VN Ren'Py Yesterday's Crossroads - Chapter 2 [v0.3.1] [CHAQUINN0]

4.40 star(s) 41 Votes

c.mork

Nov 3, 2022
Well obviously not and like I said, you're the first to bring it up...sooo...
So what? But okay, I explain it for the less gifted:
Every route choice is clear as day, except Kimberly who is hidden behind going to the gym with Zeke.
Ohhh...if only real life was like that huh....

Shame eh?
This...isn't real life. You can't be serious :rolleyes:

alive89

Mar 8, 2023
That's my point when I talk about the replayability, the dev himself said that no playthrough will be the same as the other and he takes games like Detroit Become Human as inspiration.
I'm quite new to the AVN world, but the ones I played are exactly like you say, very straight-forward and everything is way too obvious and simplified, that's not the case on this one. Thinking outside the box and writing a good story is not the norm in this genre.

c.mork

Nov 3, 2022
I'm quite new to the AVN world, but the ones I played are exactly like you say, very straight-forward and everything is way too obvious and simplified, that's not the case on this one.
But it actually is that straight-forward 99% of the time. Asking out Julia, kissing Michelle, accepting Olivia's invitation, showing the city to Candace, letting Kim explain why she left. These are all as clear as they can get, that's why the Kimberly situtation stuck out for me so much and frustrated me.

satirious

Mar 15, 2021
But it actually is that straight-forward 99% of the time. Asking out Julia, kissing Michelle, accepting Olivia's invitation, showing the city to Candace, letting Kim explain why she left. These are all as clear as they can get, that's why the Kimberly situtation stuck out for me so much and frustrated me.
You aren't the only one that noticed it and/or thought that it was less than well thought out.

It's also possible that it is an indication that the plan is to ensure there are things that can blow up in your face at a later date. The soap opera VN is very much in vogue these days.

Reactions: c.mork

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
So what? But okay, I explain it for the less gifted:
Every route choice is clear as day, except Kimberly who is hidden behind going to the gym with Zeke.
I take it you've never played any other VNs, because this kind of thing happens everywhere. How do you meet someone you've never met before IRL, and never even knows exists or expect to meet? You go somewhere other than where you are. Works the same way in VNs that aren't kinetics.

c.mork

Nov 3, 2022
I take it you've never played any other VNs, because this kind of thing happens everywhere. How do you meet someone you've never met before IRL, and never even knows exists or expect to meet? You go somewhere other than where you are. Works the same way in VNs that aren't kinetics.
Please go ahead and list every AVN where they hide a MAIN LI behind literally the first choice of the game that has nothing to do with said character.

And deleting the part where I literally said this isn't real life so you can lecture me be about that again is certainly an approach.

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
I personally don't see the big deal in missing a interaction with Side or Main LI because you as the player picked a different choice and had no idea it would lead to one. It's not like you won't see them later in the game. It's a different story if it locks you out of their path completely without knowing the even exist.

Edit this is why I will sometimes quick save and check both choices out unless I know what I want to go with for sure.

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
Please go ahead and list every AVN where they hide a MAIN LI behind literally the first choice of the game that has nothing to do with said character.

And deleting the part where I literally said this isn't real life so you can lecture me be about that again is certainly an approach.
Maybe you should stick to kinetics since dealing with decisions is too much for you.

• Wow
Reactions: motseer

c.mork

Nov 3, 2022
I personally don't see the big deal in missing a interaction with Side or Main LI because you as the player picked a different choice and had no idea it would lead to one. It's not like you won't see them later in the game. It's a different story if it locks you out of their path completely without knowing the even exist.
I just hate blind choices. It's just like rolling dice at that point. Or am I suppose to just say yes to everything in fear of missing content that I didn't know was behind that choice? Then that's not playing, that's obediently clicking "yes" until end of update screen shows up.

