• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Thamn

Aug 6, 2016
Aight, so it's an even bigger game. All the more reason not to underestimate how much work that really is.

Yep. 3000 a year is a good average given the quality. I prefer that over games that rush releases where the release quality is significantly lower. In any kind of software project, there's always going to be a trade-off between speed, quantity and quality. This is the mix you get with BD.

As for expectations, I think we just fundamentally disagree about how to control our own, or how to respond to things we don't like. BD is an OCD dev with bad planning and communication skills (not really an uncommon combination when it comes to software engineers and animators). That was made apparently pretty early on. He can make any kind of prediction he wants and I'll take it with a saltshaker. You call it lies, I call it a guy continuously overestimating how fast things will get done to a level he's okay with. Either way it's a subjective judgement and the reality is probably a bit of both.

What it boils down to is that if his predictions are sh*t but his output is still a good average, then there isn't a real problem. It's like complaining that a bus driver isn't driving 130 kph because the bus has been delayed. I'm the kind of guy to just look out the window and enjoy the ride. I can't really relate to seeing excuses as content.
This is probably the first time I comment on this thread, I just saw you had a very skewed perception of the size of the game and, since I was already commenting to correct it, took the opportunity to provide you with context as for why the thread is what it is right now. I personally don't see the point in complaining either but there's no denying that BD brought this upon himself and there's nothing subjective about the lies I was referring to, missing this deadline by half a year is just the current catalyst.

I suggest you take a page out of your own book and read my comment without the negative confrontational lens you appear to be looking through. All I did was provide information that actually supports your view and you managed to see a fundamental disagreement. This time I do disagree with you on the lack of importance of predictions when money is predicated on them because that's called a scam, whether it's intentional or through ineptitude. Many people here were supporters for a long time and many were banned, if they weren't on this forum they'd have no access to content for which they already paid more than a AAA game costs. If you subscribed to Prime to watch the Fallout series and they removed it before you finished watching I'm sure you wouldn't be very happy either. Of course that doesn't mean they should let it affect their wellbeing, no one here is making that claim, they're mostly goofing around while making sure newcomers know not to trust the promises and keeping BD accountable.

And one thing I noticed you talking about, if people are still here after all the development mess it's safe to assume most of them like the game and want to see it finished or at least did at some point, you're preaching to the choir, they just don't believe the priest anymore.

Nov 22, 2021
Okay, so you don't feel taunted but you're complaining about me taunting people? Gotcha. Anyway the thread is un-moderated now, so do whatever you want buddy. Don't let me stop you from wasting your time and souring the mood. Someone already explained how to unsubscribe from threads so I'm gonna go sit outside and enjoy the sun.
Oh one of those types of responses. An attempt to taunt. Adorable again don't care. Enjoy the sun. I will happily sit here wasting my time and the only mood being soured appears to be yours as I am in wonderful spirits lately. But please continue to attempt the taunts. Just proves you don't have the IQ to properly debate the point of the matter and that is perfectly fine. Also I never said anything about you taunting til this post. Maybe learn to actually read comments? Or don't I really don't give a flying fuck. Lol. Anyways back to my music making.

Nov 22, 2021
This is probably the first time I comment on this thread, I just saw you had a very skewed perception of the size of the game and, since I was already commenting to correct it, took the opportunity to provide you with context as for why the thread is what it is right now. I personally don't see the point in complaining either but there's no denying that BD brought this upon himself and there's nothing subjective about the lies I was referring to, missing this deadline by half a year is just the current catalyst.

I suggest you take a page out of your own book and read my comment without the negative confrontational lens you appear to be looking through. All I did was provide information that actually supports your view and you managed to see a fundamental disagreement. This time I do disagree with you on the lack of importance of predictions when money is predicated on them because that's called a scam, whether it's intentional or through ineptitude. Many people here were supporters for a long time and many were banned, if they weren't on this forum they'd have no access to content for which they already paid more than a AAA game costs. If you subscribed to Prime to watch the Fallout series and they removed it before you finished watching I'm sure you wouldn't be very happy either. Of course that doesn't mean they should let it affect their wellbeing, no one here is making that claim, they're mostly goofing around while making sure newcomers know not to trust the promises and keeping BD accountable.

And one thing I noticed you talking about, if people are still here after all the development mess it's safe to assume most of them like the game and want to see it finished or at least did at some point, you're preaching to the choir, they just don't believe the priest anymore.
This. Simply this. Especially that last bit. I do love this game and I do keep playing it. I am here for every update even the trash ones. I don't support BD's choices, excuses or lies but I will continue to play this game til its completed or abandoned. Either way.

