Others Abandoned XStoryPlayer [v3.5.0023] [X Moon Productions]

3.30 star(s) 7 Votes

kakatua22

Feb 24, 2018
Well... here is the damn Tutorial Resource Pack, It took me years to get it. The link will be deleted in 14 days (uploaded 27 november 2019)

Here is the tutorial to get new models in the game

I hope somebody will create some new characters in the near future. Until then I will keep trying to simulate this game in Virt a Mate.

Incognito Guy

totally not zazzaro
Jan 5, 2019
Well... here is the damn Tutorial Resource Pack, It took me years to get it. The link will be deleted in 14 days (uploaded 27 november 2019)

I hope somebody will create some new characters in the near future. Until then I will keep trying to simulate this game in Virt a Mate.
What's this exactly?

Davox

Jul 15, 2017

No offence, but you are a first time poster and nobody on the actual xmoons forum ( ) has ever managed to get a new character to a state they are willing to release. So i'll pass on downloading your file as i'd question its safety and also its actual usefulness.

If indeed you do have something that's of value to modding, post it to the xmoons modding forum and see what they say.

Reactions: kakatua22

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
No offence, but you are a first time poster and nobody on the actual xmoons forum ( ) has ever managed to get a new character to a state they are willing to release. So i'll pass on downloading your file as i'd question its safety and also its actual usefulness.

If indeed you do have something that's of value to modding, post it to the xmoons modding forum and see what they say.
no joke the devs themself didnt progressed anymore ... they buyed pack full of characters that cost more than 150 bucks each (without clothes).
its a very huge amount of money in such a game. and wayy too much work for what finally in. didnt worth it, devs understood that .

to stay on the modding topic.. the actual official modding stuff simply show how to modify existing characters.

i guess there is a way, but its almost impossible to implent completly new characters (including rigged one) in that model in that engine. modding is limited to what exist already about chars. outfits may be implented, but chars... i highly doubt its even possible without access to the dev opened (not released/builded) version of the game.

Reactions: kakatua22

kakatua22

Feb 24, 2018

Don't worry the "truth" doesn't offend me.
When I tried to add my own model I ran into two big obstacles. 1) When I tested my model in the game, it began to bounce everywhere. 2) There is no tutorial for rigging on the game.

About the virus chance, maybe my computer have some virus and windows defender doesnt detected it. But I never decompressed the zip file when I downloaded it, idk if a virus can infect a zip file. I coul've added a checksum but it is too late.

no joke the devs themself didnt progressed anymore ... they buyed pack full of characters that cost more than 150 bucks each (without clothes).
its a very huge amount of money in such a game. and wayy too much work for what finally in. didnt worth it, devs understood that .

to stay on the modding topic.. the actual official modding stuff simply show how to modify existing characters.

i guess there is a way, but its almost impossible to implent completly new characters (including rigged one) in that model in that engine. modding is limited to what exist already about chars. outfits may be implented, but chars... i highly doubt its even possible without access to the dev opened (not released/builded) version of the game.
The story you have told me has taken away my hope on this great game. I suspected something bad happened, which is why I never dared to buy the game...
:( ;(

Deleted member 167032

Alternate Existence
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
I bought the game back in the day, every release. It was simple, frustrating to navigate game but great to play. BEST is to play it with VR headset, man it feels real...

I actually still enjoy the game and also hoped they would continue making it.

Don't worry the "truth" doesn't offend me.
When I tried to add my own model I ran into two big obstacles. 1) When I tested my model in the game, it began to bounce everywhere. 2) There is no tutorial for rigging on the game.

About the virus chance, maybe my computer have some virus and windows defender doesnt detected it. But I never decompressed the zip file when I downloaded it, idk if a virus can infect a zip file. I coul've added a checksum but it is too late.

The story you have told me has taken away my hope on this great game. I suspected something bad happened, which is why I never dared to buy the game...
:( ;(

Reactions: GitinGud
D

Deleted member 809283

They are indeed still working on it.
Rewriting the engine and adding features to it took longer than they anticipated + dev preferring to work on it rather than talk or update about it resulted in years of silence. 1574927860037.png

aifman7

Oct 25, 2017
They are indeed still working on it.
Rewriting the engine and adding features to it took longer than they anticipated + dev preferring to work on it rather than talk or update about it resulted in years of silence.
They've been saying the same thing for years. I'll believe it when I see something more than just talk.

