VN Ren'Py Yesterday's Crossroads - Chapter 2 [v0.3.1] [CHAQUINN0]

4.40 star(s) 41 Votes

Slick Bean

Sep 9, 2023
So what? MC had to confess to Zeke he was seeing his childhood crush again? REally?
They were childhood sweethears and Zeke knew it all along!
We can't keep doing this, he's like the brother I never had."

Makes it sound like he was cheating..not my fault it gives that impression..
Guys do not SEX AND TELL, you maniacs, that is only what girls like to do.
Why did MC not BEAT ZEKE to a pulp OVER LUSTING AFTER HIS WOMAN is beyond me, tho.
Maybe Zeke was the womanizer and MC just could not best him.
Maybe MC never could stop Zeke from STEALING HIS CHILDHOOD CRUSHES AWAY.

maxivore

Jul 10, 2017
I love and hate this kind of games. I mean how do we choose only one girl amongst this great cast ? Not easy really x) More serious, great game keep up the good work :)

AL.d

Sep 26, 2016
From what I understood, Kayla and MC reconnected when she came back and started banging in college. But he didn't know who her bf was yet. At some point he found out it was Zeke and I think it's mentioned during the flashback when he whines to her for not telling him. Of course it seems they continued banging even after he found out, but the cucking has already happened so...

schinoize

Jun 8, 2021
I actually appreciate that the MC is not a blank slate and having some dirt himself, especially when two LIs had such a rough start to their paths. Dev didn't explicitly confirm cheating in that timeline screenshot, but the quote above does indeed give the impression. Iirc it has only come up in Keyla's flashback so far. Surprised MC hasn't brought it up himself yet, even if only in thoughts.

I really liked the scenes with Kimmy in this update. She's my clear fav for now. In the previous chapter it was her casual vibe which drew me to her (a breeze of fresh air after the previous serious relationship abruptly ended), so it's kinda funny she now mentions she wants to settle down. :LUL: It's interesting she's like the only one who hasn't really a connection to the others so far (if you count Candace and Kim working together). I remember Zeke wasn't exactly happy when she showed up in chapter 1, though.
Kim's explanation didn't convince me, but the door hasn't closed for her yet. Looking forward to the next chapter and how the large number of LIs will be handled.

Crimsonfiend76

Herald - Super Naked Ginger Cuddle Time
Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Welp, so much for my manwhore path... despite the optional harem tag, I'm not getting ANY harem vibes outside of a throuple invite with Alessa.

Will we find out which girls are actually compatible or willing to be in a shared relationship with the MC or are we going to be able to date several main LIs for a bit before making a choice at the end of who we want to end up with?

Reactions: Cernunnos.

Candy Suxx

Oct 11, 2019
I actually appreciate that the MC is not a blank slate and having some dirt himself, especially when two LIs had such a rough start to their paths. Dev didn't explicitly confirm cheating in that timeline screenshot, but the quote above does indeed give the impression. Iirc it has only come up in Keyla's flashback so far. Surprised MC hasn't brought it up himself yet, even if only in thoughts.

I really liked the scenes with Kimmy in this update. She's my clear fav for now. In the previous chapter it was her casual vibe which drew me to her (a breeze of fresh air after the previous serious relationship abruptly ended), so it's kinda funny she now mentions she wants to settle down. :LUL: It's interesting she's like the only one who hasn't really a connection to the others so far (if you count Candace and Kim working together). I remember Zeke wasn't exactly happy when she showed up in chapter 1, though.
Kim's explanation didn't convince me, but the door hasn't closed for her yet. Looking forward to the next chapter and how the large number of LIs will be handled.
Rightly said, MC ain't no perfect prince charming who has always done the right thing.

I mean we have literally played games where after the father's death his own son (MC) bangs his wife, sister, daughter, mother, sister in law, niece, nephew etc. so yeah lets not really fight over MC's character.

Lets just say Keyla came back and banged MC without telling him she was with Zeke or him knowing about who is friend zeke was dating and continues to do so even after it is cleared. MC later on tells her they need to stop much to her dismay. In this scenario Keyla is to be held responsible more as she could have stopped it but the fact she couldn't get over MC and cheated on her current bf back then. Even now she wouldn't mind banging MC given the chance and now after Zeke comes clean about his infidelity she might just go full on for MC as it does looks like she needed a reason to end things with Zeke and got it.
MC on the other hand too is shown to be of guilt about what happened back then and who knows later on in the game Keyla might reveal it to Zeke too that she cheated on him first and wanted to end things with him back then.

