The Krypt Angel

Engaged Member
Feb 17, 2019
Hey ppl,
I just wanted to know why the games are uploaded as a full game and not updated as patches.
Patch upload would make the game more easily downloadable.
Now we have to download the whole game again and again for even small updates.
they're uploaded that way cuz they are developed and released that way. Yer getting this shit for free don't look a gift horse in the mouth and take what you can get.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Hey ppl,
I just wanted to know why the games are uploaded as a full game and not updated as patches.
Patch upload would make the game more easily downloadable.
Now we have to download the whole game again and again for even small updates.
Patches are quite hard to make and have a habit of breaking games.

The issues they cause tend to be different for different people so imagine being a dev trying to get work done, releasing a patch then having 400 people with various issues all wanting fixes and then trying to recreate then fix them which in turn could cause other problems due to messing with the code.

It's far easier to release in one go and causes far less problems.

Bill__Wick

Dec 5, 2019

The issues they cause tend to be different for different people so imagine being a dev trying to get work done, releasing a patch then having 400 people with various issues all wanting fixes and then trying to recreate then fix them which in turn could cause other problems due to messing with the code.

Like the new model (Emiko) to be fixed and recreated...

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
Even when the patches are as simple as "copy patch over main game" the entire thread gets taken over by people that can't seem to figure this out, despite clear instructions. Over at the Ecchi Sensei and Lexi threads. I think it's 75% "I can't get the patch/update to work" posts, and then people blaming the dev for releasing a "broken" update.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017

Patches aren't that hard to make, the real problem is that installing them seems to be too complicated for the average person for some reason.

qwsl

Jan 10, 2020
Moreover, I do not understand how THEY find this forum and go through the registration procedure? :unsure:

3.70 star(s) 644 Votes