The Duke Nukem Forever devs kept telling their fans that the game was coming and they were still working on it, and that game only took 15 years to develop. And we all know that one turned out great, right?

My point is that they're probably caught in the endless cycle of development hell; "oh, we're taking too long to release so we need to spend more time to update the engine and graphics to compete... but now it's taken too long to do that so we need to start over again"

At a certain point they just need to release something or they're going to find themselves stuck in development hell forever. And I have a feeling whatever they do end up releasing will be far inferior to the other VR games on the market, simply because it's taken them so long and they've so little to show for it.

I hope I'm wrong.

Reactions: njb085
D

Deleted member 809283

At a certain point they just need to release something or they're going to find themselves stuck in development hell forever. And I have a feeling whatever they do end up releasing will be far inferior to the other VR games on the market, simply because it's taken them so long and they've so little to show for it.

I hope I'm wrong.
First of all, xstoryplayer is a VR possibly supported, but certainly not exclusive or "developed for" title.
Expect first release without any VR functionality apart from crude stereoscopic mode.

They have historically been close mouthed and only a couple weeks ago released the statement that I attached in my earlier post.

Last I checked they were supposed to be 3 guys developing the engine in their free time after their daytime jobs.
While I fully understand the point you are trying to make, it is in my opinion not comparable to Duke Nukem Forever and will most likely not take as long.

They don't need to release anything. They are not greedy Patreons dragging their feet either, in fact they do not have any income apart from the rare person buying Xstoryplayer for their VR and the odd donation. Barely anyone knows about Xstoryplayer nowadays, so there is little income, and especially no obligation to do anything or appease anyone.
Development being the part time nature that it is, and nothing can be guaranteed as people are juggling their own private life, plus a failed crowdfunding in the past are likely the reasons for them not to try crowdfunding or patreon again so far. They rather just do it at their pace, in silence. If they would respond to every single person complaining or pressuring them to show something, that would seriously take time off their already extremely limited time to work on it. It's their project, and they will eventually release it. You can then buy it / get it on here, or leave it.

I understand everyone is passionate about it because XSP is one of a kind and a great "game". But If you don't want to pay their rent, car, gas, taxes, whatever, then be patient, is what I try to tell everyone all the time. If I had a donkey shitting gold and assurances, I would probably give them a hundred thousand or more to get them on it full time - but alas, I don't even have actual donkey shit.

Remember, private people silently working away when they have a breather outside of their family and work life.
Just imagine yourself in their shoes, you sleep, go work a full day, come home, shower, cook, eat, spend time with family/friends, probably want to play some game or watch a movie or a show, take a shit, masturbate - then there is still that game you were working on.

You and I wouldn't be The Flash of video game development in their shoes either.

Reactions: GitinGud

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
First of all, xstoryplayer is a VR possibly supported, but certainly not exclusive or "developed for" title.
Expect first release without any VR functionality apart from crude stereoscopic mode.

They have historically been close mouthed and only a couple weeks ago released the statement that I attached in my earlier post.

Last I checked they were supposed to be 3 guys developing the engine in their free time after their daytime jobs.
While I fully understand the point you are trying to make, it is in my opinion not comparable to Duke Nukem Forever and will most likely not take as long.

They don't need to release anything. They are not greedy Patreons dragging their feet either, in fact they do not have any income apart from the rare person buying Xstoryplayer for their VR and the odd donation. Barely anyone knows about Xstoryplayer nowadays, so there is little income, and especially no obligation to do anything or appease anyone.
Development being the part time nature that it is, and nothing can be guaranteed as people are juggling their own private life, plus a failed crowdfunding in the past are likely the reasons for them not to try crowdfunding or patreon again so far. They rather just do it at their pace, in silence. If they would respond to every single person complaining or pressuring them to show something, that would seriously take time off their already extremely limited time to work on it. It's their project, and they will eventually release it. You can then buy it / get it on here, or leave it.

