WheresLucifer

Sep 1, 2018
Let’s be realistic here. Do you really think he has testers? I’m pretty sure he doesn’t or we wouldn’t have been seeing trans models that weren’t supposed to be trans models in the last update. Unless of course his tester is the beloved McKenzie. That might explain things. LOL!
LOL. I can be realistic... I dont care if BD have testers or not. I dont care if he provide the hard or soft release date for the coming up update. It funny when BD release the Dev update reports and how others comment it. I just usually say "be patience and the update will be out whenever it ready". No needs for hard or soft date when it going to be release or not.

Have a great day and be safe... Also have a good and safe holidays... (y)

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
LOL. I can be realistic... I dont care if BD have testers or not. I dont care if he provide the hard or soft release date for the coming up update. It funny when BD release the Dev update reports and how others comment it. I just usually say "be patience and the update will be out whenever it ready". No needs for hard or soft date when it going to be release or not.

More like the update will come whenever BrainDead gets off his overpaid clown ass and makes it. He shouldn't give any date if he's not going to even come close to them, which he basically never does. He's blown past almost every date he's given all year, no idea who you're trying to convince of what with this nonsense.
Have a horrible day and some truly awful holidays.

kansasdude

Sep 13, 2017
I'm at the point where MC finds the girls in the woods...does sexual stuff with coach...gets his own office (S2-C1-E10), without spoiling much, does the MC talk to Rach about Ceder's child friend or does he forget?

timsoel

Jul 17, 2023
I'm at the point where MC finds the girls in the woods...does sexual stuff with coach...gets his own office (S2-C1-E10), without spoiling much, does the MC talk to Rach about Ceder's child friend or does he forget?
He brings it up later, but no real movement.

Reactions: VOYEUR

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021

Where I come from there's a saying that's difficult to translate, but in English it reads like this: Once you've ruined your reputation, you can live a carefree life. As I said, it sounds better in my native language and even rhymes a bit. But what I'm getting at is this:

BD has had a rather poor track record over the last few years in terms of quality and quantity of updates. I've given enough examples of this in the past: Blockface MC, the way he "censored" Harper's feminine attributes in her Ditlo update as examples could have - I assume it's possible in DAZ3D - simply worked with angles, arms and objects in such a way that the things that shouldn't be shown, such as MC's face are hidden as a result. I don't know why BD didn't do that, I don't know anything about DAZ, but I think someone with experience with the program will be able to tell you if that's possible. Assuming it is possible, here are possibilities why he didn't do it:

1. he just didn't come up with the idea.
2. censoring Harper's naked body and MC's face was the path of least effort.

While 1 is weak, but might fall under "not seeing the forest for the trees" 2 is just weak. And honestly, any small child tthat can hold a pencil can scribble over a picture to cover things up.

Then we come to the matter of the inflationary mass of LIs. I think, at best, it's the sheer mass of LIs that holds the plot back. Since the charity bowling event, the plot has been pretty much bobbing around. At worst, BD himself has no idea where he wants to go with the plot and just throws new LIs into every update along the lines of "as long as people have new wank material nobody will care about the plot". I'm neither an author, developer nor a Dungeon Master with the experience of Matt Mercer, but even I realize that an LI cast that would probably be enough for 3-4 Harem-VN is too much and that the quality of the plot has dropped massively.

Then we have the whole situation with his PR manager MacKenzie. I have also given enough reasons in the past why the whole situation - from a neutral point of view - is dubious at best. And I'm still relatively certain this person was an AI, if developers of bad video games (Gollum) can throw out AI responses as an excuse, why shouldn't BD move with the times?

Last but not least, his update posts. I'll just take his last update posted here on Monday for this:

Paragraph 1: Very rough update timing.
Paragraph 2: Time period for his holiday break.
Paragraph 3: About the season 1 revision, basically "I want to say something, but I don't know how much". This paragraph is over 60 words to say nothing at the end of the day.
Paragraph 4: Continuation of paragraph 3, again lots of words to say that new features and changes are coming.
Paragraph 5: Information about the features and changes should come after the update. Instead of wasting 3 paragraphs on this, he could have just written "I'm working on changes and features. Examples will probably come with the new update."
Paragraph 6: Bottom line: I'm busy and apart from Update 13, there's not much coming at the moment.
Paragraph 7: Ask questions if something is unclear.

In general, this whole update feels like a school essay that had a minimum amount of words as a requirement, since a lot of the things that are said are just "blah blah blah" to make the update post seem bigger than it actually is.

Last but not least: Why is BD getting so much heat? Like I said, what he's delivered the last few years, when he has delivered, has been weak. I'm not one to complain when a dev misses his stated deadline, in fact I'm quite generous with at least one dev as he's always missed his self-imposed deadline the last few updates. So why am I giving this dev this chance and not BD? Because this unnamed dev also delivers the update after a few days without pushing it back months and delivering novels with reasons why his internet provider only allows him to upload the updates when Mars, Venus and the sun are in the right constellation. In short: Trust has to be earned and BD would probably have to deliver updates consistently and punctually for at least the next 1-2 years that are convincing in terms of quality without having to complain that he can't upload anything because his teething child has chewed through his HDMI cable and he can't get a new one because a gas truck has run over his car.

karumi56

Oct 7, 2019
Let’s be realistic here. Do you really think he has testers? I’m pretty sure he doesn’t or we wouldn’t have been seeing trans models that weren’t supposed to be trans models in the last update. Unless of course his tester is the beloved McKenzie. That might explain things. LOL!
I tried to find where this was last discussed in this thread, around September. What I remember was there was a Minddrop that seemed to let slip that there are no testers, that Braindrop does the testing himself. Unless maybe you count when he does actually do staggered releases to tiers separated by more than hours (in which case the early tiers are "testers").