Kim's storyline kinda looked like it was picked from some K drama (SFL leaves ML to protect him and then comes back later on to reclaim him even if he has moved on with FL). I mean she could have just told him the truth and they both could have worked something out or gone for a long distance relationship knowing it was the safest option back then and take that time to figure out what to do. Still better than the reason given before that she left him for a job. I think i will keep the door open for her.

Julia...... things have already reached the next level with her and I loved it. Looks like the drama with the ex bf is gonna happen in the next ep.

Tasha is gonna be a handful and probably a tough nut to crack, she is mending her past mistakes but still keeps her walls up of being an obnoxious spoilt brat. It will quite nice to see her character development, reminds me of Quinn (Badik) and Bella (SG). Both of these chicks too aren't really on friendly terms with other LI's and if anything have issues with them.

I am so fkin looking forward to the 3some with Vera and Alessa. I love both their intros and how open Vera is.

I have already set many different saves for each route and looking forward to the future episodes.

Last edited:

kartolas

Apr 10, 2021
This is too much, it's ridiculous. I suggest bringing woman in trucks, or maybe taking the MC to an airport when a plane lands full of gorgeous woman that know the MC...
GREAT first couple of first episodes, this one is just meh. I can't take this seriously.

Thank you and best of luck.

Hengat

Oct 17, 2022
Well, I'm fresh after finishing the update and I don't know what to think.

I don't know why but I feel some sort of commitment already on Julia's path and can't bring myself to do a "manwhore run" while dating her.

Michelle's route is nice although I'm waiting for someone in game to bring how it's a bit weird to date sister of ex girlfriend, because it kinda is. I'm not sure how to feel about Alessa's throuple or threesome idea.

About Keyla, Zeke and MC: I guess the whole trio deserve each other. I chose the option "the worst type" about Zeke only to find out that Keyla and MC were hooking up behind his back. I crossed my fingers for Keyla before this update for her to gain some redeeming points during flashbacks but nope. Her obsession over MC is too disturbing to say the least. She moved on, found new boyfriend and still jumped MC probably on first occasion. Then said yes to Zeke's proposal when really she wanted to break up? (I witnessed that last one irl and really can't understand why would someone decide to suffer like that when it's only gonna end up hurting everyone later than sooner). She should seek therapy.

It was great feeling to flip the bird to Kim. I went back to see the talk scene and her explanation was shit anyway.

Mixed feelings with this update, good luck with the next one.

CHAQUINN0

Yesterday's Crossroads Developer
Game Developer
Oct 29, 2021
Hey, everyone!

First off, I want to thank you for your feedback and kind words. I really appreciate it! :)

I'm working on a patch to fix many typos and the crackling audio in Alessa's house scene. I will release it sometime this week.

The most challenging aspect of narrating a story through episodic events is that not everything is revealed at once. In my case, it's even more challenging because I want to tell the MC's past before the current plot events. This approach allows you to make informed decisions as the story progresses. However, not everyone understands what is being said and shown. I will write things more clearly moving forward.

One thing about my MC is that he is not the perfect, shallow little boy everyone is used to in 99.9% of AVNs. He has made mistakes, hidden important things from important people, and, like any of us, can be a hypocrite at times.

Keyla is an intrinsic part of his past life; hence why you have no control over what he HAS ALREADY DONE. Now, it's up to you to determine his actions moving forward.

Are there too many women? I wouldn't mind having a lot of women in my life.
Keep in mind that you are not obligated to be with them all. You can choose a full solitary playthrough, commit to one girl at a time, or explore multiple relationships at once. If you want to "catch'em all", be mindfu and watch over your shoulder, as their paths will intersect eventually.

Either way, I hope to have everyone on board as things are about to start heating up.

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
It was great feeling to flip the bird to Kim. I went back to see the talk scene and her explanation was shit anyway.

Mixed feelings with this update, good luck with the next one.
did the same thing just out of curiosity, it didn't convince me either that I should change my original choice, so I went with the original choice of telling her to fuck off straight out

Reactions: Hengat

MikesDK

Apr 10, 2023
I messaged the dev on his discord he gave me the timeline lol

View attachment 3082483
So Zeke and Keyla arent married but they are still be a couple.

Keyla is one very weird story, why on earth dident she just break up with Zeke while cheating with MC, its pretty clear thats what she really wanted or she wouldent be cheating in the first place, but instend she stays with Zeke wait for MC to find someone else then say yes to a marrige with someone she wanted to break up with, because shes upset she dident break up with him earlier to be with MC.........and still trys to sabotage kim and mc while shes married to another dude.