But you are right, it's not a big deal. If it was, I would've just deleted the game and moved on like I did with many VNs I didn't like. It was just a sore spot in an otherwise great AVN, made worse by the stark difference between Kimberly's and literally every other LI's route. Anyhow, on last page alive89 said there's gonna be a 2nd opportunity to start something with Kimberly, so while it's still annoying to me at least it's not unreasonable.

Maybe you should stick to kinetics since dealing with decisions is too much for you.
I accept your concession that there are no such AVNs. Thank you.

Reactions: Ancandune

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
But okay, I explain it for the less gifted:
So gifted you need everything spoon fed to you. Like Thorin said (who i very rarely ever agree with), perhaps your gifted ass should stick to KN's.

As for real life, I suppose you never watch and realistic films then...or read books, documentaries...cos you know...you want escapism fantasy where everything goes your way? Many love this VN because it isn't like that....and yes, real life...get the bus instead of a cab, skip work for the beach, order a pizza instead of going to the club....any number of random decisions could lead you somewhere interesting...

That's the actual strength of this VN. As for how you get to other LI's...how does that even matter? The systems are not mutually exclusive, nor do they need to be, something I'd expected someone gifted to comprehand...

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: motseer

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
I accept your concession that there are no such AVNs. Thank you.
Bless your heart! I'm not going back into every VN I've ever played to find you examples, but if that is truly the first decision of the VN, then THAT IS YOUR HINT that you might miss something by just hanging around and not going into the "world".:FacePalm:
/smdh/

Reactions: Maviarab

ViperGts151

You don’t like me? Fine. Don’t waste my time then.
Donor
Jan 15, 2018

This week’s work was pretty much the same as last week; more posing scenes in DAZ and finalizing a few smaller things. So there's not much to discuss about it.
I've been meaning to address the reworked content for a while, and I think now is a good time for it.

Additional Content
Chapter 1 will feature two additional scenes for Julia which are fairly lengthy with significant dialogues and interactions. This is meant to bridge the gap between the Prologue and Chapter 1. Only saying that the MC and Julia have been talking and flirting during this time won't suffice. In the next update, you will be able to experience some of those interactions within Chapter 1.
These scenes happen before you can ask her out on a date at the office break room and won't include any choices. If you don’t want to replay, you won’t miss anything substantial, except for some additional Julia lore.

I am giving the same treatment to Kimmy. Some players may have missed starting her route if they chose to stay home instead of going to the gym, which was intentional. However, just like with Julia, there will be a second chance for you to start her route if you missed it the first time around.
Kimberly also has an extended scene in Chapter 1 now, which happens right before the sex scene, and that choice has been moved to within this scene, but again, if you have already chosen to start her route, you won't miss anything, except to some Kimberly lore in case you don't want to replay.

Rework
I started making this game nearly a year before I even thought about releasing the Prologue, and back then, I had very little knowledge of how DAZ worked, and my PC wasn’t that great. So some renders from back then ended up looking terrible. I am slowly remaking some of them, which may or may not be included in the next update.
My main focus on the rework is to get all the sex scenes rework done first, then I will keep on improving the static renders and some dialogues.
I reworked pretty much the entire Zeke/Keyla house scene with better dialogue and renders, I also removed the cringe-inducing filler robot scene in Zeke’s office.
OLD

NEW
This week's dev log is significantly behind schedule due to how my daytime job is consuming all my time and sanity. But hopefully, next week, things will go back to normal.
Have a great weekend, everyone! :D

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018

Edit this is why I will sometimes quick save and check both choices out unless I know what I want to go with for sure.
But that actually kickstarts her route and its not even self explanatory as the choice is go to the gym, you would expect to meet her in the gym. That skips her entire route so far in the game. I remember thinking she isn't a Main LI when I first found the game.

Hopefully the reworks make it less of a lol I stumbled into a route and more of an educated decision on the player's part.

People are wild to pretend a Main LI route start being hidden and two updates worth of content with her skipped based on a random choice is a widespread AVN practice, I feel people just want to be contrarians, or they just pick a game and defend any criticism against it no matter how warranted it is, like their life depended on it. I don't get it.

4.40 star(s) 41 Votes