Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
Why the fuck would he give himself a deadline again, he is the GOAT of setting his own deadlines and then not meeting them
:LUL:
Now come on... we don't really know what month he was talking about, I mean sure, Typically when someone types "This Month" you think it means the current month of the year that you are in, but for all we know he could have has his finger pointing to a calendar of May 2036 when he typed that...

preglovr12

Salt is a Way of Life
May 1, 2018
Now come on... we don't really know what month he was talking about, I mean sure, Typically when someone types "This Month" you think it means the current month of the year that you are in, but for all we know he could have has his finger pointing to a calendar of May 2036 when he typed that...
We were promised Episode 13 on October 31st in Dev Report #25, we're on pace for that at least.

Dev Report #25 (October 14th, 2023)

Yo!

So, not going to waste any time.
The update will not be today and as a result, I will be pausing pledges for November.
Let's talk about when it will be released.

So, I bit off more than I could chew. This update has expanded to a point where I've fallen into some old issues and I'm struggling with finalizing it. Namely with making the scenes flow into each other.
So, as I have no interest in falling back into the headspace I was in half a year ago... I'm going to do the same thing I did to get out of my situation back then before I'm actually there.
I'm splitting this update into two parts to help make it easier for me to finalize mentally. One 400 render update to be released on the 19th. And one 300 render update to be released on the 24th. And then episode 13 will be released on the 31st. Each of these releases will be tiered by an hour. (So it unlocks for a lower tier every hour instead of the usual 24 hours)
I do deeply apologize for taking this much time and failing my goal. I take full responsibility for the lack of updates recently as it has been a result of poor planning and execution on my end.

I do plan on achieving the remainder of the goals I set for October.

With that said... it brings me to something I've wanted to speak on for a few weeks now. It doesn't take a mathematician to realize that the 52/52 isn't going to plan. So I want to talk about it.
The 52/52 started as a way to help relieve me of my release anxiety and to get content out in a consistent way. I set the goal of 100 renders a week and I had the mindset of pretty much just releasing whatever I was able to make in a week.
Well, the issue with that has been the releasing whatever I've made. I've really struggled with releasing something just to release it. I feel shitty putting something out that I don't feel is worth downloading and playing yet. I tried to solve one issue by drastically going in the opposite direction.
Which is why I took extra time on almost all of the releases so far. I wanted the scene with Bailey and Rainn to be played all at once, I was having fun with the Skye scene and wanted to expand it, I wanted to have all of the traveling to Florida at once.
Essentially I just want to put out a fun experience and I know most of you guys would have fun even if those were all segmented throughout weeks but there's just something about it that has irked me that I thought wouldn't.
It's just time for me to accept that this isn't the answer to my issue.
So... something has to change but I don't want anything drastic. I know I struggle with larger releases so I'm really not interested in going back to that. I feel like the easiest compromise is just to release scenes as they are completed. I categorize scenes essentially as events. So for instance the events listed in the image would all count as a scene.
Sometimes scenes will be shorter though I don't think I'd bother releasing anything under 100 renders, sometimes they'll be in the 250-ish range.
I feel this is the easiest way to fix my current issue. The main goal is still 100 renders a week and to release the equivalent of that in whatever time allotment I have to finish a scene.

But yeah, that's all I have to share for the moment. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
As always, thank you all so much for everything and please take care.
Spread some love and have a wonderful week everyone!
Sorry for the ping

KiryuKazuma095

Apr 30, 2023
2036??Damn will we be here then??who knows

OEJ

'Dirth ma, harellan. Ma banal enasalin. Mar solas'
Donor
Dec 9, 2017
We were promised Episode 13 on October 31st in Dev Report #25, we're on pace for that at least.

Sorry for the ping
1719222614487.png

Dont worry, he is losing his braindead followers so he will once again throw them a bone and those idiots will be back supporting him. :KEK: :KEK: :KEK:

soo many devs put blood sweat and tears into thier games and we get spergs downvoting those games for stupidest reasons and gatekeeping others from playing them and on the other hand we have this

Akabakka

Jul 12, 2023
Eh, disagree there. MtC and WVM are just doing different things, not really a fair comparison (to either).
Of course they are different and on different paths ... but nah on some aspects it's fair . Both used a sport as a hook and concept , but one straight up lie about it and ditches it , the other still uses it as a core component of its story :p

Eayz3n

Oct 12, 2018
View attachment 3765334

Dont worry, he is losing his braindead followers so he will once again throw them a bone and those idiots will be back supporting him. :KEK: :KEK: :KEK:

soo many devs put blood sweat and tears into thier games and we get spergs downvoting those games for stupidest reasons and gatekeeping others from playing them and on the other hand we have this
Fking hell if i convert that in my country`s money , hes making in a month what i make in 2years :KEK:

• Wow
Reactions: sakosux and OEJ

H4MPU5

Aug 9, 2021
Blud really said saturday or sunday and now it's monday (I am delusional can't remember more than this delay, wow father Braindrop why is thou so bad as to delay it by a day I would never expect this from you, ohhhh father Braindrop may you have posted the update when I get home after my night shift, Ohhhhh father Braindrop I am begging please)

preglovr12

Salt is a Way of Life
May 1, 2018
Blud really said saturday or sunday and now it's monday (I am delusional can't remember more than this delay, wow father Braindrop why is thou so bad as to delay it by a day I would never expect this from you, ohhhh father Braindrop may you have posted the update when I get home after my night shift, Ohhhhh father Braindrop I am begging please)
Exactly, dude cant even get a dev report out on time...

RW191

Jul 19, 2023
little refresher for you then. he says he's going to release 13 + 14 by the end of the month. 13 was supposed to be released in October. :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: henry hopkin

hic86

Jul 24, 2022
Hopefully we'll get a post explaining the delayed post explaining about the delay.

Another couple of weeks that's going to get long and confusing.
Before long it'll be the apology post for the delay on the delayed post about the delayed update.... which is now also further delayed.

Delayed (just felt like I needed to squeeze in another delayed... or was that too much?)

HiHaHo

Jan 2, 2023
Before long it'll be the apology post for the delay on the delayed post about the delayed update.... which is now also further delayed.

Delayed (just felt like I needed to squeeze in another delayed... or was that too much?)
yeah and you know by the time hes done whit all that ,a other month or 2 will have gone by
and you know what that means? time for a other vacation!

• Haha
Reactions: hic86
3.70 star(s) 650 Votes