Heavy Sleeper

May 10, 2020
lol why being so passive aggresive? have you ever thought that maybe *just maybe* i didn't know what was going on? just chill. now, i'll read this post that i had no idea about - i literally just thought it was weird i didn't see any update and wondered if something happened - i really like the dev he's a pretty cool dude.
It's nothing personal, but when every person has the attitude of "I'm sure my question has never been asked in the past 2 months that an update hasn't come up, maybe I'll be the hero and ask it first". While said question has already been answered quite a lot during that time, then people get a bit annoyed at that. Doing a quick search would have gotten to all the answer you need without a need to post it.

Ghostface Reborn

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2018
It's nothing personal, but when every person has the attitude of "I'm sure my question has never been asked in the past 2 months that an update hasn't come up, maybe I'll be the hero and ask it first". While said question has already been answered quite a lot during that time, then people get a bit annoyed at that. Doing a quick search would have gotten to all the answer you need without a need to post it.
people aren't psychic. i got in a ugly fight over that.

Heavy Sleeper

May 10, 2020
people aren't psychic. i got in a ugly fight over that.
how does doing research in an active topic(especially by someone who say they like the dev), relate to being psychic? All my time in this forum, and I never had to ask ever any question about an update/content/whatever. As every question has been asked and answer over 100 times in every topic I visited(except just released games), taking the time to find some information on your own is not hard.

i typed "update" into the search bar just now, and I got all the info I needed from them due to dates on every post on there.

Ziltoid

Nov 1, 2018
how does doing research in an active topic(especially by someone who say they like the dev), relate to being psychic? All my time in this forum, and I never had to ask ever any question about an update/content/whatever. As every question has been asked and answer over 100 times in every topic I visited(except just released games), taking the time to find some information on your own is not hard.

i typed "update" into the search bar just now, and I got all the info I needed from them due to dates on every post on there.
Well if someone makes a question and i could help him out with no problem and pretty quickly why not just do that? if someone asks me something and i could help him out i should just go and say "i know how to do that, it's pretty simple but i won't tell you how because someone already answered that question before thefore i won't lulz n00b"? not saying you're wrong or anything but that's a pretty dick-ish move. But whatever... you do you.

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
Well if someone makes a question and i could help him out with no problem and pretty quickly why not just do that? if someone asks me something and i could help him out i should just go and say "i know how to do that, it's pretty simple but i won't tell you how because someone already answered that question before thefore i won't lulz n00b"? not saying you're wrong or anything but that's a pretty dick-ish move. But whatever... you do you.
It is sometimes like this:
post 1(user x): News about update?
post 2(user y): No, because ......
post 3(user z): UPDATE?!?

So for me any user is lazy if he didn't read the OP, skimmed what it's linked in the OP or skimmed through the the current page and 1-2 page in past of the thread. From the most asked questions most of them wouldn't needed to be asked (again).

So, in my eyes not only an user classified himself as lazy but also shows some lack of common behaviour.

And question back: If it cost you less than 5 minutes to wrote the answer, why should the questioner not invest his 5 minutes to search for his own answer?
It would shows for me, that the user is modest and valued our time the same as his own.;)

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
People, if you don't want to answer the fucking question, just don't, don't be a dick about it, don't try and act like you are better then anyone, just fucking go about your day, this only bothers you because you want it to bother you.

edit: this sounded way angrier than it was. sorry about that.

KrystofDayne

Donor
Dec 9, 2019
It is sometimes like this:
post 1(user x): News about update?
post 2(user y): No, because ......
post 3(user z): UPDATE?!?

So for me any user is lazy if he didn't read the OP, skimmed what it's linked in the OP or skimmed through the the current page and 1-2 page in past of the thread. From the most asked questions most of them wouldn't needed to be asked (again).

So, in my eyes not only an user classified himself as lazy but also shows some lack of common behaviour.

And question back: If it cost you less than 5 minutes to wrote the answer, why should the questioner not invest his 5 minutes to search for his own answer?
It would shows for me, that the user is modest and valued our time the same as his own.;)
I think what's lost in this discussion is that we ofc don't notice all the people that do a simple search and therefore never ask. We don't notice them, but only those too lazy to do a search. Classic survivorship bias.

xxTHESTYGIANxx

Nov 11, 2018
Wow so much anger on here over a question of an update.

Okay there was a post several pages back, in it the user answered every commonly asked question. Even provided links. Second yes go to Patreon for an update question. Third I get it I really do. A couple of days is clearly undefined.

When it comes down to it click the patreon link read what he wrote it will save the typing time for those asking. For those getting pissy just a simple answer or better yet ignore the comment and keep reading but all this for a question we all know will be asked 1000 more times before this game ends? Quit getting mad at the crap you cant change and will never be close to changing. Accept it and ignore it.

Uncle Loco

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 28, 2020
I think the problem is that some of the regulars here get sick of seeing the same questions over and over again. We had it on the same page a few times. I get the frustration which is why I made that mini FAQ post, and why I will continue to update it over time. I know it is easy to ignore them just as easy as it is to respond. We are all excited for the new update and hopefully all just as concerned with BD. Some of users just got so used to the regular updates and now that we haven't had one in a while they don't understand why since they don't invest the time to find out why. Others have stayed on top of what is going on and fully support BD and everything he is doing. Just be patient with all of us and remember we are all here for a game we all enjoy. Feel free to refer anyone to the WVM mini FAQ Link: https://f95zone.to/threads/wvm-day-1-7-v0-7-6-braindrop.35910/post-3800521 or direct them to the first page of the discussion thread which has the link there as well.

Now go back to trying to patiently wait for the next update with out fighting.

michael1984

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
Yeah i get the frustration about having to answer every page when the new update will arrive

But thats in every tread the same ... So its unavoidable ... And not worth the time to get upset about lol...

Just ignore those questions if u dont feel answering those

Lets hope we can get some payback on ryker in that bowling scene :ROFLMAO:

Uncle Loco

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 28, 2020
Lets hope we can get some payback on ryker in that bowling scene
I can't wait till we can finally get back at that guy and his meathead Gorg. I know he is great for the story, but the sooner they can be dealt with the better. He is the reason I still don't trust Charles or Katie (Sorry Katie no lewd scenes with you in my saves until you can be proven trustworthy). I also feel that Kenji is working for Ryker too so any chance to avoid Kenji and maybe even Damien (I want to trust him but he is being dumb and working for Ryker) I will take it. I think I would even avoid them in actual games if they give you options on how to proceed with scoring or passing once they get in there.

DMon1981

Jul 19, 2019
The frustration is likely coming from members who do not want BD to see multiple posts asking for an update which may put pressure on him as he has had a hard time recently.

Anyone who follows WVM should know by now that BD has loyal followers that are looking out for his interests, and always ask for patience from those who love this as much as them.

BD has earned some slack as his work ethic has been prodigious and I am sure will be again.

3.70 star(s) 639 Votes