VN Ren'Py Yesterday's Crossroads [Ch.3 v0.4.0a] [CHAQUINN0]

4.40 star(s) 46 Votes
Sep 3, 2020
I didn't say forced, I said pushed. Forced to me would mean no choice. I just feel like she is being pushed in front of me, more so than any other character. I turned down Julia once and that was it. I turn away from Michelle and yet, a potential relationship with her keeps popping up. She's handled differently than the other LIs.
I see brother I never noticed it because I only pay attention to Kimberly

but I will have to play the game from the beginning at some point

again so I'll try to pay attention more next time

Sep 3, 2020
idk the game is kind of forcing me to be with Michelle and Julia because they have stolen my heart and it would be a cardinal sin to not give them each a solo path save :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: . Joking aside I wonder how Michelle is gonna handle things when she comes to the realization the MC is with someone else and not into her on other paths. Not just cause she has a crush but she seems fragile to me.
in my play through as long as you make it clear to the other girls that you're not interested they shouldn't be upset at all

maybe a little disappointed but not upset

however if you're playing the game and being too friendly I can see how they get the wrong idea

Dessolos

Devoted Member
Jul 25, 2017
I didn't say forced, I said pushed. Forced to me would mean no choice. I just feel like she is being pushed in front of me, more so than any other character. I turned down Julia once and that was it. I turn away from Michelle and yet, a potential relationship with her keeps popping up. She's handled differently than the other LIs.
you had me curious so I did speed run to turn her down and only saw 1 choice for turning Michelle down. The only other choices after that were to call her on your trip. At least that's all that I saw on my speed run maybe more come up if I had different branching for the speed run.

While I dont feel the same as you I can understand why it feels like that to you and other people. Since she has the most scenes and deveolopment so far , i'm assuming the dev wanted to spend extra time on her deveolopment since she seems to be the most broken character.

Tho I don't think it's a bad thing to keep it as a open possibility at least one more time because realistically by time the choice comes up to turn her down or not at the party I still didn't feel like I knew her enough to really make the decision. I only knew I was interested enough to find out more about her. Now yeah might be enough for some players by then because they dont want to deal with a broken character. So yeah I do get why it should be done and over with if you dont kiss her.

However I do also think it does make sense to leave it open as one more chance to get on her path or not, since we are clearly going to be helping her with some issues in the future. So I can see in that alone leading to some more mixed feeling for her later when the MC helps her out. So to me it would make sense for her to make some kind of move or something after the MC helps her some more with her where the MC has a choice of doubling down and making it clear he only sees her as a friend or something more.

Sep 3, 2020
you had me curious so I did speed run to turn her down and only saw 1 choice for turning Michelle down. The only other choices after that were to call her on your trip. At least that's all that I saw on my speed run maybe more come up if I had different branching for the speed run.

While I dont feel the same as you I can understand why it feels like that to you and other people. Since she has the most scenes and deveolopment so far , i'm assuming the dev wanted to spend extra time on her deveolopment since she seems to be the most broken character.

Tho I don't think it's a bad thing to keep it as a open possibility at least one more time because realistically by time the choice comes up to turn her down or not at the party I still didn't feel like I knew her enough to really make the decision. I only knew I was interested enough to find out more about her. Now yeah might be enough for some players by then because they dont want to deal with a broken character. So yeah I do get why it should be done and over with if you dont kiss her.

However I do also think it does make sense to leave it open as one more chance to get on her path or not, since we are clearly going to be helping her with some issues in the future. So I can see in that alone leading to some more mixed feeling for her later when the MC helps her out. So to me it would make sense for her to make some kind of move or something after the MC helps her some more with her where the MC has a choice of doubling down and making it clear he only sees her as a friend or something more.
for me I know immediately when I like a girl or not if I don't feel the spark

so I'm always grateful when a game gives me the opportunity to friendzone her early

but I don't mind spending time with a character just as a friend and helping them out

as long as it's nothing romantic and I don't like it when I reject the character

and they can't take the hint and they keep trying to get romantic

• Red Heart
Reactions: Dessolos

Dessolos

Devoted Member
Jul 25, 2017
for me I know immediately when I like a girl or not if I don't feel the spark

so I'm always grateful when a game gives me the opportunity to friendzone her early

but I don't mind spending time with a character just as a friend and helping them out

as long as it's nothing romantic and I don't like it when I reject the character

and they can't take the hint and they keep trying to get romantic
yeah for me it depends on the character if I know I like them right away. Some I do , other take time and then there are others I dislike but grow to like later. Yeah I feel you about being able to friendzone earlier or when they can't take a hint I do think it depends on the context however if it is a negative. At least in Michelle's case it was more the MC didn't make a move by kissing her so while she probably thinks the MC isn't interested he never straight up denied her either. So if we get another chance to get on her path it isn't like she didn't get the hint. But if they don't get hint especially when a MC is clear that is when it's a problem.

