VN Ren'Py Yesterday's Crossroads - Chapter 2 [v0.3.1] [CHAQUINN0]

4.40 star(s) 41 Votes

johnmnf692

Jun 20, 2022
Forcing the MC to have crawled back to Keyla even after she ditched him for Steve is incredibly obnoxious, unless you are somehow going to say that Keyla and Steve have never fucked despite being married, many players, myself included, have no interest in a girl who already moved onto some other dick. Kim is one thing, since it's implied that she hasn't slept with anyone else. Kimberly is awkward as well because MC says that she was dating some guy while he was dating Kim, but even that isn't too egregious because the MC and her had only ever been fuck buddies before then. Some people will disregard Alessa because of Vera, although I'm not personally bothered by that (that said, I still don't really care to see it, especially without the MC present). Keyla however, is the only one that actually, truly, betrayed the MC, multiple times, so if the object of chapter 2 was to make Keyla basically as unlikable as possible, mission accomplished. All I ask is that we don't get some bs drama about Michelle or Olivia's ex's, in fact my hope is that they don't have any ex's, which seems to be the implication, but you never know with some of these devs.

With all of that said, I actually do like the game quite a bit, pretty much everything that doesn't involve Keyla is good, especially Michelle, who must be protected at all costs (Olivia and Alessa are right behind her).

Porthas

Feb 26, 2021
Forcing the MC to have crawled back to Keyla even after she ditched him for Steve is incredibly obnoxious, unless you are somehow going to say that Keyla and Steve have never fucked despite being married, many players, myself included, have no interest in a girl who already moved onto some other dick. Kim is one thing, since it's implied that she hasn't slept with anyone else. Kimberly is awkward as well because MC says that she was dating some guy while he was dating Kim, but even that isn't too egregious because the MC and her had only ever been fuck buddies before then. Some people will disregard Alessa because of Vera, although I'm not personally bothered by that (that said, I still don't really care to see it, especially without the MC present). Keyla however, is the only one that actually, truly, betrayed the MC, multiple times, so if the object of chapter 2 was to make Keyla basically as unlikable as possible, mission accomplished. All I ask is that we don't get some bs drama about Michelle or Olivia's ex's, in fact my hope is that they don't have any ex's, which seems to be the implication, but you never know with some of these devs.

With all of that said, I actually do like the game quite a bit, pretty much everything that doesn't involve Keyla is good, especially Michelle, who must be protected at all costs (Olivia and Alessa are right behind her).
The way this statement is worded, I'm not sure if you're asking if relationships will be forced (like a MC/Keyla) pairing or if you're assuming they will be.

I'm using Sancho's mod and I can tell you right now there's already flags that close off paths for Keyla and the dev has stated the MC will have agency over who they romance. Not counting the girl he breaks up with at the beginning of the game, it looks like we'll have a lot of control over who we date or whatever.

I don't mind drama as long as MC can steer his way around it.

Reactions: NebulousShooter

johnmnf692

Jun 20, 2022
The way this statement is worded, I'm not sure if you're asking if relationships will be forced (like a MC/Keyla) pairing or if you're assuming they will be.

I'm using Sancho's mod and I can tell you right now there's already flags that close off paths for Keyla and the dev has stated the MC will have agency over who they romance. Not counting the girl he breaks up with at the beginning of the game, it looks like we'll have a lot of control over who we date or whatever.

I don't mind drama as long as MC can steer his way around it.
I know that, I'm also using Sancho's mod, I'm talking about the unavoidable flashback with Keyla at the end (the 2nd flashback), in that flashback MC has sex with Keyla despite the fact that she's with Steve already and that she, as far as I'm concerned, cheated on MC with Steve. So now she's automatically cheated on both of them with each other, regardless of what you've done with her in game.

Porthas

Feb 26, 2021
I know that, I'm also using Sancho's mod, I'm talking about the unavoidable flashback with Keyla at the end (the 2nd flashback), in that flashback MC has sex with Keyla despite the fact that she's with Steve already and that she, as far as I'm concerned, cheated on MC with Steve. So now she's automatically cheated on both of them with each other, regardless of what you've done with her in game.
Okay now your point is clear to me.

I don't have a problem with it, myself. But different strokes for different folks.

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
Yes: the fact that a character in a VN has a back story that might include unfaithfulness and sex with someone other than the MC is just a horrible, horrible thing. It is too close to reflecting reality instead of letting the player live in the fantasy that's he's the biggest swinging dick in the universe and that all women will abstain from sex until they can have his schlong and his schlong only and ever forever and ever and ever. :rolleyes:

johnmnf692

Jun 20, 2022
Yes: the fact that a character in a VN has a back story that might include unfaithfulness and sex with someone other than the MC is just a horrible, horrible thing. It is too close to reflecting reality instead of letting the player live in the fantasy that's he's the biggest swinging dick in the universe and that all women will abstain from sex until they can have his schlong and his schlong only and ever forever and ever and ever. :rolleyes:
What a fucking cope. God forbid I don't want a Love Interest to have cheated on the MC, it's almost like there's a specific three letter tag for that which most people don't like. And no, I'm not saying that tag should be applied to this game, but the principle is the same, because it involves a LI cheating on the MC. Also, there is a big difference between a LI having a previous relationship and a LI cheating on the MC. There is yet another difference between a LI cheating on the MC, and forcing the MC to get back with said cheater in an unavoidable flashback.

