VN Ren'Py Yesterday's Crossroads - Chapter 2 [v0.3.1] [CHAQUINN0]

4.40 star(s) 41 Votes

pra86

Feb 22, 2020
You have to be real here - what kind of a friend is Zeke if their so called best firend relationship
never includes what kills MC inside, neither tha fact that MC has BEEN totally FALLEN FOR kEYLA HIS ENTIRE LIFE,
Zeke is not telepathic. Nobody is. If MC refused to ever truly talk about Kayla, that's on him, not Zeke. You'd be surprised at the kind of things that so-called 'best friends' choose to keep from each other.

Kayla broke things off multiple times, but then got back together multiple times too - hence my emphasis on 'not permanently'. It's not like Z forced her into it, or blackmailed her (at least as far as we know). She chose to be weak and indecisive, she chose (just like the MC) not to come clean to Z about who she really likes. Again, that's on her, not on Z.

During any of those 'breaks' that happened, Kayla could have talked to MC, and the two could have made it official. They didn't do so.

Do I like Z? Nope, he's an annoying idiot who injured the MC, a needy fool constantly pursuing women who aren't that interested in him, and a cheater who can't even walk away properly from a failed relationship. But he didn't 'up' anybody 'in a grand way', nor did he cuck anyone - that can all be blamed squarely on both Kayla and MC. Apparently, neither of the duffer duo heard of the old adage - play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Reactions: Maviarab

Slick Bean

Sep 9, 2023
Here you are perfectly right - Zeke and Keyla are the exact same way:
a cheater who can't even walk away properly from a failed relationship
They deserve eachother in so many ways - but dev did state that ZEKE BEGGED KEYLA TO GET BACK TO HIM,
call it hustle, call it whatever you want - Keyla accepted his hustle of a relationship,
after her successful attempts to brEak it off with him - Zeke kept going after Keyla with his hustle.

- there are tons of such cheaters, divorcees, or husbands who BEG GIRLS TO GET BACK TO THEM
AND THEN BEAT THEM UP TILL THEY ARE BROKEN BEYOND BELIEF.
It's not like Z forced her into it, or blackmailed her
wE SHOULD BE REAL ABOUT WHAT DID HAPPEN - ZEKE KEPT PRESSURING kEYLA, NOT OUT OF LOVE,
MC LET HER CHOOSE OUT OF LOVE, WHILE ZEKE HUSTLED HER INTO MARRIAGE, SO HE COULD THEN
CONTINUE CHEATING ON HER LIKE IT WAS NOTHING.

Zeke is not telepathic. Nobody is. If MC refused to ever truly talk about Kayla, that's on him, not Zeke. You'd be surprised at the kind of things that so-called 'best friends' choose to keep from each other.
Zeke never told MC about his ”marriage proposal” - or his on and off Keyla relationship.
What do you think Zeke was doing while Keyla was able to see MC? He was Cheating as always.
Do you think MC would touch Keyla is Zeke gave a damn? He is a cheater so MC figured he did not care.

Last edited:

Hotocochoro

Aug 4, 2018
Yesterday's Crossroads [v0.3.1] Unofficial Android Port

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

- 332mb

My Android Ports have a 2nd Persistent save location. So, even if you uninstall the game, the saves will remain Intact.

Saves location: Storage/0011/Game-name

You can also join my discord server for more and support me.

You can also join 0011 discord server

If you like my works please support me.

Do you have any other link please? Mixdrop is blocked where I live.

Slick Bean

Sep 9, 2023
Never gonna give you up
Never gonna let you down
Never gonna run around and desert you
Never gonna make you cry
Never gonna say goodbye
Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you
We've known each other for so long
Your heart's been aching, but you're too shy to say it (say it)
Inside, we both know what's been going on (going on)
We know the game and we're gonna play it
And if you ask me how I'm feeling
Don't tell me you're too blind to see
Never gonna give you up
Never gonna let you down
Never gonna make you cry
Never gonna say goodbye
Never gonna give you up
Never gonna let you down
Never gonna make you cry
Never gonna say goodbye
everything is fine
We've known each other for so long
Your heart's been aching, but you're too shy to say it (to say it)
Inside, we both know what's been going on (going on)
We know the game and we're gonna play it
I just wanna tell you how I'm feeling
Gotta make you understand
Never gonna give you up
Never gonna let you down
Never gonna make you cry
Never gonna say goodbye
Never gonna give you up
Never gonna let you down
Never gonna make you cry
Never gonna say goodbye
Never gonna give you up
Never gonna let you down
Never gonna make you cry
Never gonna say goodbye