I understand everyone is passionate about it because XSP is one of a kind and a great "game". But If you don't want to pay their rent, car, gas, taxes, whatever, then be patient, is what I try to tell everyone all the time. If I had a donkey shitting gold and assurances, I would probably give them a hundred thousand or more to get them on it full time - but alas, I don't even have actual donkey shit.

Remember, private people silently working away when they have a breather outside of their family and work life.
Just imagine yourself in their shoes, you sleep, go work a full day, come home, shower, cook, eat, spend time with family/friends, probably want to play some game or watch a movie or a show, take a shit, masturbate - then there is still that game you were working on.

You and I wouldn't be The Flash of video game development in their shoes either.
the main problem is mostly that they targeted a big thing, and then realise that its more difficult than they anticipated.

game have serious incredible possibilities and futur, that's for sure... i mean, the closest game i have in mind would be House Party, even tho its different, its the closest i have in mind.

but Xstoryplayer pushed the limit extremly high from the very beginning. not only with the amount of money required (150$ per chars.. no joke lol) , but also lots of work required to do it.

i think if they would have started lower, they probably will be more active now. but they clearly drown themself before swim to the boat (that probably doesnt mean anything, but whatever XD)

imho, i think it will be better if they just restarted completly, keeping the same idea, but going slower in devlopement and not jumping right on the top for falling from it.

now that they put the deal very high from the beginning, its required that they keep the level... and that.. they are definitly not able to do it.

result, its developed as slow as it should have been from beginning. they may not give up on it, but its definitly a bad experience to live with now, for players and devs.

Davox

Jul 15, 2017
Xstoryplayer pushed the limit extremly high from the very beginning. not only with the amount of money required (150$ per chars.. no joke lol) ,
The game sells for $18, they only need to sell 9 copies to recoup that cost, its not a lot of money. I wouldn't be surprised if they'd sold 10k+ license keys over the 8 years its been on sale.

The main issue they face is that when it first launched the Fap game market was very small, its now a lot bigger and way more critical, so they'll find it a lot harder to sell what ever there new game becomes. Developing something that competes with the best of the best is going to take way more effort and money than their original games did and has a much larger risk of not returning on that investment.

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
The game sells for $18, they only need to sell 9 copies to recoup that cost, its not a lot of money. I wouldn't be surprised if they'd sold 10k+ license keys over the 8 years its been on sale.

The main issue they face is that when it first launched the Fap game market was very small, its now a lot bigger and way more critical, so they'll find it a lot harder to sell what ever there new game becomes. Developing something that competes with the best of the best is going to take way more effort and money than their original games did and has a much larger risk of not returning on that investment.
still never see another game in wich you can walk around freely and interact directly with the girls to make them doing stuff (for exempl, grab girl head and pull her head down, she go on her knee and start sucking your cock).
that game definitly have a whole unique market up.
like i say, the only closest game to that is House Party, but it didnt allow to interact directly with the girl.
the text/dial system is a bit off. but the rest is honestly unique and if grow good, can litteraly dominate a whole market.

even with the amount of games todays, the best 3D games allow freeroam, but they didnt allow to interact directly with girls or outfit at the same level of this game.

Red5ive

Apr 13, 2019
Agreed, everything is animated and the characters re-position in real time, no fade to black and re-load the scene like you get in nearly all other 3D games.
The cloth physics are something else. I never tire of slowly unbuttoning a blouse and then slowly pulling it off or catching an edge of a skirt and pulling up to see underneath. Not seen any other 3D game do that.

bulgaro

Aug 30, 2018
I need help with install Game
First install SetupFull2.exe (it works)
Second install SetupFull35.exe after installing (error attached)

Last edited:
Reactions: FoXDoG

SerafinO

May 30, 2018
tell me why I have a game that is slow? it feels like time is slowing down how do I fix it? how do I increase the speed of the game?!

Davox

Jul 15, 2017
tell me why I have a game that is slow? it feels like time is slowing down how do I fix it? how do I increase the speed of the game?!
Tell me why we should help you, when you can't take the 30 seconds it would take to find out for yourself...

• Wow
Reactions: FoXDoG and SerafinO
3.30 star(s) 7 Votes