Krynh

Engaged Member
Jan 20, 2020
or a strictly POV camera?
We could go pack to POV like it used to be. Except when the girls were lying on his chest.

I really want to piss BD off by going onto the discord and ask him when he's going to re-work Jamie and Shauna's faces seeing as he's done everyone else.

CircaAD

Oct 9, 2021
As a side note, I had always thought having a "faceless" MC was so that players could relate to them better (or self-insert I guess). I do think the black box method BD has been using recently is pretty janky, but what are people wanting instead? A face for the MC, better positioned camera shots to obfuscate his face, or a strictly POV camera?
That being said, I'm not sure indulging the players' desire to self-insert really makes much of a difference in a game where you are a 6'5" gigachad.
Given BD held the first person even through the kisses, so like you're getting kissed on the eye, I would have suggested staying in POV. For photos taken on phones, MC can handle the phone to see the pic and put his gigachad thumb over his own face while holding the relatively tiny phone. Ball game stills could be seen on a tv monitor, with any number of obstacles and spectators blocking the frame. I'm sure this thread could generate a lot more ideas than this. :cool::coffee:

Reactions: jjmayne and Minx077

Shouki

Jul 30, 2020
you do realize easter is april 9th do you not? also i believe the 3rd chunk will come out soon but it is a guess on my part.
He promised "weekly" updates, with the first being on the 3rd, so as Preggo said Easter, that implies only 1 update, and I said 4 with the month that I hoped for.

As for the 3rd chunk that will not happen. Sorry, I just woke up, so I am a bit lazy to search back for his latest Patreon post, but he said so himself. So these promised renders are basically April, or even possibly May "weekly updates" now, IF he sticks to those.

Freki

Game Developer
May 16, 2017
He promised "weekly" updates, with the first being on the 3rd, so as Preggo said Easter, that implies only 1 update, and I said 4 with the month that I hoped for.

As for the 3rd chunk that will not happen. Sorry, I just woke up, so I am a bit lazy to search back for his latest Patreon post, but he said so himself. So these promised renders are basically April, or even possibly May "weekly updates" now, IF he sticks to those.
he did not say the large chunk would become weekly stuff. just that the next release would be likely april 3rd (a week before easter) and be 250-300. you interpert it as you want to but don't make things out of nothing. in this case reading between the lines is not the way to go, if you do that you can not hold him accountable for anything because that was your interpertation of what was said and not what was actually said.

Freki

Game Developer
May 16, 2017
The black box was just a lazy design choice, nothing more.

If BD wanted the user to feel that they could self-insert themselves into the action, it should have been a POV camera all the way.
have you ever tried watching a basketball game in first person view? not much to show really. I think it was a reaction because he had not thought of how to keep the mc not specific (an no a generic face would still be specific) and he has said that it was what he came up with in the time for working with the release. but again i'm sure you can do better.

Rick_Sim

Dec 19, 2022
have you ever tried watching a basketball game in first person view? not much to show really. I think it was a reaction because he had not thought of how to keep the mc not specific (an no a generic face would still be specific) and he has said that it was what he came up with in the time for working with the release. but again i'm sure you can do better.
This is a game, not real life. It is not like we are sitting through an entire basketball game.

You could keep it interesting in first person, showing him dunking, blocking shots, lay ups, etc. Much better than black boxes, that is no doubt! He even kept the black box in a scene where he was between a woman's thighs and it was sticking up a little past her legs!

Or simply shading a male's face, putting girls/objects in front of it. There is nothing to defend, the black box has been universally hated by everyone.

Yasuo Reynald

Jul 21, 2019
I haven't yet played the last update but i guess credit is given where credit is due ( i don't remember exactle the saying) he did drop the upgrade pretty close to his deadline, albeit a fracture update but still he was "on time". For the rest, well from what i'm reading, he hasn't got fully back on track but hoping for the best. Maybe with this update being on time, he'll slowly come to sense and understand he has to work harder and get update out fast if he doesn't want to lose all the gold this game is. He got great potential with this VN and he could make way more money by not milking and doing really his job as a dev.

eltharion83

Aug 24, 2020
Surprised he put out the game this fast (by his standards...), not surprised by leaving out all the lewd stuff he promised for after the game.
I doubt he'll be able to get back really working on this and keeping any schedule, let alone the one he talks about now with weekly updates... IF (!) he really wants to start working again (...and I have some severe doubts here until proven differently for a reasonably consistent period...) he should stick to something giving him a bit more leeway like monthly updates without making any promises about the amount of content provided. He has never been able to stick to his promises, so why don't lay low and play it safe for the time being? No need for him to announce weekly three-pointers all across the field when he hasn't been able to score while standing on a ladder within reach of the basket so far? (The analogy had to be made...)
This thing counts still as semi-abandoned in my books as he puts out stuff he had "finished forever ago" - that's the summary of the things he himself said so far...

