Rick_Sim

Dec 19, 2022
Maybe I'm misremembering, but I think he goes back and forth between "doing this for fun" and this being his job based on what his fans are saying. If he gets critiqued or put under too much pressure, he's just doing this as a hobby and sometimes makes mistakes etc. We get those 10k word long personal essays that lay out all of his personal issues. Other times, he works all the time and needs money for his family and other things. And we get a different 10k word long personal essay.

Regardless, this is his primary (if not only) income. Not to say you can't have a job you think is fun and make good money at the same time, that is everyone's dream scenario. But with BD, especially since he tells us all about his mental issues and such which can be attributed to this game to some degree, I doubt this game is very fun for him these days.
It must be a hell of a rough life! To make a lot more money than you ever had out of creativity.

And here I thought my life was rough, working 40-60 hours plus in manufacturing! Or when I was a track laborer for the Indiana Harbor Belt railroad, working in extreme heat and cold on railroad tracks.

I cannot even imagine the physical and mental anguish of making an adult visual novel and being well known! :rolleyes:

Rick_Sim

Dec 19, 2022
I haven't kept up on the conspiracy posting - is there a conspiracy that the 'original' BD sold his game and online presence to someone else who is just calling himself BD? I think I've seen that posted. Sounds like a fun conspiracy to investigate.
You know, it is not beyond the realm of possibility. Cat brought that up before, but think of the facts. The redesigned characters are nothing like the originals. Black boxes, plenty of excuses with very little progress. Their online presence definitely seems more like an emulation than the real thing.

No other well known maker of these games (Dr PinkCake, UnderGrad Steve, RJ Rhodes, Ocean, etc.) has changed and they have kept their products consistent and/or improved. Yet only Braindrop seems completely different. Making up mental health issues (even stress can be considered a mental health issue) to mask the fact you are not really BD and then bringing in a "Mackenzie". Is Mackenzie the first name of Braindrop's new online presence, or just a name they like? He did say Mackenzie was taking over his PR while he works on the game.

The new Braindrop, if there is indeed a new one, likes to rake in the money, but comes out with a much inferior story, the character models have changed, black boxes suddenly appeared. Now, the new characters seem to have big butts and boobs and the redesigns look nothing like the originals (definitely missing details the old ones have, like beauty marks and such). It went from professional looking to amateur hour, not to mention the story has completely tanked compared to the original material.

To answer, it is not impossible and evidence points towards it. Most conspiracy theories are easy to shrug off, but in this case it could very well be the case! The problem is, it is not likely going to be an easy thing to discover.

marcusTSt

Feb 25, 2023
I haven't kept up on the conspiracy posting - is there a conspiracy that the 'original' BD sold his game and online presence to someone else who is just calling himself BD? I think I've seen that posted. Sounds like a fun conspiracy to investigate.
I think it's still Braindrop but he hired someone to do the renders and forgot to tell them it's a POV game.

JGNeon

Feb 24, 2021
hey guys, my last update that I played was chapter 3. where can I get chapter 4?
Chapter 5 contains everything from the beginning, including chapter 3 and 4. Just download the latest, transfer the "saves" folder (if you're like me, and you like to switch between computers), and load the save you made near the end of your last play.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: saktyvis

401Grem

May 14, 2017
WVM [S2 Ch. 1 Ep. 5] Compressed

Original Size Win/Linux: 4.31 GB

Compressed Size Win/Linux: 1.23 GB: - WORKUPLOAD
Compressed Size Mac: 1.20 GB: - WORKUPLOAD

Compressing process reduces image/audio/video quality and can break the game, be aware of that.

You can find all of my Walkthrough Mods content here:
or you can
Check out my
Why compress it, and then upload to slow servers, it takes literally less time to down load the full version on gofile, then the compressed on workupload. But thank you none the less.

Reactions: affque

johnnyM

Mar 2, 2018
You know, it is not beyond the realm of possibility. Cat brought that up before, but think of the facts. The redesigned characters are nothing like the originals. Black boxes, plenty of excuses with very little progress. Their online presence definitely seems more like an emulation than the real thing.

No other well known maker of these games (Dr PinkCake, UnderGrad Steve, RJ Rhodes, Ocean, etc.) has changed and they have kept their products consistent and/or improved. Yet only Braindrop seems completely different. Making up mental health issues (even stress can be considered a mental health issue) to mask the fact you are not really BD and then bringing in a "Mackenzie". Is Mackenzie the first name of Braindrop's new online presence, or just a name they like? He did say Mackenzie was taking over his PR while he works on the game.

The new Braindrop, if there is indeed a new one, likes to rake in the money, but comes out with a much inferior story, the character models have changed, black boxes suddenly appeared. Now, the new characters seem to have big butts and boobs and the redesigns look nothing like the originals (definitely missing details the old ones have, like beauty marks and such). It went from professional looking to amateur hour, not to mention the story has completely tanked compared to the original material.

