VN Ren'Py Yesterday's Crossroads - Chapter 2 [v0.3.1] [CHAQUINN0]

4.40 star(s) 41 Votes

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Leap of Fate had even heavier topics and the humor fit just fine, not to mention that humor is very often used as a coping mechanism.
Whataboutism doesn't matter. Not everything needs light-heartedness. That would be why drama series and films are sooooo unpopular...right? And for the record, I was largely unimpressed with LoF and think it's massively overrated.

If this is too serious, gloomy, whatever, want comedy....this obviously ain't the VN for you is it?

Reactions: xXwankerXx

jhonatanw

Engaged Member
Jun 21, 2022

Hey, everyone!
As of today, the Chapter 2 update is available for all tiers!
Over the past week, I've been working on things I've planned for some time but didn't have much time for.
I made some small fixes to Kim's model in Blender, mainly to her nose. These fixes won't change how she looks, they are just slight adjustments to that weird dent on her nose and the overall cranium shape. She still looks the same as before, but with some corrections.

Currently, I am mainly writing scenes for Chapter 3 and testing things in DAZ. I’ll start going full steam ahead next week.
I will go back to the previous chapters (mainly the Prologue) to make some fixes and changes to dialogues, static renders, and animations. However, I will thoroughly rework ALL the lewd scenes as they are very bland, and I need to address that to make them feel more intimate and passionate, I've put so much work into them and they still look lazy. The Chapter 3 update will have all lewd scenes reworked.
There is a lot to start working on in the upcoming weeks!
Have a great weekend, everyone!

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017

Hey, everyone!
As of today, the Chapter 2 update is available for all tiers!
Over the past week, I've been working on things I've planned for some time but didn't have much time for.
I made some small fixes to Kim's model in Blender, mainly to her nose. These fixes won't change how she looks, they are just slight adjustments to that weird dent on her nose and the overall cranium shape. She still looks the same as before, but with some corrections.

Currently, I am mainly writing scenes for Chapter 3 and testing things in DAZ. I’ll start going full steam ahead next week.
I will go back to the previous chapters (mainly the Prologue) to make some fixes and changes to dialogues, static renders, and animations. However, I will thoroughly rework ALL the lewd scenes as they are very bland, and I need to address that to make them feel more intimate and passionate, I've put so much work into them and they still look lazy. The Chapter 3 update will have all lewd scenes reworked.
There is a lot to start working on in the upcoming weeks!
Have a great weekend, everyone!
Thank you for posting this. Looks like my biggest complaint is getting reworked. I already was gonna replay this when the update does come out but now I have another reason 2.

ImSenjou

Apr 15, 2019
What Keyla did was as worse than what Kim did, she used you to cheat on her boyfriend, who was your best friend, and then she left you to marry your best friend, and if you gave her the chance, she would have cheated on him with you again.

What Kim did wasn't cool, but at least she did it partly to protect you, it was silly, I wouldn't go back with her after what she did, but for me, she's much better than Keyla.

Kim came back, but she didn't force herself on you, she explained to you why she left you and that was it, it was a stupid reason, but far from being a reason to hate her like many of you are doing, she and her sister grew up terrified because of their father, she was afraid to tell her boyfriend about the threats, because the boyfriend could try to act macho and end up suffering for it, if you observe the MC you will notice that he certainly does not inspire protection.

I've read so many hateful comments towards Kim that I'm starting to feel sorry for her.

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
What Keyla did was as worse than what Kim did, she used you to cheat on her boyfriend, who was your best friend, and then she left you to marry your best friend, and if you gave her the chance, she would have cheated on him with you again.

What Kim did wasn't cool, but at least she did it partly to protect you, it was silly, I wouldn't go back with her after what she did, but for me, she's much better than Keyla.

Kim came back, but she didn't force herself on you, she explained to you why she left you and that was it, it was a stupid reason, but far from being a reason to hate her like many of you are doing, she and her sister grew up terrified because of their father, she was afraid to tell her boyfriend about the threats, because the boyfriend could try to act macho and end up suffering for it, if you observe the MC you will notice that he certainly does not inspire protection.

