MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
unpopular opinion I reckon but I just had to get it off my chest.
Probably not nearly as unpopular as you might think.

You mention some things that are quite true and have already been mentioned by others.

Building a VN with so many LIs is Sisyphean effort. It's not for nothing that some of the more successful VNs (I don't know all of them, so it's possible I'm being rather subjective there) have a main cast of LIs that is usually in single digits, and possibly occasional side LIs. And even those try to evolve, and the better ones manage to do so visually. Here, however, you see rather the opposite: the quality decreases and the time for progress grows to a level like I have seen so far in plots of a sandbox story, where things have to be considered and coded for all possible constellations.

I think it would have been easier if BD would have concentrated on a certain number of LI until WVM would have been finished and then ask Patreons which ladies from a selection of X should become LIs.

I think ladies with primary focus in such a scenario could have been Jamie, Shauna, Liz, Bailey, Harper, Natalie, Stacy, Jasmine, Zoe and maybe Katie (with the old design) and Kimmy the focus, with following storylines:

Jamie and the conflict with her mother.
Shauna and whatever is going on with the parents.
Bailey and the situation around Rainn.
Harper with the pressure to finally deliver a successful season.
Helping Natalie overcome Harper's trauma.
Rebuilding the old friendship with Stacy
Showing Jasmine what a real relationship feels like
Finding and fixing Zoe and the source of her commitment anxiety
Katie and the mystery surrounding Ethan's father and her parents' passing. And that the students and faculty don't trust her because of her brother and uncle
Kimmy the sports rivalry she has toward Ethan, find out what kind of problem her cousin has with him, and help the two establish a friendly sports rivalry that spurs them both to high performance.

jamiehmcw91

May 28, 2021
I know you have the choice at the start to have Shauna as trans. I have always played Shauna as a female. But would it chage the game if you have her as a trans(shemale) if she would fuck some of the MC's girls.

Jace_Herondale

Apr 2, 2020
I know you have the choice at the start to have Shauna as trans. I have always played Shauna as a female. But would it chage the game if you have her as a trans(shemale) if she would fuck some of the MC's girls.
No. She's just trans. It also makes Peny trans. And that way her (Penny's ) fascination with MC and Shona's relationships makes more sense

The ArcKnight

Nylon enthusiast, Harem enjoyer.
Donor
May 19, 2018
Okay got to play this after a while away and got to play the BB game.
Holy shit, that was actually REALLY good! I was one of those who absolutely did not want the sports part of this harem game but I was pleasantly surprised much like I was for Katie's new model!

Like, holy shit, loving the gothy look for Katie. I always felt her model was kinda meh, the skin and face shape from the old model reminded me of something out of Bad Memories, which didn't fit the quality of the other models so glad she got an update. Loooooove the goth look.

Also, the "Don't touch my Brubru" had me laughing my ass off.

Now, I don't trust this dev to keep to his deadlines but what he has put out has been good. Just wish he wasn't a fuckin liar about his schedule. I remember when he was one of the best regarded devs on this site... but just goes to show you burn out is real and combine it with lying to your audience about the work you actually do is a recipe for distrust and disaster.

Wish he could change but fuck me if he isnt still making a killing on patreon... so no excuse to do so, right?

Fucking shame, when he ACTUALLY produces, its fuckin great!
Oh well, see ya'll in another year.

derpmcderp

May 30, 2020
So I finally played the new update, but I decided to start over from the top and do some counting just because I think numbers better illustrate points.

This game has 80 named characters. This doesn't include side characters that are only present to advance a scene, like "bouncer" or "ninja that hands you a message" and also obviously doesn't include background girls going crazy for you. Of those 80 characters, 62 of them are female. That's 75%. Of those 62, 32 of them are available to be romanced in some way. That's just named characters, many of which have significant screen time. This doesn't include what I call bonus hoes (currently 9 unnamed girls that want to fuck you that just randomly show up and the old nurse lady).

And that's just so far - many of the ones that aren't romanceable likely will be in the future, and that doesn't even take into account the new characters he intends to add. If this doesn't paint a picture of why this narrative has gone absolutely off the rails, I dunno what does.

But don't take my word for it - try and name them all. I will even leave a hint for each one and list them in alphabetical order to help:

______ "not her government name"
______ wannabe bodyguard
______ Coffee shop girl
______ 1st "arrangement" girl
______ swim team coach?
______ musician
______ adoptive mom
______ cheerleader
______ a new classmate pretending not to be
______ designs clothes
______ second "arrangement" girl's wife
______ overweight classmate
______ middle/high school announcer
______ real sister
______ movie star
______ girlfriend's sister
______ cheerleader
______ news crew girl 1
______ BBW fangirl
______ owns a diner I guess
______ manages the other colors
______ movie star
______ "basketball coach"
______ news crew girl 2
______ main girlfriend
______ Damien's girlfriend
______ Charles' daughter
______ 2nd "arrangement" girl
______ swimming star of WVM
______ TTU student with crush 1
______ school counselor
______ nurse
______ MC's PR person
______ childhood friend's mom
______ girlfriend's mom
______ news anchor
______ coach's daughter
______ TTU student with crush 2
______ cooks food on the internet
______ diner waitress
______ Streamer
______ adoptive mom's boss
______ classmate
______ plus sized model
______ classmate
______ Side girlfriend
______ teammate
______ childhood friend
______ runaway princess
______ shower girl
______ police officer
______ Nathan's mom
______ teacher
______ real mom
______ weird cult leader and secret owner of WVM
______ model
______ nurse's friend
______ Hearts for Hope girl
______ cheerleader
______ cheerleader's mom

My favorite romantic line of dialogue from the update was "I'll keep you mentally sound and pleased." Very natural and definitely something a human would say to another human.

artofwar

Mar 17, 2020
But don't take my word for it - try and name them all. I will even leave a hint for each one and list them in alphabetical order to help:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
My favorite romantic line of dialogue from the update was "I'll keep you mentally sound and pleased." Very natural and definitely something a human would say to another human.
Love the idea and that could be fun to play around with for a bit. I think you should put the first letter in there for the names though because ordered hints that double up like 'cheerleader' or 'classmate' is a bit much. That said, if the hints are about as descriptive as they can be, like 'adoptive mom's boss' then I don't see a need for a first letter.

The dialogue of the whole game can be summed up with "Very natural and definitely something a human would say to another human" imo. The walking car going around "brumbrumbruuumbruuuuuuuuu" is solid evidence for that imo.

• Haha
Reactions: CircaAD

derpmcderp

May 30, 2020
Love the idea and that could be fun to play around with for a bit. I think you should put the first letter in there for the names though because ordered hints that double up like 'cheerleader' or 'classmate' is a bit much. That said, if the hints are about as descriptive as they can be, like 'adoptive mom's boss' then I don't see a need for a first letter.
I thought about that but I felt that it better spells out the redundancy of some characters in the narrative - a lot of characters are only different in the sense of having different bodies. But I can easily redo it with the first letter if people want.

eltharion83

Aug 24, 2020
I thought about that but I felt that it better spells out the redundancy of some characters in the narrative - a lot of characters are only different in the sense of having different bodies. But I can easily redo it with the first letter if people want.
I guess it's not needed. Most characters who are somewhat redundant are backed up by a second related character, for example, "cheerleader and cheerleaders mom", clearly Zoe and Zoelle. There are other mentionings of cheerleaders but they can be pointed out by the other characters above or beyond them. I got all but 3. 2 I simply don't know the names and one I'm quite sure I got the name wrong.

3.70 star(s) 642 Votes