MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
Regarding the basketball game:

A question out of interest: BD says he uses the black box out of necessity. I am now wondering:

Since he has to build the scenes anyway, wouldn't it be easier to do the scenes with the MC from the POV view and then switch back and forth between scenes with other players and commentators? Especially for scenes with the commentators, he could save quite a bit of rendering if he would make 2-3 expressions for commentators (neutral, happy, upset) and then swap them out depending on the situation, with text boxes adjusted accordingly.

And if you want to have some variance, you could do a render now and then where MC's body is visible, but his face is conveniently covered by the waving hands of a teammate ("Hey MC, pass me the ball!").

But this is something I commented on back in the infamous Harper DITLO update: If you go at it with a spark of creativity and nonsense you can cover up stuff that shouldn't be shown, or shouldn't be shown yet, without black boxes or over-scrawling. But well, what do I know as a GIMP amateur?

Reactions: Breezerr

Strong1

Aug 13, 2022
So when do these supposedly weekly releases start? (yes I have followed BD for a while and know he has made this promise many times before. lol)

artofwar

Mar 17, 2020
If he is truly doing it for "fun" then he wouldn't be charging anyone money via Patreon. He would accept optional donations, but make it free to download for everyone with no tiers. The level of bullshit is massive.
IDK, if I was pulling in 20k a month to sit on my ass and write a few excuses every now and then I think I'd find it pretty fun

atomicp

Feb 25, 2018
How long until BD starts counting animation frames as renders?
Also, downloading 5GB+ ~ once a week is gonna get old for a lot of people. Hopefully he'll consider releasing "update only" downloads.
If you think about it, it's brilliant way out! Huge ass renders, tons of disk space. And then suddenly...

BD says he has bandwidth limiting issues, so he just can't upload as he would like to, but all fans understand!

But rest assured, he's totally doing them. Yep! Anytime now!

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
If he is truly doing it for "fun" then he wouldn't be charging anyone money via Patreon. He would accept optional donations, but make it free to download for everyone with no tiers. The level of bullshit is massive.
Maybe I'm misremembering, but I think he goes back and forth between "doing this for fun" and this being his job based on what his fans are saying. If he gets critiqued or put under too much pressure, he's just doing this as a hobby and sometimes makes mistakes etc. We get those 10k word long personal essays that lay out all of his personal issues. Other times, he works all the time and needs money for his family and other things. And we get a different 10k word long personal essay.

Regardless, this is his primary (if not only) income. Not to say you can't have a job you think is fun and make good money at the same time, that is everyone's dream scenario. But with BD, especially since he tells us all about his mental issues and such which can be attributed to this game to some degree, I doubt this game is very fun for him these days.

badikruio

Oct 13, 2019
I haven't kept up on the conspiracy posting - is there a conspiracy that the 'original' BD sold his game and online presence to someone else who is just calling himself BD? I think I've seen that posted. Sounds like a fun conspiracy to investigate.

GeppettoPossum

Game Developer
Oct 29, 2019
I haven't kept up on the conspiracy posting - is there a conspiracy that the 'original' BD sold his game and online presence to someone else who is just calling himself BD? I think I've seen that posted. Sounds like a fun conspiracy to investigate.
Yeah there was a post a couple pages back of someone speculating that the original BD cashed out once the game got big and was replaced by someone far less capable.

3.70 star(s) 642 Votes