Her character just makes very little sense and no wonder shes the least favorit of most players, including me lol
i would love to put her in her place and tell her a thing or two before kicking her out of MCs life for good, but MC is to nice for that to happen....

For example MC sleeping with Keylah bit, from what i gathered, he wasn't yet best friends with Zeke and Keylah might have indicated that it wasn't so serious at that point. Also the fact that Keylah and MC were each other's first love makes it more understandable.
I dont think thats right MC tells keyla Zeke is like a brother to him so i would say hes already MCs best friend at that time.

Last edited:

risky0

Oct 7, 2022
Hey, everyone!

First off, I want to thank you for your feedback and kind words. I really appreciate it! :)

I'm working on a patch to fix many typos and the crackling audio in Alessa's house scene. I will release it sometime this week.

The most challenging aspect of narrating a story through episodic events is that not everything is revealed at once. In my case, it's even more challenging because I want to tell the MC's past before the current plot events. This approach allows you to make informed decisions as the story progresses. However, not everyone understands what is being said and shown. I will write things more clearly moving forward.

One thing about my MC is that he is not the perfect, shallow little boy everyone is used to in 99.9% of AVNs. He has made mistakes, hidden important things from important people, and, like any of us, can be a hypocrite at times.

Keyla is an intrinsic part of his past life; hence why you have no control over what he HAS ALREADY DONE. Now, it's up to you to determine his actions moving forward.

Keep in mind that you are not obligated to be with them all. You can choose a full solitary playthrough, commit to one girl at a time, or explore multiple relationships at once. If you want to "catch'em all", be mindfu and watch over your shoulder, as their paths will intersect eventually.

Either way, I hope to have everyone on board as things are about to start heating up.
Hi.
Will Vera be completely avoidable on the Alessa route?
If I'm going with her, I'd rather she wasn't in a relationship with Vera anymore.

Nevertheless, for those who are curious, if it enters the triple road, will Mc be like a third wheel?

Moryaka26

Aug 28, 2019
Hey, everyone!

Great update! I realy like Michelle and Alessa's story

Last edited:

Deleted member 207916

Sep 17, 2017
I didn't finish entire game but thing about this update that set me off was something like :

Kim - Are you seeing anyone?

That part was one of the worst lines you can pick after she left for a year. Like seriously you didn't see your ex for a year and you seriously ask are you seeing anyone. Like hell i would tell you bitch. And what's about that question. Is she really hoping that she can restart things over. Like hell it will happen.

Crimsonfiend76

Herald - Super Naked Ginger Cuddle Time
Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Hi.
Will Vera be completely avoidable on the Alessa route?
If I'm going with her, I'd rather she wasn't in a relationship with Vera anymore.

Nevertheless, for those who are curious, if it enters the triple road, will Mc be like a third wheel?
I am also curious, Vera seems nice and I am surprised she is as friendly to the MC as she is, and not even remotely jealous or feeling threatened by her girlfriend’s ex-boyfriend since Alessa still has feelings for them both. That said, if I want to pursue Alessa can we get her to break-up or leave Vera to be with the MC? And if they are a packaged deal or we decide to pursue them both, will it be an actual relationship between the three of them as equal partners? I’d really like to avoid the MC being a 3rd wheel to their relationship and basically be reduced to a sex toy they share/pass around without any regard for his feelings.

Reactions: Pman_Weh and risky0

micojive

Oct 2, 2017
I would say the game will take its time till completion as the story has just started. Be it YC or Summer's Gone or BADIK all these games have a lot of LI's with intertwined storylines. It isn't those cliche harem ones where you go around nailing everyone and not face consequences. There will be lot of tough choices in the future and many different paths too.

With games like these the development cycle is always long, I do expect the game to have 1-2 updates a year in future and even for that to happen dev needs to have a good strong workstation which can only happen if the patron count / earning goes high enough so that he can afford to buy them and not go bankrupt. The game has beautiful LI's, nice animations and a good storyline so I do hope he achieves it.

The plot has been really good so far and YES you are gonna need to have many saves for different paths. I don't think the game has gone overboard with LI's infact it is actually quite good to have them. The only thing is that for each update they are gonna have to work on almost every LI's path now even the ones you reject as all are intertwined with each other. So yeah the time gap between update might vary too.Lets see what the future holds for the game.
Yea I Just dont think this games for me, which is totally fine. I found myself getting frustrated that seemingly every other choice was locking a character out of one path or another. I just dont care for games that need 10x different playthroughs. Especially because its happening so early on in the story where we dont even know the characters yet.

Last edited:
4.40 star(s) 41 Votes