To answer, it is not impossible and evidence points towards it. Most conspiracy theories are easy to shrug off, but in this case it could very well be the case! The problem is, it is not likely going to be an easy thing to discover.
Let's get Ace on the case.

finkle.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Rick_Sim

Rick_Sim

Dec 19, 2022
"Hey guys, Braindrop here!

Now that Mackenzie is going to climb Mount Everest after returning from her African Safari and Walmart in New Hampshire, I might get delayed for 2-6 months +/- 3 years, please be patient!

In this next update, I have 2500+ renders packaged and ready to go, but Amazon delivered my USB key to the wrong house 3 cities away, so I have no way of transferring the update and sending it to Mackenzie in Kathmandu. I am uncertain how long shipping will be, please be patient (x2!).

I know I promised weekly updates, but my monitor took a shit on me and a left-handed kid name Kevin broke in and took my hard drive (that little bastard). People have to realize and appreciate how tirelessly I work to try and come up with these excuses. Especially for a guy with serious mental issues and Mackenzie!

About those black boxes, I know everyone hates the fuck out of them, so I have decided to put more of them and even put one on Ethan's neighbors' dog. Everyone wants Harper, so I decided to include a romanceable bull dyke named Jerome. I also observed people complaining about the new big boobs and butts, so I made every woman in the game devour about 20 cheeseburgers. More cushion for the pushing! Now Jamie looks like Jared Fogle from Subway.

I am more focused than ever to lead everyone on and keep promising shit I have no intention on doing. My job is to overpromise and underdeliver, yours is to keep donating and keep my half-assed interest flowing for this game.

I am on schedule to pretend I will do weekly updates, so keep checking and being disappointed because I am tired of having to write a game while being active on my Patreon!

So between here and the second coming of Christ, the next update will come and I hope you enjoy waiting for it as much as I enjoyed delaying it!

The next update will feature all kinds of stuff everyone wants, so keep visiting me on the $10.00 tier on Patreon, so I can feed you more insight into my reasons nothing is happening."

Jimayo

Jan 1, 2018
When's the season 1 remake coming? Real annoying to have continuations of plots that are yet to exist. Constantly going

Reactions: EJW

Call190Now

Feb 4, 2019
How long until BD starts counting animation frames as renders?
Also, downloading 5GB+ ~ once a week is gonna get old for a lot of people. Hopefully he'll consider releasing "update only" downloads.
weekly updates are probably going to have update-only packages at some point, I've seen him saying that he planned to add that as a download option for a while now

Oct 22, 2017
So he addressed the ever-changing models: "Everything grows and changes".

No shit they grow - and while I have sympathy for the fact that with such a drawn-out development someones likes can change in the meantime - you simply don't change your models every update - and if it was such a passion project and he wants it to be perfect, he would change the past images too.

Still, changing all LIs to thick girls with asses and thighs that amass 50% of their body weight where they weren't in the beginning, is something like changing the games' forwarded kinks? No regards the direction, this is a slap in your supporters' face if they weren't part of the decision, which they weren't.

But I guess this is ok because he just shares what he really likes at this point in time and its all just for fun and giggles.

Also the black boxes. How can you be a perfectionist and then change the style you censor faces with (or don't, every part of the MCs face was already in images if I remember correctly) every few scenes. You define a way and use it. And if you change it, make it consistent damn it.
This should be postproduction, so nothing easier than using another filter/mask/whatever.

This is like this miniature game Kickstarter I pledged for and all miniatures had square bases, but 1! Boss got an oval one ...

Last edited:
Reactions: Rick_Sim

derpmcderp

May 30, 2020
bd throwing new girls constantly so at this rate we have happy birthdays every day soon. also one more in every 4 year; and that last LI will be more needy and clingy than others, god help us.
It's a hilarious, unintentional, near-constant reminder that he never hits his timelines. The thread gets updated with one of his 85 characters' birthdays all the time.

StantheMan69

Aug 10, 2017
So tomorrow the big April 3 update. Start of the 52 of 52 update thing. Guess will see if we get the update or an excuse. My moneys on an excuse or excuses feel its a safer bet at this point. I think we will be get 52 excuses for 52 of weeks of delays but we will see.

• Haha
Reactions: mofonistik and bufa
Oct 22, 2017
So tomorrow the big April 3 update. Start of the 52 of 52 update thing. Guess will see if we get the update or an excuse. My moneys on an excuse or excuses feel its a safer bet at this point. I think we will be get 52 excuses for 52 of weeks of delays but we will see.
At this point I prefer the excuses - they are high quality and never cease to amaze me, while the games' quality deteriorates with each update right now.

So yay for 52 delays - something to laugh over every week.

Jace_Herondale

Apr 2, 2020
I feel like we may get an excuse but we will get this update before two-digit number on calendar

3.70 star(s) 642 Votes