Collection Video Yeero Collection [2023-06-20] [Yeero]

4.80 star(s) 5 Votes

thestyx

Sep 14, 2020
it could be some kind of placebo effect but i feel like there is a slight loss in quality. especially looking at the animations with a high bitrate like that sombra oil one, feels like the original file has much more detail on the skin etc. than your 60 fps variant. saving filesize is always nice but many people here are looking for the max quality rather than most efficient filesize. but either way i dont really want to complain , thanks alot either way for making all these 60 fps versions :)
The loss of quality you mentioned wasn't because of encoding, it was the interpolation process. Specifically, when extracting frames, we'd convert each frame into an image. MoreFramesAndPixels theory is, typically videos encoded in h.264 using YUV color space, when it's extracted it's changed into RGB. And that's most likely it, some colors will shift and create "blocky" frames if the YUV colors in that area doesn't exist in RGB. I actually use Flowframes too (I think he mentioned it's the thing that he uses to do interpolation), and this problem has been there since forever. I actually tested it by straight reencoding to h.265 vs interpolate to h.264 and the quality loss still appear during interpolation to h.264, this further suggest the quality loss was not due to the reencoding.

Quality loss in changing encoding from h.264 to h.265 is so minimal, that I only found one reliable study which only showed 0.001% of pixel discrepancy, this means nothing to the human eyes. So, the thing we should be looking for is not interpolating to h.264, because it'd have the same blocky frames given the same color space change problem. And here's the good news, it's getting a fix. Flowframe's changelog for the paid beta version 1.26 mentioned color space being automatically retained from the input video, or at the very least in 1.25 there's an option to manually choose color space, but that would mean no auto detection for easy automation. I can't check though because the free version is still on version 1.23.4. So that's probably 1 month for manual color space choice and another month for the automation stuff as I have no intention of paying for the beta versions.

MoreFramesAndPixels, if you have the beta version, can you confirm it's fixed?

Reactions: RaidenZ
Apr 14, 2021
The loss of quality you mentioned wasn't because of encoding, it was the interpolation process. Specifically, when extracting frames, we'd convert each frame into an image. MoreFramesAndPixels theory is, typically videos encoded in h.264 using YUV color space, when it's extracted it's changed into RGB. And that's most likely it, some colors will shift and create "blocky" frames if the YUV colors in that area doesn't exist in RGB. I actually use Flowframes too (I think he mentioned it's the thing that he uses to do interpolation), and this problem has been there since forever. I actually tested it by straight reencoding to h.265 vs interpolate to h.264 and the quality loss still appear during interpolation to h.264, this further suggest the quality loss was not due to the reencoding.

Quality loss in changing encoding from h.264 to h.265 is so minimal, that I only found one reliable study which only showed 0.001% of pixel discrepancy, this means nothing to the human eyes. So, the thing we should be looking for is not interpolating to h.264, because it'd have the same blocky frames given the same color space change problem. And here's the good news, it's getting a fix. Flowframe's changelog for the paid beta version 1.26 mentioned color space being automatically retained from the input video, or at the very least in 1.25 there's an option to manually choose color space, but that would mean no auto detection for easy automation. I can't check though because the free version is still on version 1.23.4. So that's probably 1 month for manual color space choice and another month for the automation stuff as I have no intention of paying for the beta versions.

MoreFramesAndPixels, if you have the beta version, can you confirm it's fixed?
Nah, I have the free version so I'm not yet on 1.25. I'm super excited for when it becomes free though!

RaidenZ

Aug 11, 2020
well that souds exciting, does that mean when this fix goes live in a couple months you guys will render these again in 60 fps in max quality? :)

Apr 14, 2021
well that souds exciting, does that mean when this fix goes live in a couple months you guys will render these again in 60 fps in max quality? :)
Honestly I would expect the new versions to make their way to the free versions in weeks not months. I may go and redo everything but that would take a lot of time and computer power lol

Reactions: RaidenZ
Dec 8, 2020
does yeero share his blender files or this guy just copied one of his animations almost perfectly
I can't see the post for some reason, but Yeero does share his blender files, iirc. I remember someone making an edit of the widow animation of her on the beach and posting it here.

wachon1992

Oct 29, 2020
I can't see the post for some reason, but Yeero does share his blender files, iirc. I remember someone making an edit of the widow animation of her on the beach and posting it here.
i think you cant because you have to log in. maybe you can see it here ? i saw he posts the blend files in some archive but i cant seem to find it sadly

4.80 star(s) 5 Votes