to find MC's bio family, with the sister being someone he already knew (Another element)
- Bets and people trying to fuck with MC's future (compatible with main element)
- Future Impregnation god (another element)
- Women with ungodly power over the city and college show up (another element)
- Refugee princess hiding in basement (another element)

So many thing happening at once, reminds me of those Rick&Morty movie trailers where a lot of things not related one to another happen. Most games just take 2 or 3 elements to give direction to a story, else it feels like a disorganized clusterfuck with no sense of story.
The only VN that seem to manage so many characters and different stories/elements is photohunt, and I still got dizzy every time I played it.

Rick_Sim

Dec 19, 2022
I just checked out Braindrop's Patreon and the sheer amount of BS on there is outstanding! This guy talks of all these renders and updates he has had, on top of all of the "setbacks" he constantly has. He gets people excited, but ends up not delivering the goods and always makes himself out to be under duress for a pity party. There is no person who can stay up for 50 hours plus and make a game, but people buy into it and worry about his well-being and mental health? It hurts my mental health to even go there, because it is nauseating!

You know, people say "we like to dogpile on him" and we "get off from him not releasing stuff on time". Actually, I would "get off" on him actually releasing promised stuff on time and quit with the smoke and mirrors! In fact, I bet you everyone here would love for him to get back on track and, most importantly, do what he says he will do. We are not making these dates up, he is! If we were just talking shit about him, while he was coming out with steady updates, then yes...we would be the assholes. But we are not villains for expressing anger and annoyance over the constant stream of lies, empty promises, and lack of anywhere to go with the game. Anyone who does not think he is milking his Patreon must have trouble figuring things out!

What I will not do is feel guilty for my jokes and comments, praise is earned, and I do not award praise to people who constantly lie and make up excuses. He would be the only AVN maker that has so much go wrong. RJ Rhodes promised updates to Come Home, and there has been three updates in a month, one a pretty big update which she promised and delivered on, then two bug fixes. That shows she not only cares about her fans, she wants to have a good product.

Proof that with dedication, it can be done and obviously RJ is doing well with Come Home, but cares enough to keep making content for the game. That is why I support her and will continue to do so. No smoke and mirrors, no excuses, no outright lies. I was not born stupid, and most here were not either. We know when we are being spoon-fed crap. Not everything needs to be outright said to be true.

Allegedly, this whole update was completed and even given to this mysterious Mackenize. Now he is having bugs, packaging problems, and all this other nonsense that we are supposed to believe. If he was up for 50 hours, he would be literally making himself sick and would do more harm than good, yet people buy into it. I had about 4 hours sleep (woke up due to commotion in my house with my daughter getting ready for school, and I am not at my 100%), so imagine being up for over 2 days straight without sleep how you would be!

Anyone can defend him, give him merit for what he used to do, but based on what he is currently doing? I am about ready to just forget this game as there are plenty of other games out there with developers who have a passion for their product and do not outright screw over the people who play their games. I find his lies and excuses not only outlandish, but people thinking they can come in here and attack people for expressing their mistrust of an obvious liar and milker is not right, either. Funny enough, even they acknowledge he is lying and making stuff up. Huh?

We are supposed to believe he is under duress, had no sleep for 50+ hours, and can package/playtest an update while being very active on his Patreon? Right.....

Last edited:

Wolfen5

Mar 4, 2019
I just checked out Braindrop's Patreon and the sheer amount of BS on there is outstanding! This guy talks of all these renders and updates he has had, on top of all of the "setbacks" he constantly has. He gets people excited, but ends up not delivering the goods and always makes himself out to be under duress for a pity party. There is no person who can stay up for 50 hours plus and make a game, but people buy into it and worry about his well-being and mental health? It hurts my mental health to even go there, because it is nauseating!

You know, people say "we like to dogpile on him" and we "get off from him not releasing stuff on time". Actually, I would "get off" on him actually releasing promised stuff on time and quit with the smoke and mirrors! In fact, I bet you everyone here would love for him to get back on track and, most importantly, do what he says he will do. We are not making these dates up, he is! If we were just talking shit about him, while he was coming out with steady updates, then yes...we would be the assholes. But we are not villains for expressing anger and annoyance over the constant stream of lies, empty promises, and lack of anywhere to go with the game. Anyone who does not think he is milking his Patreon must have trouble figuring things out!

What I will not do is feel guilty for my jokes and comments, praise is earned, and I do not award praise to people who constantly lie and make up excuses. He would be the only AVN maker that has so much go wrong. RJ Rhodes promised updates to Come Home, and there has been three updates in a month, one a pretty big update which she promised and delivered on, then two bug fixes. That shows she not only cares about her fans, she wants to have a good product.

Proof that with dedication, it can be done and obviously RJ is doing well with Come Home, but cares enough to keep making content for the game. That is why I support her and will continue to do so. No smoke and mirrors, no excuses, no outright lies. I was not born stupid, and most here were not either. We know when we are being spoon-fed crap. Not everything needs to be outright said to be true.

Allegedly, this whole update was completed and even given to this mysterious Mackenize. Now he is having bugs, packaging problems, and all this other nonsense that we are supposed to believe. If he was up for 50 hours, he would be literally making himself sick and would do more harm than good, yet people buy into it. I had about 4 hours sleep (woke up due to commotion in my house with my daughter getting ready for school, and I am not at my 100%, so imagine being up for over 2 days straight without sleep how you would be!

Anyone can defend him, give him merit for what he used to do, but based on what he is currently doing? I am about ready to just forget this game as there are plenty of other games out there with developers who have a passion for their product and do not outright screw over the people who play their games. I find his lies and excuses not only outlandish, but people thinking they can come in here and attack people for expressing their mistrust of an obvious liar and milker is not right, either. Funny enough, even they acknowledge he is lying and making stuff up. Huh?
Very well articulated.
I don't see the act of simply sweeping all of this "negativity" under the rug any more productive than cheering all of the "positivity" out there. It's about trying to hold BD accountable for what I feel are unethical practices.

You've nailed it my friend.
1679666362278.png

kimhuynjoong

Aug 8, 2022
I don't know how many times I've checked in today to wait for the new update... just keep waiting... That basketball game was too exciting for me! Have a good evening everyone

• Haha
Reactions: OEJ

johnnyM

Mar 2, 2018

Allegedly, this whole update was completed and even given to this mysterious Mackenize. Now he is having bugs, packaging problems, and all this other nonsense that we are supposed to believe. If he was up for 50 hours, he would be literally making himself sick and would do more harm than good, yet people buy into it. I had about 4 hours sleep (woke up due to commotion in my house with my daughter getting ready for school, and I am not at my 100%), so imagine being up for over 2 days straight without sleep how you would be!

We are supposed to believe he is under duress, had no sleep for 50+ hours, and can package/playtest an update while being very active on his Patreon? Right.....
Well said, well said indeed Rick_Sim

BFM.gif chuck-norris-thumbs-up.gif

-------0-

Aug 1, 2021
I see it already on 27th.
"Sorry guys but I was sleeping since I released the first update and I just woke up"
He is not sleeping, he is on Discord and Patreon answering.

It's unreal, 15HOURS from this post, when it should be all ready, that's why BD delayed from 20th to 23th, for sure.

Screenshot_15.png

Has to be an HIDDEN reason, that only the special ones can see.
But I suppose right now DELAY's are is trade mark.

Brain-DELAYs-Drop :p

Sorry I would Like very much to give some REACTIONS to other's but there's still a gun pointed at me :p

Screenshot_16.png

Last edited:
3.70 star(s) 642 Votes