BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
This message:
I think I see where the misconception is.
I am a strong believer in giving the player control over the situation. So everything that happens to the girl is ultimately due to the players clear choices. You have the option to keep them away from all the nasties in VR. Or alternatively throw them into the pit of humiliation.
It’s all under your control (as opposed to real life)
That being said, there will be some challenges in the game.
is different from this statement:

If you don't like seeing the girls having sex with someone other than the MC than this game is not for you.
I'm not sure how both can be true at the same time.

FurFan

May 4, 2017
Tried the goblin quest "Raid the fields" after the meeting room scene and I just get a black screen. Tried with multiple goblin party sizes but never recovers.

1675801542957.png
Also, any chance for the addition of a SKIP button?

I'm also seeing the combat text stating that goblins are attacking other party members that I didn't include in the MC's party.

Last edited:

sictbttwagr

Mar 9, 2017
It would be great to have a combat speed setting. Currently fights take forever, even when the MC dies and there's no input.

EDIT: Also, I don't think it means anything yet...but two things with the quest rewards.
1. Both quests increase the effectiveness of the healing.
2. The effectiveness resets on day 2.

Desuro

Sep 6, 2016
Thanks Canto for reposting and interpreting the public posts from the Patreon site.

To address some remarks and questions (starting from the latest):
Saving outside the guild/ monsterscreen is possible in 0.1.2. That was part of the major rewrite I did for the way quests work. Please note that the game is still in a very early stage and changes are happening. For the next few iterations I will focus on adding more events (sexual and non-sexual).

Regarding the topic of tags:
There will be no rape. Simply because Patreon does not allow for that. 0.1.2 storyline explains and expands on it.

On the topic of BDSM:
Girls will be tied up when captured. There will also be punishment scenes with BDSM elements in game. There are also BDSM scenes planned outside the VR.

And finally NTR:
I understand that F95 users have strong feelings about this topic. I'm not going to start the debate on this. Instead I will make this very clear:

If you don't like seeing the girls having sex with someone other than the MC than this game is not for you.

There will be multiple occasions in this game where this can happen:
- Girls are captured by monsters. The MC can prevent this through good gameplay and or playing as monster and negotiating the release/ easing the consequences. Of course as monster the MC can also encourage the opposite to happen.
- Lewd in game scenes with NPC. The MC can encourage or discourage for the girls to interact with other non-monster NPC to improve the standing of the guild and thus grow more powerful faster (yes, it's an excuse to see more sex)
- Neglect of the girl. This is the one most will likely object to. But I don't like how most games have no consequences. If you neglect the girl, she will seek out other opportunities. Simple as that.

All of those options are on the table and can be influenced by the player during the game. The tricky part for me is to balance it properly so your decisions will be meaningful.

Hope this concludes the discussion of the content. I will update the tags accordingly.
All I can see after "There will be multiple occasions in this game where this can happen" is
- Less scenes for the male MC
- Less scenes for the male MC
- See the same sex scenes you already watched over and over again or the consequence is another scene without the male MC in it
You also want to have an option to play as a Monster so that means even less scenes for the male MC, ye defo not for me but I can see the non vanilla crowd enjoying the game so good luck with it.

herbz

Apr 30, 2018
Personally I have read enough, and in books I have never felt that I'm the protagonist of it. I've actually practiced a lot of immersion with games like D&D and Vampire the Masquerade, where you play the role of a character, and that's what I like to do in games, play the role of the MC. In a book I never consider that the protagonist is me, in a game I like to interpret that I'm the protagonist of it. They are completely different things.
FFS
You just said what im trying to say, you've read a lot and you don't self insert. YA authors specifically make the protags of their books the same as the demographic they're selling to so its easier for kids to get interested. But you've read enough other stuff to grow out of that! thats all im trying to say

• Angry
Reactions: Larry2000

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
FFS
You just said what im trying to say, you've read a lot and you don't self insert. YA authors specifically make the protags of their books the same as the demographic they're selling to so its easier for kids to get interested. But you've read enough other stuff to grow out of that! thats all im trying to say
Personally in a book I read a story that is happening to others, while in a game I want to play like I'm the main character. One thing doesn't exclude the other.