I've read so many hateful comments towards Kim that I'm starting to feel sorry for her.
Not defending Keyla but I swore it said she accepted his marriage proposal before coming to college and seeing the MC again or right after the MC meet Zeke. but anyways your post made me change my stance to Keyla being worst than Zeke. I used to think Zeke was worst as to me it seemed like his cheating been going on longer and maybe with multiple women. While Keyla was just with the MC for a unknown amount of time but got the sense wasn.t for very long in comparison. But I didnt think about it at the time till I read your post just now but yeah if she really did still love the MC she should of called it off right after they reconnected and realized they still feel the same for one another.

But yeah im 100% with you I think Kim gets to much hate or is judged too quickly when we dont know enough about her father. If her father ends up being a nobody that has no real power or connection I could understand it alot more.

Reactions: MrBenny

Slick Bean

Sep 9, 2023
Have you not played the game this long? Kim never said anythign about her parents, ever.
She made it look like and sound like and made it a reality to MC SHE WOULD NEVER TALK ABOUT IT.
Dev confirmed that MC and Kay never cheated on Zeke as a married man,
then confirmed Kay was MCs CHILDHOOD CRUSH WhO WENT AWAY SUDDENLY.

You mean to tell me Zeke knew nothing of MC having a major crush on his major childhood crush?
What kind of a demented friend asks your crush to marry him?
What kind of incel beta insecure MC would even think of talking
to either his betrayer crush or his backstabber so called ”best friend”
ever again?

I think Kim gets to much hate or is judged too quickly when we dont know enough about her father.
So how much are we supposed to diss the MC when he finds out all the skeletons she has been hiding
in her closet actually did get to her, they had nibbled on her very soul for the duration of months if not years,
yet she would never bring this up with MC, he was totally unaware of any possibility of her ever going back
to the people she would never talk about or show fond memories of to MC - total shocker mobile of her run.

Reactions: Maviarab

ImSenjou

Apr 15, 2019
Have you not played the game this long? Kim never said anythign about her parents, ever.
She made it look like and sound like and made it a reality to MC SHE WOULD NEVER TALK ABOUT IT.

Dev confirmed that MC and Kay never cheated on Zeke as a married man,
then confirmed Kay was MCs CHILDHOOD CRUSH WhO WENT AWAY SUDDENLY.

You mean to tell me Zeke knew nothing of MC having a major crush on his major childhood crush?
What kind of a demented friend asks your crush to marry him?
What kind of incel beta insecure MC would even think of talking
to either his betrayer crush or his backstabber so called ”best friend”
ever again?

So how much are we supposed to diss the MC when he finds out all the skeletons she has been hiding
in her closet actually did get to her, they had nibbled on her very soul for the duration of months if not years,
yet she would never bring this up with MC, he was totally unaware of any possibility of her ever going back
to the people she would never talk about or show fond memories of to MC - total shocker mobile of her run.
I know I'm going to regret replying to the biggest hater in this thread but here goes...

I read and re-read my comment and didn't see where I mentioned that she cheated on Zeke with MC after they got married, but she definitely felt like doing it.

And if you haven't played the game, or simply haven't paid attention, I'll leave here a scene that shows the MC and Keyla having an affair behind Zeke's back, the MC's best friend, "the brother he never had", even though they know that what they were doing was wrong, that didn't stop them.

I won't answer you again, 'haters gonna hate', no one will convince you to change your opinion.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
I know I'm going to regret replying to the biggest hater in this thread but here goes...

I read and re-read my comment and didn't see where I mentioned that she cheated on Zeke with MC after they got married, but she definitely felt like doing it.

And if you haven't played the game, or simply haven't paid attention, I'll leave here a scene that shows the MC and Keyla having an affair behind Zeke's back, the MC's best friend, "the brother he never had", even though they know that what they were doing was wrong, that didn't stop them.

I won't answer you again, 'haters gonna hate', no one will convince you to change your opinion.
Actually not sure why you're replying either to be fair, you're not actually contradicting what he said or disproving anything. He never said they never cheated...only that they didn't (as per devs words...so argue with the actual writer all you like if that's your jam) when Zeke and Key were married. Doesn't matter what they wanted....lots of people want lots of things...but they don't do them/get them.

