Unity Abandoned Your Choice [v1.51] [Lusi3d]

3.50 star(s) 4 Votes

Cthulhu_

Oct 8, 2017
Hey, it is a nice start to a good game mate. There are a couple of issues that you may wish to address. First is when the MC sleeps, the next morning the UI says NIGHT, instead of MORNING. Secondly, I noticed this during the install that you have the label 1.42 on the zip, but the contents of the zip are 1.41.

On a side note, I love your use of the camera in creating your renders. The DoF is kick ass.

Jul 18, 2017
looking forward to playing your next update i've been enjoying each update @yourchoice1.

slightly off topic but remember how i told you about my aging computer that was a few years old months back?

i finally decided to which parts i wanted to purchase in this new build, it's slowly but surely coming together all my parts, just need mobo, ram (cant believe how expensive ram has gotten since the shortages, they're almost more expensive than a high end GPU haha), psu, windows and watercooler.

anyway i ended up deciding to build a AM4 1800x build (luckily the sales recently for 1800x convinced me to get it) but i'll be keeping my previous builds GTX 780 until Nvidia Volta or Vega Refresh cards come out before getting a new GPU. On that final off topic note it should make practicing 3d modelling a lot more pleasant. :D

Anyway keep up the good work :)

xb

Nov 9, 2017
Hi again!, mmm its quite strange, let me check it and then I will answer you okey?

So sorry for the troubles!

PD: I`m working on a version which let you play in the same browser, Im looking for new players with this system because there are some webs that just let you post your game if you can play only with the browser.

Thanks!

I'm stuck in the same place with Sveta. I have been watching the variables concerning Sveta and Evil in the save location in the registry (ps - I really dislike the game saving there instead of a standard file) and none of them are being incremented. The appear to be staying the same no matter what action is taken. Of Course I save before checking and then refresh the registry view.

xb

Nov 9, 2017
I'm stuck in the same place with Sveta. I have been watching the variables concerning Sveta and Evil in the save location in the registry (ps - I really dislike the game saving there instead of a standard file) and none of them are being incremented. The appear to be staying the same no matter what action is taken. Of Course I save before checking and then refresh the registry view.

Well ignore all of that except the disliking the way the game saves. Right after posting the last comment I looked at the save again and now they are incrementing. I might be suffering from a slight case of dain bramage.

xb

Nov 9, 2017
Has anyone managed to get the cousin undressed yet? I'm doing Sveta on a regular basis and the Friday night drinking is now repeating as is the peeking at the girls in the water.

yourchoice1

Game Developer
May 14, 2017
Hi people.

Finally, there we go with the new version of Your Choice.

I changed few things on the UI, with more style, you know haha.

I hope you like it. I`m already working on the new release to bring to you at beginning of January!

Changelog for version 1.5:

A new item in the shop: Telescope

-You will be able to learn some lessons in the new location (academy) about the astronomy. Thanks to this you will be able to look the stars, planets or someone else (wink, wink).

Extended with Julie and Emma

-I want to develop a bit more the plot of Emma and Julie, so you will see more renders about them.

Add some secondary female characters with two routes, love or control her through the evil force.

-Choose between flirt with them or just control them with the evil force.

Solved some bugs of the previous version.

I`m sure there are several bugs, if you noticed these bugs, please report to me so this way I can fix them fastly.

Thanks a lot!

Glaz64

Jun 11, 2017
I've had a quick go at this game and it seems ok, but since the dev seems to frequent this forum, I thought I'd point out a few things I noticed.

As someone else has said, the renders are a bit grainy. I think they might be improved if they can be cleaned up.

There seem to be a lot of renders with no dialogue, which seems odd, as writing dialogue should be way less time consuming than rendering. If it's because I've not progressed part of the story to provide the dialogue, then consider putting some alternate dialogue in to at least explain what's going on.

The requirements for certain things are rather arbitrary, a better indication of what you are meant to do in the quest guide might help. Also, I assume the indicator for where girls are is a % chance when it says 'may be' at Y. This gets a bit tedious when you go to the coffee shop everytime it says this about Sveta but she is never there.