The potential of this game has been great, let's see if he can get his sh*t together and work for it or if it will be just another file in the cold-case drawer...

Edit: The laziness has to be checked in other places as well: having decent renders is good, but what's with this stupid black square? Blurr the head/face if you want to but putting a damn black square in those renders ruins them completely and is some '95-amateur-paint-crap...

Jan 14, 2023
1) Acknowledgement that the WVM code is "Giga Easy" after OEJ called BD out when BD played the "i'm looking over all this code to find the bug" garbage.

View attachment 2501655

2) Trying to actually spoon-feed us more BS that he starts his release process 1 week prior to release and that's when all his play testing / debugging / fixing things that feel off is happening.

View attachment 2501656
He's adapting to quite a lot of posts, mostly *cough* ours. It's word-for-word stuff we've already handed to him in this thread, knowing he reads it. He may come out of it a better developer, if he actually learns from it and applies it, so there's a bit of hope still there.

But come on, that Babylon joke + layup was straight genius (we're aware it's all going to get pruned, but the jokes are worth it). Oh, and that really was ancient Sumerian. ^^

After Chapter 2 started, promised updates have become almost always delayed by a month or several. What he says he has done and what we all get are definitely not as grand. Mackenzie appeared, the only other person who has as much happen to herself as Braindrop does to his life. The game focus is no longer there, what he is making is not working for everyone, and suddenly the former quality is no where near where it was. Black boxes, duck faces, and now the new normal has become naked women running around, bigger T and A, and redone characters. The more you talk about these things negatively, the more they become part of WVM.=
This actually raises a good question, one that I really can't understand / parse out without thinking some other things.

Ok, come with me here:

a) You have promised Xk renders for 18 months now
b) You don't have the renders
c) You change all the models making new renders (and the issue of cloning / canibalism raised by another poster)
d) compared to the original build, it all looks... a lot more amateurish

So, here's something dark and dirty you probably don't want to think about (I'm thinking about it just 'cause I read a game thread in these very forums involving real pr0n actors + dedicated phone apps and so on where it's clear Organised Crime is in play, even with the Dev stating he'd had an "unfortunate accident that had impacted his health" aka, he owed them fucking money)

a) You sit down and front-load a project - cost is about $25k if you're real serious about it, but this is Patreon / Pr0n, so call it $10k
b) You ram the PR / Patreon / Updates for a year (and gain the, let's call it $40k Patreon feed in, minus taxes) and hit a magic number of subs - let's call it 5k
c) You then sell that asset for, let's say.... $125k... but this is the biggest hit of the year + look at all that lovely Patreons etc, so call it $250k, because you're giving someone a) a revenue stream, b) a window in "how to launder money fast" and c) you can move onto the next big thing
d) some chump (in the worst case scenario someone who thinks they're the next big Artist, in most cases the Uncles' pathetic son who can front the proceeds to make it look legit, basically pick some fool who is happy to spend 60+ hrs a week on a Discord chatting shit to muppets) takes it over and fucks it up for 2+ years and can't even render the same models
e) Do it three times, but each time you can point to the suckers who paid out over those two years of tail ends (and the laundered cash is 0% tax free, you're paying yourself minus a Patreon cut but better yet, it's clean as a whistle and *you don't have to make reality based companies or fronts to do it* < expensive bit and where you get nicked a lot of the time *and* you can do it across National boundaries without too many questions), so each time you get to use prior case as a multiplier for just how a good idea it is to do this.
f) In three years, you're a millionaire and people pay you contracted rates to set this up for them. 2024 - big on goblins, a little fairy tells me.

g) If new buyers attempted to screw you / annoyed you a lot, you didn't give them original assets because their Legal Docs were written by non-professionals and you decided, "Whelp, fuck them then". New owners don't have access to original models etc, because they failed to purchase them.

Tell me how different this looks.

If you're wondering about the whole "Gave Mackenzie full access to the Patreon", you can kinda do it legally. Make it a LLC, then swap Directors / CTOs etc. Companies House (UK) does this all the time. Your name is still on the tag, but LLC private is gonna give you a load of freeway as a "private sale" especially if you set the initial share holding to like 3 or 10 or whatever. And... as far as I can see... Patreon is ultra-cool with LLCs etc being the fronts, just like Kickstarter.

~

I mean, if you wanted to think about this as adults not just jack your pudding to 7' tall beanstalks playing a silly ball game.

But, you know: perhaps BD is just a muppet. Original 1,0 release suggested he wasn't, but hey.

Last edited:

atomicp

Feb 25, 2018
I was thinking about BD's "method" of proofreading, having some experience in the area myself.

That's one of, if not THE most amateurish mistake one can make.