Nov 22, 2021
Okay, so you don't feel taunted but you're complaining about me taunting people? Gotcha. Anyway the thread is un-moderated now, so do whatever you want buddy. Don't let me stop you from wasting your time and souring the mood. Someone already explained how to unsubscribe from threads so I'm gonna go sit outside and enjoy the sun.
No one that I know of has an issue with you liking the game. More power to you. Personally the only issue I have and the only issue I see from people towards you is that you are passively aggressively taunting people. That is your own fault. And if you taunt a mothafucka verbally you are probably gonna get smacked verbally by a mothafucka. Give and take my friend. Give and take. Also you are going back and forth on whether you are defending or disliking the dev and thats a very two faced way of doing things. In one comment you are defending them wholeheartedly in the next you are claiming you couldn't care less about them.

Akabakka

Jul 12, 2023
somehow I'm still getting dogpiled by the haters for trying to insert some chill-out-it's-just-a-game vibes into the already-ongoing discussion.
Yeah ..no . Let's be blunt , you've been "hiding" under long paragraphs some hefty passive aggressive and disparaging remarks . There hasn't been a lot of attempt of chillin' stuff on your behalf , you know it and we saw it . it wasn't anything crafty . You went as far as inserting intent behind and into people's comments , as it suited your narrative . Even accusing at least one of jealousy , instead of sticking to the topic . Then you wanted to discussion Mods and regulation when it did not go your way

Were you polite ? Sure I'd bet , all the time or at least 99% of it , but you can't remove the stench of condescension and the patronizing . You were looking for those fights with some of those people . Now did a few incoherent rabid ones outright attacked you ? I'll bet , but you weren't even interacting and having those back and forth with them .

Now I'm done with you as a a topic , and will go back to just discussing the game and BD with whomever wants to , similar opinions or not , without pretense and BS .

Nov 22, 2021
Yeah ..no . Let's be blunt , you've been "hiding" under long paragraphs some hefty passive aggressive and disparaging remarks . There hasn't been a lot of attempt of chillin' stuff on your behalf , you know it and we saw it . it wasn't anything crafty . You went as far as inserting intent behind and into people's comments , as it suited your narrative . Even accusing at least one of jealousy , instead of sticking to the topic . Then you wanted to discussion Mods and regulation when it did not go your way

Were you polite ? Sure I'd bet , all the time or at least 99% of it , but you can't remove the stench of condescension and the patronizing . You were looking for those fights with some of those people . Now did a few incoherent rabid ones outright attacked you ? I'll bet , but you weren't even interacting and having those back and forth with them .

Now I'm done with you as a a topic , and will go back to just discussing the game and BD with whomever wants to , similar opinions or not , without pretense and BS .
Agreed.

also I really hope BD gets their shit together and actually starts putting in real effort. No more excuses or lies or milking patrons. I won't hold my breath but I am still hopeful because honestly this game could be amazing its just BD's BS that is putting a foul taste in people's mouths about this game.

Nov 22, 2021
I used to love this game. Everything goes weird after the update with the bowling alley incident. Afterward, the story goes into an odd cult-like fukfest with zero sense. Oh well, the dude has 3500 Patreons so what do I know?
You know the truth we all have come to see. Welcome. Honestly I think the MC died at the bowling alley or is in a coma and the stuff after is either his afterlife or just a weird fuggin fever dream

• Haha
Reactions: Uthuriel

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
Holy hell. I just downloaded and played through this game and came here to get an idea of when the next update might be out based on previous updates.

I don't know what is going on in this thread, but it seems like a lot of salt.

IMO, the game is great. Jamie is top 3 girls of all games I've played. I'm looking forward to more content.

So what's the word? Does everyone just hate the dev for taking a long time between updates? Scamming people? Abandoned game?

TLDR would be appreciated.
TLDR, dev sets a release date and then keeps coming up with excuses and delaying the release. And now people think he is just milking his supporters.

Reactions: noobchan51515

Goopgoop

Sep 10, 2022

I just had a great walk in the sun.

BD did not bring it upon himself. He's not actually here reading any of it. The people whom it gets brought down on are completely unrelated to the cause of their frustration. I hate how overused this quote is but "Insanity is doing the same thing an expecting a different result.". Applies to our expectations of the external world as well. No matter how much you want the grass to turn blue when it rains, it's not going to turn blue.

