grim019

Mar 28, 2020
Dude has been saying it's close or almost ready for a while. I want to know what his definition of close or almost ready is.

Reactions: CircaAD

kcaldw

Feb 19, 2021
Dude has been saying it's close or almost ready for a while. I want to know what his definition of close or almost ready is.
NutDrops unit of measure is way different then your standard units of measure so don't get your hopes up for any update anytime soon.

Black Orchid

Sep 3, 2022
So, let's talk about S2-C1-E13-B4.
This update will be around 450 renders and 10 animations.
I am not setting a hard release date as things are not completely finished yet but I am aiming to release around this upcoming Sunday (The 18th).
There always seems to be some last minute issues or things may just take a little longer than I hope they will so there is a chance that it bleeds into early next week.
small reminder that part 4 of episode 13 was supposed to come out on 18th of february if not earlier

Damien81a

Aug 4, 2022
small reminder that part 4 of episode 13 was supposed to come out on 18th of february if not earlier
ya. no all of episode 13 was supposed to be droped in november last year. then fore shure before cristmas.. then.. newyear then jan 13.. then.... then --- and it have realy ben in every message he have put oute since that its just a cuple of days to go.. lol

preglovr12

Salt is a Way of Life
May 1, 2018
It's been exactly 6 weeks since this absolute bullshit block of text was posted. Bold and underlining from me.

Dev Report #39 (April 24th, 2024)

Yo!

Decided to go back to E13 for this report's teasers... even if they're similar to previously shown ones. I'm kinda running out of good teasers that don't spoil too much lol

But you may have noticed that the render and animation numbers didn't move much this week and that's due to me finishing up all of the alterations. Which means I've been in the testing phase for a few days now.
Testing phase includes bug-testing, proofreading, and overall vibe-checking. (As well as just finishing up all of the little things.)

Full transparency, this is the point of the process where I've been getting in my own head and then deciding to make massive changes. But, that's not going to happen again. Of course things could always be improved but I am happy and content with how it's all turned out.
Part of "Vibe-checking" does include making minor changes, just the stuff like adding or even removing transition renders, changing up the phrasing of parts of dialogue, etc.
So far testing has had its ups and downs but things are still progressing smoothly.

Admittedly, I'm fighting every urge I have to set a release date. I don't know why I'm so married to them even though I have the worst track record in history with them. But I'm sticking to my word and I'm not going to set anything. There are still things that can go wrong, recently I've had a number of issues during compiling.
Not trying to speak anything into existence though.

I mentioned in the last report that it was my desire to have the update out by the end of the month. Which it still is and I'm going to try my best to have it out but I can't promise anything there. If things go well, it will be close.
But I'm going to do the "smart" thing and operate from a "things don't go well" point of view.
In the event that the update is not out by the end of the month, then it would be out early in May.
With that being said, I want to remind everyone that the 800+ render, 20+ animation update will be made available to everyone at the same time. There will not be any delayed tier timing.
This includes for all former patrons due to earlier promises. So if you're not down with how long things have taken (totally understandable) you can withdraw your pledge and still have access to the update. All you need to do is make sure you're in the discord.

I wish I had more exciting news for everyone. But we are in the final bits before this update will be in your hands. The one thing I can promise from all of this is that there will not be any more medium or large changes to any of this content, no more of that.
That's all I have to share for now, I'm going to go get back to work on finalizing everything.
Once again thank you all for your patience and understanding. I truly appreciate it. Have a wonderful week and I'll talk to all of you soon!

Last edited:

aaachris

Oct 26, 2019
you have to give him credit for being consistent, he has been doing this for more than one years now after that long hiatus

Feb 9, 2023
It's gotta be he's a massive and serial procrastinator who at this point likes the feeling of lying cause he's gotten away with it for so long. He can massively over promise, not work for a while, then cram a shit load of work into a few days/weeks to try to finally get the update out after feeding excuses

Reactions: Issikka

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
We got weekly updates when he had at least a somewhat coherent story and a reasonable number of characters.

But now the plot is out of control and makes no sense and he keeps adding characters to see if one of them sparks something or to use them in one of the many side-plots. He's also caving to the perfectionist stuff, which make the other things worse.

If he procrastinates, he's a "productive procrastinator" in that he does X work so he doesn't have to do Y work. X work being coming up with new characters/reworking stuff. Y work being figuring out a way to, well, untangle the story and make sense of it all.

BD has always, from the very beginning, massively overshared his personal issues. They may be excuses, some of them may be make believe to gain sympathy, but I think some of the things he's said about his own struggles over this game to be true. Not knowing how to deal with the success, perfectionist issues, imposter syndrome and so on.

preglovr12

Salt is a Way of Life
May 1, 2018
We got weekly updates when he had at least a somewhat coherent story and a reasonable number of characters.

But now the plot is out of control and makes no sense and he keeps adding characters to see if one of them sparks something or to use them in one of the many side-plots. He's also caving to the perfectionist stuff, which make the other things worse.

If he procrastinates, he's a "productive procrastinator" in that he does X work so he doesn't have to do Y work. X work being coming up with new characters/reworking stuff. Y work being figuring out a way to, well, untangle the story and make sense of it all.

BD has always, from the very beginning, massively overshared his personal issues. They may be excuses, some of them may be make believe to gain sympathy, but I think some of the things he's said about his own struggles over this game to be true. Not knowing how to deal with the success, perfectionist issues, imposter syndrome and so on.
There's only one issue with what youre saying, why would he start working on the game when it's half complete writing wise? Even if he needed a new source of income and started actually making the game before it was complete, why would he not take at least one week off a month to continue writing the story he had a road map for and was clearly confident in? I almost wonder if someone else wrote the first chunk, which is why BD seems so aimless now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Trojaner

Spider-Venom

Mar 26, 2023

All I wanted was more Shauna and incest.

Apr 30, 2023
Yeah he's close to to releasing an update all right. Just as soon as the NBA and NHL playoffs are over. :LOL: :LOL: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
What does NBA and NHL playoffs had to do with his game???I mean nobody of all those guys supporting his game on patreon will wait for NBA and NHL playoffs to finish

Apr 30, 2023
There's only one issue with what youre saying, why would he start working on the game when it's half complete writing wise? Even if he needed a new source of income and started actually making the game before it was complete, why would he not take at least one week off a month to continue writing the story he had a road map for and was clearly confident in? I almost wonder if someone else wrote the first chunk, which is why BD seems so aimless now.
Question is is really the story half complete???Personally i doubt that

3.70 star(s) 639 Votes