Like, our brains are wired to not do that. We become blind to details such as spelling, grammar and even semantics, because our brains operating on auto / instinct.

We don't see our own typos, our mistakes because what we see on the screen is competing with the version that exists in our heads - and let's be honest, you already have the idea where to go with a sentence.

Then again, he might suffer from Anne Rice's "too good for editing" syndrome"

Jan 14, 2023
I was thinking about BD's "method" of proofreading, having some experience in the area myself.

Like, our brains are wired to not do that. We become blind to details such as spelling, grammar and even semantics, because our brains operating on auto / instinct.

We don't see our own typos, our mistakes because what we see on the screen is competing with the version that exists in our heads - and let's be honest, you already have the idea where to go with a sentence.

Just stick with "Is this BD the original BD", it's gonna get you a lot further along this path.

Reactions: Rick_Sim

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
Oh, I absolutely notice them, almost constantly. The main reason I have posts full of them here is because a lot of my posts since last October have been done on a crappy cellular phone screen-based keyboard, so I'm typing shit wrong all the time and I just can't be arsed to fix most of it.

I greatly enjoy reading, and I have since I was a wee child, so the written word is something I tend to scrutinize fairly well. I am (occasionally) victim to completely missing a word, however. My brain is a bastard at filling in missing data sometimes just to make something more coherent, but typos stand out a great deal, as does people frequently mis-using apostrophes and the like.

atomicp

Feb 25, 2018
Oh, we do catch our own typos with practice. But I'm talking about proofreading itself, y'know?

Large blocks of text as in pages of a book. Most people tend to just skim, even more so if it's your own stuff!

Fun Shaundi

Jun 24, 2021
Well, I started my AVN game and it is coming around. I am learning DAZ 3D and Ren'py at the same time, so it may take me a while to get a better workflow.

I have a fairly powerful computer, the issue is I am running an AMD video card, so I cannot use it for Nvidia IRay in DAZ 3Dand must rely on my CPU to do the rendering. I just upgraded my computer a little over a month ago from my older Ryzen 9 setup.

My computer:

Intel Core i9 13900K (Raptor Lake)
Asus Z690 Gaming WIFI motherboard
G. Skill Trident Z5 DDR5 Z5 RGB DDR5 6000
XFX Speedster SWFT 390 Radeon 6900XT video card
Topping E50 DAC for audio output
Sabrent Rocket Q 2 TB NVMe Drive PCI-Express 4.0
Seagate Ironwolf 12 TB data drive
EVGA G2 1000 Watt Gold power supply
Thermaltake Core P3 Pro TG case (wall mounted)
Yamaha TSR-700 (RX-V6A) receiver
NHT SuperOne 2.1 speakers
RSL Speedwoofer 10s
42" LG C2 OLED TV (Monitor)

Meet one of the main girls in my story, Lydia.
View attachment 2505661

This scene took my computer roughly 14 minutes to render.

View attachment 2505651

But a more complex scene, like this one? It took it 1 hour and 22 minutes. My CPU was averaging about 71-72 degrees the whole time as well, with occasional spikes to 82. I am a complete amateur with 3D modeling but I am pretty pleased with my progress. I guess selling my 6900XT and investing in a Nvidia card would help with the rendering times.

No duck faces! For comparison?

View attachment 2505657

This is from a person who as of two days ago, was having trouble creating scenes. I have a long way to go, but I am happy with the results thus far. I will make a Patreon and have the game in it's own thread soon.
The face proportions are gorgeous too. I won't shit on BDs faces cause that might be his style, but it's refreshing to see realistic normal faces for a chance.
I'd also suggest you open your own thread so you don't get in trouble with 'offtopic' issues. You could also put the link to it in your signature to grab people's attention. Good luck with the VN!

Reactions: Rick_Sim
Sep 16, 2021
I haven't yet played the last update but i guess credit is given where credit is due ( i don't remember exactle the saying) he did drop the upgrade pretty close to his deadline, albeit a fracture update but still he was "on time". For the rest, well from what i'm reading, he hasn't got fully back on track but hoping for the best. Maybe with this update being on time, he'll slowly come to sense and understand he has to work harder and get update out fast if he doesn't want to lose all the gold this game is. He got great potential with this VN and he could make way more money by not milking and doing really his job as a dev.
this exact paragraph could be said 2 years ago and be accurate. It’s a little old and worse for wear now

derpmcderp

May 30, 2020

So much of writing happens in the editing process that any writer who says they are "too good for editing" is out of their fucking mind IMO. Editing is taking your primordial goo and turning it into revelation.

uwunya69

Aug 6, 2021
Hey yall, having a bit of an issue. Starting with image d32-2637 (right after the tipoff), I've got only black screens. Would the easy solution be to just redownload the game? 1680156563884.png

3.70 star(s) 642 Votes