I also notice you didn't bother trying to disprove his points about Kim either....so all in all...what exactly are you trying to prove?

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
Each to their own all my point was while people have a valid reason to dislike Kim I just think the dislike / hate comes a bit too quickly since we know next to nothing about her father. How I see it if her father really has powerful connections , I dont think her actions were entirely unjustified because of the fear she has for him.

Now it may be stupid that she would work with the MC if her fear is still justified but I just chalked that up to either because she broken up with the MC so she has no reason to fear him or she just stopped caring about her father and just going to deal with the consequences.

Slick Bean

Sep 9, 2023
Nobody was ever supposed to stop or hurt anyobdy. MC is being the rational+forgiving+heartbroked party here.
1701084006711.png
1701084228818.png
Come back and TREAT MC LIKE A LOOSER SHE would just Flake on/Ghost/ Snub all the WHILE LOOKING TO MARRY HIS BEST FRIEND?
What about Zeke? Is he or not MCs best friend who knows not Kayla is the love of MCs life?
1701084398987.png
MC: Here we are. She will fix it. She will kick Zeke to the curb and come back to me. Right? RIGHT !!!!!!!!!

Does Zeke know nothing that Keyla BROKE MCS HEART when she dissapeared?
Did Zeke not know he would absolutely hurt MC by bringing Kayla back TO FLAUNT HER AS HIS - RIGHT INTO MCs face
like a fkking bull in those disgusting NTR games?
1701084903536.png
MC: Great. She knows what she has got to do! She will kick Zeke out. Seh gotta! Right? RIGHT!!!!
1701085000603.png
MC. What does she mean: come back to me? She is here. With Me! She chose me! Right? RIGHT!!!

Zeke is no innocent poarty here! You keep making him innocent for no good reason.
Zeke would not let go of hunting after Keyla, the one true love MC cannot get over:
- how little of a best friend is Zeke to actually steal Kayla away from MC and then literally flaunt her
all in fron of his so called ”best friend”? Do best friends only deserve to be bullied outta their feelings and personality,
like Zeke actually disconsiders MC totally with his asshoel move to literally steal the love of his best friend?
Each to their own all my point was while people have a valid reason to dislike Kim I just think the dislike / hate comes a bit too quickly since we know next to nothing about her father. How I see it if her father really has powerful connections , I dont think her actions were entirely unjustified because of the fear she has for him.

Now it may be stupid that she would work with the MC if her fear is still justified but I just chalked that up to either because she broken up with the MC so she has no reason to fear him or she just stopped caring about her father and just going to deal with the consequences.
Nobody fixed this, MC has been forever letting Zeke and Kayla walk all over him,
like he let Kim walk all over him with her year and a half hiatus after which she just wants
to come back like nothing happened.
I just think the dislike / hate comes a bit too quickly since we know next to nothing about her father.
Precisely whay I said - Kim never said anythign to anyone and then pooh - gone. Why should MC or us care about someone she
never ever talked about, certinaly nothing about going back to him, nothign about the sister, nothign about thw company.
Kim has been living and thriving through jobs overseas with MC, keeping her working visa on and making a life for herslef,
only we find out she idscarded everybody and everything out here to go back to the hellhole of her family.

How are we or MC supposed to give a care about the nothing she never said to anybody, not even to herself, in this game?

MC is already a nobody - Zeke cheats without batting an eye, while Keyla is so much hasitant with MC,
but all you guys keep seeing is all the assholes getting pussy dropped on them - like the bully asshole Zeke:
that asshole is a best friend only in scriptede declaration - he does not offer any winghman assistance to mc:
Zeke has been stealing girls away from MC from day one, even marries the love of MCs life ffs.
1701085091868.png
MC: I have been telling Zeke all the time how I would marry you and have 20 kids and be happy anywhere with you. Sure he will understand. Right?
RIGHT !!!
the MC's best friend, "the brother he never had", even though they know that what they were doing was wrong, that didn't stop them.
That never stopped Zeke or Keyla from marrying eachother despite both knowing MC is forever head over heels with Keyla.
they both know it very well, they both talk about it, yer they still disrespect MC and trat him like a total looser,
what gives them the right to simply not talk or acknowledge MCs feelings and his absolute heartache while they married?
What did MC do wrong? He was there for Zeke and he was there for Keyla - he genuinely believed that his best friend and his absolute crush
would support him, not totally destroy their friendship and any dignity or selfrespect MC ever had by going forward with it.
Sure enough, you keep finding excuses for the cheating asshole like MC is in the wrong?
Why the fuck are you deffendiong bulls in a story that is suppsoed to not have NTR,
but you are so fkking happy to say Zeke as this upstanding bull - while he keeps stealing girls from MC.

