ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
i'll help you better i found what i was looking for :

(This is not a direct response to this reply but more so the topic of this reply and some of the things I've read recently)

I think the first issue is trying to take a sensitive topic and mash a large amount of people into two options.
All devs are human and all humans are different.

As someone who has had normal jobs before. (Stocking manager at a grocery store among other things) I can promise you there's so much more to this than just "do the work" like you can with one of those.
Not to take away from those jobs... they were hard but making a game isn't as easy as just doing the physical work.
There's a creative process that is on its own a difficult venture.

I can promise you this isn't "burnout" from the work. The work is the part of this that I love.
It was caused by everything else happening and having to read dumb shit about me constantly that has absolutely no truth to it. I won't repeat it all here but it's no secret I've had some shit luck recently.
Do you have any idea how sickening it is to tell everyone supporting you that you aren't able to deliver on time? Do you guys think as devs we enjoy having to do that?
It's fucking gut wrenching. And every single time it gets worse.

I want to deliver as much as I possibly can for those that believed in me. So I pushed myself hard. Like I said I don't mind the work, I very much love doing it but when shit happens irl weeklies take a hit and then it fucks my mental to have to delay and it was becoming something that was happening constantly and the momentum of it kept building and it was becoming hard to manage.
Then I have to hear from motherfuckers that don't know the first thing about me about how I just have excuses and how I'm milking.

I work from the time I wake up to the time I sleep and I have to constantly hear about "short updates" and all sorts of bullshit.
And then when I finally decide to do something to help myself I have to read about how people don't know if I'm going to turn into a milker or not.

Three things.

1.) Who said the amount of content in the bi-weekly updates would be less? The amount of work will mostly be the same it just removes the stress of if shit goes wrong for a weekly.

2.) I've given this game my all. If you honestly think the guy that solo has put out 5500 renders and many animations in 9 months in Daz. Who has also shown he's committed, who turned off payments the moment he needed a break is going to magically turn into a milker then you really need to readjust how you think because it must be fucking sad to be that cynical.

3.) To those that want to call me a milker: The only milk you'll ever get from me is the kind you can suck straight from my... ;)

Reactions: Cigar-Ferras

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
There's not much difference if I'm on my computer I'm lurking either on the thread or on the site cuz i always have it open in a tab of my browser regrdless of whatever else I'm doing. I check any notification i get and if it something I feel like responding to I do. Only exception are the 3-4 hours a night when i'm sleeping or in the evening when I'm taking care of my mom.
Now I feeling a little bit sad for this two you had. If you spend so much time on this thread, how much time do you really have to give them your affection (and lot of other things)?:sneaky:

I'm so happy that I only have the ones in my heads that summing this annoying tetris melody, yet I even don't know if its the A theme or B theme, because I much more focused withe the only one of them that is entirely silent. What is he planning this one makes me crazy:eek:

xxTHESTYGIANxx

Nov 11, 2018
I know I speak for myself when I say this but, I am okay with holding off a bit. BrainDrop, puts out quality material. Hell at this point I would be okay if he/She/They went back to the 4 part release for a day. I get the quantity side of things on an every week release, I do.
However, as a fan...well I wouldnt mind waiting just a bit more. The most important thing is if he/she/they are good with what they put out. And as a supporter, well, I support the Dev not the game. BrainDrop proved themselves with the first two days. Just look at the many many many fan signs out there. I for one am okay waiting.

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
I know I speak for myself when I say this but, I am okay with holding off a bit. BrainDrop, puts out quality material. Hell at this point I would be okay if he/She/They went back to the 4 part release for a day. I get the quantity side of things on an every week release, I do.
However, as a fan...well I wouldnt mind waiting just a bit more. The most important thing is if he/she/they are good with what they put out. And as a supporter, well, I support the Dev not the game. BrainDrop proved themselves with the first two days. Just look at the many many many fan signs out there. I for one am okay waiting.
Once week 1 is complete, updates will take place over longer periods of time, presumably a week in game time. As for how many parts they'll be released in, I don't think BD has said although 1 part per day would be the obvious choice so each full update would be released every 7 weeks or so.

xxTHESTYGIANxx

Nov 11, 2018
Once week 1 is complete, updates will take place over longer periods of time, presumably a week in game time. As for how many parts they'll be released in, I don't think BD has said although 1 part per day would be the obvious choice so each full update would be released every 7 weeks or so.
I know, again I am a supporter. I was more saying what I did as a "hey, wait for quality. Let them have some time" kind of thing. As I said I am good waiting, being a patreon as I am...or even if I wasn't at this point. BrainDrop is worth waiting for...at least that was my 2 cents.

