VN Ren'Py Yesterday's Crossroads - Chapter 2 [v0.3.1] [CHAQUINN0]

4.40 star(s) 38 Votes

Posbi95

Jan 7, 2024
What an emotional game and what a rollercoaster. I haven't had an intimate moment yet because i just didn't know what the right choice is. My heart belongs to the redhead, but the choice is incredible and the renders unique. So I'm currently in the game loving being alone for the right reasons than having fun for the wrong reasons.

Thanks for the game so far

Reactions: Maviarab

Quetzzz

Sep 29, 2023
Just finished this game, review after work, and playing a few more paths to see what content I missed by being me.

Spoiler alert: I'm less positive than most people here. A lot of "tell don't show", and an MC who talks like an AI trained on platitudes and pop-philosophy/psychology. None of the LI so far managed to catch my interest.
One thing it has going for itself is that it does seem to respect player choices, and that it is a gorgeous game. Narratively, it's a let-down for me.

Maviarab

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 12, 2020
Just finished this game, review after work, and playing a few more paths to see what content I missed by being me.

Spoiler alert: I'm less positive than most people here. A lot of "tell don't show", and an MC who talks like an AI trained on platitudes and pop-philosophy/psychology. None of the LI so far managed to catch my interest.
One thing it has going for itself is that it does seem to respect player choices, and that it is a gorgeous game. Narratively, it's a let-down for me.
Surprises me Quetzzz...thought you'd have been in on this one to be honest.

Quetzzz

Sep 29, 2023
Surprises me Quetzzz...thought you'd have been in on this one to be honest.
Yeah, in theory this is straight up my alley... but then i get distracted by things that don't make sense. Like how MC and Kim's relationship has been going on at least 3 years, but early In the prologue they talk as if they just got to know each other. I'm also having difficulty keeping track of time... And, Kim and the MC both having changed numbers doesn't fit the timeline.

Anyway, almost done at work. I'll post my remarks here before writing a review. I'm always open to a different point of view.

camube

Jun 4, 2022

this is more of a general question even if it tag you but, is there no way in f95 to see the list of a user's reviews?
like i wanna see all your reviews, how do i check that? i cant find it by myself

Maviarab

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 12, 2020
Yeah, in theory this is straight up my alley... but then i get distracted by things that don't make sense. Like how MC and Kim's relationship has been going on at least 3 years, but early In the prologue they talk as if they just got to know each other. I'm also having difficulty keeping track of time... And, Kim and the MC both having changed numbers doesn't fit the timeline.

Anyway, almost done at work. I'll post my remarks here before writing a review. I'm always open to a different point of view.
Hmm....on this:

Never got the talking like just getting to know each other...maybe subjective on how you read it in your head perhaps? Changed numbers? What numbers...you mean phones?

Timeline is also not really difficult to keep track off either I didn't think...do you mean the flashback parts?

Quetzzz

Sep 29, 2023
I wanted to share the notes I took during my first (blind) playthrough of the game.
These are just my thoughts and opinions at the time certain renders and lines showed. Except for some updates, the notes aren't changed retroactively.

It goes without saying that all of this is subjective. These thoughts are unfiltered, but no disrespect or insults are meant. If I didn't love this game on some level, I wouldn't have bothered with this at all.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Quetzzz

Sep 29, 2023
Never got the talking like just getting to know each other...maybe subjective on how you read it in your head perhaps?
That's possible. I just think it's weird that both Kim and the MC talk about what they'd do with a lot of money, but they're not including each other in those dreams. I got the same impression when Kim said "I should buy you a scooter", in a relationship, you'd say "Maybe we should buy you a scooter as well?"
It's lines like these that made it hard for me to find out how serious their relationship was. It's only in Chapter 2 that we get to know that they'd been together for years. Even in Chapter 1, Leyla describes their status as "dating".

Changed numbers? What numbers...you mean phones?
Yeah, phone numbers. Early in Chapter 1, the MC remarks that he and Kim sent some messages back and forth, but a few months in she stopped replying. In Chapter 2, we learn from Kim that she hardly had the time to reply because of her job... But eventually, she burned out, rested for a few months, then got a job at the tech company. It was only after learning that she'd be going back to the city, that she wanted to contact the MC again. But his number didn't work.
If the MC got a new number between the prologue and chapter 1, then it would've made sense that he mentioned that. Just a small line like "Now she can't even if she tries because I changed my number."
It's just so convoluted, and pretty boring as far as explanations go. It absolves both parties of guilt. What if Kim said that she didn't warn the MC because she wanted to settle in first, planning to contact him a few days later. This is more interesting, it gives the player/MC something to interpret.

Timeline is also not really difficult to keep track off either I didn't think...do you mean the flashback parts?
Mostly the general transition between scenes. Some are confusing. MC goes to bed, then suddenly he's at some place in the afternoon of the next day. This is something I think "Single Again" did great. There isn't a single scene where we don't know where the MC is or what he's doing. I'm missing this here. There's no real way to sense/measure how much time has been passing.
Though, not going to lie, I do have some issues putting the entire timeline together in my head, but I don't necessarily think this is a bad thing. At least in Chapter 2 events are referenced as “x years ago”, which makes them a lot easier to place.

Spoum6

Mar 1, 2024
Hello!
Thank you for this game.
Is it possible in this game to casually date one woman and then, later on, change your mind and decide that you would like to not date her anymore, making you available to date the other women ?
I feel that, like in real life, you should be able to date casually to see where it goes, without being locked down, and be able to pursue other people if it does not work out.
From my understanding from what I read from others, once you date someone in this game, then it's over forever for at least one LI, but if you don't then nothing happens at all. But what if you do that and then realize that the other LI is actually someone you prefer? You have no option to stop dating the first one and go for her? You have to start all over again? It would make it tedious to start and restart the game multiple times and go through the same scenes multiple times all over again, wouldn't it?

Maviarab

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 12, 2020
It would make it tedious to start and restart the game multiple times and go through the same scenes multiple times all over again, wouldn't it?
Tedious huh....

Just go play a harem game instead.

jhonatanw

Engaged Member
Jun 21, 2022

The first part of the chapter is finished!
I’ve been writing and posing the scenes from the second part now, which is basically the entirety of the business trip segment. This part already had a small chunk of it done since when I started making this update; I began from this part (hence why the first chapter was from it), so it is going much faster now.
The season change from Fall to Winter within the game’s world is proving to be a bit challenging since I am doing a lot of texturing and asset manipulation within other 3D tools to make things unique and fit the snowy environment. It is taking a little bit of time, but the results are worth the effort.
The images I have already posed have been rendering over the past few weeks. While they are processing, I write and work on other content for this update.
As I mentioned previously, thanks to your support, I am now finally dedicating 100% of my time to the game’s development. Things should start moving at a faster pace now. No more time to lose!
Have a great weekend, everyone!

D4rkK1ng

Feb 17, 2024
I just played the game , nice game with beautiful visuals (actually very few VN have such a good visuals), the LIs too are extremely beautiful and different making hard to choose from this early in the game.
for now this game for me is at least A Tier and im waiting with interest the chapter 3.

4.40 star(s) 38 Votes