Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
BUT a black box just seems stupid to me.
At that point just show the face. What's wrong with that?
That's why it's stupid to have a faceless protagonist. Unless you plan on doing nothing but PoV, which is kinda bad for staging, kissing, hugs and sex scenes it just knee caps you. Like I'll give credit that some devs do a pretty good job at it, Like Killer7, but most of the time it just makes any scene that should have the MC's face in it utterly fucking ridiculous.

Niuul

Jun 25, 2022
That's why it's stupid to have a faceless protagonist. Unless you plan on doing nothing but PoV, which is kinda bad for staging, kissing, hugs and sex scenes it just knee caps you. Like I'll give credit that some devs do a pretty good job at it, Like Killer7, but most of the time it just makes any scene that should have the MC's face in it utterly fucking ridiculous.
Yeah, not quite sure they wouldn't just make it a generic buzzed haircut MC so that they could atleast show the back of their head and wouldn't need all that much to block out the eyes/nose in other scenes. Could have even done a team photo from the front but used a lens flare to mask the MC's face or something.

Might have even been a fun thing to string along through the game as well. Some scenes show a little more or a little less of the face as a tease then at the very end of the game they can do another championship team winning photo and finally show the MC's face or some shit. But... has bigger problems then that lol

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
MC played half a game and if i remember correctly the majority of it had render labels akin to "basketball game 1 of 6" at the bottom of it during the MCs part. Then the MC got ejected and suspended the remainder of the exhibition games. Oh yeah, and there's still giant black boxes over the MC's face in some renders instead of the dev trying to cleverly hide it with a scene object or something.
I absolutely agree. Had given examples in the past of how it could have been done, including with regard to Ditlo Harper, where it's about as embarrassing. I maintain that it would work even in a basketball game, problem is that BD takes the path of least effort and only as rarely as necessary. And nothing should be easier than inserting an image into Paint and slapping a black box on it, or scribbling over it with the brush tool.

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
I absolutely agree. Had given examples in the past of how it could have been done, including with regard to Ditlo Harper, where it's about as embarrassing. I maintain that it would work even in a basketball game, problem is that BD takes the path of least effort and only as rarely as necessary. And nothing should be easier than inserting an image into Paint and slapping a black box on it, or scribbling over it with the brush tool.
I wouldn't be at all surprised if the reason we never see the mc's face is actually because he used the daz face transfer tool and has his own face on the MC...

HiHaHo

Jan 2, 2023
I wouldn't be at all surprised if the reason we never see the mc's face is actually because he used the daz face transfer tool and has his own face on the MC...
heh i said same thing after i played it when it got released

Jun 26, 2023
Well since we all know that Brain Drop ain't releasing anything until July , (we assume due to him "having to watch" all the sports) , it turns out that The NHL Playoffs have SOMEHOW been forced to Game 7. From a 0-3 defecit , to now winning 3 in a row , The Edmonton Oilers are on the verge of one of the biggest comebacks in not only NHL, but possibly sports history!

I'm not even the biggest hockey fan, but LET'S GO OILERS!

That is all.

Reactions: Manford

Hyuki

Dec 12, 2019
Honestly I don’t even see the issue with just making him some generic dude with scruffy hair. We’ve already seen his chiselled jawline so the projecting onto him element is not a big deal IMHO

RuthBlackett

May 8, 2024
Anyone have COMPRESSED link ?
You need to change your search settings so that it starts from the last post - that way if it give a hit on "compressed", it will be the most recent - quite likely posted the same day the game goes up.

Click your username at the top of the sidebar.

Click "Preferences"

Click "Preferences" again on the left side of the screen

Find "Search Options" about halfway down the screen

Select "Most Recent"

After that, when you want to find compressed versions, go to the search bar at the top, enter "compressed", make sure "This thread" is selected, and search, and Bob's your uncle*.

If there is a recent compressed version, that'll find it.

==========================

* Something i picked up from my Brit friends...

Reactions: Wc34qq and 95er

Wolfeszorn

Jul 24, 2021
HOW MUCH LONGER FOR THE NEXT DAMN UPDATE. This is one of my Fav VNs but having to wait over 3 months between updates is Bullshit. Shit im still waiting on the rework of days 1 - 31 {!!!!!!!!!! W T F !!!!!!!!!!!}
Only 3 Months? Pretty sure there was supposed to be a big update end of last year. But hey, we´ll talk again when he hits another "2 years without an update" mark ;)

hic86

Jul 24, 2022
So by the looks of it, he's delayed the post about the delays to the update? I'm kinda hoping for a fresh and humorous excuse this time around. Sure the classics are good for a chuckle... but I am craving something fresh.

talonx4

May 16, 2019
So by the looks of it, he's delayed the post about the delays to the update? I'm kinda hoping for a fresh and humorous excuse this time around. Sure the classics are good for a chuckle... but I am craving something fresh.
"My assistant Mackenzie found this stray kitten. She is always helping animals and has a good heart. She brought it over to my house while we were finishing the update. Right before I could publish the update, the kitten fell out of my office window and broke its leg. I heroically splinted the cats leg and we ran it to a 24 hour animal hospital three states over because it is the best one money can buy. Now Mackenzie and I are nursing this cat back to health. Slow delay, i know, but I just can't leave the poor little kitten hanging. He needs help and I feel somewhat responsible. Needless to say, taking care of the poor little kitten is taking up a lot of time and resources. I will need to un-pause the patreon page so I can cover the expensive medical bills for this kitten. I have great news next week for you though! Stay tuned! P.S. Its Samanthas birthday tomorrow. You all remember her right? You saw one render in it with her in the background. Wish Sammy a happy birthday! Much love - Braindead."

3.70 star(s) 650 Votes