VN Ren'Py Yesterday's Crossroads - Chapter 2 [v0.3.1] [CHAQUINN0]

4.40 star(s) 41 Votes

Moryaka26

Aug 28, 2019
Dev Log #7 - Chapter 2

I have finished making all the new characters models this week. There are still some that I started working on, but since those will only show up in Chapter 3 they can wait.
Posing the scenes in DAZ has been and will continue to be the main focus for the upcoming weeks. There are a lot of scenes written, and now that both the characters and environments are done, I can keep moving forward.
Solely posing everything in DAZ will likely be the main focus for now. There is a lot to do!
Have a great weekend, everyone!

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
I'm just getting into the first few choices of chapter 1.

So it seems like the MC can be questioning his decision to let Kim go so easily and how he feels about her a year later. Since it's a possibility for the MC to have a sort of resentment towards Kim, I think it would be worth it to revise the prologue just a tad.

I thought the MC was such an emotionless, simpy, robotic, Gandhi wannabe in the prologue. I'm not one to dictate how devs should write their characters, so that was my read on the character and I just moved on. The MC in Chapter 1 seems to have more realistic thoughts about how Kim and Kayla did him wrong. Even if he decides to forgive them, there is the implicit acknowledgement that they were being selfish.

So, just have the MC react in a more realistic way in the prologue. None of this, "Oh, you are not doing anything wrong. It's your future. Look out for yourself only. Bla bla bla." Make him get a bit angry that she sprung this on him last minute. Let him tell her how selfish she is being by not communicating with him. It's her life, but they are also a pair. He deserved to know. To prepare. She would, of course, cry and say sorry. Then he can kind of console her and send her off because he does love her despite everything. A bittersweet parting, instead of this weird selfless act the MC pulled in the prologue.

Just a suggestion.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Feedback on the game after finishing the current content.

I have no clue how the (optional) harem will form out of this. The tone is absolutely trying to be serious and heartfelt. It's supposed to be all about healing and life lessons and all that, but the MC can kind of break hearts already and cheat on Julia. I mean, sure, a first date and some stroll in the park isn't exactly explicit agreement for a committed relationship, but the dynamic they shared is more than just feeling each other out and closer to a start of a romance. And how all these girls that don't know each other will agree to a harem... I'm not sure, but let's see. Maybe the harem is just supposed to be about partial ones, like Julia and her friend, or Kim and Kayla (lol), or Michelle and her friend.

It's still quite early in the story and mostly, all we've got are character introductions and set ups for the potential relationship with the MC. Anything can happen from here, so let's see. But if I could point out one misstep, it's probably the date with Julia and her route progressing way too quickly. In a story like this, you normally want to take it quite slow in the early stages of a relationship so that the player isn't forced to commit too early to anyone and feel like an asshole if they try to advance some of the other girls.

The usual formula is basically "will they won't they," "lead everyone on," and casual relationships until you pick someone later in the story. Not a rule you must follow, but it's generally how they keep the story in-tact with all these supposedly wholesome girls gunning for the MC. Now if explicit cheating is part of the narrative, that opens up possibilities, but I'm not sure if that's in the works. I don't think this MC would be cool with that, but who knows?

Anyways, I'm still pretty interested in Kim and Kayla's story lol. Why the fuck did Kim do this? What is Kayla and MC's story? Will they do Zeke dirty? Tune in for the next episode of...

jhonatanw

Engaged Member
Jun 21, 2022

Dev Log #8 - Chapter 2

I've been posing some of the fully written scenes this week, there is a lot already done ready to be put in the render queue. I will try to squeeze in some more before sunday though.
I am writing scenes for a few minor characters now. I want to finish these before moving on to bigger and more branching ones.
I had a small setback this week with a few personal issues, but thankfully I still managed to get at least some writing done so I don't lose track. Next week I will continue pretty much the same process as this week, hopefully with no problems though. Haha!
Have a nice weekend, everyone!

OWSam000

Mar 1, 2022
Feedback on the game after finishing the current content.

I have no clue how the (optional) harem will form out of this. The tone is absolutely trying to be serious and heartfelt. It's supposed to be all about healing and life lessons and all that, but the MC can kind of break hearts already and cheat on Julia. I mean, sure, a first date and some stroll in the park isn't exactly explicit agreement for a committed relationship, but the dynamic they shared is more than just feeling each other out and closer to a start of a romance. And how all these girls that don't know each other will agree to a harem... I'm not sure, but let's see. Maybe the harem is just supposed to be about partial ones, like Julia and her friend, or Kim and Kayla (lol), or Michelle and her friend.