Reactions: Cigar-Ferras

coochiecoochie

May 28, 2020
You know what, I'm just going to say it. Using the search function to find previous posts in such a long thread is a little confusing for me.
I'm new to this site, and not used to it's UI and all it's features.
But, there should be a pinned comment on top of every page or a line in the original post that tells about the ETA on the next update. That way no one have to ask about "when is the next update?" every few seconds.

Edit: Not sorry for bad English

Uncle Loco

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 28, 2020
I don't understand why people can take 30 seconds to book mark the Patreon page ( ) and check there first for the status of an update. It takes less time to do that then to not read any posts and and ask. I go there everyday to see if there is something. Yes, I understand a lot of us are excited for a new release, but it is not like anyone other the BrainDrop has an inside scoop to when the update will be here.

I liked it better when people actually shared their thoughts and theory's about the game rather then just asking when the next update is or why will there not be incest, or whenever some stupid troll brings up dumb comment about the game/developer. Can we go back to just talking about the game and the content. I miss the discussions on who we want to see in the next lewd scene, what is really going on with Charles/Ryker/Kenji, how many more times with the MC move in this game, who will be the first teacher/staff member to have a lewd scene with the MC, etc... Ah the simpler times how I miss those.

Oh well back to waiting for the next person to ask the status of the next update.

• Haha
Reactions: ImperialD

ZTex

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2019
You know what, I'm just going to say it. Using the search function to find previous posts in such a long thread is a little confusing for me.
I'm new to this site, and not used to it's UI and all it's features.
But, there should be a pinned comment on top of every page or a line in the original post that tells about the ETA on the next update. That way no one have to ask about "when is the next update?" every few seconds.

Edit: Not sorry for bad English
Oh god no the pin function in this forum is aids.
Last time i saw it used was in the MilfyCity thread which was already a dumpsterfire but that pinned mod comment made it significantly worse and only invited more heckling.

The Krypt Angel

Engaged Member
Feb 17, 2019
Oh god no the pin function in this forum is aids.
Last time i saw it used was in the MilfyCity thread which was already a dumpsterfire but that pinned mod comment made it significantly worse and only invited more heckling.
I remember it used here when Skye was added and fights broke out over the difference between trangender and transexual not sure if it did any good cuz people still brought it up constantly

LN1982

Sep 27, 2018
Now I feeling a little bit sad for this two you had. If you spend so much time on this thread, how much time do you really have to give them your affection (and lot of other things)?:sneaky:

I'm so happy that I only have the ones in my heads that summing this annoying tetris melody, yet I even don't know if its the A theme or B theme, because I much more focused withe the only one of them that is entirely silent. What is he planning this one makes me crazy:eek:
It's the Tetris A theme... I hear it too now. Thanks.

Edit: Went back and looked it up. Tetris C is actually kind of soothing.

Anyways, I am curious whether the first basketball game will be in week 2 or later. College teams in real life have about a month of full practice (not including off-season workouts and voluntary stuff). The MC has only had maybe one real practice so far. Theoretically this should be a dumpster fire, but that would be significantly less fun than the alternative.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: c3p0

KilljoyTRV

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2018
It irritates me when people argue over pointless non-game stuff on these threads. Leave it game-related!

On that note, I can't wait for the update. WVM rocks!

larbitre06

Jun 10, 2017
When's the next update? Is the game dead?

It's a joke.........;) IT'S A JOOOOOKE

iroll1s

Jun 14, 2019
A quick question and thought experiment for those of you in the know: Can anyone provide some information on how the basketball season will get resolved (from a gameplay and story standpoint)?