It's not too close to reality, because in reality, I wouldn't even entertain the idea of getting back with a bitch who cheated on me, under any circumstance. The problem is that it's forced, obviously I'd rather it didn't happen at all if she's going to be a LI, but since it did happen and she is, allegedly, a LI, I would simply prefer if the MC wasn't forced to have hooked up with her after she hopped onto Steve's dick.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
What a fucking cope. God forbid I don't want a Love Interest to have cheated on the MC, it's almost like there's a specific three letter tag for that which most people don't like. And no, I'm not saying that tag should be applied to this game, but the principle is the same, because it involves a LI cheating on the MC. Also, there is a big difference between a LI having a previous relationship and a LI cheating on the MC. There is yet another difference between a LI cheating on the MC, and forcing the MC to get back with said cheater in an unavoidable flashback.

It's not too close to reality, because in reality, I wouldn't even entertain the idea of getting back with a bitch who cheated on me, under any circumstance. The problem is that it's forced, obviously I'd rather it didn't happen at all if she's going to be a LI, but since it did happen and she is, allegedly, a LI, I would simply prefer if the MC wasn't forced to have hooked up with her after she hopped onto Steve's dick.
OMFG...just ignore that character then.

Easy...done. Moving on...

Reactions: Jazzgeoff

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023

#Yawn

Adds to the list...

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Avoid the character in an unavoidable flashback, why didn't I think of that?
You're special aren't you....you know the only reason that flashback exists right? Right? Get the fuck over it and move on with your life, you've made your point you dislike her. Good for you.

johnmnf692

Jun 20, 2022
You're special aren't you....you know the only reason that flashback exists right? Right? Get the fuck over it and move on with your life, you've made your point you dislike her. Good for you.
I was done before either of you big brains even said a word to me, you 2 are the reason this conversation even exists.

• Angry
Reactions: Maviarab

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
I was done before either of you big brains even said a word to me, you 2 are the reason this conversation even exists.
You made three posts about it before I even commented.

Maybe you should work on increasing the size of your own brain first before trying to call me out ;)

pra86

Feb 22, 2020
All that over some dumb bint, whom you can choose to exclude in the future - and I think many will choose to do just that.

The whole cheating affair with Kayla is indeed rather off-putting. You had the protagonist start off with no self-respect, staying in an ultimately toxic relationship with her. Then eventually the whole fiasco with Kim, where she disrespects his own sense of agency, his right to be told the truth, at the very least.

But it doesn't need to stay that way. You can cut them and their toxicity out of the protagonist's life permanently, and move onto better things - thus having the protagonist grow as a person, and gain a better sense of self-worth. Decent character growth for the protagonist themselves is something that many VNs fail to ever do.

Now, if the dev decided to force players into a compulsory relationship with her in the future, then that would be a completely different matter.

Reactions: OptimusCrime

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
You had the protagonist start off with no self-respect, staying in an ultimately toxic relationship with her.
Their original and first relationship was far from toxic...anything but, the exact opposite in fact. You reading the same dialogue as everyone else?

Everything after that, the rekindling and then the subsequent failing tell the MC about Kim...sure...she deserves it, as much as the MC does for also rekindling. So hate her, surely you all hate the MC (you) just as much hmmm? Food for thought...

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018

Where exactly did you get the cheating on the MC from? :WaitWhat:She was forced to move with no prospect of coming back. If you consider her cheating, then MC did the same with Alessa, at that point becomes a mental gymnastic on who cheated first, but the fact is no one did it with the intention of cheating, they just thought will never see each other again and moved on.

The only actual cheating in the game is MC and Keyla cheating on Steve Zeke. :HideThePain:
Edit: Forgot Zeke cheating on Keyla also.

Last edited:
Reactions: Maviarab

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
lol this is almost turned into a / popcorn read and a dumb one at that. I understand not liking the cheating flashback scene or w/e but to me it seems like a important one just to really put the nail in the coffin and show how horrible of a person Keyla is. As well to show how the MC was shitty to and correct me if im wrong as I forgot a bit but isn't part of the game's story trying portray how the MC is trying to be a better person than he was in the past.

Also I don't get how some thinks a flashback means it's forced relationship when it's that a flashback of the past and I been ignoring her in my game so nothing been forced other than to show some important backstory.

Reactions: xCalon

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
lol this is almost turned into a / popcorn read and a dumb one at that. I understand not liking the cheating flashback scene or w/e but to me it seems like a important one just to really put the nail in the coffin and show how horrible of a person Keyla is. As well to show how the MC was shitty to and correct me if im wrong as I forgot a bit but isn't part of the game's story trying portray how the MC is trying to be a better person than he was in the past.

Also I don't get how some thinks a flashback means it's forced relationship when it's that a flashback of the past and I been ignoring her in my game so nothing been forced other than to show some important backstory.
Correct....correct....aaaannnnd correct.

Well done Des, at least some of us actually pay attention.

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
You are all a bunch of haters, I still hold hope for a Keyla redemption arc. :cautious: :Kappa: But yeah, I can't lie, last update was character assassination on her and when she polls same numbers as Kim, you know she is pretty much done.

4.40 star(s) 41 Votes