Shadowen

Oct 19, 2018
I see the usual suspects have discovered this game, and are up to their usual shenanigans.

My advice to the dev: make the game you want, as changing will likely lead to chasing supporters away and/or burn-out as you'll no longer enjoy making the game as it's not what you want - and yes, this has happened previously as seen on these forums when the usual suspects come a-clamoring and new/weak-willed dev's caved in.

In regards to the game:

- Curious, what engine it uses?
- I also see that there is no gallery (well, comments saying such, games not running for me atm so can't check... pc issue I think), any plans on one?

Reactions: Ogre

wyldspace

Game Developer
Jan 17, 2022
- Curious, what engine it uses?
- I also see that there is no gallery (well, comments saying such, games not running for me atm so can't check... pc issue I think), any plans on one?
The game engine is Godot, allowing me to be a lot more flexible, but requiring a lot more upfront work.
I am handling the gallery differently. Instead of the classical gallery, certain scenes can be replayed, where the MC discovers events that he missed because he was absent.

Kajula81

Jan 16, 2018
Tried the quest "Raid the fields" after the meeting room scene and I just get a black screen. Tried with multiple goblin party sizes but never recovers.

View attachment 2373888
Also, any chance for the additon of a SKIP button?

I'm also seeing the combat text stating that goblins are attacking other party members that I didn't include in the MC's party.
Same problem...

Reactions: JediMaster077

wyldspace

Game Developer
Jan 17, 2022
Tried the goblin quest "Raid the fields" after the meeting room scene and I just get a black screen. Tried with multiple goblin party sizes but never recovers.

Also, any chance for the addition of a SKIP button?

I uploaded a new fix for the raid issue

As for the skip, try auto in the dialogue and hit that space bar.

the combat text issue is a new one for me. I'll have to investigate that.

Thank you for the feedback!

Ogre

Mar 29, 2018
Okay can we maybe leave the dev to decide which tag fits to the game he has created or wants to create? Nobody called for the tag-police.
Some people here are literally incapable of doing that. Their only goal seems to be to shit up every thread reclassifying everything as the scary NTR boogeyman. That way they can endlessly whine about NTR and call other people cucks. It's annoying as all fuck.

I don't even like NTR, but I don't feel the need to get my panties in a knot every time a developer does something that doesn't perfectly appeal to my personal fantasies. I just move on to one of the 10,000 other games on here.

rance4747

May 25, 2018
Thanks Canto for reposting and interpreting the public posts from the Patreon site.

To address some remarks and questions (starting from the latest):
Saving outside the guild/ monsterscreen is possible in 0.1.2. That was part of the major rewrite I did for the way quests work. Please note that the game is still in a very early stage and changes are happening. For the next few iterations I will focus on adding more events (sexual and non-sexual).

Regarding the topic of tags:
There will be no rape. Simply because Patreon does not allow for that. 0.1.2 storyline explains and expands on it.

On the topic of BDSM:
Girls will be tied up when captured. There will also be punishment scenes with BDSM elements in game. There are also BDSM scenes planned outside the VR.

And finally NTR:
I understand that F95 users have strong feelings about this topic. I'm not going to start the debate on this. Instead I will make this very clear:

There will be multiple occasions in this game where this can happen:
- Girls are captured by monsters. The MC can prevent this through good gameplay and or playing as monster and negotiating the release/ easing the consequences. Of course as monster the MC can also encourage the opposite to happen.
- Lewd in game scenes with NPC. The MC can encourage or discourage for the girls to interact with other non-monster NPC to improve the standing of the guild and thus grow more powerful faster (yes, it's an excuse to see more sex)
- Neglect of the girl. This is the one most will likely object to. But I don't like how most games have no consequences. If you neglect the girl, she will seek out other opportunities. Simple as that.

All of those options are on the table and can be influenced by the player during the game. The tricky part for me is to balance it properly so your decisions will be meaningful.

