wyldspace

Game Developer
Jan 17, 2022
Every1sGrudge

Thank you for the kind words.

Regarding the trauma scene: The trauma was caused by being in confined spaces. Kassia has not experienced rape in her past. If that didn't come through, we're going to have to rework it.

Everyone is now asking for a skip function (including my tester :) ). So I guess I have to figure that one out.

The RPG elements are a underdeveloped at the moment. As it stands it's a single person project. The prospects are to hire more talent once it takes off to increase the content.

As always, if you have any ideas, feel free to let me know

TomUK

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2021
Nice game, didn't see most of the preview pics in the game, are they not implemented yet?

TomUK

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2021
Oh btw, can you put the game into full screen mode, I tried everything I could think off but it wouldn't work.

wyldspace

Game Developer
Jan 17, 2022
Oh btw, can you put the game into full screen mode, I tried everything I could think off but it wouldn't work.
added to the list.
pics 3,5,6 and 7 are in the 1.3.0 version in patreon. simply because it has more sexy

Shadowen

Oct 19, 2018
Question - is there currently any point to doing the quest's in the 1st week?

Apart from getting some minor xp from the goblins you seem to fight, the quest's themselves don't seem to do anything right now, at least from what I can see. Seems better to just pass the time to speed through the 1st week...
----------------------------

Possible bug (in edition posted here): When MC reunites with Greg in the 1st week... the order of the discussion seems messed up.

- We meet Greg again
- He says to follow him
- Then get a msg about going home thinking about playing as a monster
- We then have a scene with MC and Greg talking about their pasts
- Then Greg wonders where his game-band is with an image of some hand grabbing it
- Then goes straight to the login scene.

Seems the order is messed up, and information is completely missing - I knew from the OP in this thread we'd eventually get to play as a monster... but that never gets mentioned at all in-game at the time, apart from that out-of-place "Going home" msg.

Uploaded a screenshot of conversation history showing the timeline.
-------------

Bug #2 - Blank screen upon game load.

I'd just had the 1st talk with (sorry, name blank) in the gaming room and discussed poker. I either saved during it, or right after getting back to the main game screen.

Had to reload... just to find I'm going to have to replay all of the 1st week, because the save just shows a blank screen, and my previous save was way back at the start of the game.

Lesson learned: have multiple saves always, and always alternate between them... having to reclick mindlessly through all of week 1 again is not fun.

I've attached a screenshot showing what my screen shows when I load that save. I've also uploaded the save file that takes me to this screen, if that helps.

Last edited:
Reactions: Doctor Shark

wyldspace

Game Developer
Jan 17, 2022
Thank you, I'll take a look at the bug and the dialog.
Having the savefile definitely helps.

To answer the question of the first week: It's more of an intro. The XP and prestige will become necessary for upgrades later.
I had to program all those mechanics first before delving more into the story.

Reactions: Shadowen

Belphegor007

Aug 23, 2016
1 - no
2 - no
2.1 - yes
3 - not specified yet.

More explanation?
1 - the patreon Version will not contain rape. Consent to engage in activities will be influenced by the mc so they can be avoided.
2 - apart from the mc as hero or monster, there will be other VR npc that will show interest. The MC can encourage or discourage engaging, influencing the girls actions.
3 - Part of patreon will entail polling subscribers for priorities. I would assume the non-pure path will yield more content, but I cannot give you numbers at this point.
Annoyed that my post was deleted, but whatever.

Good luck on your game and I hope no one else complains about the content.

wyldspace

Game Developer
Jan 17, 2022
Possible bug (in edition posted here): When MC reunites with Greg in the 1st week... the order of the discussion seems messed up.

Bug #2 - Blank screen upon game load.
Thank you for bringing these two to my attention.
I have changed the dialogue to make it more coherent. The initial idea was to have Fred initiate the monster play, but that has changed.

