fea876

Nov 24, 2018
To be fair, that is different. They're effectively antagonists and aren't exactly set up as characters for us to possibly care about.
What the difference between a trans character with no sexual content and male character like the teeammate with no sexual content?

Why the trans character should be removed?

Reactions: Glooskabe

MysteryCrabs

Dec 15, 2019
What the difference between a trans character with no sexual content and male character like the teeammate with no sexual content?
In this thread, to this point, there are very few examples of people using male pronouns for Skye. Even Braindrop himself has been caught up using female pronouns. Skye has been mostly called a "tomboy" rather than a "transman" so I suspect, depending on how Braindrop goes about it writing, there's going to be a lot of awkward moments for some people because in the end, they only control some aspects of the MC and not others. A person who would refuse to treat Skye as a man (including some trans individuals who would consider Skye's seeming "lack of effort" an example of transtrender) might have trouble if they self-inserted into the MC given a dramatic difference of values.

Even for those who ARE sexually interested in Skye, using "he/him" and referring to them as a man (and thus potentially as MC's "boyfriend") would probably elicit a fair bit more "interesting" reactions from some people from now on.

For my part, the only thing I find too silly is imagining him playing men's college basketball, even for the Bad News Bears Stars. But then, this is a game about a guy building a giant harem of girls who are, for the most part, completely Ok with sharing. So perhaps that's not the biggest fantastical leap at work :giggle:

baloneysammich

Jun 3, 2017
While I won't defend Ozymandius 's tone, he did make it clear it had nothing to do with romancing Skye, but that he was unpleased with the fact that Skye is a trans-man regardless of choice and that you must interact with him (given he is on your team). So the optional nature of the romance is completely unrelated to his problem at least.

And to play Devils advocate, it's hard to say "don't play the game" when he already has been playing the game and a new aspect of Content is introduced without much prior warning or indication.
The problem is that the whole situation is really a thinly veiled socio-political dispute rather than being about what anyone said or didn't say.

Ozymandius first post was pretty mild IMO, but because he expressed an anti-trans position things escalated almost immediately.

Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
That has absolutely nothing to do with what I said. Read what I was replying to, more than once if you have to, and maybe you'll get the context of what I said.

Why the trans character should be removed?
You're the one mentioning that to me, not the other way round, so you tell me why a trans character should be removed.

MysteryCrabs

Dec 15, 2019
The problem is that the whole situation is really a thinly veiled socio-political dispute rather than being about what anyone said or didn't say.

Ozymandius first post was pretty mild IMO, but because he expressed an anti-trans position things escalated almost immediately.
I don't know if I'd go as far as to call it a socio-political dispute, especially in this forum. I mean, this is the same kind of framing when someone comes in to complain about how old a character looks, or how big/small their tits are. People *did* jump to sex immediately when replying to him, so I think the knee-jerk reaction was just fetish related.

Example:
Comment A: "Did X's boobs shrink in the last update?"
Comment B: "Flat is justice, if you don't like it play another game"

baloneysammich

Jun 3, 2017
I don't know if I'd go as far as to call it a socio-political dispute, especially in this forum. I mean, this is the same kind of framing when someone comes in to complain about how old a character looks, or how big/small their tits are. People *did* jump to sex immediately when replying to him, so I think the knee-jerk reaction was just fetish related.

Example:
Comment A: "Did X's boobs shrink in the last update?"
Comment B: "Flat is justice, if you don't like it play another game"
Fair point. Maybe I'm too quick to see things in the broadest possible context.

fea876

Nov 24, 2018
That has absolutely nothing to do with what I said. Read what I was replying to, more than once if you have to, and maybe you'll get the context of what I said.

You're the one mentioning that to me, not the other way round, so you tell me why a trans character should be removed.

It started here:
Hell Charles and Ryker both get 100 times more hate and you have no choice but to interract with them,and still didn't saw someone to say he will stop playing the game.
The point of that person is, if player don't ask to remove characters that they don't like and you are force to interact with them, why would you ask to remove other characters, like Skye.

Then:
To be fair, that is different. They're effectively antagonists and aren't exactly set up as characters for us to possibly care about.
So your argument saying people didn't ask to remove them was because they were antagonist. When you said "that is different". I understood, it's ok to ask to remove characters, that you are force to interact with them if they are not antagonist, you know like Skye. Because that whole thing started with someone asking to remove him/her.
This is probably the "shortcut" I took mistakenly, sorry.

From there I though, well what is the difference from Skye and the other teammate(they are not antagonist)?

English is my second language and maybe I misread something...

It's one of my biggest kink, I really don't want to remove them from games. :p

I hope that explain my comment and hope we can move forward.

crewfalcons

Donor
May 17, 2017
I love comments like "we're in a trans apocalypse" when there's currently 429 games on this site tagged with futa/trans content...

....out of the 5,209 games in total. Roughly 8%. Clearly total saturation here. :rolleyes:

Also, the game allows you to not see that content if you don't want to.

Sooo... you either choose that option if you don't prefer that kind of content, don't play the game and go about your day, or you're trying to make a bigger worldview personal point here on what you think is right and wrong. Ain't nobody got time for that last one frankly.

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
While I won't defend Ozymandius 's tone, he did make it clear it had nothing to do with romancing Skye, but that he was unpleased with the fact that Skye is a trans-man regardless of choice and that you must interact with him (given he is on your team). So the optional nature of the romance is completely unrelated to his problem at least.

And to play Devils advocate, it's hard to say "don't play the game" when he already has been playing the game and a new aspect of Content is introduced without much prior warning or indication.

From my side, it's a balancing act. There are always going to be conflicts when things change, but there are things that stretch too far in someone's point of view. Imagine if a dev said "there will be no cheating in my game" and then in an update has a couple breakup without input, and then the girl is seen sleeping with another man. It's not "cheating" and the letter of the promise was not broken, but one might argue the spirit was and people getting annoyed with that might be justified. (I'm using an extreme example to make a point)

It's still the a product owned and controlled by its creators, and ultimately it is their choice what is included, but there needs to be some flexibility to express displeasure in changes assuming the tone is correct. I would argue Ozymandias phrased things too harshly and did not come off well, but the underlying point is not one that should be dismissed merely because you disagree with it.

If Azel ended up romantically involved with Charles without choice I suspect there wouldn't be a lot of people saying "well, don't play the game then". My point is just "everyone has different issues"
You had a decent discussion while I was sleeping. About Azel and Charles. What for? Why did you think about it? Why did you put this idea here? You've broken your own psyche, and you've helped others with it. Now I'll curse you every time I think about it.:HideThePain::WutFace:

Reactions: ZakAttak

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
Well, maybe...

Or maybe... she can help bring out Shauna's dominant side and they can double team me. :D
I hope this isn't the only way. I prefer to dominate myself. Because of this, I had to break up with Kayana and Brittany. Too much command.:LOL:

Reactions: ZakAttak

michael1984

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
I for one don't have a problem with Skye since its clear we can just stay team mates and nothing else

Does make me wonder if Skye can join a male basketball team there should be a chance for other girls to join too dwl

But I am glad we getting another team mate and building up a solid team for the basketball games

3.70 star(s) 641 Votes