If I pay for a streaming service I pay for the selection that they're licensed. That's in the ToS. I can't demand my money back because I expected to be able to watch something. I can quit my subscription, vote with my wallet. It's the same with crowd-funded games. You're not paying for the game you're expecting to get. You're paying for a vaguely defined product. There is no explicit deadline to finish the product. Progress reports are not legally binding deadlines either. Crowd-funding and early-access projects always have a risk factor. Sometimes you strike gold, most of the times you spend money on an amateur with a dream which they soon find to be more difficult to realize than they thought.

If you willingly buy a bag with "something" in it, then you have no legal recourse when you get a bag of "something". Most people get scammed at some point in life. But if someone pays "more than a AAA title price" for a VN game made by an unknown dev with no previously released work.... they scammed themselves. They could've gone with the 1 euro package, waited 5 deys after every release (what's 5 days on a couple of months eh?) and gone to a nice dinner with their gf/wife/mother. Or not spent any money and waited 6 days after every release.

And my point is exactly that if they want to see the game finished, it's probably not a good idea to disrupt the financial incentives of the creator. That's like shooting the horse you just bought because it has a bad leg. Patreon's ToS and business model give leeway to underqualified producers selling a dream. It also gives that chance to qualified individuals with a passion. Patreon doesn't care because they get a share of the profits in both cases and their ToS is specifically written to legally cover it.

Crowd-funding lingo implies this rather strongly. Paying "members" are "backers" or "supporters" who "pledge" money to a creator, rather than "customers" or "clients" buying a product. If BD decides to write an improvised ending and make it after next patch, there's nothing anyone can do. The membership "benefits" are all about access to information.

Me debating this with you has nothing to do with me being adversarial. When I disagree with something, I verbalize it. It's nothing personal. In fact I rather like you. But if I disagree, I disagree. I'm just pointing out why it's pointless, illogical and bothersome. Getting duped is a lesson. Not the lesson that people shouldn't dupe each other (that's a lesson people learn if they dupe the wrong person), but that there are hollow golden eggs out there, how to recognize them and how to prevent buyer's remorse buying them (In the EU: don't buy something where you can't figure out if you like it or not within 14 days).

Wolfeszorn

Jul 24, 2021
BD did not bring it upon himself. He's not actually here reading any of it.
He still is with different alt accounts. He´s proven that multiple times by taking things that were discussed here and either put it into his game, like a joke (the cult stuff for example) or by directly adressing stuff that users said.

Anyway, the thread turned unmoderated so the off-topic is now canon. So my position has become moot and I will leave it at that. No point trying to civilize a discussion if the mods have given up on it. So I will go and... not worry about anything and wait for the update to drop.

I'll drop it after this
and yet, here you are, still yapping like a blabbermouth

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
I just had a great walk in the sun.

BD did not bring it upon himself. He's not actually here reading any of it. The people whom it gets brought down on are completely unrelated to the cause of their frustration. I hate how overused this quote is but "Insanity is doing the same thing an expecting a different result.". Applies to our expectations of the external world as well. No matter how much you want the grass to turn blue when it rains, it's not going to turn blue.

If I pay for a streaming service I pay for the selection that they're licensed. That's in the ToS. I can't demand my money back because I expected to be able to watch something. I can quit my subscription, vote with my wallet. It's the same with crowd-funded games. You're not paying for the game you're expecting to get. You're paying for a vaguely defined product. There is no explicit deadline to finish the product. Progress reports are not legally binding deadlines either. Crowd-funding and early-access projects always have a risk factor. Sometimes you strike gold, most of the times you spend money on an amateur with a dream which they soon find to be more difficult to realize than they thought.

If you willingly buy a bag with "something" in it, then you have no legal recourse when you get a bag of "something". Most people get scammed at some point in life. But if someone pays "more than a AAA title price" for a VN game made by an unknown dev with no previously released work.... they scammed themselves. They could've gone with the 1 euro package, waited 5 deys after every release (what's 5 days on a couple of months eh?) and gone to a nice dinner with their gf/wife/mother. Or not spent any money and waited 6 days after every release.

And my point is exactly that if they want to see the game finished, it's probably not a good idea to disrupt the financial incentives of the creator. That's like shooting the horse you just bought because it has a bad leg. Patreon's ToS and business model give leeway to underqualified producers selling a dream. It also gives that chance to qualified individuals with a passion. Patreon doesn't care because they get a share of the profits in both cases and their ToS is specifically written to legally cover it.

