VN Ren'Py Yesterday's Crossroads - Chapter 2 [v0.3.1] [CHAQUINN0]

4.40 star(s) 41 Votes

Slick Bean

Sep 9, 2023
1694717241899.png
Chapter 2 - Preview #9

Wishful thinking of the people games to come, started 2100 HOURS AGO

“We may want to right the wrong, but are any of us perfect?
We all have a glass ceiling, yet the more we know, the harder it is to sustain a lie.
In the end, keeping our mouths shut is often the best outcome for everyone involved.”
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Moiraine™

Jul 14, 2021

This week I've posed a lot of scenes which are now rendering. I was able to pose an entire scene every day, which is amazing. It's been a lot of work, but now I’m seven entire scenes down, there are a few hundred images in the rendering queue.
I also started posing the animations for the lewd scenes for this chapter. You might have seen the of one earlier this week. That particular one is part of an extremely important story plot point by the way. However, animations take a while to render. So, even though I finish posing them now, I will only render them as the very last thing for this update.
I have yet to return to working on the new UI, but I wanted to finish the writing first. Now that that’s done, I can get back to it. I will resume the UI work this weekend.
I’m very happy with this week’s progress, and I’m going right back to it now.
Have a great weekend, everyone!

CHAQUINN0

Yesterday's Crossroads Developer
Game Developer
Oct 29, 2021
Hey, everyone! :D

It's hard to tell when Chapter 2 is coming, but the progress is going well within my limits. I'm still in a bit of a struggle juggling between my day-time job and developing the game, but I'm doing my best to optimize my free time, and to release the next chapter as soon as possible.

Even though I'm the one making it all, and I know what's going to happen; I can't wait to play it myself. :ROFLMAO:

BTWZ1

Mar 20, 2019

It's hard to tell when Chapter 2 is coming, but the progress is going well within my limits. I'm still in a bit of a struggle juggling between my day-time job and developing the game, but I'm doing my best to optimize my free time, and to release the next chapter as soon as possible.

Even though I'm the one making it all, and I know what's going to happen; I can't wait to play it myself. :ROFLMAO:
hey dev take your time. there's no need to rush.

Slick Bean

Sep 9, 2023
Last Update really totalled MC and his hay wire campaign of ”going around taking booty and names”...
with a DUM DUM DUM moment: just then, the moment when he could not hold his breath any longer,
ex resurfaces:
like one abominable iceberg dead set on wrecking our frail expeditions into the open waters.

hey dev take your time. there's no need to rush.
The irresistible pull towards getting to know what heppends next is gnawing at us all.
Let this fire cull all doubts and let your next update in the gaming world be a blast!

pra86

Feb 22, 2020
Lol....

I'm wondering what the dev must feel, seeing the sheer resentment built up against those two, on this forum. Hopefully, he has Kim give a decent explanation for her behavior (not nonsense like Drifty's 'I was a secret agent' excuse) and at least try to make amends. Otherwise, all this hate will escalate even beyond memeworthy levels :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: poeorfkd404

robrize2169

Oct 8, 2022
as long as we get the option to have mc tell her to fuck off when she tries talking to him and completely ignore her while flirting with every woman in the office except her. then having office sex with a coworker where she catches him and runs off in tears as she deserves. and he sees her and gives that evil grin saying..now you know how i felt you bitch..something along those lines..:devilish::devilish::devilish:

CHAQUINN0

Yesterday's Crossroads Developer
Game Developer
Oct 29, 2021
Not gonna lie, I was “afraid” that Keyla would spark immediate hate with her actions, and I guess I was right! :ROFLMAO:
But she has her reasons, which for some may not be enough. That's why I'm leaving it open for player choice within the game to forgive and forget, or not.

As for Kim, on the other hand, I knew she would be very divisive, leaving without explaining why to the one she should trust the most. WTF, right?
But then that begs the question: Why did she do that? Why did she wait until the last few days? Was it really because of a stupid job?
These are the types of questions I wanted to leave the player asking themselves during Chapter 1 while they made their own decisions.

Kim's immature, innocent mind was torn between going against her own will, doing what she didn't want to do, or staying for the love of her life and risking everything. It was a dilemma she had to face. And now she was able to come back, but everything has changed. The people she loved no longer have the same feelings toward her, and she finds herself in an almost alien world.

Kim also had her reasons, and you can choose to hear her out or not. If you don't, you may never find out why she left, and that will influence your choices within the game (even if you, as the player, already know).

Sep 3, 2020
Not gonna lie, I was “afraid” that Keyla would spark immediate hate with her actions, and I guess I was right! :ROFLMAO:
But she has her reasons, which for some may not be enough. That's why I'm leaving it open for player choice within the game to forgive and forget, or not.

As for Kim, on the other hand, I knew she would be very divisive, leaving without explaining why to the one she should trust the most. WTF, right?
But then that begs the question: Why did she do that? Why did she wait until the last few days? Was it really because of a stupid job?
These are the types of questions I wanted to leave the player asking themselves during Chapter 1 while they made their own decisions.

Kim's immature, innocent mind was torn between going against her own will, doing what she didn't want to do, or staying for the love of her life and risking everything. It was a dilemma she had to face. And now she was able to come back, but everything has changed. The people she loved no longer have the same feelings toward her, and she finds herself in an almost alien world.

Kim also had her reasons, and you can choose to hear her out or not. If you don't, you may never find out why she left, and that will influence your choices within the game (even if you, as the player, already know).
:Dinteresting interesting well all I have to say is it's good to hear from you brother and

I hope you're doing good

and as far as the characters are concerned it doesn't matter because my girl is the best girl in the game:p

Kimberly Kimberly:love:

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018

Players in the genre are extremely self centered, doesn't matter how minor a transgression, or how much worse the MC does, one misstep and the LI is on the shitlist forever. Screw redemption arcs and character development is for losers anyway, am I right guys? :Kappa:

pra86

Feb 22, 2020
Keyla is not so bad guys. At least shouldn't be on the same hate level as Kim.
I'd argue otherwise. Kim is a dumbass, who made a horrible decision. It will be a test of the dev's writing skill to craft a decent reason for why she behaved that way, why she made no contact later, and why she thought turning up at the protagonist's workplace, with no warning, was a good idea.

However, based on what incomplete information we have, Keyla apparently had a relationship with the protagonist, dumped him and moved on to his best friend, and is now thinking of dumping said best friend and possibly trying again with him. Not to mention, her own involvement with Kim's nonsense. That's the kind of girl, who ruins not just her man, but all of his other relationships too.

4.40 star(s) 41 Votes