VN Ren'Py Yesterday's Crossroads - Chapter 2 [v0.3.1] [CHAQUINN0]

4.40 star(s) 41 Votes

Deleted member 207916

Sep 17, 2017
I don't like Kim either, simply because I don't find her attractive. But I don't understand the hatred towards her. She is not selfish and she really loved mc. the problem is that she is totally terrified of her father and would rather go back home, than have her father hurt her boyfriend. she could have done it differently, i agree. But she never wanted to hurt the mc or even leave him.
I think Kayla is much worse, very selfish, she doesn't care if the mc is harmed, if it's to her benefit.
I do agree with you on Kayla part and i think everyone will agree on that. Also i think that as character Kim looks nice, aside for what she had done to MC. And this is not a case scenario where a guy, like MC in this case, holds a grudge against ex, like Kim. Its us guys being careful so next time we don't be burned. Kim burned MC apparently because she was scared of her dad or for what he may do against MC. Not that i care or did i gave her oportunity to explain herself but it was in that moment she had made her choice. And what were guaranties that her dad won't go after MC regardless of her leaving for S. Korea? I presume that she came back not only because her job demanded but also in hopes to reconcile with MC. Like Slick Bean said, if MC accept Kim he will lose all respect and love from her and she will be like "Hey i get away with it, what else may i get away with"? No, you don't want to take her back because she will resent you, cheat on you or humiliate you for another "Job oportunity or MCs safety". What MC needs is to move forward and try out with another girl. Of course i can't tell you how to play your game.

I do recommend you to watch on YouTube Strong Successful Male. Not that i was a nice guy but it really red pilled me so i don't take crap from people.

Sin_Mechero

Mar 27, 2022
I do agree with you on Kayla part and i think everyone will agree on that. Also i think that as character Kim looks nice, aside for what she had done to MC. And this is not a case scenario where a guy, like MC in this case, holds a grudge against ex, like Kim. Its us guys being careful so next time we don't be burned. Kim burned MC apparently because she was scared of her dad or for what he may do against MC. Not that i care or did i gave her oportunity to explain herself but it was in that moment she had made her choice. And what were guaranties that her dad won't go after MC regardless of her leaving for S. Korea? I presume that she came back not only because her job demanded but also in hopes to reconcile with MC. Like Slick Bean said, if MC accept Kim he will lose all respect and love from her and she will be like "Hey i get away with it, what else may i get away with"? No, you don't want to take her back because she will resent you, cheat on you or humiliate you for another "Job oportunity or MCs safety". What MC needs is to move forward and try out with another girl. Of course i can't tell you how to play your game.

I do recommend you to watch on YouTube Strong Successful Male. Not that i was a nice guy but it really red pilled me so i don't take crap from people.
I have never said that you have or I want the mc to date her again., not everything is black or white. You have to look a bit further before you judge someone. Kim is too nice and in the end she looks dumb. She has no malice, to cheat on you or anything like that.
There's just her father who terrifies her, rightly or wrongly that's what remains to be seen.
I never said she did it right, only that she had a motive that for her it was the right thing to do. She does it for the mc, not for her own benefit.

JenusKudo

Aug 4, 2017
Lol...mc is surrounded by toxic/bad people.... only when he get rid of them, he will find his paradise

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
Lol...mc is surrounded by toxic/bad people.... only when he get rid of them, he will find his paradise
idk the only one that comes across as someone that might be toxic or potentially a bad person is Keyla and Zeke so far to me. The others just have issues but I think be a stretch to call to them bad / toxic. Even if you consider their personal issues enough to make them toxic. I wouldn't say say they are bad people yet other than maybe Zeke and Keyla. Tho I guess this is just more my opinion since being toxic / a bad person is largely based on our own personal point of view.

JenusKudo

Aug 4, 2017
idk the only one that comes across as someone that might be toxic or potentially a bad person is Keyla and Zeke so far to me. The others just have issues but I think be a stretch to call to them bad / toxic. Even if you consider their personal issues enough to make them toxic. I wouldn't say say they are bad people yet other than maybe Zeke and Keyla. Tho I guess this is just more my opinion since being toxic / a bad person is largely based on our own personal point of view.
Do you know anything about that harem (optional) tag. I usually only play harem game. So I tried this game. But the game didn't feel like a harem game. Walkthrough mods even call you a douche if you are in two girls route at the same time. I feel like it's a click bait unless I am missing something.

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
Do you know anything about that harem (optional) tag. I usually only play harem game. So I tried this game. But the game didn't feel like a harem game. Walkthrough mods even call you a douche if you are in two girls route at the same time. I feel like it's a click bait unless I am missing something.
No idea if im being honestly I rarely look at tags other than to see if it has sandbox since I have a open mind and the description of the game and render previews are more important to me even if harems are my least favorite ill still play them from time to time. If you ask me I honestly dont see how a harem would make sense with this game. The only way I can see a harem in this and it's a big maybe is Aleesa + her girlfriend + Keyla and Kimberly. The last 2 are a big maybe

Last edited:

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
Like the esteemed Visualnovelogist LizaS pointed out to me, I don't remember ever laughing(or cracking a smile, tbf) while playing this, the gloom and romantic aspects are really good, but I hope going forward a bit more effort is put into humor and light hearted interactions. The highlight of this thread is the never-ending Kim hateposting and that its entirely player made, nothing is derived from the game.

