Unity Abandoned Your Choice [v1.51] [Lusi3d]

3.50 star(s) 4 Votes

Deleted member 30700

Donor
May 11, 2017
Thanks for the reply but how do I get there I have never looked in the registry before.
You can click in the search box of your start menu in Windows and type this:
"regedit.exe" (without the quotes)
then press enter and it will open up the registry editor. Then You can make changes and save before you close. Although, If you don't know what your doing, you can really mess up your Computer so, don't forget to backup the registry first.

Reactions: a1fox3

Glucente

Jul 15, 2017
So quite enjoyed the game but a couple things I'd like to mention.

1. After trying every single night with the nighttime scene with the cousin I still haven't gotten past removing the strap, am I doing something wrong or is it just really bad luck? (I'm talking 50+ attempts)
  2. I got the all the lake scenes but I still can't give the cousin the book.

Shiva0067

Sep 3, 2017
So quite enjoyed the game but a couple things I'd like to mention.

1. After trying every single night with the nighttime scene with the cousin I still haven't gotten past removing the strap, am I doing something wrong or is it just really bad luck? (I'm talking 50+ attempts)
  2. I got the all the lake scenes but I still can't give the cousin the book.
I'll start with 2 first. Are you sure she doesn't have the book?? you don't 'Give' it to her, it just goes to her computer/pad/reader when you buy it. you might want to look at the quest list and talk with her to be sure she doesn't have the book yet.

As to the nightly visits.. those are tough. sadly there isn't a skill gain mechanic in the game so the odds don't change. The only thing I can say is to keep trying.

Sorry I couldn't help more on the visits, but hope the book stuff helped.

Now back to my impatient waiting for the update. :)

Reactions: yourchoice1

yourchoice1

Game Developer
May 14, 2017
I'll start with 2 first. Are you sure she doesn't have the book?? you don't 'Give' it to her, it just goes to her computer/pad/reader when you buy it. you might want to look at the quest list and talk with her to be sure she doesn't have the book yet.

As to the nightly visits.. those are tough. sadly there isn't a skill gain mechanic in the game so the odds don't change. The only thing I can say is to keep trying.

Sorry I couldn't help more on the visits, but hope the book stuff helped.

Now back to my impatient waiting for the update. :)
Thanks a lot for helping to the users!

To hype you a bit more. Here it is a comparision between Emma teenager and Emma of present day.

yourchoice1

Game Developer
May 14, 2017

I have to apologize to all of you for the delay of this version. I had a combination of both hardware and personal issues. In this version I have focused on the performance of the game, in addition to explain a little better certain situations of the plot.

My main problem is my hardware, I wish I could render enough images to better detail the expressions of each character but my renderings take between 1 and 3 hours for each render.

For all my supporters: Thank you all for believing in my project and in me. I promise you that I will work hard in each version to be able to please you in your leisure time.

I hope you enjoy Halloween as best you can with your friends and family.

Regards,

Lusi3D

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spanish

A principios de Noviembre, habrá un nuevo lanzamieto.

Tengo que disculparme con todos vosotros por el retraso de esta versión. Tuve una combinación de problemas tanto en hardware como personales. En esta versión me he centrado en el rendimiento del juego, además de explicar un poco mejor ciertas situaciones de la trama.

Mi principal problema es mi hardware, ojala pudiera renderizar suficientes imágenes para detallar mejor las expresiones de cada personaje pero mis renderizados tardan entre 1 y 3 horas por cada render.

Para toda la gente que me apoya: gracias a todos vosotros por creer en mi proyecto y en mi. Os prometo que trabajaré duro en cada versión para poder complaceros en vuestros momentos de ocio.

Espero que disfrutéis de halloween lo mejor que podáis con vuestros amigos y familia.

Saludos,

Lusi3D

Last edited:

rodneyeatme

Jul 19, 2017

I have to apologize to all of you for the delay of this version. I had a combination of both hardware and personal issues. In this version I have focused on the performance of the game, in addition to explain a little better certain situations of the plot.

My main problem is my hardware, I wish I could render enough images to better detail the expressions of each character but my renderings take between 1 and 3 hours for each render.

For all my supporters: Thank you all for believing in my project and in me. I promise you that I will work hard in each version to be able to please you in your leisure time.

I hope you enjoy Halloween as best you can with your friends and family.

Regards,

Lusi3D

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spanish

A principios de Octubre, habra un nuevo lanzamieto.

Tengo que disculparme con todos vosotros por el retraso de esta versión. Tuve una combinación de problemas tanto en hardware como personales. En esta versión me he centrado en el rendimiento del juego, además de explicar un poco mejor ciertas situaciones de la trama.

Mi principal problema es mi hardware, ojala pudiera renderizar suficientes imágenes para detallar mejor las expresiones de cada personaje pero mis renderizados tardan entre 1 y 3 horas por cada render.

Para toda la gente que me apoya: gracias a todos vosotros por creer en mi proyecto y en mi. Os prometo que trabajaré duro en cada versión para poder complaceros en vuestros momentos de ocio.

Espero que disfrutéis de halloween lo mejor que podáis con vuestros amigos y familia.

Saludos,

Lusi3D
You are a month off.

Shiva0067

Sep 3, 2017
I said this at Patreon and wanted to say it here as well, I don't mind delay. To often Developers/creators force a monthly release schedule and leave everyone unhappy. Take the time to make something YOU think is good. I would much prefer to wait a little longer, than to get something that has been rushed and ends up confusing, or feels unfinished, or just assembled quickly to get it out.

Just my thoughts. :)

fakk2

Donor
May 30, 2017
Lusi3D
These render times seem really long to me. I am wondering if your render settings are to high set up.
In my experience any normal machine that can run a normal 3d rendering program and unity should render these relatively non-complex scenes much faster than described.
I am not trying to tell you how to do your work, just in my experience with rendering on a medium to low end gaming machine, I had rendered 4k resolution with similar complexity, particle hair and ssl shaders within 1/2 of an hour (using blender).