It's still quite early in the story and mostly, all we've got are character introductions and set ups for the potential relationship with the MC. Anything can happen from here, so let's see. But if I could point out one misstep, it's probably the date with Julia and her route progressing way too quickly. In a story like this, you normally want to take it quite slow in the early stages of a relationship so that the player isn't forced to commit too early to anyone and feel like an asshole if they try to advance some of the other girls.

The usual formula is basically "will they won't they," "lead everyone on," and casual relationships until you pick someone later in the story. Not a rule you must follow, but it's generally how they keep the story in-tact with all these supposedly wholesome girls gunning for the MC. Now if explicit cheating is part of the narrative, that opens up possibilities, but I'm not sure if that's in the works. I don't think this MC would be cool with that, but who knows?

Anyways, I'm still pretty interested in Kim and Kayla's story lol. Why the fuck did Kim do this? What is Kayla and MC's story? Will they do Zeke dirty? Tune in for the next episode of...
Just hope the harem route will not become some brainless/senseless paths that MC just fuck whatever he wants.:sneaky::LOL:
Harem route doesn't mean no drama. I think that the drama itself makes harem path feel more satisfying in the end.

KyuubiGoku

Jun 6, 2018
This was the best cliffhanger of ALL TIME. I can't wait for the next update. Oh, someone's gonna have to hold me back or I'm gonna let Kim have it!

• Haha
Reactions: Hitsu Kaito

Moryaka26

Aug 28, 2019
Dev Log #9 - Chapter 2 + Preview

Writing and posing the scenes has been going smoothly.
One thing that I usually do is go back to scenes that I've already written in order to review them with fresh eyes and make some adjustments. I made a lot of adjustments to some of them, even to some that I had already posed renders for, but it was worth it, I like how they are now.
The render queue is filling up again. I've been leaving the PC to render while I'm writing, so there is nothing idling.

Well, those who chose to show Candace around town in Chapter 1 will have a nice time to get to know her a little better in Chapter 2.

Have a great weekend, everyone!

The unseen

Apr 2, 2022
I have been of this page for a bit.
So, I was wondering are there any new people who want to join The Kim army.
Surely by now everyone can see her for the goddess she is
Kim? THE Kim you mean? Hi, I'm some kang soo Kim with a smile? Of course, ma man. The Kim army all the way, of course she is a goddess. Goddess of relationships :illuminati:

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hmm it seems reception to Kim is still a little frosty.
Don't worry ladies & gentleman I'm sure after the next few updates flesh out her story
You'll come to love her just like I have

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
Hmm it seems reception to Kim is still a little frosty.
Don't worry ladies & gentleman I'm sure after the next few updates flesh out her story
You'll come to love her just like I have
Poor Joshy92 has lost his mind. Deluded himself into thinking the world is filled with simps like him rather than mean ol' bastards like me. Don't worry, Joshy. I'll be there to pick you up off the ground after you read your "Dear Joshy, I've returned to my homeland. Again." letter. Oh, BTW, Joshy, you didn't read the back of the page. it says, "I never really loved you, you silly simp. It was just a fling while I was in town." Sorry, man...

pra86

Feb 22, 2020
Poor Joshy92 has lost his mind. Deluded himself into thinking the world is filled with simps like him rather than mean ol' bastards like me. Don't worry, Joshy. I'll be there to pick you up off the ground after you read your "Dear Joshy, I've returned to my homeland. Again." letter. Oh, BTW, Joshy, you didn't read the back of the page. it says, "I never really loved you, you silly simp. It was just a fling while I was in town." Sorry, man...
You don't even have to be a mean old bastard. Even a normal guy would avoid Kim after what she pulled.

Perhaps Joshy92 would be better off spending his time and resources on OnlyFans, instead of coming here.

• Wow
Reactions: motseer

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
Nah mate I already simp for the girls in all the great games here
I can't simp on more than one site I'll get confused.
Plus, I don't have any money lol

Oh, and don't worry everyone you are still invited to our wedding
As long as Kim says it's okay because she is in charge not me

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
You don't even have to be a mean old bastard. Even a normal guy would avoid Kim after what she pulled.

Perhaps Joshy92 would be better off spending his time and resources on OnlyFans, instead of coming here.
Nah, we would all miss Joshy92 way too much if he spent his time elsewhere. He's likely the only one you'll ever meet who finds the best in everything... Even if it's the worst... o_O Most horrible... :oops: Disgusting... :eek: thing ever!! You da man, Joshy92. (y)

• Haha
Reactions: Joshy92
4.40 star(s) 41 Votes