PR13RAK

Mar 1, 2019
Thank you so much. Probably worth rereading the license of DAZ itself. I asked because a lot of games use a lot of paid material. And I can't understand if you pay for everything, the donation that comes to game authors doesn't even cover half of what they use. So I wondered if I wanted to make my own game, and I could agree that the donates would cover the costs, but it's the real world, and a lot of things can just go wrong the way we want them to.

OEJ

'Dirth ma, harellan. Ma banal enasalin. Mar solas'
Donor
Dec 9, 2017
If you downloaded it from the Daz store (even if you didn't pay for it), the licence is the same; if you downloaded it from a pirate site, use at your own risk; it doesn't come with a licence.
Depends on how you got them I suppose DAZ has periodic freebies so if you downloaded those they are covered under the same conidtions as purchased assets
what if i used the assets from a pirate site created a game and purchased the asset licences after i make some money on it... will daz or the asset artist be able to do anything if they come to know about the lack licenses after you have purchased it? :unsure:

Last edited:

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
what if i used the assets from a pirate site created a game and purchased the asset licences after i make some money on it... will daz or the asset artist be able to do anything if they come to know about the lack licenses after you have purchased it?
I wouldn't know the answer to that one, but... I would hope that the author would appreciate that you went back and actually bought the assets.

OEJ

'Dirth ma, harellan. Ma banal enasalin. Mar solas'
Donor
Dec 9, 2017
They would have to prove that you didn't receive the assets as a gift from someone else and that you just decided that you wanted to buy your own licence ;)
welp when i make my game i will purchase them... before or after is a sceret but i will purchase them... i wanted to use the recruitment services to hire some artist (coz my computer is shit) but got screwed over after he aggreed to do it he dint reply after making initial characters... :(:(:(

now im just trying to code, so maybe i can join a game dev and use my coding skills. part of getting into modding is to polish my skills. and if i like dev i will can share my script and together build the next project on it... but thats just wishful thinking

Last edited:

The Krypt Angel

Engaged Member
Feb 17, 2019
They would have to prove that you didn't receive the assets as a gift from someone else and that you just decided that you wanted to buy your own licence ;)
Stop reading my mind and typing shit I'm about to say damn it!. I told you months ago you do NOT wanna be rooting in my head....You're liable to see some shit you can't unsee

SB: only if it's during play time :devilish:

BB: Not that we'd mind an audience :sneaky:

KinkierThanThou

Apr 19, 2020
Stop reading my mind and typing shit I'm about to say damn it!. I told you months ago you do NOT wanna be rooting in my head....You're liable to see some shit you can't unsee

SB: only if it's during play time :devilish:

BB: Not that we'd mind an audience :sneaky:
You know what I want you to do? I want you to go upstairs to that
Apartment where that guy keeps playing that Barry Manilow record
"Copacabana" over and over and over again. I want you to ring the
Doorbell, and when he answers the door, I want you to stab him in the neck
With a Number 2 pencil over and over and over again because he must pay!
Chop him up and put him in the freezer and as you leave the apartment,
Light the place on fire!

Voices in my head
These are the voices in my head
Voices in my head
These are the voices in my head

PR13RAK

Mar 1, 2019
Yeah no one "speaks" printed. :LOL:
I agree. The problem is that I create the text in Russian, then edit it to a simplified version, and then translate it into English. And then somebody comes up with a great joke)))). If you throw the original text at the translator, it will probably already give out jokes.:D

Reactions: timpo

KinkierThanThou

Apr 19, 2020
I agree. The problem is that I create the text in Russian, then edit it to a simplified version, and then translate it into English. And then somebody comes up with a great joke)))). If you throw the original text at the translator, it will probably already give out jokes.:D
Well, I'm Dutch and everyone knows Dutch people speak English by the time they are 12. But if you want to improve your English my best advice is to read "printed" English. No joke.

You'll learn a lot from just reading English. Not just syntax and grammar, but also typical expressions. I think I've read almost exclusively in English since I turned 16 (Dutch translations didn't cut it for me anymore, they just made me angry, they just seemed clumsy) and it does wonders for improving. And not just "simple middle school" level books either. Like, sure Roald Dahl and Harry Potter are good places to start, but if you really want to learn English, dig in to some Robert Heinlein (Moon is a Harsh Mistress, Starship Troopers), Roger Zelazny (Chronicles of Amber), Neal Stephenson (Snowcrash) or Tolkien.

Back on topic, I mean I'm sure that's how Princess Tali learned English right guys? Can't be just from watching Lizzie McGuire reruns, amiright?

3.70 star(s) 642 Votes