Sep 3, 2020
yeah for me it depends on the character if I know I like them right away. Some I do , other take time and then there are others I dislike but grow to like later. Yeah I feel you about being able to friendzone earlier or when they can't take a hint I do think it depends on the context however if it is a negative. At least in Michelle's case it was more the MC didn't make a move by kissing her so while she probably thinks the MC isn't interested he never straight up denied her either. So if we get another chance to get on her path it isn't like she didn't get the hint. But if they don't get hint especially when a MC is clear that is when it's a problem.
yes and I don't know if you agree brother but I absolutely love

that we get to pick our girl and start an actual relationship early

and it's an actual boyfriend-girlfriend relationship

none of this Friends with Benefits bullshit

I absolutely hated in other games when they only became our girlfriend at the end and then rolled the credits

and we never get to enjoy an actual relationship

in my opinion, that's when the relationship gets interesting like how they are going to make it work

and I can't wait to see them make it to their wedding day

and having a family and all that

• Red Heart

Dessolos

Devoted Member
Jul 25, 2017
yes and I don't know if you agree brother but I absolutely love

that we get to pick our girl and start an actual relationship early

and it's an actual boyfriend-girlfriend relationship

none of this Friends with Benefits bullshit

I absolutely hated in other games when they only became our girlfriend at the end and then rolled the credits

and we never get to enjoy an actual relationship

in my opinion, that's when the relationship gets interesting like how they are going to make it work

and I can't wait to see them make it to their wedding day

and having a family and all that
100% honestly I wish more LI would feel like an actual girlfriend than a LI to me and yeah nothing better than getting in the relationship early on in these games imo. Yeah I hate Friends with Benefits might as well be a side girl to me if I can't have a actual relationship but they just a FWB. It's one thing if it starts out as a FWB and develops into more later but don't let it last to long or it will suck cause I want to build a real relationship with them sooner than later. one of my favorite character I refuse to play her FWB path only her romance path much later.

Sep 3, 2020
100% honestly I wish more LI would feel like an actual girlfriend than a LI to me and yeah nothing better than getting in the relationship early on in these games imo. Yeah I hate Friends with Benefits might as well be a side girl to me if I can't have a actual relationship but they just a FWB. It's one thing if it starts out as a FWB and develops into more later but don't let it last to long or it will suck cause I want to build a real relationship with them sooner than later. one of my favorite character I refuse to play her FWB path only her romance path much later.
yes exactly and wild technically nothing is official between me and Kimberly

it's obvious that she is my girlfriend and we probably going to have that conversation very soon

but I don't think we even need to have that conversation because I'm not with anyone else

I mean there's even a part where Kimberly brings up children

so yeah for me we are already down that road

Dessolos

Devoted Member
Jul 25, 2017
yes exactly and wild technically nothing is official between me and Kimberly

it's obvious that she is my girlfriend and we probably going to have that conversation very soon

but I don't think we even need to have that conversation because I'm not with anyone else

I mean there's even a part where Kimberly brings up children

so yeah for me we are already down that road
While Kimberly isn't a top pick for me I really looking forward to her path , it's one of the better ones for sure.

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
Also not seeing this pushed Michelle content either personally. No more than Julia or Kim and it's also easier to stop her rpomance dead compared to some others.
I played the game a few times by now, you can pretty much shut down all romance options with just once choice? At least I didn't find it hard in any of my playthroughs.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
I played the game a few times by now, you can pretty much shut down all romance options with just once choice? At least I didn't find it hard in any of my playthroughs.
What I meant more was it's easy to shut down Michelle romance as there is really only one major chance to get on it...same with Kimberly for that matter...Julia for example you have multiple opportunities to start it.

(Edit: Or you did originally, not played the last update (as waiting for 0.4.1) and not replayed it for a while either so some early dialgue/choices may be slightly different than they were).

Sep 3, 2020
What I meant more was it's easy to shut down Michelle romance as there is really only one major chance to get on it...same with Kimberly for that matter...Julia for example you have multiple opportunities to start it.

(Edit: Or you did originally, not played the last update (as waiting for 0.4.1) and not replayed it for a while either so some early dialgue/choices may be slightly different than they were).
dfgdfgvdgggggggggggxc sorry brother you made an excellent point but I just had a mini-stroke

trying to comprehend anybody turning down Kimberly

it's like telling me to imagine a color I've never seen before

• Haha
Reactions: rolfcopter

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021

gotcha, well I have my separate saves for those I'm interested in, and I've shut down the others at the first opportunity :ROFLMAO: Thankfully the dev made it easy. Well, the player can complicate it for themselves but I'm not a fan of mixing it up in non-harem games.

Dessolos

Devoted Member
Jul 25, 2017
gotcha, well I have my separate saves for those I'm interested in, and I've shut down the others at the first opportunity :ROFLMAO: Thankfully the dev made it easy. Well, the player can complicate it for themselves but I'm not a fan of mixing it up in non-harem games.
but but max chaos
1725224534409.png

4.40 star(s) 46 Votes