Personally, I don't play this type of game for the puzzles or challenge, because with no disrespect to the creator, I can get better puzzle games and challenges elsewhere. I prefer this type of game to offer me choices so I have to make decisions but it should be more about telling a story and offering choices. This may alter the relevance of my opinions in terms of the type of game you are attempting to make.

xb

Nov 9, 2017
Checked the new version and a couple things that just bug me. When you buy something it says "You buyed it" It's either "You bought it" or "You purchased it." When you speak to Emma in her room the choice is "leave" or something like "you go in and pin her to the wall." Walking into a room and pinning them against the wall would be more like assault than going to talk. Maybe something like leave or try to speak/talk to her would be better. When you visit Julie in her room at 23:00 it gives chances like 70% or 65%. These chances can't be right when you fail 90% of the time. Either fix the chances, have them increase each attempt or don't use them at all. On a positive note - Loving the couple extra scenes with Emma and Julie.

Reactions: yourchoice1

fakk2

Donor
May 30, 2017
Hi people.

I hope you like it. I`m already working on the new release to bring to you at beginning of January!

-You will be able to learn some lessons in the new location (academy) about the astronomy. Thanks to this you will be able to look the stars, planets or someone else (wink, wink).

-I want to develop a bit more the plot of Emma and Julie, so you will see more renders about them.

Add some secondary female characters with two routes, love or control her through the evil force.

I`m sure there are several bugs, if you noticed these bugs, please report to me so this way I can fix them fastly.

Thanks a lot!

I have found a serious issue here. I went to astronomy class after I could buy the telescope.
After using the telescope (it did not work for some reason -> black screen), but i could go back to the house.
While I played on the next few days the telescope was visible, but it still did not work.
I saved the game, to continue next time
Next time I loaded the game, the telescope was gone, I could not buy the telescope (not know how to assemble it), went back to school, could no longer take the class.
so having only one save I have no way to get the telescope back if I do not start from begining.

Jaime Lannister

Apr 23, 2017
Hi people.

Thanks a lot!

Am I reading right or did this dev just drop a MEGA link to his new update? What a nice guy! Playing the game for the first time, have a good feeling about this.

yourchoice1

Game Developer
May 14, 2017
I've had a quick go at this game and it seems ok, but since the dev seems to frequent this forum, I thought I'd point out a few things I noticed.

As someone else has said, the renders are a bit grainy. I think they might be improved if they can be cleaned up.

There seem to be a lot of renders with no dialogue, which seems odd, as writing dialogue should be way less time consuming than rendering. If it's because I've not progressed part of the story to provide the dialogue, then consider putting some alternate dialogue in to at least explain what's going on.

The requirements for certain things are rather arbitrary, a better indication of what you are meant to do in the quest guide might help. Also, I assume the indicator for where girls are is a % chance when it says 'may be' at Y. This gets a bit tedious when you go to the coffee shop everytime it says this about Sveta but she is never there.

Personally, I don't play this type of game for the puzzles or challenge, because with no disrespect to the creator, I can get better puzzle games and challenges elsewhere. I prefer this type of game to offer me choices so I have to make decisions but it should be more about telling a story and offering choices. This may alter the relevance of my opinions in terms of the type of game you are attempting to make.
Im going to release a new game in the next month it will be more orientated to a dialogue without this kind of daily system. Thanks a lot for your feedback!

Checked the new version and a couple things that just bug me. When you buy something it says "You buyed it" It's either "You bought it" or "You purchased it." When you speak to Emma in her room the choice is "leave" or something like "you go in and pin her to the wall." Walking into a room and pinning them against the wall would be more like assault than going to talk. Maybe something like leave or try to speak/talk to her would be better. When you visit Julie in her room at 23:00 it gives chances like 70% or 65%. These chances can't be right when you fail 90% of the time. Either fix the chances, have them increase each attempt or don't use them at all. On a positive note - Loving the couple extra scenes with Emma and Julie.
Thanks a lot for your feedback, Im going to fix that.