As previously stated, the sportsball games pose a rather immense technical problem for the dev. Even without the added strain of having to pose and compile an actual audience or placeholder dummies, there would still have to be at least full models of the opposing players and the WVM cheerleading squad (can’t go without them starlets, sorry).

So, I’ve read the jokes about early 90s videogame style minigames or video replays. Please don’t. They give me sweaty vietnam flashbacks to Winter-Games for the C64 and FIFA on the Gameboy. Get to the chopper! (Wrong movie. I know.)

Braindrop seems pretty into to whole basketball setting. Are we going to get some pre-game dialogue with Harp and certain teammates about the playbook or individual plays to decide on game tactics (leading up to narrowly focused action shots and an eventual victory)? Kenji’s ego problem will certainly have to be addressed beforehand and Skye is a little bit too eager to slide into the role of enforcer (or is this just a hockey thing?).

Last edited:

furball8994

Feb 18, 2020
A quick question and thought experiment for those of you in the know: Can anyone provide some information on how the basketball season will get resolved (from a gameplay and story standpoint)?

As previously stated, the sportsball games pose a rather immense technical problem for the dev. Even without the added strain of having to pose and compile an actual audience or placeholder dummies, there would still have to be at least full models of the opposing players and the WVM cheerleading squad (can’t go without them starlets, sorry).

So, I’ve read the jokes about early 90s videogame style minigames or video replays. Please don’t. They give me sweaty vietnam flashbacks to Winter-Games for the C64 and FIFA on the Gameboy. Get to the chopper! (Wrong movie. I know.)

Braindrops seems pretty into to whole basketball setting. Are we going to get some pre-game dialogue with Harp and certain teammates about the playbook or individual plays to decide on game tactics (leading up to narrowly focuses action shots and an eventual victory)? Kenji’s ego problem will certainly have to be addressed beforehand and Skye is a little bit too eager to slide into the role of enforcer (or is this just a hockey thing?).
In this interview Brain explains that. ( ) (" A: Absolutely. Days 1-7 have all been singular days and their main role has to been to intro all of the characters and set up their stories. After day 7 time will move a little faster to where full updates won’t be single days but instead they’ll be weeks. This is also where characters will be delved into further. ")

tk99

Jun 3, 2019
As previously stated, the sportsball games pose a rather immense technical problem for the dev.

It will be a lot of work with posing, but it's not really a technical problem.
Audience can be done by "billboards" like (easy to build your own, so even the cheerleaders can be displayed with this) and if he has more figures in the scene than the gpu is able to handle, he can use canvas rendering.

Reactions: Master of Puppets

The Krypt Angel

Engaged Member
Feb 17, 2019

Braindrop seems pretty into to whole basketball setting. Are we going to get some pre-game dialogue with Harp and certain teammates about the playbook or individual plays to decide on game tactics (leading up to narrowly focused action shots and an eventual victory)? Kenji’s ego problem will certainly have to be addressed beforehand and Skye is a little bit too eager to slide into the role of enforcer (or is this just a hockey thing?).
Strictly from a game play standpoint If I recall right the the games will be handled similarly to how the practices have worked but with more at stake. In other words choice based actions popping up that will determine the flow of the game with right choices leading to a win and wrong ones leading to losing.

I'm sure there will be small dialogue scenes interspersed like a pregame and/or half time pep talks and prolly shots of the girls on the sides cheering or being worried depending on the game is going. Of course even with a minimalist approach it's gonna be a bitch to render all that but I guess we'll just have to see how it goes.

Reactions: jeffersonarantes998

The Krypt Angel

Engaged Member
Feb 17, 2019
This is a visual novel about a good guy and a successful basketball player, NOT a competitor to the NBA 2k20 simulator. :coffee: It's about frendship, love, caring, charming, hugs, sex - all other is just background.
The majority of it sure but the basketball games are still gonna be "playable" in the way I described don't believe me? I'll quote the man himself
Choice based. Pre game choices and in game choices will determine the outcome. :)
Edit: That kinda came out more confrontational sounding than intended just saying the presumption that basketball is just a backdrop is wrong is all

Last edited:
3.70 star(s) 641 Votes