VN Ren'Py Yesterday's Crossroads - Chapter 2 [v0.3.1] [CHAQUINN0]

4.40 star(s) 41 Votes

Moryaka26

Aug 28, 2019

Dev Log #10 - Chapter 2

This week, I took the time to finish most of the non-branching scenes. These are basically the ones that will play out independently of the choices you made throughout the story.
I have finished writing more than half of the chapter's content now. Basically, the shorter (ish) scenes are almost all written.
From this chapter on, you will be able to start shaping the MC’s personality. These choices will affect dialogues, how scenes play out, and even branching paths depending on how your choices were made. For example, if you chose to interfere helping Robert out with the client in Chapter 1, this will give you a chance to make a personality related choice in Chapter 2.
There is still a lot to create in DAZ, however, now that I have so much more written, the process will be much easier.
Lots to work on for the upcoming weeks!
Have a great weekend, everyone! :D

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Hmm it seems reception to Kim is still a little frosty.
Don't worry ladies & gentleman I'm sure after the next few updates flesh out her story
You'll come to love her just like I have
Sorry, Joshy, I can't agree with you here. I don't hate Kim but there's no future with her. The problem isn't that she left the MC to return to her family. It's not even that she kept him in the dark until the last minute, not directly. The problem is WHY she did that:
Kim_death_knell.jpg
She was well aware the MC might be able to dissuade her from her chosen action and rather than consider the implications of that, she took steps to ensure he wouldn't be able to. She wanted to isolate herself from his influence specifically because she felt he had too much say in her own life. That's ultimately her prerogative, but it's the death knell for a relationship if I ever heard one.

Now sure, people can change so maybe someday she'll rethink what she wants out of life and try to reconnect with the MC. But IMHO too little time has passed for that to be plausible at the moment - plus the fact she couldn't even tell him she was returning only digs the hole further.

So while I don't hold a grudge over her actions, I consider the romance dead as a doornail entirely because of her actions. My big concern is whether we'll be able to call her out on them without being offensive about it.

Last edited:

Moryaka26

Aug 28, 2019

Dev Log #11 - Chapter 2 + Preview

As I mentioned previously, this week I continued to create scenes in DAZ. Additionally, I revisited some scenes that were already done and made some extra images and dialogues for them. This enhanced the overall feeling for them and made them more interesting to read through.
With a substantial number of scenes now fully completed and their images rendered, I am ready to integrate everything into the game for chronological testing. There are some gaps here and there as I’m still working on other character’s content, but it’s already taking form.
As of today, the content for Keyla, Candace, and Kim is fully written. While the progress for the other characters is not far behind, a few things still need to be done, particularly on the visual side.
I'm really excited about this progress!
It’s hard to share a good preview without spoiling too much, but I still want to show something. Here’s a nice one from our good girl after hearing a fairly harsh comment. Haha!

Have a good weekend, everyone!

NL1955

Nov 19, 2021

As I mentioned previously, this week I continued to create scenes in DAZ. Additionally, I revisited some scenes that were already done and made some extra images and dialogues for them. This enhanced the overall feeling for them and made them more interesting to read through.
With a substantial number of scenes now fully completed and their images rendered, I am ready to integrate everything into the game for chronological testing. There are some gaps here and there as I’m still working on other character’s content, but it’s already taking form.
As of today, the content for Keyla, Candace, and Kim is fully written. While the progress for the other characters is not far behind, a few things still need to be done, particularly on the visual side.
It’s hard to share a good preview without spoiling too much, but I still want to show something. Here’s a nice one from our good girl after hearing a fairly harsh comment. Haha!

7vhofz.jpg

Paynne

Oct 31, 2018

Kim looks a little... Upset?

Kim's face when my MC tells her that I choose Julia and that she can go fuck herself back to Korea. Just Kidding :LOL:

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
Remember guys you don't have to choose there is going to be a harem
So, you can probably have the sweetest girl Kim
And all those other ladies too

Deleted member 207916

Sep 17, 2017
My big concern is whether we'll be able to call her out on them without being offensive about it.
I don't have such concerne, in fact i do wish to unleash some anger issues towards her not physically but verbally. I do want, if option is given, to call her out or even better to completely ignore her with no contact except if it's related to busines. And for all my concerne she can cry all she wants, try to talk with MC, my boy is done with her.

pra86

Feb 22, 2020
Remember guys you don't have to choose there is going to be a harem
So, you can probably have the sweetest girl Kim
And all those other ladies too
Somebody far wiser than me said that the best revenge is living well.

So, the optimal course of action would be to get the full harem, except for her, and see how she feels being the one left out for once.

She can stay in the company watching MC enjoy life and love, or go back to South Korea, or even to North Korea. I couldn't care less.

Deleted member 207916

Sep 17, 2017
Somebody far wiser than me said that the best revenge is living well.

So, the optimal course of action would be to get the full harem, except for her, and see how she feels being the one left out for once.

She can stay in the company watching MC enjoy life and love, or go back to South Korea, or even to North Korea. I couldn't care less.
Living a good and successful life, having a new girl and paying no atention to Kim (simpley no contact with her) is the best revenge.

Reactions: NL1955

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
Well, at least that confirms that the mc didn't steal his friend's girl during the time skip(as some speculated) , they probably met and fucked in college, before she was with Zeke.

Reactions: schinoize

alive89

Mar 8, 2023
Yeah that's what I'm thinking.
On the Patreon post the picture name is "kayla_flashback", aside from the different hair she also looks younger compared to the previous episodes (I think).
Is that a school uniform?
The MC and Kayla probably go way back, maybe even before Kim or even Zeke.
Come on CHAQUINN 0 we need the new update!! :HideThePain:

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
If that's the case I'm relieved
Cheating with his best friends girl
Would have made the mc very unlikable for me
I don't mind if the player is given choice to be asshole, even better if there are proper consequences for those choices, but I dislike when the MC does it on his own. Of the top of my head the only time I let that slide is for the MC in Race of Life, because I thought it was a good twist on the cheating ex gf/wife trope a lot of VNs have by making him the cheater, but also because the MC is trying his best to be a good man, take care of his kid and make peace with his ex wife.

weezal

Jul 5, 2022
anyone know what the first scene in the misc section of the gallery is and how to get it?

4.40 star(s) 41 Votes