I have found a serious issue here. I went to astronomy class after I could buy the telescope.
After using the telescope (it did not work for some reason -> black screen), but i could go back to the house.
While I played on the next few days the telescope was visible, but it still did not work.
I saved the game, to continue next time
Next time I loaded the game, the telescope was gone, I could not buy the telescope (not know how to assemble it), went back to school, could no longer take the class.
so having only one save I have no way to get the telescope back if I do not start from begining.
Im checking that, and you`re totally right, I dont know why those variables are not saving. Im going to fix it right now. So sorry for the troubles fakk2 and as always thanks a lot for reporting those bugs (always are you xD)

Im going to put a variable to check if you pass the classroom and you will be able to buy the telescope again.

Am I reading right or did this dev just drop a MEGA link to his new update? What a nice guy! Playing the game for the first time, have a good feeling about this.
Its the last public release jijijij xD,

Thanks a lot for your comment, and... I love your .gif, its amazing!

yourchoice1

Game Developer
May 14, 2017
There its the new link with the bug of the telescope solved:

Changelog 1.51:

Solved the problem with the telescope.

@muttdoggy can you upload the thread please? Thanks a lot!

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
Link in the OP should be updated as it's still the Your Choice 1.42.zip and I downloaded from there and wasn't paying attention to it and went to the academy and was like WTH is it closed it's suppose to be open now. But then I checked the last page as saw that is hasn't been added to the OP.

Game screen resolution still seems to off for 1280 X 800 full screen.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

If you go to the coffee shop it says from 19:00 the cafeteria is closed. It should say it's 19:00 the coffee shop is closed. Not sure why it's listed as a cafeteria when it's a coffee shop and not a school eating place.

Well, then i know what gift to make you to thank you. - Well, then I know what gift to give you to thank you.

Click to buy book of general knowledge and message pops up sweet candieees instead of sweet I bought a book or something like that.

Stripping cousin at night. I think it's going to catch you, come out. - I think she's going to catch me, I need to leave. Your cousin shouldn't be called it unless she has hair from head to toes and looks like cousin it from the Adam's family.

I see a lot of proofreading that needs to be done as there are a lot of mistakes I'm noticing.

Part of the stripping scene with the cousin at night in her room the words are still not in English.

Is the wake up and wash his face thing suppose to be one time or is it suppose to happen more then 1 time as I have had the scene happen twice so far after waking up?

Rebecca's name is spelled wrong it's spelled Rebeca instead of Rebecca.

Elisabeth's talk bubble at school disappeared after

Also notice I can't open the quest tab at all.

Using the telescope at night when looking at the bottom right hand one with the bunk beds what the player says isn't in English.

Last edited:

fakk2

Donor
May 30, 2017
Additional bugs I noticed in 1.51 version (bugs are strong with the force in this one):

Good stuff:
- I do love the new intimate renderings if Emma and Julie:heartcoveredeyes:

Anyway @yourchoice1 thanks for the upload.
I still do not get why your patreon has so little subscribers, Plenty of less worthy games (in my opinion) get plenty more ob subscribers. It is baffling to the mind. I am sure bugs are of no help to this problem aswell.

Patan

May 28, 2017
i didn't play this game after 1.2, is there any sex scene added? because i don't think i found anything yet or i just suck at playing

yourchoice1

Game Developer
May 14, 2017
Link in the OP should be updated as it's still the Your Choice 1.42.zip and I downloaded from there and wasn't paying attention to it and went to the academy and was like WTH is it closed it's suppose to be open now. But then I checked the last page as saw that is hasn't been added to the OP.

Game screen resolution still seems to off for 1280 X 800 full screen.

If you go to the coffee shop it says from 19:00 the cafeteria is closed. It should say it's 19:00 the coffee shop is closed. Not sure why it's listed as a cafeteria when it's a coffee shop and not a school eating place.