Hope this concludes the discussion of the content. I will update the tags accordingly.
Patreon is arbitrary about non-con in the best of days. You get games like ravager when you as a dragon can rape even eat waifus, or enslave and brainwash someone like in Something Unlimited and, and then you get people being banned just for the incest or BDSM like Summertime Saga was for a time. Please dont remove such content and simply release "unofficial patches" in places outside of patreon instead.

wyldspace

Game Developer
Jan 17, 2022
  1. Is there unavoidable rape?
  2. Is the MC the only character that will have sex with the main girls?
    1. If not can the MC prevent the girls from having sex with the other characters?
  3. What amount of focus scene wise will the MC appear in?
    1. example: 30% MC/70% Monsters/degradation
1 - no
2 - no
2.1 - yes
3 - not specified yet.

More explanation?
1 - the patreon Version will not contain rape. Consent to engage in activities will be influenced by the mc so they can be avoided.
2 - apart from the mc as hero or monster, there will be other VR npc that will show interest. The MC can encourage or discourage engaging, influencing the girls actions.
3 - Part of patreon will entail polling subscribers for priorities. I would assume the non-pure path will yield more content, but I cannot give you numbers at this point.

Last edited by a moderator:

docclox

Game Developer
Aug 20, 2016
A bit of feedback.

First of all, I have no objection to seeing goblins have their way with the girls. I also don't mind sending the girls out to interact with NPCs, although I'll probably have to be in the right mood for that. Not mad keen on seeing them go off on their own with others ... but so long as that can be managed by paying proper attention, I don't foresee a problem.

Other than that: love the models and the renders. The VG game setup is a well trodden path these days, but your writing is decent enough that the game never seems trite or formulaic. I love the dual hero/monster logins and I'm looking forward to seeing what happens there.

On the minus side ... The first week is kind of boring. Go to school, have a getting-to-know you chat with one of the girls, log on to the game, and then get killed in the first few seconds of a quest, and then watch as the girls auto=play to victor. No agency, no tactical element, just lather, rinse, repeat. If I hadn't gathered from reading the thread that good things were coming, I'd have bailed around day 4. Not sure what I'd suggest as a fix, but it felt like a bit of a chore getting to the good stuff.

Other things - personally speaking, it would be nice if I could turn off the auto-forward on the scenes. Maybe I'm just too used to Ren'Py, but I missed some chunks of dialogue (and some nice renders) because I was distracted from the game and the scene kept rolling on without me. I know I can replay the VR stuff, so it's a minor thing, really.

Anyway, that's about it for the negatives. Good game overall! Don't get derailed by the great NTR debate, and I'm looking forward to seeing what you do next.

wyldspace

Game Developer
Jan 17, 2022
A bit of feedback.

On the minus side ... The first week is kind of boring.

Other things - personally speaking, it would be nice if I could turn off the auto-forward on the scenes.
Thank you for your kind words.
The patreon release has extra scenes in the first week, mostly in game scenes. I am working on adding more.
The auto-forward should be off on default. Press a or the little button (a)uto under the dialog will toggle it. There is a history you can bring up too. Let me know if this works, or if something else is going on.

docclox

Game Developer
Aug 20, 2016
The auto-forward should be off on default. Press a or the little button (a)uto under the dialog will toggle it.
Ah, that makes sense. The text on those buttons rendered tiny for some reason, and I couldn't quite read them. I figured "out "history" (which does work) and "hide" but I couldn't make sense of the third one. I know I pushed it a time or two to see what happened, so that's probably how it got enabled.

Are you planning on an ongoing two-tier system, with some content only ever for-pay, or will all the Patreon stuff eventually make it into the free version? Just out of curiosity.

wyldspace

Game Developer
Jan 17, 2022
All scenes are going to be accessible to all tiers. The only thing exclusive to the final tier is overriding dialog choices if conditions are not met as well as exclusive costumes. These do not have any impact on the gameplay.
I might be adding non-canon replays depending on support and time.

docclox

Game Developer
Aug 20, 2016
Fair enough. Good luck, and I look forward to seeing where you go with this :)

3.40 star(s) 8 Votes