• Angry
Reactions: Dessolos

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
I asked about this whole Kayla Zeke situation on the dev's Discord. He answered something I was most curious about, Zeke didn't know about them before and still doesn't.
This is interesting because I think in last update he hinted he knew that Kayla never really forgot the MC. Unless he was referring to Kim, but the timing of that replay from Zeke made me think Kayla.:unsure:

Ancandune

Sep 3, 2022
The passion in the debate of various characters and their actions is a huge testament to CHAQUINN0's skill in character development and storytelling. Great work CHAQUINN0!

I'm not a fan of Patreon or Subscribestar, for reasons that I'd rather not go into here. Any chance Yesterday's Crosswords will be coming to Steam?

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
YEah ... no .. this game is getting a whole content revamp rework beauty treatment.
yeah I cant wait for the rework as I read the dev is going to rework the lewd scenes so they actually feel more intimate that was one of my biggest issues with the game.

SteelyDan14

Formerly Known as GeekBone
Modder
Donor
Jan 13, 2018
Does anyone know what the Harem(optional) future tag is going to mean? It does not currently play like a harem game (which is perfectly fine with me) but the MC doesn't seem to have any mental struggle with dating several women. Still, it does not have the harem feel to it so I was just wondering if anyone knew what it meant.

Great game so far!

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
Does anyone know what the Harem(optional) future tag is going to mean? It does not currently play like a harem game (which is perfectly fine with me) but the MC doesn't seem to have any mental struggle with dating several women. Still, it does not have the harem feel to it so I was just wondering if anyone knew what it meant.

Great game so far!
I agree it makes no sense to me so far on how he plays. But from what I can guess it would be Alessa her girlfriend, potentially Kimberly or Keyla ( still not 100% sure if these 2 make sense) . Those are the only ones that even make sense to me that might be in a future harem.

Reactions: SteelyDan14

SteelyDan14

Modder
Donor
Jan 13, 2018
I agree it makes no sense to me so far on how he plays. But from what I can guess it would be Alessa her girlfriend, potentially Kimberly or Keyla ( still not 100% sure if these 2 make sense) . Those are the only ones that even make sense to me that might be in a future harem.
So you are thinking it might be a subset of the girls? Interesting thought and it makes sense. I mean Judith, for example, doesn't seem like the sharing type. But having a huge harem does not seem like the MC at so so it will be interesting to see where this goes.

Slick Bean

Sep 9, 2023
MC does not have anything to offer - in his life experience, girls have been leaving him for whatever reason
all the time. He is offering his pleasure to share his life and time with each and every one of them,
not anything like his cars, mansions, cabins, hotels, cohorts of servants or his yachts.
So you are thinking it might be a subset of the girls? Interesting thought and it makes sense. I mean Judith, for example, doesn't seem like the sharing type. But having a huge harem does not seem like the MC at so so it will be interesting to see where this goes.

SteelyDan14

Modder
Donor
Jan 13, 2018
MC does not have anything to offer - in his life experience, girls have been leaving him for whatever reason
all the time. He is offering his pleasure to share his life and time with each and every one of them,
not anything like his cars, mansions, cabins, hotels, cohorts of servants or his yachts.
I hear what you are saying so point taken. For me, however, there are times when I am okay with harems, like harem hotel or desert stalker, but they seem to fit in those worlds/environments. This story is more realistic when you look at the setting and behaviors, so a harem would seem out of place. Part of it, too is as I play more of these, I have started appreciating a good story that has some drama and emotions. Harem stories all have women who will not cheat on the dude but are fine with the dude doing whatever. I can see maybe one of the women being like this, but for all of them? It never feels right to me. People, when emotions get involved, rarely are logical, rational creatures.

Don't get me wrong, give me a good old corruption VN any day, but I guess I have different ideas for different types of games, and a harem just seems out of place in this one.

Regardless, I see where you are coming from regarding the MC's behavior.

Forgotted

Sep 1, 2020
Just started and at at the scene whether or not to ask Julia
out on a date.

If I say no,
Will I be able to change my mind later? Or would I need to
come back to a savepoint?

Thanks

4.40 star(s) 41 Votes