VN Ren'Py Yesterday's Crossroads - Chapter 2 [v0.3.1] [CHAQUINN0]

4.40 star(s) 41 Votes

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
But that actually kickstarts her route and its not even self explanatory as the choice is go to the gym, you would expect to meet her in the gym. That skips her entire route so far in the game. I remember thinking she isn't a Main LI when I first found the game.

Hopefully the reworks make it less of a lol I stumbled into a route and more of an educated decision on the player's part.

People are wild to pretend a Main LI route start being hidden and two updates worth of content with her skipped based on a random choice is a widespread AVN practice, I feel people just want to be contrarians, or they just pick a game and defend any criticism against it no matter how warranted it is, like their life depended on it. I don't get it.
wait Kimberly is a main LI i thought she was a Side girl this entire time lol

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
But that actually kickstarts her route and its not even self explanatory as the choice is go to the gym, you would expect to meet her in the gym. That skips her entire route so far in the game. I remember thinking she isn't a Main LI when I first found the game.

Hopefully the reworks make it less of a lol I stumbled into a route and more of an educated decision on the player's part.

People are wild to pretend a Main LI route start being hidden and two updates worth of content with her skipped based on a random choice is a widespread AVN practice, I feel people just want to be contrarians, or they just pick a game and defend any criticism against it no matter how warranted it is, like their life depended on it. I don't get it.
However there are no 'rules' to VN's. Accepted practice maybe..but not rules.

I had no issue with it, was a refreshing way of doing it and to randomly find a LI I like. Hell, people will want a full damn LI list 6 month before the VN comes out soon they are that fragile over this shit. Like seriously, part of the fun...oh who she etc etc. Next playthrough, make different choices.

Again, people don't like that stuff, go and playn a harem KN instead.

CHAQUINN0

Yesterday's Crossroads Developer
Game Developer
Oct 29, 2021
I just looked through all the special render sets and I noticed the disturbing amount of feet shots. CHAQUINN 0, do you have something to confess? :cautious: :Kappa:
LMAO!
Personally, I don't really have a foot fetish. However, I do appreciate every aspect of a beautiful woman.
Feet shots are one of top requests I've received ever since I got into the art world. You'd be surprised at the wild requests I've received since I started making this game. :LUL:

CHAQUINN0

Yesterday's Crossroads Developer
Game Developer
Oct 29, 2021
Concerning Kimberly, much like in real life, we never know what might happen when we step out into the world and touch some grass. Meeting her again was one of those unpredictable situations.
I understand that locking her out based on just one situation wasn't right, even though you will still have the chance to encounter her again in Chapter 3.
Now I'm making this change: on the train, you will have the choice to hang out with her independently of going to the gym with Zeke. However, that won't be forced upon you; you can still choose to say no to her.

Last edited:

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
However there are no 'rules' to VN's. Accepted practice maybe..but not rules.

I had no issue with it, was a refreshing way of doing it and to randomly find a LI I like. Hell, people will want a full damn LI list 6 month before the VN comes out soon they are that fragile over this shit. Like seriously, part of the fun...oh who she etc etc. Next playthrough, make different choices.

Again, people don't like that stuff, go and playn a harem KN instead.
Concerning Kimberly, much like in real life, we never know what might happen when we step out into the world and touch some grass. Meeting her again was one of those unpredictable situations.
I understand that locking her out based on just one situation wasn't right, even though you will still have the chance to encounter her again in Chapter 3.
Now I'm making this change: on the train, you will have the choice to hang out with her independently of going to the gym with Zeke. However, that won't be forced upon you; you can still choose to say no to her.
Ironically, its because its not a kinetic novel that it shouldn't work like that. I understand the realistic aspect of not knowing what would happen when you go outside, but no matter how story heavy at the end of the day this is ultimately by nature of choices framed as a game and go talk with anyone working in the industry, or studying game design, you have to give the player some hints, or cues before making a choice, you can't have them pick left door, or right door, one choices kills them and the only way to know is to save scum and randomly try the doors. That is bad game design, there has to be some hint about hearing the wind behind the door that opens to them falling to their dead of the edge of the mountain.

If you insist on keeping her entire route on a random seemingly unrelated choice, at least change the dialogue so that she mentions running into Zeke outside the gym so the player has a clue what he was missing that way, because as it stands I would not be surprised if people didn't even know she had a route after the first 3 releases. That might be ok for a side hoe, but not for an allegedly Main LI.

case in point :Kappa:
wait Kimberly is a main LI i thought she was a Side girl this entire time lol
I don't have the numbers, but I am so confident enough in being close to the real ones that I would bet money on it, I think more than 80% of the AVN playerbase only ever plays one save, they focus on someone they like, they come next update and as long as the saves work they continue that one save file. For someone like that, missing her in the first completely unrelated choice makes them not even know she has any content in the game yet, unless modding, or checking the gallery.