Crowd-funding lingo implies this rather strongly. Paying "members" are "backers" or "supporters" who "pledge" money to a creator, rather than "customers" or "clients" buying a product. If BD decides to write an improvised ending and make it after next patch, there's nothing anyone can do. The membership "benefits" are all about access to information.

Me debating this with you has nothing to do with me being adversarial. When I disagree with something, I verbalize it. It's nothing personal. In fact I rather like you. But if I disagree, I disagree. I'm just pointing out why it's pointless, illogical and bothersome. Getting duped is a lesson. Not the lesson that people shouldn't dupe each other (that's a lesson people learn if they dupe the wrong person), but that there are hollow golden eggs out there, how to recognize them and how to prevent buyer's remorse buying them (In the EU: don't buy something where you can't figure out if you like it or not within 14 days).
You present a really good "wall of text" argument and good number of salient points. Still, to fine tune the point... Over 3,000 pages of text and a large majority of it is dedicated to bashing BD; why? Because they can. Because they like it. Because they feel it is justified. The rest of those 3,000 pages are, mostly, about making excuses for BD; why? Because they can. Because they like it. Because they feel it is justified.

At this point there are only two reasons to post in this thread. Bash BD or defend BD. It's just what is done here. Who's right? Who's wrong? It no longer matters because...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Goopgoop

Sep 10, 2022

Ehhh, I don't mince my words. Especially when people go full ham on me. You say "give and take", but I ain't the one who started it bud. And I don't have to insert any intent. Difference is all in perspective. It's easy to justify emotions because every emotion has a root cause. But if your foundation is cognitive, you start looking at emotions from the perspective of their purpose. And then you realize, yeah, I'm kinda pissed about this... and to be honest, I've good reason to be. But it doesn't help me.

The guy I implied was jealous brought it on himself because he brought him being a dev into the discussion. Even took the time to look at his game. It has 50 likes. So for him being such a great dev doing actual testing, it doesn't net him much. Hence, jealous. Is that confrontational? Yep. Did you read the post that was a reply to? The dude was basically trying to teach me English like I'm a 5 year old. But I'm condescending and patronizing? None of the people I "picked fights with" (more like accepted challenges from and mirrored them in their posture) can refute my core arguments because they are solid, which I've had to repeat ad nauseum because they all wanted to have a more or less equivalent conversation with me.

You engaged with me without being disingenuous and we've had a perfectly reasonable conversation about our perceptions as far as I'm concerned. But yes, I too was starting to think this has taken up enough of my time. Gotta remember to press that unsubscribe button this time. Have a great day man.

What kinda music do you make btw? Think I caught something about that before.

Akabakka

Jul 12, 2023
Ehhh, I don't mince my words. Especially when people go full ham on me. You say "give and take", but I ain't the one who started it bud. And I don't have to insert any intent. Difference is all in perspective. It's easy to justify emotions because every emotion has a root cause. But if your foundation is cognitive, you start looking at emotions from the perspective of their purpose. And then you realize, yeah, I'm kinda pissed about this... and to be honest, I've good reason to be. But it doesn't help me.

The guy I implied was jealous brought it on himself because he brought him being a dev into the discussion. Even took the time to look at his game. It has 50 likes. So for him being such a great dev doing actual testing, it doesn't net him much. Hence, jealous. Is that confrontational? Yep. Did you read the post that was a reply to? The dude was basically trying to teach me English like I'm a 5 year old. But I'm condescending and patronizing? None of the people I "picked fights with" (more like accepted challenges from and mirrored them in their posture) can refute my core arguments because they are solid, which I've had to repeat ad nauseum because they all wanted to have a more or less equivalent conversation with me.

You engaged with me without being disingenuous and we've had a perfectly reasonable conversation about our perceptions as far as I'm concerned. But yes, I too was starting to think this has taken up enough of my time. Gotta remember to press that unsubscribe button this time. Have a great day man.

What kinda music do you make btw? Think I caught something about that before.
See now i'll just be as rude as possible and can get away with (while keeping it polite , because some rules obviously) . All that yapping and you just sound so fake and disingenuous . I've seen the posts actually yeah , and the tone you kept all along . You pretty much kept fucking around and found out .
You can't even bother keeping up with whom you're talking to btw ... and you were supposed to be gone multiple posts ago . I'm not an ignore button guy usually , but I'll just do that if you can't resist again the urge to be phony and reply back , despite the claims you're leaving

Last edited:
3.70 star(s) 636 Votes