MC is a pussy. He had no guts to put Zeke in his place, let alone Keyla or Kim. Zeke is a serial cheater.
Zeke broke the bro code by stealing the love of MCs life, Kayla knows it, MC knows it,
but MC is written as the absolute beta cuck, letting Keyla and Zeke marry right over his dead body.

Enjoy MCs funeral .. you are so fond of shitting on our protagonist, I dunno why you play this game.
To see MC cucked all the time by the cheating Zeke who ”just happends” to date and marry girlfriends
that have walked right outta MCs life with no explanation?

Last edited:

Slick Bean

Sep 9, 2023
This is devastating - both to Keyla who got ”HUSTLED” into a marriage so that Zeke could feel good,
but also to MC who is shown, we have the renders on this very page abouve, literally giving Keyla time to
”fix things” - she said. Why did she never end it with Zeke then and there? Why did she not pledge herself to MC?
I asked about this whole Kayla Zeke situation on the dev's Discord. He answered something I was most curious about, Zeke didn't know about them before and still doesn't.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Well .. now we know Zeke is the exact same as Kim - so much of a ”Best Friend” as she was a ”Girlfriend” to MC,
but they NEVER BOTHERED TO ACTUALLY CARE ABOUT HOW MC WAS FEELING ABOUT THEM AND OTHER PEOPLE.

MC is left in the dark about they ”other people” - how is MC supposed to know what was going on between Key and Zek
if Key was seeing him and SHE DID BREAK IT OFF MULTIPLE TIMES WTH ZEKE!

So .. Key did FIX THING BY BREAKING UP WITH zEKE - BUT NEVER MANAGED TO CONFESS HER LOVE TO MC.

Zeke kept his break ups and his marriage proposal a secret to MC, because why not, right?
MC kept his secret love for Key also - tit for that, there it is, Zeke got what he deserved, that asshole!

lorkdubo

Aug 19, 2022
If Keyla and Zeke met in HS holidays, they were only together for weeks or a few months max. Huge red flag for Keyla actually. I mean, it's kinda fucked up but there are not a lot of stakes in a fresh relationship. She could have easily got together with MC even if they had to explain to Zeke.

Slick Bean

Sep 9, 2023
She did get back with MC and she even broke up with Zeke MULTIPLE TIMES.
She could have easily got together with MC even if they had to explain to Zeke.
Zeke never told MC about his break ups, MC never picked up Key inbetween them.
MC did the right thing - just be there and let them sort it out:
Keyla tells MC point blank she will fix things.
But Mc never told Zeke he has been pining for Keyla HIS WHOLE LIFE,
the fact he is hurt so much and cannot hold a relationship with anmybody,
because his beloved is not fixing things, his best friend does not care he is dead inside,
possibly close to suicide by them on and off right in his face,
all because they both, Zeke and Key keep lying to MC all the time.

MC never was serious with anyone while Zeke was ”hustling” Keyla for commitment,
he even hustled her into marriage - stickign a knife in MC and killing him inside for good.

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
idk to me I don't see Zeke getting with Keyla and marrying her as betraying the MC at least yet unless there is something I forgot and need to replay the game. Simply because I don't recall Zeke ever knowing how much the MC like Keyla. Sure according to the dev post Zeke suspected something with all the flirting but unless he knew how serious they were in the past I don't know If I could call it a betrayal either. So while I do think Zeke is horrible for cheating on Keyla i'm also withholding judgement if Zeke did betray the MC and is a bad friend towards the the MC or not until more is revealed.

Reactions: Maviarab
4.40 star(s) 41 Votes