As to the quest bug: I have put a fix in the current version. I can't fix the public atm, since I didn't do the git checkpoint correctly for that one. For now, don't save during a girl talk. Thank you for helping making this more stable

Reactions: Shadowen

Doctor Shark

Nov 7, 2019
Second what Shadowen said. Tried a new play of v0.1.2.3 and it's very tedious. Kasa was unavailable most of the first evening and I would die in two or three hits and just watch the girls fight for a few minutes. It's also just really unclear what I'm supposed to be doing. I think if there were immediate goals: earn X prestige or get Tavern or Healing (or both!) to Y then there'd be some meaning. Or things to spend Prestige on at least.

Should I just be skipping time through the first week?

Reactions: Madrak

wyldspace

Game Developer
Jan 17, 2022
Second what Shadowen said. Tried a new play of v0.1.2.3 and it's very tedious. Kasa was unavailable most of the first evening and I would die in two or three hits and just watch the girls fight for a few minutes. It's also just really unclear what I'm supposed to be doing. I think if there were immediate goals: earn X prestige or get Tavern or Healing (or both!) to Y then there'd be some meaning. Or things to spend Prestige on at least.

Should I just be skipping time through the first week?

I am currently working on the skill upgrade system for release 1.4. After that it will be clearer what XP and prestige are for.
The first weeks fights will not be very exciting simply because they are meant as a tutorial. I might have dragged them out for too long. I will investigate how to automate - auto resolve easy fights.
The MC is squishy by design. It will later allow him to die in a fight and then reappear as a monster during quest chains. He will also gain evasive skills if that's not desired.
As the game is right now, none of these things really matter, but I am working on implementing more mechanics.

Deleted member 2755092

Aug 20, 2020
The only grief I've got with the game so far, is how long the fights are.

Winning or loosing, simply takes way too long. The same goes with the girls being captured, it just seemed to take for freaking ever. If we can stop it, then fine, but if we can not save them during the fight, make it go faster, there's no reason for the fights to drag on for so long for normal/standard mobs.

As for the rest, the story is not bad so far, the pictures are pretty nice, as were the backgrounds.

If anything, while it doesn't seem to be actually slow (like hanging or not responsive), things feel a bit slow: clicking choices, things seem to "wait" for a tiny bit, making it feel "sluggish". It might just be my impression only, but it felt "slow/sluggish" when choices had to be selected, without the game looking like it was struggling or anything like that, it just "feels slow", kinda hard to describe better I'm afraid.

wyldspace

Game Developer
Jan 17, 2022
The only grief I've got with the game so far, is how long the fights are.

Winning or loosing, simply takes way too long. The same goes with the girls being captured, it just seemed to take for freaking ever. If we can stop it, then fine, but if we can not save them during the fight, make it go faster, there's no reason for the fights to drag on for so long for normal/standard mobs.

As for the rest, the story is not bad so far, the pictures are pretty nice, as were the backgrounds.

If anything, while it doesn't seem to be actually slow (like hanging or not responsive), things feel a bit slow: clicking choices, things seem to "wait" for a tiny bit, making it feel "sluggish". It might just be my impression only, but it felt "slow/sluggish" when choices had to be selected, without the game looking like it was struggling or anything like that, it just "feels slow", kinda hard to describe better I'm afraid.
Did you play on windows or html.
Html is missing preloading at this point, loading the next picture takes time.

im looking into speeding up the fights.

TomUK

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2021

It takes ages in windows as well, I don't think he was complaining about load times. Also the amount of times the MC misses is crazy. You got a party of 5 with one healer that doesn't heal most of the time, died a few times because of that. When the orcs capture the girls there doesn't seem to be anything you can do except for fighting to try and stop them, although I think the first time that is the point, but I hope going forward further in the game that you can try to save them from being capture.

Deleted member 2755092

Aug 20, 2020

It takes ages in windows as well, I don't think he was complaining about load times. Also the amount of times the MC misses is crazy. You got a party of 5 with one healer that doesn't heal most of the time, died a few times because of that. When the orcs capture the girls there doesn't seem to be anything you can do except for fighting to try and stop them, although I think the first time that is the point, but I hope going forward further in the game that you can try to save them from being capture.
Yep, I was using the windows client.
And Tom is exactly on point for the fights. There's just too many turns/actions, each seemingly have a small "break in between", the DPS for both enemies and allies seems to be extremely low, with a lot of misses, which leads to pretty long and slow fights. I mean, I ended up just watching a movie during the fights, because you only click twice per round, each round having a lot of hit/misses to go through, with no offense meant, it gets very boring very quickly, since there's literally nothing for the player to do, especially after dying. Once the Mc dies, we just end up watching... not much.