Well, then i know what gift to make you to thank you. - Well, then I know what gift to give you to thank you.

Click to buy book of general knowledge and message pops up sweet candieees instead of sweet I bought a book or something like that.

Stripping cousin at night. I think it's going to catch you, come out. - I think she's going to catch me, I need to leave. Your cousin shouldn't be called it unless she has hair from head to toes and looks like cousin it from the Adam's family.

I see a lot of proofreading that needs to be done as there are a lot of mistakes I'm noticing.

Part of the stripping scene with the cousin at night in her room the words are still not in English.

Is the wake up and wash his face thing suppose to be one time or is it suppose to happen more then 1 time as I have had the scene happen twice so far after waking up?

Rebecca's name is spelled wrong it's spelled Rebeca instead of Rebecca.

Elisabeth's talk bubble at school disappeared after

Also notice I can't open the quest tab at all.
Thanks a lot for your report, I will try to solve that bugs. Sorry for the troubles.

Additional bugs I noticed in 1.51 version (bugs are strong with the force in this one):

Good stuff:
- I do love the new intimate renderings if Emma and Julie:heartcoveredeyes:

Anyway @yourchoice1 thanks for the upload.
I still do not get why your patreon has so little subscribers, Plenty of less worthy games (in my opinion) get plenty more ob subscribers. It is baffling to the mind. I am sure bugs are of no help to this problem aswell.
As always thanks a lot for your report fakk2, Im going to solve those bugs.

Respect to the last paragraph, because of that I want to do a simple game with choices and good artwork (the game I`ve spoken on patreon). I suck coding and it takes me a lot of time., but I think my artwork its pretty decent, so making a game with simples choices and good artwork it will be more succesfull.

Have a good day to all of u!

Reactions: Cthulhu_ and fakk2

fakk2

Donor
May 30, 2017
Respect to the last paragraph, because of that I want to do a simple game with choices and good artwork (the game I`ve spoken on patreon). I suck coding and it takes me a lot of time., but I think my artwork its pretty decent, so making a game with simples choices and good artwork it will be more succesfull.

Have a good day to all of u!
I hope you take renpy for consideration as the engine for the new game. If nothing else it will expand the possible user base to Linux and Mac users. Doing a simple game with it is easy, and you can always add complexity if needed.

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
For Sveta it says maybe she's at the coffee shop but she isn't really there as I tried every hour on Saturday and Sunday and never saw her there.

I can verify that meeting Lanie is bugged and you can't see them anymore after the first meeting without getting a you have already visited them today.

Why does the player keep calling the cousin vicious? To me vicious means mean evil or something like that.

The telescope seems to be broken on the weekends as it seems to go past the rooms windows and stops on a black screen. Screenshot shows it speeding past when it stops it'll be all black screen.

Suggestion maybe placing the refresh button that is used to move the day along while in the cousins house to maybe a better spot that isn't blocked by all the people you have met. Like maybe place it between the patron logo and the money. I kept leaving the house to go to the park to move time along till I noticed it and clicked it to see what it did. Unless it's like that because of the messed up screen resolution for the one I stated about earlier.

Seems there is only a specific time that you can use the telescope to look and see anything. Tried a few other times but haven't seen anything.

Have one person I have not met yet and it's the one between Lannie and Elisabeth.

Twice now I have seen the before the accident sleep scene 2nd time the scenes were black with no pictures just the words.

If you talk to Emma after buying the lotion for the first time if you enter her room without buying the lotion again you get black screens when talking to her. When you buy the lotion and talk to her in her room the screen goes black right away till she tells you to open them.

Max Headroom

pauper commilito CtSH
Sep 27, 2017
The telescope seems to be broken on the weekends as it seems to go past the rooms windows and stops on a black screen. Screenshot shows it speeding past when it stops it'll be all black screen.
This happens when you have looked at the stats and didn't "reset" the page to the starting view but left it scrolled down somewhere. After you scrolled this page up again to start position your telescopic view is centered at the windows again.

3.50 star(s) 4 Votes