And imo, the beauty of choices and multiple playthroughs is after making an educated decision is you knowing, or at least having a hint of what you missed and what to expect on your next playthrough. Russian rouletting every random choice and stumbling into girls routes its not fun.

Last edited:

Observe Scout

Sep 14, 2020
God...this game is masterpiece. I never thought I'd find this high quality games like this since my first post an about SG

Story render music multiple choices, everything is amazing. well except an animation need to be improve a bit. (I heard it about to reworks)

And finally, Dev I wish you success get more supports and good luck. (y)

*This text has been translated by machine.

Last edited:

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
View attachment 3327276
Kimmy Alex Jones arc inc. :cautious: :Kappa:

Edit:
View attachment 3327355
Man...How am I supposed to start my Alessa saves when you hit me with this.
View attachment 3327358
Yeah, even these brilliant Sasha fanarts do not justify Chaquinno for the pain he caused to me with the help of Michelle's arc. I had to jump out of the MC's head, while playing the guilt car trip scene with her, and look at the situation from afar. Otherwise I always end up going astray from a current LI's path and falling for Michelle.
cat.jpeg

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Yeah, even these brilliant Sasha fanarts do not justify Chaquinno for the pain he caused to me with the help of Michelle's arc. I had to jump out of the MC's head, while playing the guilt car trip scene with her, and look at the situation from afar. Otherwise I always end up going astray from a current LI's path and falling for Michelle.
View attachment 3331033
Because Michelle is just the most precious creature and the best LI ;)

alexf55699

Sep 16, 2022
I like this game a lot so far. Honestly, Olivia is my favorite; yeah, no sex scenes with her nor their relationship have progressed yet to this level, but the chemistry between them is captivating. And I hope the next chapter focuses a bit on the bond between her and the MC.

Other Li are also unique, with different personalities, unique models, and different body shapes (except they all lust after the MC LOL), but overall, it's a masterpiece so far.

Perhaps the two pressing issues are the transitions between the different scenes, which are so random, and the fact that using life quotes repeatedly is boring. Perhaps once during an interaction between the MC and NPC, but it's used multiple times within the same dialog with every single character.

SlowGoesSlow

Jan 5, 2024
View attachment 3331033
Michelle has single handedly fucked up every Candace run I've tried to set up. :cry:
I can't get passed the party, she's too powerful.

Reactions: yossa999

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
not gonna lie I kind of forgot who Cadence is lol I think she works in the office with you but not sure. But I love Michelle and Julia the most so far. Probably more in favor of Michelle being my favorite. Olivia is great but need to see how that develops.

Last edited:

SlowGoesSlow

Jan 5, 2024
not gonna lie I kind of forgot who Cadence is lol I think she works in the office with you but not sure. But I love Michelle and Julia the most so far. Probably more in favor of Michelle being my favorite. Olivia is great but need to see how that develops.
Candace is the blonde woman who works with you, yeah. Michelle and Julia are my two favorites too. The next update hopefully should have more Olivia content with the art show.

Cadence is anyway at the bottom of my list, still way above Kim though :ROFLMAO:
That's fair, for me it's Kim/Keyla/Alessa at the bottom of mine. :BootyTime:

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
That's fair, for me it's Kim/Keyla/Alessa at the bottom of mine. :BootyTime:
oh yeah, should have included Keyla there too... I mean MC is also equally to blame for that shit with her back then, but now that we have control I won't touch that with a ten foot pole

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
Yeah for me I put Keyla, Kim, Alessa and Kimberly at the Bottom
Keyla and Kim I think will always stay at the bottom for me.
If Alessa ever gets a solo path then I can see her moving out of the bottom for me as I do like her if she wasn't taken, I dont got interest in a throuple or harem path.
Kimberly I just don't have any interest in her at the moment maybe in the future I will. But right now she kind of friend zoned.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Yeah for me I put Keyla, Kim, Alessa and Kimberly at the Bottom
Keyla and Kim I think will always stay at the bottom for me.
If Alessa ever gets a solo path then I can see her moving out of the bottom for me as I do like her if she wasn't taken, I dont got interest in a throuple or harem path.
Kimberly I just don't have any interest in her at the moment maybe in the future I will. But right now she kind of friend zoned.
Alessa does have a solo path....

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
oh awesome then I must of forgotten then. I assumed she does but was a bit unsure since I only recall her and Vera in the game and couldn't recall what the dev said.
I have no idea how chaquinn is going to make it work, but you can (I believe from what he said) convince Alessa to leave her for a solo romance. of course, the throuple will exist if you want both, but I believe that is also a little work in convincing her gf of it.

4.40 star(s) 41 Votes