• Haha
Reactions: LizaS

LizaS

Jan 20, 2022
Like the esteemed Visualnovelogist LizaS pointed out to me, I don't remember ever laughing(or cracking a smile, tbf) while playing this, the gloom and romantic aspects are really good, but I hope going forward a bit more effort is put into humor and light hearted interactions. The highlight of this thread is the never-ending Kim hateposting and that its entirely player made, nothing is derived from the game.
Hey... I smiled at the Julia date scene. And I think that's the highlight of the game or the peak of it.

The romantic dialogue in the game is so well-written. If I'm convincing someone to play the game, I would show them the Julia date scene because I think that's Yesterday's Crossroads in a nutshell.

Slick Bean

Sep 9, 2023
I don't remember ever laughing(or cracking a smile, tbf) while playing this, the gloom and romantic aspects are really good, but I hope going forward a bit more effort is put into humor and light hearted interactions.
Dev is already forward with the answer:
CHAQUINN 0:
Thank you! :D
I like the idea;
as the relationships build up, add more wholesomeness and fun with them.
Looking back at it, I do feel like I got too carried away with the 'darker' tone
as the MC was getting out of that limbo he tucked himself into,
but now I can definitely change that.
Awesome!

The highlight of this thread is the never-ending Kim hateposting and that its entirely player made, nothing is derived from the game.
The romantic dialogue in the game is so well-written. If I'm convincing someone to play the game, I would show them the Julia date scene because I think that's Yesterday's Crossroads in a nutshell.
Yet, in order to actually get the achievement of going on a date with Julia,
any and all players have to get through the Kim adventure,
with the added bonus of her comeback.

Will they ever get across all that Kim adventure and not rage quit?
Will they pivot back to Kim once she comes back?
Will they play long enough to reach Julia and understand they have to keep her,
in order for that fantastic romantic dialogue and date experience to linger?

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: shamtiiomi

shamtiiomi

May 1, 2021

Dev is already forward with the answer:
CHAQUINN 0:
Thank you! :D
I like the idea;
as the relationships build up, add more wholesomeness and fun with them.
Looking back at it, I do feel like I got too carried away with the 'darker' tone
as the MC was getting out of that limbo he tucked himself into,
but now I can definitely change that.
Awesome!

Yet, in order to actually get the achievement of going on a date with Julia,
any and all players have to get through the Kim adventure,
with the added bonus of her comeback.

Will they ever get across all that Kim adventure and not rage quit?
Will they pivot back to Kim once she comes back?
Will they play long enough to reach Julia and understand they have to keep her,
in order for that fantastic romantic dialogue and date experience to linger?
i dont think you need to play along at all,shit happends but here mc had the worst luck,someone who you loved [and left no matter the reasons,and even she now says where some reasons you dont know,...she coming back to the same fiucking company you are working......it sseems that we forget that this cultures have the decour to avoid this kind of situations,]so now she is back and want ....what? explain?crush your heart again? join in a thresome?guys to each to his own but pls if you are willing to accept the woman who dissapear after 6 years togheter bcs ....whatever she was doin ......you need to carve yourself a hole in the ground and dissapear ......
i know this is only my opinion but pls if you are a simp in real life dont put those toughts about it to others...kim belong to the streets and the job also belongs to the bin,mc dont stop to thinking that,and soon or later dev willl need to put a choice to explain whats going on to the hr departmentand to the boss and find a way out [at least for the players who dont want that woman near to us.....

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
While I do think the romance is top notch especially any of the dates you go on like the Julia one. I find the lewd scenes so far a bit lacking because they feel really light in dialogue compared to most AVN's ive played to the point it doesn't even feel intimate or romantic.

Last edited:
Reactions: hysepReC

hysepReC

Feb 16, 2022
While I do think the romance is top notch especially any of the dates you go on like the Julia one. I find the lewd scenes so far a bit lacking because they feel really light in dialogue compared to most AVN's ive played to the point it doesn't even feel intimate or romantic.
Agreed. The romance is well written and the girls are gorgeous, but it's difficult to look forward to any of the sex scenes when i know they are going to be extremely vanilla with very little dirty talk and no description of what's happening. I think this dev could benefit from getting help from someone who knows how to write good sex scenes because IMO, they are the only thing holding this back from being a top tier VN.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
No...it doesn't.

Not everything needs to be light-hearted or have comedy moments. Actually quite refreshing to see a serious VN for once.

lorkdubo

Aug 19, 2022
No...it doesn't.

Not everything needs to be light-hearted or have comedy moments. Actually quite refreshing to see a serious VN for once.
Just the right amount of heavy or drama. If it's too much then it goes into soap opera territory or retarded drama territory that is anger-inducing like three rules of life for example. Some snippets of comedy here and there are not bad.

• Angry
Reactions: Maviarab

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
Yeah, I guess I don't really hate Kim... But, there's not much room for light heartedness in her story so far. I will, however, predict that in my version of the tale she will definitely be the . Jus' Sayin' :cool:

4.40 star(s) 41 Votes