WheresLucifer

Sep 1, 2018
I tried to find where this was last discussed in this thread, around September. What I remember was there was a Minddrop that seemed to let slip that there are no testers, that Braindrop does the testing himself. Unless maybe you count when he does actually do staggered releases to tiers separated by more than hours (in which case the early tiers are "testers").
I am sure BD does the testing himself... He keeping his VN as a "Closed Door" project. If he does have tester(s), it would be limited and trusted testers for BD otherwise he wouldn't provide the update to them.

tslojr

Apr 8, 2021
According to Dev Report 28 from November, he's just started using testers for Chapter 13.

Beginning with Episode 13, I will be sending the update to a few play testers before release and I do not plan on setting any release dates until the update is packaged and sent to the testers.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: karumi56

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
I'm just wondering wtf happened to Azel. Halfway through she went from attractive older woman to weirdly bizarre looking. Damn...
This is the so-called Braindrop effect. It also happened to Katie (Charles' niece and Ryker's sister) at some point. Related, but not identical to the duck face effect, which has happened even more often.

Reactions: rentaku

MessiahRO

Dec 14, 2018
I officially open the bets for the release of the ep 13 before or after this Topic reach 3k pages !

Places your bets folks
please stop joking around.. it doesn't matter whether it reaches 3k or 9k. the fact of the matter still stands. braindead report was simple and concise. i can translate it for you if you are so lazy as to read that whole thing.
" blah blah!! blah blah.. fucking blah" hope i made myself clear.
any other questions?

Yasuo Reynald

Jul 21, 2019
Sorry, I think you have a typo there. Did you mean 4k?
No Typo, in 2 pages here we'll reach 3k

please stop joking around.. it doesn't matter whether it reaches 3k or 9k. the fact of the matter still stands. braindead report was simple and concise. i can translate it for you if you are so lazy as to read that whole thing.
" blah blah!! blah blah.. fucking blah" hope i made myself clear.
any other questions?
No need to be harsh, it's only a joke, nothing serious. If we can even have fun, don't know what we can do.

MessiahRO

Dec 14, 2018
No need to be harsh, it's only a joke, nothing serious. If we can even have fun, don't know what we can do.
hmm, guess you did not understand me correctly.. :)
i wasn't being harsh, realistic perhaps if i can call it that.. but i was speaking towards brain dead's latest update post.. so every time he posts his updates he should be like " blah blah!! blah blah.. fucking blah" and we would understand perfectly.. don't you think so? :cool:

Reactions: Rgrmohyh

karumi56

Oct 7, 2019
Short version: Testers are a lie, have been a lie and mean more delays coming.

According to Dev Report 28 from November, he's just started using testers for Chapter 13.
I went back and did some more digging in the previous Dev Reports...
Dev Report #23 from September 30th, 2023 has the reveal that there are no playtesters.
Braindrop said:
If you're wondering what the hold up is,
It's pretty simple. I'm the sole developer of WVM and at this moment in time I don't utilize playtesters or proofreaders.
The reason being is that part of my development process in finalizing an update is playing and replaying the update over and over again to make sure things play out as I want them to.
Several previous Dev Reports have Braindrop saying he needs time to get an update to playtesters.
Mind Drop #46 04/17/2022:
Braindrop said:
'Is there any issues with the update now?'
Not really, story is almost all pieced together and the only bug I have found on my own has been issues with animations on android. I'll likely just have to condense the files further which sucks but slightly less quality is better than them not showing at all.
I'll still be sending the update out to a few play testers a few days before the release date just to be safe but I've found no game breaking issues on my tests.
Mind Drop #42 02/18/2022:
Braindrop said:
So when can we expect it?
I was really racing to have it out before the end of February but the closer we come to it the quicker I realize it isn't very feasible since I want to send the update to testers before releasing it.
Every mention of "playtesters" is a giant red flag indicating more delays coming. Keep that in mind for future Mind Drops/Dev Reports.

Found a fun little "nugget" (gold or a turd yet to be determined) about the Week 1 revamp:
Weeks 1-3 redo
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

MessiahRO

Dec 14, 2018
Short version: Testers are a lie, have been a lie and mean more delays coming.

I went back and did some more digging in the previous Dev Reports...
Dev Report #23 from September 30th, 2023 has the reveal that there are no playtesters.

Several previous Dev Reports have Braindrop saying he needs time to get an update to playtesters.
Mind Drop #46 04/17/2022:

Mind Drop #42 02/18/2022:

Every mention of "playtesters" is a giant red flag indicating more delays coming. Keep that in mind for future Mind Drops/Dev Reports.

Found a fun little "nugget" (gold or a turd yet to be determined) about the Week 1 revamp:
Weeks 1-3 redo
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
well one thing i am certain of, his lies are beginning to get rather obvious.. it's like he is telling us the sky is green, grass is red and snow is black.. :sneaky:
these playtesters are another mckinzie? hmm, more like mcbullzie.. ;)

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
well one thing i am certain of, his lies are beginning to get rather obvious.. it's like he is telling us the sky is green, grass is red and snow is black.. :sneaky:
these playtesters are another mckinzie? hmm, more like mcbullzie.. ;)
Not sure why he even lies at this point...
He could just say "I don't wanna" and it would have the same effect... :KEK:

3.70 star(s) 642 Votes