As for the client feeling of slowness, I just want to make it clear the client is not struggling and is not loading either from the look of things. It just seems to have small pauses happening when clicking choices and so on. I'm sorry for not being able to explain it better, but, it's just got that feeling of things not happening "quickly" when you click, like there are small delays or something along those lines.

wyldspace

Game Developer
Jan 17, 2022
That fight is scripted, correct. It's there to purely drive the story.
Later fights will be more fair.

I will be adjusting parameters as needed. Also, if you have any ideas on how to make the fights more engaging, let me know.

TomUK

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2021

I will be adjusting parameters as needed. Also, if you have any ideas on how to make the fights more engaging, let me know.
I think my first fight was against one orc and that still took 3 or 4 rounds to kill it because of all the misses, the MC only has 20hp, only one of the girls has less hp with one having 50hp, MC needs more starting HP if he is a fighter.

TomUK

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2021
On another game play related note, when you get the Buck fight, if you don't do the fight when it first appears will it appear every time until you take it?

wyldspace

Game Developer
Jan 17, 2022
The mc is a manipulator, less a fighter. The whole point of him going down early is to come back as a monster later in quest chains.
He will gain avoidance abilities at later levels.
The buck has a chance to proc every time when you take the buck quest, which itself has a fairly low chance to proc.
Maybe I’ll combine it with the hunting quest.

Deleted member 2755092

Aug 20, 2020

Unfortunately, this does tend to happen when it's a turn based fight with many allies and enemies.
Aside for having the ability to control allies as well, and have things to do during the fight, this is not a problem that will go away I'm afraid.

Long story short, let's say we have 5 allies and 4 enemies, no matter how you try to wiggle around it, that'll be 9 actions per turns until things start dying, with only 1 or 2 clicks for the MC, the rest of the turn will be just watching with no interactions from the player. The only things you can do, are to either lower the amount of actions per turns, or make allies or enemies die/get captured a lot faster.

You can try to cheat by adding extra strong critical hits from whichever side is supposed to win the fight, or add double/triple attacks (usually using a small RNG, which allows you to easily add more or less of those as needed to keep some sort of balance in check.) The other issue you are having, is that each hit/check, seems to take a rather long time. I looked at a battle attentively, and it does seem like each hit is taking a lot longer than it should, which is not helping the feeling of slowness.

The other alternatives you have, are that each fight's result gets decided at the start of the battle, but then the player's actions would be meaningless. Then again, seeing the battles and what seem to be your goal to have the MC die, log out and come back as a monster, I am wondering if the player needs to have any input in the battles. This could be an option to consider as well, but I'm not sure how well this would be received by other players. You may want to have a poll on the various options to see what people would prefer maybe?

The last option I can think of, and which is in my opinion the ugliest, is the ability to skip fights altogether. But, and with absolutely no offense meant, until the game has a lot more content, this will drastically reduce the playtime of people, since at the moment, most of the time spent in there, is with the fights. So that's to be kept in mind as well.

As it stands, I'm not entirely sure what you are planning long term for the story or fight (ie: are we meant to loose most of the fights or not?), and as such, it is difficult to know if the fight and interactions within the fights are needed at all. As it stands with what is currently available, I'd much prefer having a couple of animations instead of the fights, with the outcome/animations being pre-determined. It would at least be a lot shorter. You could, if you chose this way, give a much better and more detailed view of the girls being stripped off as well.

Reactions: Moisan4

wyldspace

Game Developer
Jan 17, 2022
I have a demo where every member of the team goes at the same time. Hit me up on discord if you’re interested.

3.40 star(s) 8 Votes