Anyway, just saying check your settings, if you figure you can optimize some without losing quality, you may be able to create more content or whatever with additional time.

As always can't wait for the next release

yourchoice1

Game Developer
May 14, 2017
These render times seem really long to me. I am wondering if your render settings are to high set up.
In my experience any normal machine that can run a normal 3d rendering program and unity should render these relatively non-complex scenes much faster than described.
I am not trying to tell you how to do your work, just in my experience with rendering on a medium to low end gaming machine, I had rendered 4k resolution with similar complexity, particle hair and ssl shaders within 1/2 of an hour (using blender).

Anyway, just saying check your settings, if you figure you can optimize some without losing quality, you may be able to create more content or whatever with additional time.

As always can't wait for the next release

After your post, I couldn`t stop thinking about me getting that render times. Thinking and thinking I just did some tweaks and I formatted my HDD and SSD and I dont know why Im getting better times rendering my scenes.

This render take me around 25-30 minutes (without counting the time that I take to edit the render within photoshop)
JULIEEMMABREAKFAST1.png
Thanks to you, because you are the reason for I couldnt stop thinking about improving my rendering times

_bolek_

Sep 17, 2017
There is many way to improve render time. From overclocking RAM speed to moving temp dir to RAM. Or even changing GPU from GeForce\Radeon to Quadro\FirePro. Sometimes cheeper Quadro is faster than more expensive GeForce

fakk2

Donor
May 30, 2017
There is many way to improve render time. From overclocking RAM speed to moving temp dir to RAM. Or even changing GPU from GeForce\Radeon to Quadro\FirePro. Sometimes cheeper Quadro is faster than more expensive GeForce
Obviously better hardware always helps, but if the artist him/her-self does not have render settings under control, no amount of hardware will help you.

fakk2

Donor
May 30, 2017
After your post, I couldn`t stop thinking about me getting that render times. Thinking and thinking I just did some tweaks and I formatted my HDD and SSD and I dont know why Im getting better times rendering my scenes.

This render take me around 25-30 minutes (without counting the time that I take to edit the render within photoshop)
View attachment 31365
Thanks to you, because you are the reason for I couldnt stop thinking about improving my rendering times
Excellent, glad to be the nudge to start the wheels turning.
Don't know about the drives, usually should not effect the render itself (GPU and CPU do most of the job).
As for render settings, If I decide to do some random tweeking I do a screenshot of settings first (for backup in case I ruin something). It is also nice to compare previous end current setting to learn what actually works better.

Reactions: rodneyeatme

yourchoice1

Game Developer
May 14, 2017
Don't know about the drives, usually should not effect the render itself (GPU and CPU do most of the job).
As for render settings, If I decide to do some random tweeking I do a screenshot of settings first (for backup in case I ruin something). It is also nice to compare previous end current setting to learn what actually works better.

Im quite acquainted with the software, Im working with him since february so I have all the fucking options within my head XD (just joking). Thanks for your advice, if you could send me some renders for private message i really appreciate that, I enjoy a lot seeing the works of other people, Its like a hobbie for me.

Today I received a great news, probably I will be working on an AAA game as a 3D modeler, this way I will get a lot of more experience. My dream its making a huge game created for me. All the props, environments, characters.

Thanks fakk, I really appreciate your company since I started my game (You sent me a message told about the hair of Emma and how could I improve it) . I ever will forget your support.

Daruko01

Game Developer
May 7, 2017
Today I received a great news, probably I will be working on an AAA game as a 3D modeler, this way I will get a lot of more experience. My dream its making a huge game created for me. All the props, environments, characters.
Holy shit congratulations if this happens, seeing the quality of your work, you deserve this.

_bolek_

Sep 17, 2017
Obviously better hardware always helps, but if the artist him/her-self does not have render settings under control, no amount of hardware will help you.
Yes you have right, but if you tweak your current hardware correct then you can squeeze some more power. I working witch architects so that i know, more then 60% of the cases newer/better hardware not always is better. If you optimalise hardware settings and do some software changes you can get better result even if compare in newer/better hardware.

You forget that most of work is taking places in ram. if you don't have enough RAM then rendered data is dump in HDD as SWAP. That's why after formatting HDD his rendering time jump up. If he defragment drive with option consolidate free space, then he will get that same result.

To render faster i advice add more RAM, and if possible move TEMP (windows and user) to RAMDISK. I don't know how much RAM is needed to do your render but, if rendering need 16GB, then add next 16GB, when 8GB for OS, and create at last 4GB RAMDISK for temp (remember that if you have CPU supporting Dual Channel than use dual channel memory, this give huge performance increase). Believe or not this will increase speed. Oo and like i say before make some overclocking to your RAM in BIOS. Like if you have DDR4 2400MHz then check if BIOS show that same. Sometimes you think that you working in full speed but in BIOS you have setting like 1800MHz for RAM, if you do this then, without overclocking CPU you can increase performance both for CPU and GPU like 20%.

As of GPU i advice Quatro over GeForce, especially if there is dedicated driver on nVidia site for your software.

Reactions: fakk2

Shiva0067

Sep 3, 2017
update is scheduled for start of November.. I hope it's soon so I can stop pacing in anticipation.. I've already worn a hole in the floor and had to take 2 steps to the side so I can pace some more. :)

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
update is scheduled for start of November.. I hope it's soon so I can stop pacing in anticipation.. I've already worn a hole in the floor and had to take 2 steps to the side so I can pace some more. :)
Sounds like me and BB + DMD.;):p:happyblush

3.50 star(s) 4 Votes